Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Korte Still In As Co-Captain, Mulcahey Overboard/Abandoned Ship

The tandem of Korte/Mulcahey as co-captains of this ship proved to be unsuccessful.

Will Korte be able to successfully steer this ship through the troubled waters of Port Charles' Harbor solo?

Or will another co-captain come along to help steer the ship, possibly Chris Van Etten, or someone new to help navigate through uncharted waters?

Is it possible that this ship has actually sailed? Or is it a sinking ship, reminiscent of the SS TRACY?

by Anonymousreply 600August 8, 2024 10:32 PM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2024 9:40 PM

Thanks for starting a new thread. Amazing how quickly we go through these GH threads.

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2024 9:42 PM

R2 You're welcome. Unfortunately I wasn't able to link the previous thread for some odd reason.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2024 9:43 PM

Show feels schizophrenic these days. Doesn't feel like it has a clear vision of where the show is going.

That said, overall I am still enjoying GH primarily because I love so many of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2024 9:47 PM

This, from the previous thread, sounds like Elizabeth Korte’s version of Project 2025:

“ Rumor mill has Scarlett Fernandez, Adam J. Harrington, James Patrick Stuart, Hudson West, Maura West all out, with Julie Marie Berman being courted back and Jack Burton, Steve Burton's real life son, auditioning as Jake Webber, for Hudson has outside projects that facilitated his exit. James Patrick Stuart has relocated to Oregon, though that's not a clear indication of him not staying on.

Also, a possible Jason/Carly/Brennan triangle is on the horizon, with a side of Anna/Brenna.”

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2024 9:52 PM

I lost interest in the convoluted, no rhyme or reason Pikeman storyline long ago and haven't been paying much attention.

What I gathered from my mostly distracted viewing today, Valentin is Pikeman? And he's going on the run with little Helena and Anna gave him a head start to beat Jagger? Am I correct?

Another nothing burger ending to a nonsensical storyline slapped together with no forethought. Amirite?

by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2024 10:12 PM

I have found that stories that are pre-planned, with a beginning, a middle, and an end, are more satisfying for viewers. Yet the writers so often create "situations" that are part of a loosely planned story that winds hither and thither. Eventually (but not always), the story is ended quickly in a manner that doesn't satisfy the audience...which has watched the story play out in hope of a satisfying ending, A good example of the former is OLTL's story about Viki's sexual abuse: it was structured, planned, brought in many characters, and had a resolution. There are other examples. GH has lately used the latter method, a long, ongoing story with an ending tacked on that leaves the audiences saying "Huh?"

by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2024 10:32 PM

Are they putting Sonny and Nina back together?

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2024 10:43 PM

Korte Cunte

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2024 11:52 PM

R6 You're correct, for that's exactly what happened. Keep in mind that Anna's home was burned down and she was stalked by Pikeman repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 10July 18, 2024 1:11 AM

R7 Typically that should be the format, however when there's network interference, Nathan on behalf of the network and himself, Frank, opposing head writers, it's hard to tell a cohesive story without differences of opinion. Not defending them, just explaining partly why it's the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2024 1:13 AM

R8 I'm wondering that too. Although honestly their whole Nina/Drew/Willow/Michael/Sasha/Cody sextet direction they were headed in is more interesting imo

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2024 2:01 AM

R9 Pretty much 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2024 2:02 AM

JPS is a nepo-baby and now seems likely that his famous music father's estate has finally settled and he now longer has to work. Has left for Oregon. He either gave the show a deadline to wrap up his story line or the show quickly needed his money for JJ.

by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2024 3:38 PM

Why is Nina still on this show?!! I’d love Lulu back with Julie in the role. I’d be cool if they found a way to add Greg Vaughan to the cast as a new role. Or an adult Sly Eckert. GV would be a better male lead than this John Jagger flop

by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2024 3:45 PM

Since JPS is recurring I'm guessing it's based on his inheritance. Financial freedom, good for him.

by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2024 3:45 PM

Valentin is a character I don’t get. Feels like an elevated sophisticated Nikolas gray Cassadine type. Would Valentin have been more of a force if Michael Easton or Roger Howarth played him?

by Anonymousreply 17July 18, 2024 4:08 PM

As much as I love Cynthia Watros, they never used her well at GH - perhaps best when she was with Sonny in Nixon Falls. She never got to "Annie" out. They should let her do that and let Nina exit with a flourish, but keep Maura.

by Anonymousreply 18July 18, 2024 4:49 PM

That prissy queen Mulcahey hates women and could not get along with Korte. Frank had enough of the prissy Patrick and sent him packing. There’s only room for 1 queen, and that’s Frank.

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2024 4:59 PM

I also really like Cynthia but I agree Maura is who they should be keeping and front and center.

