Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ORANIA, South Africa's "Whites Only" Town

This may be a silly question, but how is it allowed to exist in post-Apartheid South Africa?

You would think that the government would forbid it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2024 5:43 PM

Deport them.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2024 9:50 AM

Disgusting.

Where to R1? Nobody wants these nasties anywhere near them. These are the extreme MAGAs of South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2024 10:35 AM

Eh, as someone from the Deep South, I'd rather them out in the open than smile in my face.

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2024 10:39 AM

I honestly thought South Africa was past this kind of thing.

You know, if they despise black people so much, why do they want to live in Africa, of all places?

That's just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2024 10:42 AM

Chernobyl r2. So much fresh air….😈

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2024 10:49 AM

Actually, that's an incredibly good idea R5. I'm very impressed.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2024 10:51 AM

They bought the town... It's privately owned land. Gives them a lot of control.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2024 10:57 AM

The whites there are under constant attack. They’re probably glad having them all rounded up into one place.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2024 11:03 AM

And I mean the no -whites are happy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2024 11:03 AM

Deport them anyway. A lot of white South Africans and Rhodesians went to Australia. There are plenty of Australians who share their unfortunate POV when it comes to race.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2024 12:01 PM

[QUOTE] I honestly thought South Africa was past this kind of thing.

Why? There’s “whites only” towns here in America.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2024 12:05 PM

I’m surprised that the SA government allows this. What with all the horrific racial discrimination and abuse Afrikaners have committed against the black majority population, why’d they allow this?

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2024 1:40 PM

I’m Australian and South Africans have a pretty bad rep here for being horrible cunts. I don’t know if they are representative of SAs in general, or if we just imported the worst of the worst

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2024 2:07 PM

[quote]There’s “whites only” towns here.

Name them?

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2024 2:25 PM

Maybe go back to Holland or wherever they were originally from? They hate Blacks yet live in Africa? No logic.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote] There’s “whites only” towns here.

[quote] Name them?

R14 is Sutton Stracke!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2024 4:55 PM

Lucas Zelnick roasted the fuck out of a South African at one of his comedy shows, it was doing the rounds on Twitter last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2024 5:03 PM

Itz not det we keep de bleks out. Itz det de don’t want to leev herre. It’s a con-un-drrrum!

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2024 5:33 PM

I have little to no sympathy for the Afrikaners. Probably wrong but it’s what I feel. 😬

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2024 6:11 PM

We’ll happily take them.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2024 6:17 PM

It’s not exactly racially exclusive. It’s an ethic enclave. English-speaking whites are also not welcome. Not that different from an isolated fundamentalist Mormon or Orthodox Jewish or Amish town. Those places may rely on social pressure rather than formal rules to keep homogeneous, but in the end it amounts to the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2024 6:40 PM

Go back to where you came from!

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2024 6:42 PM

Celebration Florida is a town owned by Disney.

Black percentage of population? 1.01%

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2024 6:45 PM

The first reason is that it’s in the middle of no where on land that no one cares about. Most isolationist groups, mostly cults, do the same thing. Even if someone living there wanted to sell their home to a black family, no black family is interested in moving 10 hours away from civilization on to property which is worthless unless your a member of the group.

I don’t think the government can do much about it. They seem to be pretty self sufficient, even using their own money. I’m not sure what law the government could use against them, and even if there was one, the optics of rounding up a whole town makes it impossible. The US government tried it with the FLDS church and even though 12 year olds were being married off to old men that didn’t stand.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2024 6:46 PM

It has a population of 3,000.

There are all-white gated communities in the US bigger than that.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2024 6:48 PM

Palm Beach FL.

Black population 0.5%

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2024 6:50 PM

[quote] The first reason is that it’s in the middle of no where on land that no one cares about. Most isolationist groups, mostly cults, do the same thing. Even if someone living there wanted to sell their home to a black family, no black family is interested in moving 10 hours away from civilization on to property which is worthless unless your a member of the group.

Yeah, it's basically the American equivalent of the Waco Branch Davidians or Ruby Ridge cultists.

From the video, it seems they want to become completely self-sufficient like Doomsday Preppers.

[quote] the optics of rounding up a whole town makes it impossible

And their ranks are growing.

I think that's part of the plan. It's like building an army.

