Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sigourney Weaver was a Mean Girl to Harry Connick Jr. on the set of "Copycat"

Sigourney Weaver steered clear of Harry Connick Jr. on the set of their 1995 crime thriller Copycat.

In the film, Connick played a repulsive serial killer named Daryll Lee Cullum, who was obsessed with Weaver's psychologist character Dr. Helen Hudson.

While promoting his latest romance movie Find Me Falling on SiriusXM’s The Jess Cagle Show with Julia Cunningham, Connick, 56, recalled how costar Weaver, 74, avoided him during filming.

"Sigourney Weaver, she's so unbelievable. She wouldn't talk to me," he recalled. "I didn't meet her till the premiere. She would not— every time I came around, she went the other way. She was like, 'I don't want to be around that guy!' "

The singer joked, "I remembered what it was like to be in high school."

Copycat, directed by Jon Amiel, also starred Holly Hunter and Dermot Mulroney as detectives trying to track down a serial killer who is recreating infamous murders from history.

Connick — who went on to make movies like Hope Floats, Bug and The Iron Giant — also recalled on The Jess Cagle Show that landing his violent Copycat role came after a string of failed auditions.

"Can I give you some inside dirt? I wanna give you some inside dirt," he said. "So, I was a kid when I did that. I was like 23 years old, and I'd been going on a bunch of auditions and I wasn't getting anything and I was like, 'Actually, I think I'm done for a while.' "

However, "My manager said, there's a guy named Jon Amiel, he's a British director. He's doing a film called Copycat. I didn't know anything about it. She goes, 'Why don't you just go meet him?' I said okay."

"So I'm sitting in the room with him and we're talking, and he goes, you know, he's from England, he said, 'Well, what do you know about serial killers?' I said, 'You know, what I see on the news. I don't know much.' "

Connick continued, "And he starts saying like, 'You're from the south, right?' I said, 'Yeah, I'm from New Orleans.' He said, 'What would you say in this situation, and what would you say in that situation?' He said, 'Is that a really strong accent?' I said, 'Well, some people think I have a strong accent, but I can, you know, I can make it stronger. I can kind of like, you know, make that kind of thing...' and I started, like, giving him some southern expressions and he said, 'Okay, thank you,' and I'm like, 'Oh, well there's another one!' "

"Then my manager calls me like an hour later and says, 'He wants you for the role,' and I'm thinking, like, what did I possibly do to convince this guy that I could play that guy?" said the star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 28, 2024 2:39 AM

I'll never understand why actors and actresses behave like this.

What does it cost them to act like a human being, and be nice to someone else??

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2024 3:47 AM

Susan Weaver’s really a bit of a cunt. You don’t really read about her having Hollywood friendships with ANYONE, despite her years in the business.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2024 3:50 AM

I've always liked him.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2024 3:50 AM

FFS he wanted her squirrel covers; I'da stayed away from him, too.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2024 3:51 AM

Sigourney Weaver is one of the most considerate, friendly, non-actressy actress in NYC. I'm sure there a second side to this, but I've met her numerous times over many years and she's been unfailingly polite and respectful.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2024 3:55 AM

In their one scene together, his serial killer character is trying to torture and kill her. It’s brutal and intense. Maybe she was going method, or keeping a distance to maintain the animosity and tension when the cameras were rolling. This is nothing new in making movies.

by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2024 4:43 AM

She was just doing what many actors do - maintaining distance from another actor when their characters aren’t meant to be close and/or are protagonists.

Meryl Streep did this with the rest of the cast on “The Devil Wears Prada”. Nicole Kidman with Miles Teller on “Rabbit Hole”. Anthony Hopkins with Jodie Foster on “Silence of the Lambs”.

It’s fairly common.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2024 4:44 AM

Why don't they try ACTING?

by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2024 4:46 AM

She could have given Harry a heads up via a note: "I'm going to ignore you for the sake of my performance."

by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2024 4:47 AM

Yes r7, some actors do that but they usually let the other actors know they will be doing so.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2024 4:47 AM

Harry Connick Jr. is a fucking idiot anyway. He deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2024 7:59 AM

[QUOTE]FFS he wanted her squirrel covers; I'da stayed away from him, too.

I was about to bring up the squirrel cover quote. One of the few lines I remember from '90s movies.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2024 8:19 AM

Sigourney Weaver didn't talk to me on set 20 years ago! What a little boohoo bitch boy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2024 8:56 AM

R6 and R7 have it right in sure. Siggy has a great reputation, she even appeared in two episodes of quaint Doc Martin as a favor to a pal.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2024 9:15 AM

Bitch should have taken every opportunity to be close to that man. He's got BDF for miles, and has the look of a man who can throw a good strong pounding.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2024 9:28 AM

Terrible film. Can not be saved by Sigourney Weaver

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2024 9:38 AM

Christopher Plummer was like that with the kids in THE SOUND OF MUSIC.

Kept his distance and treated them like the riff-raff.

They were disappointed and hurt.

Julie Andrews tried to make up for the snub.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2024 9:53 AM

I remember having special feelings for Dermot Mulroney when I watched this as a kid, I was devasted when he got shot.