Nina should have been wreaking havoc like her nutcase daughter Nelle and/or Annie Dutton and gone out in a blaze of crazy. Instead, Nina has been the whipping post for Snarly and her spawn. No one can ever win against the unholy trinity.

They missed a great opportunity not pairing Ava with charming, suave Victor. They could have been a diabolical duo. Looking good, living at Windermere, hosting parties, fighting and making up, wreaking their own special kind of covert havoc on PC.

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2024 5:03 PM

I'm the first (and most frequent) to criticize JPS's Valentin, a character that was defanged and worthless practically from jump, but I am curious if the actor left due to health issues. He has not looked camera-ready the last few months.

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2024 5:14 PM

GV has been gone 15 years. They could bring him back as another character no problem. I would even accept him as a NuNik.

How long is JJ's contract for? Maybe they are keeping GV on standby for when JJ exits. They can't keep paying JJ mega bucks after the novelty of his return wears off.

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2024 5:39 PM

Ava Jerome is a much more interesting character than Nina. There have been so many missed opportunities when it comes to Ava possible pairings…I would have loved her with Ric and even when Jason came back as SB I thought they could have had something different.

by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2024 6:15 PM

They could bring Greg Vaughn and Jonathan Jackson back at the same time, both claiming to be Lucky.

Turns out, Laura gave birth to twins, but one was stolen, raised by the Cassadines, and brainwashed. Bring Helena back......she's been alive all this time hanging out with Victor Lord on her island..... (who is still alive and 140 years old!!!!)

by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2024 6:16 PM

Ava came on like gangbusters but had to be diminished so as not to outshine the unholy trinity.

Same goes for Julian, Cyrus and a bunch of others, all diminished. Even TB's ill-conceived Kim Nero came on with an edge and challenging Sonny and that quickly faded.

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2024 6:34 PM

GV as cousin Sly Eckart. Who has challenged Sonny and lasted on this show? Not Ric. Alcazar. Claudia or the Zaccaras. Not AJ. I guess Skye Q did but she’s not around. Scotty but he’s always sidelined!

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2024 6:41 PM

If GH does a tale of two characters I want it to be Carly. LW could nail being a new character confused about who she really is. TB or SJB as the real Carly would best serve this show!

by Anonymousreply 27July 18, 2024 6:42 PM

Steve and Brad suck as interviewers and this kid is new to interviews so a bit of an awkward interview in my opinion. Definitely doesn't flow or smooth.

Gio is 19, his uncle Bryan Chesters is an actor and was on Grey's Anatomy. HIs mother got him into the violin, his mother got him into providing violin entertainment for the NBA.

He forgot his lines during his audition with Frank and Mark for a day player part but they called him the next day and offered him a contract role. It was his first audition and his first day or week in L.A. I think he may have said day player to cover for any possible recast they were considering.

He said Mo (he refers to him as Mo) taught him how to relax on his first day and he just does what Mo taught him. Vomit.

Steve told him not to stay on GH too long.

Lots of violin talk. Boring topic for an interview, boring for a soap. Too many references to and praise for Mo.

Gio had Rena and her family over to his house for dinner as his Air BnB when he first started was just around the corner from Rena's house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 18, 2024 7:02 PM

R14 Their wife's business has expanded to Portland, Oregon

by Anonymousreply 29July 18, 2024 7:28 PM

R15 Julie Marie keeps turning them down; Franks holding out for her, like he did with Jonathan

by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2024 7:29 PM

I'm sure Gio's audition consisted of testing how well his pouty lips wrapped around Uncle Frankie's Italian sausage.

by Anonymousreply 31July 18, 2024 7:30 PM

R17 Not sure but Roger Howarth was originally cast as Alexander Cassadine, when he was first brought back after the Prospect Park situation removed Todd, John and Starr; they then made him Franco instead.

by Anonymousreply 32July 18, 2024 7:31 PM

R22 Jonathan has a multi-year contract

by Anonymousreply 33July 18, 2024 7:32 PM

R34 Dayplayer is a cover for a recast Aiden, so you're right about that; same as Adam J. Harrington auditioned for Brennan, yet they won't mention which role he didn't get either when Jagger was offered to him. The timing aligns with Aiden for Giovanni/Brennan for Adam J.

by Anonymousreply 34July 18, 2024 7:36 PM

Sorry meant that for R28 at R34

by Anonymousreply 35July 18, 2024 7:37 PM

R31 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 36July 18, 2024 7:38 PM

Carly's Bridges of Madison Cunty speech about Britt today sure felt like old school foreshadowing. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 37July 18, 2024 8:17 PM

Is it confirmed JPS is leaving show or are people just speculating right now?

by Anonymousreply 38July 18, 2024 8:17 PM

R38 Speculation about your son, Helena.

by Anonymousreply 39July 18, 2024 8:34 PM

Did Snarly say today that Jagger is on his way back to Virginia? I don't pay much attention when she speaks and my back was turned.

