Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's Be Moments Ignored in MAGA's New Reagan Biopic

Reagan (2024) - Starring Dennis Quaid, Penelope Ann Miller, and That Asshole Jon Voight.

That's right, cats and kittens. They're giving Ronnie the Citizen Kane Treatment. A parade of right-wing actors star in this atrocious and glossy depiction of the life and times of our 40th President. The trailer shows him bravely standing up to the commies, getting plugged in the groceries on a sidewalk, weeping silently over KAL 007, and embracing his first wife right before he dumps her for the Throat GOAT of Hollywood.

What moments from his life and tenure will be glossed over or ignored entirely?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2024 12:48 AM

I'm the Chesterfield ads, which Ronnie did for cash, but which also helped to hook a generation of young people on some very high-tar cigarettes.

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2024 2:43 AM

I'm Ollie North.

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2024 2:45 AM

[quote] Penelope Ann Miller

Boy, did “Movieline” used to hate her. With a passion 🔥.

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2024 2:45 AM

I am the blowjobs.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2024 2:48 AM

I am Reagan’s non-existent Texan accent.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2024 2:52 AM

I am Oklahoma actor Randy Wayne who plays Reagan speechwriter Anthony Dolan. I am on the left in the below-linked picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 21, 2024 2:54 AM

The film also features Kevin Sorbo in an undisclosed role.

The producer spent two decades trying to gather funding and writers to make this film happen, all because he was outraged that no "proper" film biography of Reagan existed. That producer made his fortune in Christian media, creating such barn-burners as "No Safe Spaces" with Adam Carolla, and the "rock" soundtrack to "The Passion of the Christ." You can imagine how fun he is at parties.

by Anonymousreply 7July 21, 2024 2:59 AM

I am Trevor Donovan, who plays Service Agent John Barletta. I sold my soul to the Great American Family channel (of which Candace Cameron Bure is a part) and made my long-time male partner and K9 move a mile away when I joined the channel. I stopped selling Pride merchandise on my site at the same time. I resolutely don't want to be viewed by the general public as "apart" of the team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 21, 2024 3:01 AM

I am Randy Wayne's jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 21, 2024 3:05 AM

I’m Joan Ceciel Quigley the astrologer. I provided advice for the Reagans after Nancy reached out to me after the assassination attempt on Ronnie. I convinced that gullible deep throating bitch to keep me on payroll for years.

by Anonymousreply 10July 21, 2024 3:28 AM

I'm his 1985 (!) first mention of AIDS, and his 1987 first address on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 11July 21, 2024 3:44 AM

Penelope Ann Miller is a MAGAt? No big loss.

by Anonymousreply 12July 21, 2024 3:55 AM

I am Academy Award winner Jane Wyman, holding my tongue for eight years.

by Anonymousreply 13July 21, 2024 4:19 AM

I am Mrs. George H.W. Bush, and I'm not worrying my beautiful mind about not being portrayed in this abomination.

by Anonymousreply 14July 21, 2024 4:25 AM

I'm the link to his near and dear Evangelists.

by Anonymousreply 15July 21, 2024 4:30 AM

[quote]What moments from his life and tenure will be glossed over or ignored entirely?

How can we know that until we see it? For all anyone knows, everything may actually be in it.

by Anonymousreply 16July 21, 2024 5:51 AM

Penelope Ann Miller is a RWNJ? Or just an aging ho desperate for work?

I hope they cover Ronnie’s early years at Warners.

by Anonymousreply 17July 21, 2024 6:39 AM

Do they explore the past of Nancy Davis in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 18July 21, 2024 6:49 AM

That he was with another woman the night Patti Davis was born.

by Anonymousreply 19July 21, 2024 6:51 AM

I’m Mena Suvari, wanting Alan Ball to give me another job already.

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2024 6:53 AM

That moderately successful former child actor who plays young Ron is kinda hot. Too bad he's a Right wing Catholic loon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2024 6:55 AM

If anyone wants an antidote to this no doubt awful piece of hagiography, the Showtime docuseries on the Reagans is must-watch viewing. Honestly, one of the best docuseries of the past 10 years. And with both Ron and Nancy long dead, those still alive from their administration talk with remarkable candor about their failings and their terrible influence on modern American life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2024 6:58 AM

The biggest problem I see with the production is that Dennis Quaid sounds too much like he's doing a Reagan impersonation, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 23July 21, 2024 7:00 AM

MAGATS don't give a shit about Reagan anymore. He's almost as memory holed as Dubya. I guess I'll be the jellybeans then. But I bet they figure prominently in this movie

by Anonymousreply 24July 21, 2024 8:30 AM

R24, Remember how “The View” used to bash “W” relentlessly?

by Anonymousreply 25July 21, 2024 8:35 AM

Why’s it take so fucking long to come out? This shit was filmed in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2024 8:57 AM

“The film was originally due to be released in 2021 but was then delayed to a then-unknown date. In March 2024, it was announced ShowBiz Direct would distribute the film and that it would be released in theaters on August 30, 2024.“

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2024 9:02 AM

Even Reagan sounded like he was doing a Reagan impersonation, his voice was that distinct, at least by the time he became president. I fail to recall it being that distinctive in his WB days, but haven't watched a film of his in years...

by Anonymousreply 28July 21, 2024 9:26 AM

R22 there was a long thread about that documentary. Lots of talk about Nancy’s adoring gaze

by Anonymousreply 29July 21, 2024 9:30 AM

I'm the 2003 miniseries The Reagans (starring James Brolin and Ron and Judy Davis as Nancy) that was pulled from CBS because conservatives weren't happy about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 21, 2024 10:26 AM

I'm the deal he made with MCA as SAG president that benefitted him and screwed over the actors he was supposed to protect.

by Anonymousreply 31July 21, 2024 5:07 PM

I'm his 'trickle down' economics which created an even more bloated class of greedy CEOs. Not much money trickled down when Ronnie used our money to help companies create low-paying, crappy jobs. Trickle-down, my ass.

by Anonymousreply 32July 21, 2024 10:25 PM

[quote]Lots of talk about Nancy’s adoring gaze

R29, reminds me of my late mother, who called my sister's sweet Schnoodle "Nancy," because he WORSHIPED my sister, and always looked at her just like Nancy did Ronnie's.

Except in the dog's case it was sweet, not nauseating to watch.

by Anonymousreply 33July 21, 2024 11:16 PM

Scott Fucking Stapp as Frank Sinatra?

Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 34July 21, 2024 11:18 PM

They will totally gloss over the fact that Trump stands for much of the opposite of Reagan (e.g., Trump being a Russian stooge, loving tariffs, deserting our allies) other than trickle-down economics, yet they claim to love both of them.

by Anonymousreply 35July 21, 2024 11:21 PM

I forgot Scott Stapp existed. Sounds appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 36July 21, 2024 11:22 PM

Amateur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2024 12:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!