Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another hateful closet case

In an article about "Hillbilly Elegy": "Vance came to Napa with his older half-sister, Lindsey, and was shown around the Bay Area by two of his cousins, Rachael and Nate, and their friends. While in the area, Vance says, he visited a winery and helped out at one of Nate’s football practices. He also spent time in San Francisco.

“During one trip, we went to the Castro District so that, in the words of my cousin Rachael, I could learn that gay people weren’t out to molest me,” he writes, just a few pages before he admits he thought he was gay at one point in his childhood."

Also, Rachael Maddow notes that Peter Thiel (whom she does not mention is a self-hating, pro-Fascist gay zillionaire and founder of PayPal) has given Mr. Mascara every job he's ever had -- including buying him the Ohio Senate seat he's only held for 18 months. Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2024 5:20 PM

Well, he does like his mascara.

by Anonymousreply 1July 18, 2024 5:50 AM

Reported on PBS News Hour today -

"So, Vance, for example, wrote the forward to the president of The Heritage Foundation's upcoming book. The Heritage Foundation developed Project 2025. Vance is much more aligned with national conservatives, again, anti-interventionist, in favor of family formation, in favor of limiting abortion, basically getting back to sort of 1950s American norms and immigration norms even".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 18, 2024 6:02 AM

Did Glenn Close in grandma drag show up at the RNC?

by Anonymousreply 3July 18, 2024 6:06 AM

*foreword*

by Anonymousreply 4July 18, 2024 6:06 AM

I know R4! But that's a direct copy & paste quote from PBS.

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2024 6:15 AM

I mean, he did marry an Asian woman (Indian). Wink wink.

by Anonymousreply 6July 18, 2024 6:35 AM

I'm not gay, I'm just a straight man who loves mascara and has Peter Thiel as a sugar daddy. No homo.

by Anonymousreply 7July 18, 2024 6:38 AM

Thinking a man in eye make-up must be gay (and mocking him for it) is really just internalized prejudice/homophobia, isn't it. It's actually more or less progress if a man presents like that at a Republican convention, if it weren't so completely cancelled out by his rebarbative views. There are gay male actuaries and construction engineers and there are straight male hair stylists (if maybe not make-up artists). There are vain straight men who use eye make-up (though I'd still buy that JBV was a closet case).

by Anonymousreply 8July 18, 2024 6:48 AM

[quote]Thinking a man in eye make-up must be gay (and mocking him for it) is really just internalized prejudice/homophobia, isn't it.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 9July 18, 2024 6:50 AM

This is the honeymoon phase with his daddy, I mean Donald. What happens a few months from now when he tries to assert himself? When Peter Thiel says I want this thing to happen and Trump ignores JD because he promised some other benefactor a different outcome??

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2024 6:52 AM

This Trump / Vance relationship will end in tears....

and lots of mascara.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2024 6:53 AM

Perhaps he has the double eyelash condition that Elizabeth Taylor had and Nestor Carbonell.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2024 7:58 AM

Boy is he hobbled/owned by/ owing to / a bunch of unpleasant people. Total sell out bought and paid for.

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2024 8:08 AM

R11

Hope it’s waterproof.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2024 8:12 AM

If you thought you were a homo, you probably are

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2024 5:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!