If so and that's the last of Jagger, that's a rather cold send off.

Dante and Heather's cheerleader Laura visiting Lulu in the previews for tomorrow. Who will be in the bed?? Or no face?

by Anonymousreply 40July 18, 2024 8:35 PM

r40

I'm betting no face... Lulu used to visit faceless Laura all the time

by Anonymousreply 41July 18, 2024 8:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 18, 2024 9:01 PM

R28 Come to think of it, the way Mark Teschner described meeting Giovanni, the "day player" was probably code for Spencer. Mark told Frank he found an actor who was too old to play the 15 year old they were looking for (Aiden), yet Frank said "to test him anyway." Two weeks after that, Giovanni met with Frank and was on contract as Giovanni.

by Anonymousreply 43July 18, 2024 9:35 PM

r42

That was when Genie came back but Lulu visited Laura often and we only saw that back of her head especially around the abortion and around the time that Scotty was giving her a hard time

by Anonymousreply 44July 18, 2024 9:49 PM

Funny how they had Carly actually say "I was so jealous of Britt" when Britt/Jason were a thing, for Laura Wright was jealous enough herself to "request" an actual marriage of convenience for Carly/Jason, right along with that whole Carly controlling the mob plot

by Anonymousreply 45July 18, 2024 10:00 PM

I'm surprised that Maura West wasn't considered as a Carly recast when they were looking for a new one. I know she was on ATWT at the time, but that could have been handled.

by Anonymousreply 46July 18, 2024 11:52 PM

R46 Being at ATWT and based on the East Coast prevented that, though she would of made a better Carly than LW. When Sarah Brown quit, Jill wanted either Gina Tognoni or Robin Christopher, prior to their casting call where Jill and Maurice chose Tamara Braun (Maurice likes to take credit- though it was Jill who made the final decision). When Tamara Braun quit, Jill already had LW in mind, although she had many actresses up for the role, since LW was still under contract at GL, like Sarah Buxton, Jamie Luner, even Galen Gering's wife before selecting Jennifer Bransford.

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2024 12:11 AM

I feel bad that I constantly critiqued TB's appearance during her unfortunate stint as Kim Nero. It was probably a miserable situation between BM's refusal to engage and LW's insecurities and here I was constantly posting on DL about the dark circles under her eyes and how she needed to get herself some concealer.

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2024 12:22 AM

Tamara was the best Carly!!! She had the perfect mix of tough, fierce, and vulnerable. I think Gina T is the only other actress who I think could do what she did.

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2024 12:33 AM

[quote] she would of

Would have!

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2024 1:35 AM

Gina T would have made a great Carly, but no way would GT put up with Mo and Steve's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2024 1:40 AM

Why hasn’t GH reignited Carly’s best rivalries - Sam, Elizabeth, and/or especially Alexis. Just seems a waste of history.

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2024 2:01 AM

Why GH doesn't have Liz front and center is beyond me. They've fucked up so much of Liz's story that it's insane.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2024 3:23 AM

Liz is head nurse on a show called GH. She’s played by the same talented beautiful actress from the start so she’s a Vet. Her character is from a core family and her main love interests are men from other core GH families. Becky has chemistry with everyone and is said be liked and easy behind the scenes. Makes no sense why she isn’t treated as the shows complicated leading lady.

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2024 11:30 AM

Finola, Anders Hove (Faison) and I believe Tony Gear's husband Claudio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2024 1:00 PM

*Geary

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2024 1:11 PM

I thought Geary's husband was black or am I confusing him with someone else?

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2024 1:20 PM

^^Ian Buchanan's husband

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2024 1:23 PM

If rumors are to be believed Tony did date Ron Glass in earlier times.

Good for him if that's his current partner/husband.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2024 1:32 PM

Attention Los Angeles DLers!

For $125 you can listen to Mo and Bryan Craig blather on about themselves on August 3rd at the Glendale Embassy Suites!

Mo didn't waste any time locking BC in for a money-making opportunity for his own benefit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2024 2:10 PM

Ron Carlivati leaving DOOL.

Would Frank allow him back on GH? Or would Frank even have a say so?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2024 4:34 PM

I'd love a Ron return, and for those cunts who bashed him after his exit to lay there and take it, sans lube.

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2024 5:15 PM

r62

I doubt the writer will return to GH since Mo was one of the reasons they got rid of him... how dare he have Sonny pay for his crimes

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2024 6:38 PM

NotNAC did decent job with Jane today. Good for him.