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2024 10:27 AM

*devastated

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2024 10:31 AM

R7 Exactly. Now why know why his most iconic role was the best friend in Independence Day. Bitch can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2024 10:49 AM

I’ve always only heard great things about Sigourney. From people who have met her. She’s totally cool.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2024 11:36 AM

Maybe she felt he was a nepo kid who hadn't earned his place?

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2024 11:40 AM

[quote]R22 Maybe she felt he was a nepo kid who hadn't earned his place?

Her own father was president of NBC and her mother was a film actress, so…

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2024 11:45 AM

She earned her place, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2024 11:53 AM

Same here R21. I've never seen or heard anyone say anything bad about her.

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2024 11:55 AM

Weaver may have resented that Connick was married to a former Victoria’s Secret model, and as such did not offer his body up to his stringy and voracious costar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2024 11:56 AM

What a farfetched story R26! He was, and is - a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2024 12:00 PM

I always loved this clip where her character does not know a single word of Russian, faking a bad accent for her date and suddenly forced onto the stage to sing classic Russian song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2024 12:16 PM

You know he has a big dick

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2024 12:21 PM

Yes. And this is exactly what Madam Weaver had expected to sample and suckle.

by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2024 12:48 PM

R30 Like she did with Billy Magnussen when he played her gigolo in "Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike" on Broadway a decade ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2024 12:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2024 12:59 PM

I had no idea Connick was only 21 or so when he recorded the soundtrack to When Harry Met Sally...

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2024 1:05 PM

LESBO and a HOMO.

Harry has very COCK sucking lips 👄

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2024 1:19 PM

He was so gorgeous back then

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2024 1:38 PM

Connick’s parents were lawyers, his father the long time New Orleans DA. I don’t consider that nepo for a show biz career.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2024 1:44 PM

Shigourney.

by Anonymousreply 37July 21, 2024 1:53 PM

Sigourney is the nepo baby between them.

Her father, Pat Weaver, was president of NBC and very influential in the medium since its infancy.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2024 1:54 PM

Translation :

I grabbed her tit. Bitch slapped by face.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2024 2:11 PM

He ruined Will & Grace, so whatever.

Sigourney is such an elegant presence. I’ll take her side on anything.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2024 2:15 PM

Harry's OK.....but he's no Chris Isaak.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2024 2:15 PM

Does he say anything about Holly Hunter?

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2024 2:39 PM

He played her stalker. Of course she didn't buddy up to him. He sounds young. Which he was. And starved for attention. All his kids moved to Australia so he probably is

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2024 2:43 PM

Maybe Sigourney had a glimpse into the future and saw Connick's disastrously amateur performance in Annie LIVE?

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2024 2:57 PM

I think the simple explanation is she wanted to maintain the proper emotional disconnect and dramatic gravitas for their big final scene.

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2024 3:00 PM

Maybe she was steering clear because his father's a racist corrupt as fuck asshole who sent innocent people to prison and death row.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2024 3:08 PM

She refuses to talk to me too! Well, I’ve never met her, but still, how rude!

by Anonymousreply 47July 21, 2024 3:34 PM

He always walks around with cum stains on his trousers, sometimes fresh and glistening. Some women are put off by that.

by Anonymousreply 48July 21, 2024 3:36 PM

I love Copycat, r16, and feel it holds up to repeated viewings.

by Anonymousreply 49July 21, 2024 3:44 PM

When Harry Never Met Sigourney

by Anonymousreply 50July 21, 2024 3:47 PM

Hated this film and I worship Sigourney.

by Anonymousreply 51July 21, 2024 3:47 PM

I would have rode his big cock right there in a bathroom stall, right next to Siggy hangin' on for dear life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 21, 2024 3:54 PM

Lol, that's not Harry Connick Jr. That's his protégé in the film.

by Anonymousreply 53July 21, 2024 3:57 PM

Well, it's not like dear Sig would have anything of interest to say

by Anonymousreply 54July 21, 2024 3:58 PM

Sigourney has always been a Grade-A Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 55July 21, 2024 4:10 PM

I know that R53 I would have let them spitroast me!

by Anonymousreply 56July 21, 2024 4:11 PM

Hairy Cojones Jr

by Anonymousreply 57July 21, 2024 4:20 PM

Sigourney has a reputation for being incredible nice and normal with everyone. Not sure what this was about.

by Anonymousreply 58July 21, 2024 4:34 PM

Maybe Sigourney avoided the guy playing her torturer because he had his meals packed in a Julia lunch box?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 21, 2024 4:52 PM

My guess is Sue was just doing what many actors do when cast in a role like she was: They avoid the 'bad guy' on set so as not to engage with them except on film. It must have something to do with them not being confident in their acting skill perhaps. No hard feelings.

by Anonymousreply 60July 21, 2024 10:32 PM

Maybe she hates middle brow jazz.

by Anonymousreply 61July 21, 2024 10:36 PM

I can see her as one of those actors that hate when singers get roles and don't like being associated with the choice. She has cunt face for days but I like her very much as an actress. She had major bitch face when she lost Supporting Actress in 1988 which she expected and we all expected she would win.

by Anonymousreply 62July 28, 2024 2:18 AM

Harry shouldn't trash his co stars. Very unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 63July 28, 2024 2:28 AM

[quote] Shigourney.

Alsho known shometimesh as Shushan!

by Anonymousreply 64July 28, 2024 2:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!