Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CONCLAVE (2024) w/ Ralph Fiennes, Stanley Tucci & John Lithgow

Based on the Robert Harris book, which I read upon release but don’t recall exactly what the corruption and intrigue was regarding the papal vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2024 7:15 PM

The original trailer on the distributor's/studio's page usually has a more stylish thumbnail, just a tip for the future. And six million views in three days isn't bad!

I've heard interesting things about this movie, especially about the ending of the source material, which could apparently spark a cancellation debate if not handled properly. I'll definitely watch it, I love this conclave shit. Can't wait for the current pope to die, so we can have a fun DL white smoke watch thread about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2024 5:16 PM

Stanley Tucci is always in good shit.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2024 5:19 PM

I really enjoyed the film of Angels and Demons. I hope this is more fun trash along those lines but it seems to be taking itself a mite too seriously.

I love Robert Harris’ books, they’re always easily digestible and I well written. This had a twist which was sort of predictable and I didn’t buy it.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2024 5:22 PM

Looks like a good one. Of course I could make a great trailer out of paint drying on a wall, so we’ll see what becomes of this in November.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2024 5:26 PM

R3 I agree with you. Angels and demons and DaVinci Code are glorious dumb trash. I love them.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2024 5:35 PM

Angels and Demons was so fun. It was cool to see the cardinals check their iPods, phones and cigarettes in before entering the Sistine Chapel. I loved the German security guard who got trapped in the library.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2024 7:02 PM

Great for the aging actors but looks messy and will only distort an already distorted institution

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2024 7:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!