Notice how they make all the kids do these "running events."

It's like military basic training under the disguise of "fun runs."

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2024 6:50 PM

[quote] I’m Australian and South Africans have a pretty bad rep here for being horrible cunts. I don’t know if they are representative of SAs in general, or if we just imported the worst of the worst

They’re so obnoxious.

I worked at a bookstore in a suburb that neighboured Sydney’s South African enclave (very leafy, very suburban, very wealthy, very conservative) when I was at uni. I am of a certain pigmentation and I am convinced the owners hired me solely to stick it to the rude South African clientele.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2024 6:55 PM

How does it compare to the Mortimer Club? Do they have a decent brunch?

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2024 6:56 PM

[quote] From the video, it seems they want to become completely self-sufficient like Doomsday Preppers.

The South African power grid is unreliable, imposing rolling blackouts. Wanting to be independent of a failing system is not really the same thing as doomsday preppers who are afraid of a future that they imagine.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] It’s not exactly racially exclusive. It’s an ethic enclave. English-speaking whites are also not welcome. Not that different from an isolated fundamentalist Mormon or Orthodox Jewish or Amish town. Those places may rely on social pressure rather than formal rules to keep homogeneous, but in the end it amounts to the same thing.

[quote] The first reason is that it’s in the middle of no where on land that no one cares about. Most isolationist groups, mostly cults, do the same thing. Even if someone living there wanted to sell their home to a black family, no black family is interested in moving 10 hours away from civilization on to property which is worthless unless your a member of the group.

Try to put this in the context of South Africa's history.

Apartheid was the rule of law in that country for over 50 years:

[bold]Apartheid (transl. "separateness", lit. 'aparthood') was a system of institutionalised racial segregation that existed in South Africa and South West Africa (now Namibia) from 1948 to the early 1990s. Apartheid was characterised by an authoritarian political culture based on baasskap (lit. 'boss-ship' or 'boss-hood'), which ensured that South Africa was dominated politically, socially, and economically by the nation's minority white population. In this minoritarian system, there was social stratification and campaigns of marginalization such that white citizens had the highest status, with them being followed by Indians as well as Coloureds and then Black Africans. The economic legacy and social effects of apartheid continue to the present day, particularly inequality.

Broadly speaking, apartheid was delineated into petty apartheid, which entailed the segregation of public facilities and social events, and grand apartheid, which strictly separated housing and employment opportunities by race. The first apartheid law was the Prohibition of Mixed Marriages Act, 1949, followed closely by the Immorality Amendment Act of 1950, which made it illegal for most South African citizens to marry or pursue sexual relationships across racial lines.

The Population Registration Act, 1950 classified all South Africans into one of four racial groups based on appearance, known ancestry, socioeconomic status, and cultural lifestyle: "Black", "White", "Coloured", and "Indian", the last two of which included several sub-classifications. Places of residence were determined by racial classification. Between 1960 and 1983, 3.5 million black Africans were removed from their homes and forced into segregated neighbourhoods as a result of apartheid legislation, in some of the largest mass evictions in modern history.

Most of these targeted removals were intended to restrict the black population to ten designated "tribal homelands", also known as bantustans, four of which became nominally independent states. The government announced that relocated persons would lose their South African citizenship as they were absorbed into the bantustans[/bold]

This is just a recreation of Apartheid, working within the confines of the country's new laws.

Instead of putting black people in "homelands," they're putting themselves in the "homeland" and keeping everyone else out.

But if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2024 7:04 PM

Get rid of all of them now before they grow in numbers.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2024 7:09 PM

They will never grow in numbers, at least relative to the black population, strange to sit like ducks if anything happens, it's in a barren place too, no one wants it.

Apparently they want a state within SA, just like Lesotho which has been always self-governing even under apartheid, so there's precedent.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2024 7:23 PM

[quote] This is just a recreation of Apartheid, working within the confines of the country's new laws. Instead of putting black people in "homelands," they're putting themselves in the "homeland" and keeping everyone else out.

