Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bruce Springsteen is now officially a billionaire

Sorry - no link.

I knew he was rich but not that rich.

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2024 7:37 PM

Great link you fat moron

by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2024 2:43 PM

No link = fake news

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2024 2:46 PM

Since OP was too busy shoving powdered donuts and Bacon Bits down her pie hole, here is a link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2024 2:51 PM

r1 and r2, I hope you love to eat crow.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2024 7:33 PM

with all that money you'd figure he could have bought nicer tits.

by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2024 7:36 PM

He is so fkin talented. Supremely. My mom went to see him back in 2013 and then we watched the concert together on YouTube. Amazing mafuckin artist.

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2024 7:37 PM

r4 You clearly don't know what "eat crow" means, if you directed it at me r1

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2024 7:40 PM

Awesome. Love Bruce.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2024 7:40 PM

Still fake. They have no idea how much money anyone makes.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2024 7:49 PM

I wonder if it ever bothers them that they have so much and some have nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2024 10:44 PM

R10 maybe Bruce but most no.

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2024 11:05 PM

I love Springsteen and my daughter is a huge Swiftie – and that’s created a bridge between us

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 25, 2024 3:37 PM

Well, sometimes it happens to a good person, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 13August 25, 2024 3:39 PM

I knew he had to be, because Obama is only friends with very rich people.

by Anonymousreply 14August 25, 2024 3:48 PM

ORCA I mean Oprah is now officially a MULTI billionaire. I knew she was rich but not that rich.

by Anonymousreply 15August 25, 2024 3:54 PM

"Oprah is now officially a MULTI billionaire."

Jealous, bitches?

Eat shit and die.

by Anonymousreply 16August 25, 2024 4:01 PM

So like all rich people R114?

by Anonymousreply 17August 25, 2024 4:31 PM

He is now officially 75.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2024 5:24 PM

It doesn't surprise me because it seems like the rich are getting much richer than they did in the past. I've been on a memoir kick lately and the old celebrities were paupers compared to today. The greats had estates (adjusted for inflation) that are nothing today - some 2 bit rapper has that kind of money.

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2024 5:49 PM

R19 We all were all agreeing with you until the last sentence. It’s completely tone deaf to use the descendants of slaves as the faces of ostentatious wealth in America today.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2024 5:58 PM

Love Bruce. He is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2024 6:03 PM

A few of my meager pennies are a quark's part of his billion.

I "saw" and "heard" Springsteen perform when he was in his physical prime in 1977 or 78.

Yes, I'm old. Back then I was too young and baked off my ass on strong weed to appreciate what I was experiencing.

With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I hadn't been high as a kite.

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2024 6:08 PM

Damn, he's rich rich.

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2024 6:10 PM

R20 Quite the opposite. They don't have ostentatious wealth. They are earning the least but it's till more than the great movie stars and musicians earned 50 years ago even adjusted for inflation.

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2024 7:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 23, 2024 7:58 PM

R19 it’s called inflation. Also, the Obama bull market Has been fantastic for wealth creation. Add housing appreciation to the worls and anyone that could make money between 2000-2017 should be in great financial Shape now, especially if you were invested in the stock maker. So much passive money to be made off of the Great Recession.

by Anonymousreply 26September 23, 2024 8:27 PM

We're getting off the topic which is Tilda Springsteen but inflation and the 08 crash do not explain Ryan Reynolds making 20 million for forgettable Netflix schlock when a Ryan O'Neal made 200,000. Or Kevin Hart getting 100 million for 4 Netflix specials when Carlin got 50000 for his early HBO specials. Carlin died with a total wealth 1/10 of Hart's Netflix deal! But then CEO pay has increased 1460% since the 70s. The average salary only 15%. Springsteen has made so much money in this century. He makes 80 million per tour!!

I'm not shitting on him by the way. I'm just pointing out how much people make now once they get to a certain level. It's unprecedented. If you're like me, you likely move in circles where one million still makes people go wow so hearing that a musician has a billion is jaw dropping but Swift is already a billionaire. Rihanna is a billionaire! If I asked my friends to guess they'd probably say 'oh worth a fortune like...50 million'

by Anonymousreply 27September 23, 2024 8:49 PM

A lot of these 'wealth estimations' for music performers are based on calculations of their catalogs- what they could possibly be worth should they be sold. Everybody's catalogs aren't exactly Apple stock at the end of the day (for a variety of reasons), so saying any one of these guys/gals is a billionaire is really stretching the definition. It is perfectly correct to say 'Bruce Springsteen COULD be a billionaire', and you're right. If you say 'Bruce Springsteen IS a billionaire' you're very most likely wrong. PS - R27 makes a common mistake, using gross numbers where the actual performer is lucky to net 5-10% at the end of the day. Very nearly all of the 'celebrity' crowd are, in fact, not billionaires as popularly thought.

by Anonymousreply 28September 23, 2024 9:07 PM

He endorsed Kamala-Great! Sadly it won’t help-too little,too late.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2024 7:23 PM

If Bruce sold his catalog for a lump sum of $500 million as was reported, then he is very likely a billionaire at this point.

There's that sum, plus all the hundreds of millions he grossed over the years, from touring and record sales. He was one of the best-selling artists of the 1980s, selling tens of millions of albums (back when vinyl and CDs sold, pre-internet) and his tours - especially in the past 30 years - have netted him tens of millions. If he's been investing all of it, he's worth well north of a billion by now.

I know he owns a large estate in NJ and had property in LA at one point. He and his kids live simply, I know one of his sons is a fireman in NJ of all things. None are living flashily, there's not a lot of financial outlay there. I assume he's had excellent legal and investment advice over the years; with the returns on the market over the past 30 years he's made a ton.

He's been famous and making huge money for nearly 50 years now. He's very, very wealthy as a result.

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2024 7:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!