Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Academy Award Winner Jamie Lee Curtis chimes in on Kamala

"She is trusted and tested and she is a fierce advocate for women’s rights and people of color and her message is one of hope and unity for America at her time of great national divide and vote for me at the Emmys.”

by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2024 3:22 AM

Go eat yogurt, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2024 10:28 PM

The Beyoncé song was an elegant touch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2024 10:34 PM

Is she hated on here because of the shameless Oscar campaign or was she hated on here before then. I really can’t remember.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2024 10:40 PM

My child is trans!

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2024 11:15 PM

R3 I think most of the world hated her after her Oscar campaign

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2024 11:24 PM

JLC needs to shut the fuck up about Kamala. She needs this nutty bitch's approval like a hole in the head.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2024 11:46 PM

I love them both.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2024 12:03 AM

R5 is right, she had even a mostly good rap here but then she showed her true colors. Frankly, i can’t stand her for her denying the obvious that she was favoured and privileged for her parents. This was also from last year.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2024 12:21 AM

I kinda don’t blame her for PR whoring. When you appear in films like her you often get overlooked at the Oscars. She probably never imagined she would ever have a shot. It was funny, JLC was never really on my radar but I realized some of my fave highly rewatchable films like Trading Places, Halloween, and My girl— all nostalgic as fuck to my childhood.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2024 12:41 AM

OP we include links for reference in the original posts. Do better.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2024 12:43 AM

Go suck your dick, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2024 12:45 AM

I always loved her as an actress—Halloween, The Fog, Terror Train, Road Games, My Girl, A Fish Called Wanda—she was also a huge part of my upbringing as a kid who spent a lot of time watching movies.

That said, I began finding her personality increasingly grating after she had her initial reemergence with “Knives Out” and went on to the David Gordon Green “Halloween” trilogy. I don’t know if she was always like this and it was just that the internet didn’t exist to showcase it, but she came off as obnoxious, manic, showboat-y, and grating, and it only got worse as time has gone on. I truly think she has bipolar disorder.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2024 1:21 AM

She's like what Jane Fonda has become in recent years. Everything is PROFOUND and she acts like no one has ever discussed the issues she is passionate about until she has opened her mouth about them. She's also adopted Fonda's condescending attitude and humorlessness.

JLC used to talk about her privilege on end and made no bones about the fact that being Janet Leigh's daughter helped get her that big break in Halloween. She trashed showbiz in general and said how vacant and empty it really was.

I think the turnaround started with that photoshoot she did with no makeup, and it ramped up with the oscar nomination. She's completely insufferable now and that militaristic, harsh look does her no favors.

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2024 1:34 AM

[quote] I truly think she has narcissistic personality disorder.

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2024 1:36 AM

No one has wanted an Oscar more than since Joan Crawford faked a near death experience.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2024 1:38 AM

Harris is fine but I’m tired of all the deference to Curtis.Shes so full of her own self .And you know Basset should have won.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2024 2:01 AM

[quote]Is she hated on here because of the shameless Oscar campaign or was she hated on here before then. I really can’t remember.

For me, she dug her own grave when she acted real shitty to Danielle Harris and Heather Langenkamp.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2024 9:17 AM

Shut up, Jamie. I'M the one who made Joe step aside.

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2024 10:58 AM

God, she’s an insufferable drunk.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2024 11:02 AM

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2024 11:38 AM

You couldn’t have said it better Jamie 🥂

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2024 12:56 PM

And then she went to drive thru at the burger joint.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2024 4:51 PM

Jamie Lee Curtis can challenge Kamala Harris to a dance off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2024 5:16 PM

I love that OP did post a link with magic ink

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2024 6:44 PM

R3 JLC was very much loved here as a solid person with a good sense of humour before her Oscar campaign. During Oscar season DLers were “I love Jamie Lee, but…”. Then towards the end it was all over.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2024 6:59 PM

She doesn’t care what we think but we know the truth.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2024 7:20 PM

The Rethugs just lost: 1) Joe is senile; 2) Hunter Biden; 3) 2-Finger Tara Reade (cancel her flight from Moscow); 4) "I'm younger"; 5) Barack Hussein Obama is actually running things; 6) the election was rigged; 7) Biden stole top secret files, too; 8) Biden weaponized the Justice Dept. against me!; and probably 9) The Immigration Thang.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2024 9:08 PM

R27, God, I hope you’re right!