That’s actually a big difference. What they are doing has no impact on anyone else. You might find it reminiscent of apartheid, but self-isolation is small-scale and private.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2024 7:33 PM

There's no selling, r24. The town is privately owned... So everyone there leases from the owners... like a land lease or coop.

by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2024 12:06 PM

R35, thanks for the info. I only got a couple of minutes into the video before I had to stop it because listening to the Afrikaner accent makes me want to stick knitting needles in my ears.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2024 12:59 PM

4:45 in the video the guy says that teen girls can walk around at night without being harrassd or raped, no burglar guards at peoples' homes and if you leave your bike outside overnight it's not stolen by the morning.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2024 5:13 PM

But who does all the manual labor in town?

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2024 5:29 PM

The whites. You can see it in the video. They pride themselves on building their own houses, fixing the roads etc. It's a self-contained community.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2024 5:31 PM

They apparently take nothing and use no workers, I guess if you're English speaking that's out too? Afrikaans only

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2024 5:39 PM

Seth Efrica

by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2024 5:40 PM

Most American towns with low Black population numbers is likely due to financial reasons, not openly "you can't move here because you're Black" like this town.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote]But who does all the manual labor in town?

They imported some Mexicans.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2024 5:51 PM

If you watched the damn video you would see that the residents of the town do all the manual labor.

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2024 5:52 PM

Americans are in no position to preach against segregation. Even in cities that have diverse populations, most are segregated. A truly diverse community is unusual.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2024 6:09 PM

It's a really interesting video... especially the friend, Daniel, who strips down and shows off his bulge at the riverfront... and the CEO Joost looks like he'd throw a good lay...

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2024 6:38 PM

The "no white English speakers" excuse is just a cover to protect them from claims against racism.

By saying that they won't admit white English speakers, they can say, "See? We're not racist!"

But in reality, it's just a cover for them.

It also kills two birds with one stone, because they probably don't want English speakers there, either.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2024 6:53 PM

If I were President of South Africa, their trashy behinds wouldn’t be allowed to stay there. Period. There’s no justification for this at all. Go to Russia or Germany but not in South Africa where their mindset is forever linked with oppression, disenfranchisement, discrimination and death. They must be paying the government to be left alone.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2024 8:53 PM

One good drone strike is all it would take.

by Anonymousreply 49July 24, 2024 5:50 AM

The narrator/producer doesn't give a $h!t about Orania or South Africa. This is a TOTAL vanity piece about him and his best friend - just watch them kiss each others asses.

by Anonymousreply 50July 24, 2024 6:10 AM

[quote] just watch them kiss each others asses

Gladly.

They can suck and fuck each other, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 24, 2024 6:32 AM

The guy with the Podcast is named Josh Rubin, and he's very cute.

He reminds me a lot of gay actor Connor Paolo.

Interestingly, I was wondering if Josh Rubin might be gay too, judging by this Instagram post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 24, 2024 6:36 AM

Josh is freaking adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 24, 2024 6:42 AM

I've had it with racism. Evolve, world!

by Anonymousreply 54July 24, 2024 7:07 AM

Where do you live, r54? Is you neighborhood racially diverse?

by Anonymousreply 55July 24, 2024 4:38 PM

My neighborhood is about 90% white and 10% Asian and it's really nice.

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2024 4:48 PM

0% Black? Preach!

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2024 5:02 PM

A great place to live!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2024 5:14 PM

[quote] Multimillion-dollar crystal meth lab found hidden in remote farm

Three Mexican suspects were arrested with two South Africans when elite police units raided a multimillion-dollar crystal meth lab hidden in a remote farm north of Johannesburg, police said Tuesday.

The owner of the farm near Groblersdal, about 125 miles from Johannesburg, was among four men arrested on Friday, police said.

A third Mexican was picked up on Monday, the spokeswoman for the elite Hawks unit told AFP.

"The drugs were obviously intended for local and international sale," Brigadier Thandi Mbambo told AFP, adding that the manufacturing facility was operating "at a large scale."

Authorities also seized large quantities of chemicals used to manufacture illicit drugs, including crystal meth and acetone, valued at around two billion rands (more than $100 million), police said.

The Hawks and other specialized units raided the farm in the Limpopo province after a tip-off of suspicious activity there. Police photographs showed the operation was fairly sophisticated and included large machinery.

So far this year, the Hawks have uncovered ten 10 clandestine drug laboratories and made 34 arrests, police said in a statement.

South Africa is a major consumer of meth and the market is growing in neighboring countries and elsewhere in the region, according to a 2021 report by the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2024 5:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!