Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2024 Kennedy Center Honors recipients

No Liza?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2024 12:30 AM

Won’t be watching

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2024 10:15 PM

Such lackluster recipients.

by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2024 10:42 PM

Kennedy Center being assholes again.

No Liza Minnelli and Johnny Mathis

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2024 11:16 PM

I have signed so many petitions over the last 10 years to get Liza on their list. Something must be up, maybe she turned them down? I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2024 11:23 PM

It's hard to take them seriously after they gave the honor to "Hamilton" as an entity.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2024 11:25 PM

The Grateful Dead? Get the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2024 11:29 PM

The KCH jumped the shark the year they honored LL Cool J.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2024 12:00 AM

Isn't (at least part of) the story with Liza that the recipient has to be able to attend the ceremony?

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2024 1:21 AM

R8, There have been recipients in the past with health/mobility issues, Jerry Herman, Barbara Cook, etc.

Liza’s able to dine in restaurants, with assistance.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2024 1:41 AM

Ah, sczhit!

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2024 1:47 AM

But aren’t the queens around her still denying that she’s wheelchair bound and not mobile. Last I heard claiming that she was in the chair because of a short illness. In recent footage very feeble and shaky and appears to have Parkinson’s. Her gay posse were still very protective and trying to cover the truth about her health. They may wheel her out to dinner but could it be that they/Feinsten said we’re not wheeling Liza to DC with nurses, having her shaking in a chair in the audience, having paps follow us and thereby revealing to the country see that she gone to pasture.

These days Liza seems to live according to Feinstein & Cos wishes and not her own. I have no doubt she’d put on her sequins and get there on Greyhound if asked but I don’t trust that her posse hasn’t turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2024 1:51 AM

[quote]Isn't (at least part of) the story with Liza that the recipient has to be able to attend the ceremony?

R8. Liza Minnelli can likely attend in person now. But besides that, Liza could have attended in person anytime in the past 25 years. The Kennedy Center is disgraceful not to have honored her by now or years ago. Same goes for Johnny Mathis, who deserves to be honored too.

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2024 1:52 AM

Grateful Dead???

What? Why??

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2024 1:53 AM

Liza probably turns it down every year for the same reason Doris Day kept turning down an Honorary Oscar.

"Ya get that, ya die! Look at Myrna Loy. They gave her one. Dead!"

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2024 1:55 AM

R14, Myrna Loy was very much alive and present at her 1988 KCH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2024 2:25 AM

Oh, wow, The Dead?

I fucking LOVE this for them.

Wonder who'll play one of GD's songs at the ceremony? Not that anyone will ever, EVER top Aretha Franklin @Carole King's KCH, but...

Maybe Chris Robinson and Warren Haynes?

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2024 2:49 AM

R15 I said OSCAR, not KCH. Who gives a crap about a Kennedy Center Honor?

And Doris was saying the star dies AFTER they get those tacky lifetime achievement awards. It wouldn't make any fuckin' sense to give it to someone already dead.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2024 2:49 AM

R17, Well, Myrna was very much alive when presented her honorary Oscar, just not present.

She accepted it remotely from NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2024 2:53 AM

Kim Kardashian 2045!!!

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2024 4:01 AM

Who’s left alive or healthy enough to honor Coppola?

by Anonymousreply 20July 21, 2024 12:21 AM

R20. Me...but if that dick Nicholas is around, I'm unavailable.

by Anonymousreply 21July 21, 2024 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!