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2024 9:32 PM

She's only nominated for a Schemmy. She won't even get to go to the main ceremony unless she wins.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2024 10:15 PM

Play a role, write a check, share your expert political advice. We are in for a long season of celebrity endorsements (or un-endorsements, like Clooney's).

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2024 11:54 PM

At least I'm not shilling for some slot machine app, like Sharon Stone. Now watch me eat this In 'N Out burger.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2024 11:57 PM

I find her annoying but I would rather hear from her than that smug, arrogant ephebophile George Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2024 11:59 PM

I will vote for Kamala despite Jamie Lee’s endorsement.

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2024 12:03 AM

Watch old reruns of Match Game from the 70s and you'll see that she was always like this. I think she takes after her father, who was quite a handful. But she'll always get a pass with me because of Halloween, The Fog and Terror Train.

by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2024 12:17 AM

R34, agreed.

At link—Jamie Lee, first time on Match Game, 1979.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2024 12:33 AM

R12 here. It's interesting watching some of that Match Game episodes—confirms my suspicion that perhaps she's always kind of been a bit of an obnoxious person. These days she seems more histrionic on top of it, and impassioned about things to a degree that is not healthy. Her mother was a much more poised and reserved woman I think, whereas Jamie Lee seems more to have taken after her father as R34 states.

Also, I forgot to mention in the list of films in my initial post: "PROM NIGHT". Second to "Halloween", it's my favorite horror film she did. I love that movie so much.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2024 1:48 AM

Her Oscar win made me dislike Angela Bassett for being a poor sport

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2024 1:50 AM

[quote] Jamie Lee seems more to have taken after her father

That’s putting it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2024 1:52 AM

[quote] Academy Award Winner Jamie Lee Curtis

Bitch, who?

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2024 1:54 AM

Yeah but when Tony really wanted to he could lay on the humble charm. Jamie has always been obnoxious and is incapable of hiding it. Her parents were much better actors.

by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2024 1:55 AM

I do find Jamie charming (at least at times). It's just that she's A LOT. She has always struck me as reasonably intelligent and used to at least appear to have some semblance self-awareness, but she's lost the latter in her older age. Nowadays she seems out of touch and very stagy in the way she conducts herself. Does anyone remember her extolling hack David Gordon Green for wholly centering the new "Halloween" films on the profound theme of TROW-ma?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 23, 2024 2:04 AM

If I could use a “Mean Girls” analogy - people think Jamie is like Cady (Lindsay Lohan’s character) but the truth is she is and has always thought of herself as Regina George.

People assume she’s close to Laurie Strode or the Freaky Friday Mom. She’s not. She was a privilege Miss Popular rich bitch Hollywood nepo baby.

Jamie thought of herself as Sharon Stone or Angelina Jolie, that’s why she always went for sexy roles.

That’s why she always sounds like a cunt because that’s how she perceives herself and was probably treated in high school and such. But the public has always seen her as “humble” and nice cause that’s the way she looks.

by Anonymousreply 42July 23, 2024 3:08 AM

Growing up as a kid, I always thought she was a lesbian and I always thought her sexy roles were weird. She had a great body but her looks and the intersex rumors were always something that held her back from being looked at the way she wanted to be seen.

In her old age, she approached the “cool hip older lady” image. But that’s why people are so surprised by how much of an asshole she can be.

People think she’s like Carrie Fisher. She’s not.

by Anonymousreply 43July 23, 2024 3:13 AM

But what does Cynthia Nixon have to say about all this?

by Anonymousreply 44July 23, 2024 3:33 AM

Of course.

by Anonymousreply 45July 23, 2024 4:11 AM

[quote]People think she’s like Carrie Fisher. She’s not.

