Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SPACE: 1999

Did any other children of the 70s enjoy watching this show as much as me?

Of course seeing it now as an adult the premise (moon “blown out of Earth orbit into deep space”) is absurd but the costume and set design were on point. And the Eagle remains one of SciFi’s most iconic spacecraft!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2024 2:13 AM

I have been getting high and watching this show. It’s fantastic! I’m not yet to season two, however, so I’m abstaining.

I have a crush on Dr. Mathias.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 20, 2024 2:08 AM

Yeah R1 it’s a shame they ditched him along with Barry Morse (Prof. Bergstrom) and the Paul character in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 2July 20, 2024 3:04 AM

Fuck. Who else do they dump?

Paul with his mustache is hot, as is Alan and his furry chest.

Do they keep Kano? He loves Computer so much!

by Anonymousreply 3July 20, 2024 3:13 AM

Also, the uniforms make the men’s asses look amazing.

by Anonymousreply 4July 20, 2024 3:14 AM

Loved this programme as a kid. Realised I was gay when I saw this man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 20, 2024 1:05 PM

R5, he’s even hotter when he’s moving and talking.

I see him as the inveterate moonbase pussyhound.

Why did they drop his character? Did they even write him out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2024 1:28 PM

See the sex magnet in operation with his guitar as the mom base faces annihilation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2024 1:30 PM

Barbara Banal

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2024 2:10 PM

R8- She was a 1970's version of Dr. Beverly Crusher.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2024 2:12 PM

I watched it until the episode when volleyballs were trying to take over the Moonbase - or maybe even the universe......

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2024 2:43 PM

MOON base at r7. Autocorrect strikes again, in tandem with my recidivist lack of quick post proofing.

There was a mom in season one, though. She gave birth to a baby who quickly morphed into a five-year-old child and existential threat to Alpha.

Also featuring TV commercial legend Rula Lenska.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2024 3:22 PM

My two favorite episodes are 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡'𝐬 𝐎𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 and 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧.

The latter is one of the scariest episodes in television history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2024 3:27 PM

Tony Verdeschi

He was the hot one at the time.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2024 3:32 PM

Joan Collins guests as an alien in an outrageous wig in Mission of the Darians, the lone survivors of an ancient race who vaporize mute dwarves and need the Alpha population to settle amongst them for a nefarious end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2024 3:34 PM

R12, the death scenes in Dragon’s Domain were quite unsettling.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2024 3:36 PM

Christopher Lee’s look in Earthbound is tremendous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2024 3:38 PM

Nick Tate as Alan 🔥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2024 3:42 PM

R17, Guardians of Piri is the one where the castaways are lured to a planet where they become apathetic, opioid-ish zombies and the men takes their tops off allowing pilot Alan Carter to spend most of the episode lounging around dazed and shirtless showing off his magnificent hairy chest.

Highly recommended!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2024 3:53 PM

The images from Guardians of Piri are indelible in my mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2024 3:54 PM

Eagles approaching Piri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2024 3:57 PM

You bitches call yourself fans, and haven’t mentioned Maya yet. Pffffft

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2024 4:03 PM

I didn't care for the 2nd Season, R21.

Though one can catch Catherine Schell in Season One as the Guardian of Piri herself.

('𝐏𝐢𝐫𝐢' and '𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝' are the two runner-ups to my two favorites, listed at R12.)

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2024 4:12 PM

Brian Blessed appeared in both seasons as different characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2024 4:13 PM

R17 Nick Tate left my dick raw from the number of times I jerked off watching him on this show.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2024 4:44 PM

[quote] Guardians of Piri is the one where the castaways are lured to a planet where they become apathetic, opioid-ish zombies

CREATURES OF THE MOON!

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2024 8:03 PM

I liked the episode with the Dorcons.

[quote]She was the first actress considered for the role of Captain Kathryn Janeway in Star Trek: Voyager (1995),

I had no idea Maya was in the running to be Captain Janeway. That would have been interesting.

by Anonymousreply 26July 21, 2024 2:12 AM

Wait one more:

[quote]Through her German great-grandfather, she is a great-niece of King Louis XIV of France, Philippe II, Duke of Orléans, 7th Prime-Minister of France, and Franz I & II & III, 50th Holy Roman Emperor and 8th Grand-Duke of Tuscany and former Duke of Lorraine.

She was actual royalty until WWII.

by Anonymousreply 27July 21, 2024 2:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!