Carrie was who she was, like it or not. Jamie Lee is always aware of her persona.

by Anonymousreply 46July 23, 2024 4:43 AM

I was a pioneer. I was addicted to pain killers long before it was fashionable. I deserve an Emmy for that.

by Anonymousreply 47July 23, 2024 5:06 AM

My ancestors didn't immigrate half way around the world to see me lose this Emmy Award.

by Anonymousreply 48July 23, 2024 5:11 AM

I did like her Oscar speech.

by Anonymousreply 49July 23, 2024 5:13 AM

R13, it seems to me more and more actors these days are handing themselves trailblazing awards for paths already well-trodden. It's reminiscent of when Jennifer Lawrence claimed to be the first female action star, or Rebel Wilson asserted she was the first plus-size female lead in a romantic comedy, or Maggie Gyllenhaal presented 'The Lost Daughter' as the first film to explore maternal ambivalence. I wonder how much of it is egoism versus genuine ignorance of what came before them.

For me, if I enjoy an actor's work (as I do with Jamie Lee Curtis in several of her films), I simply try to avoid listening to them speak outside of their roles.

by Anonymousreply 50July 23, 2024 4:06 PM

She is totally insufferable.

You got your Oscar, bitch. Now please STFU.

by Anonymousreply 51July 23, 2024 5:10 PM

People forget that the first action 'franchise' starred a woman. The Perils of Pauline.

by Anonymousreply 52July 23, 2024 6:31 PM

[quote] Everything is PROFOUND and she acts like no one has ever discussed the issues she is passionate about until she has opened her mouth about them

Get your Activia ready because the grinch-factor migth constipate you for days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2024 7:13 PM

R42 is spot on.

She’s an elitist, entitled asshole. In old interviews she’d always discuss how “Halloween” was an acting stretch because she was a popular, smart-mouthed cheerleader, not the nerd she played.

She said it out loud but no one listened.

Barely educated. Signed a TV contract with NBC after high school with zero experience.

Her nepo baby crusade was such a joke because no one under 60 remembers who her parents were. But like all narcissists, it’s all about her and will use any opportunity for attention.

Used to really like her cannot stand her after her desperate Oscsr bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 54July 23, 2024 11:37 PM

Her Oscar campaign was desperate and shameless even by Hollywood standards. It really reflected poorly on her.

by Anonymousreply 55July 23, 2024 11:39 PM

She’s up for an Emmy?

Oh crap, her obnoxious, performative award campaigning begins again.

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2024 12:27 AM

Jamie will soon be halfway to an EGOT. We need to think of Broadway shows that she could do to win the Tony.

I think she would be excellent in a revival of August: Osage County in the main character of Violet Weston. Violet is basically the same character she played on The Bear.

She could also star in a revival of Woman of the Year. If Lauren Bacall can win a Tony for it, then so can our Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2024 1:00 AM

[quote] Jamie will soon be halfway to an EGOT.

Unless the Grammy’s have a Best Performance by a She-Male category, she isn’t winning shit.

by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2024 1:03 AM

R58 ouch 😣

by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2024 1:25 AM

JLC IS Mame!

by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2024 1:29 AM

JLC is president of the lucky club, her iconic parents made sure she would have a role in the industry once she decided she wanted to be an actress, albeit lucking into Halloween and its iconography (which she plays to this day; Halloween Next 2027 or whatever will confirm that). Her pompous posts and the typical “sober” AA yet chain-smoking, holier-than-thou attitude is very, very recognizable to those in that community. Say what you want about Carrie Fisher, but her “truth” was real and she dgaf, whereas JLC always seems to be posing as something else… whether or not her genius husband is gay/bi and/or their child is trans irrespective.

by Anonymousreply 61July 24, 2024 1:29 AM

[quote] JLC always seems to be posing as something else.

Yeah. A woman.

by Anonymousreply 62July 24, 2024 1:40 AM

JLC is cut from the same cloth as many similarly batshit and obnoxious boomers. She's posted approximately nine Kamala-related images on her Instagram in the last 48 hours. NINE. The obsessive, manic behavior is real.

by Anonymousreply 63July 24, 2024 1:45 AM

Does she allegedly have AIS?

by Anonymousreply 64July 24, 2024 9:41 AM

R39 Fuck you both!

Yours sincerely,Stephanie Hsu, Hong Chau ,Kerry Condon

by Anonymousreply 65July 24, 2024 10:22 AM

Condon should have won

by Anonymousreply 66July 25, 2024 3:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!