I still laugh at Sasha going from super model cover girl to cooking drudge for the Qs.

by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2024 9:01 PM

R59 Tony Geary did like the black meat. He and Ron were together a long time.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2024 2:46 AM

I really liked the Tracy and NuNAC and Cody conversations today. I wonder if they are trying to prepare to make Tracy the Monica replacement eventually.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2024 4:31 AM

Recognizing all the terrible things they're doing, one good thing they're doing is giving Jane Elliott interesting things to do. She doesn't exactly move story, but Tracy interacts with a variety of characters, with a ruefulness about herself and providing good perspective for them. Damn, Jane Elliott can do everything, without glamor, without eating the scenery, without multiple personalities. Brava!

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2024 11:49 AM

I hate to say it because I like the looks of the actor but unless they give Jagger a personality or he sparks with someone even as a friend or male friend very soon, I think the character is a dud.

I had high hopes when he went off on Sonny in the gym in one of his early episodes but since then it's just been storming in, rote barking of orders, storming out. He's coming off too robotic and without a personality.

I came to this realization after his lackluster scenes with Maura. If you can't shine with Maura, you haven't got what it takes. See also: M. Coloma.

Brennan on the other hand has a twinkle in his eyes about him and is engaging. I just loathe who he is being paired with.

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2024 12:02 PM

Is Lois NotNAC's mom?

by Anonymousreply 69July 21, 2024 5:26 AM

Adam Harrington is a MUCH better actor than Marcus Coloma.

That said, yes, Harrington's scenes with Maura were ho-hum at best. Can't really understand that.

Has no one taken Harrington aside and explained that you add some special touches to give your character some humanity and make him interesting? Has no one explained to him that you add give your character special traits to help the audience like the character and then hopefully stay around for a long time?

Or perhaps Harrington is already unhappy at GH and wants to get written our as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 70July 21, 2024 5:38 AM

Oh I wasn't implying Adam Harrington's acting ability is in the same category as Coloma's weak acting, it's not. The comparison was the lack of chemistry with Maura in addition to the lack as you say, special touches. But damn he looks good in a suit.

by Anonymousreply 71July 21, 2024 9:51 AM

I love that Gio made dinner for Rena. Nice Italian boy cooking for his new co-worker. Endearing. Can't say that I would have done that when I was 19.

by Anonymousreply 72July 21, 2024 9:52 AM

Gio being pushed on us like Dex was. And Cody before them. Including a necessity to tie to the canvas. How many who’s the father stories does GH need?

by Anonymousreply 73July 21, 2024 1:37 PM

Harrington is playing "John" in a very flat way that is more appropriate for sour dramas like an NCIS or CSI show.

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2024 2:08 PM

Good description, r74, "flat".

Adam should take a look at some clips of Robert Scorpio in his heyday. Scorpio also looked good in a suit, came storming in barking orders, inserted some dry wit, impatiently looked at everyone like they were stupid and annoying if they asked any questions and then stormed back out. If I recall correctly, Scorpio wore a trench coat over his suit, maybe they need to get Jagger a trench coat.

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2024 2:21 PM

One thing though, I wouldn't kick Jagger John out of my air mattress...

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2024 3:48 PM

Nor would I. But R75 is right that extra flourishes and subtleties go a long way. Look at Scorpio, Ava, Anna, Alexis. They can do more with one eyebrow than all those newbies who read lines and move around the set.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2024 3:55 PM

R77, you and R75 are absolutely right and I apologize if I sounded rude. I do have to give some share of the blame though to this GH directing team. It looks like the past six months have been a majority of new names directing and I know I've questioned some of the acting styled from vets who are usually spot on. Again, though, I apologize.

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2024 4:05 PM

Jagger John, like Cody and Austin before him, is symptomatic of ongoing lazy ass writing at GH. All three were brought on with ties to the past, with hopes that it would create immediate audience engagement, and avoid having to flesh out their characters. Fail. (They're working overtime to avoid it with Gio, and it's too much).

No one ever gave two shits about Austin. Cody (and I love Josh) has been hanging around aimlessly for two years until York returned. And honestly, who cares if Mac has an adult son he never knew? The audience already watched him (decades ago) be a father to other people's kids. Poor Harrington probably has no idea what nuance to bring to a character whose return has stalled, and is likely out soon.

I'd love to be a fly on Jonathan Jackson's dressing room wall when he starts getting the (likely) shit scripts for his return.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2024 5:31 PM

When Ron returns maybe he will breathe new life into Jagger/John.

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2024 5:39 PM

Is Ron coming back? Adam should have been a new character and Jagger should have been a darker looking actor like a Jordi V. Josh Kelly as Dillon would have made more sense especially seeing his chemistry with Tracy.

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2024 5:43 PM

R80. I can't see the "Writer" ever coming back, especially with Frank still around. He sacrificed his so-called friend to the altars of Mo and Tony Geary. Ron, though, does love history on his showd and NEVER would have screwed up history as bad as the current regime. R79, R80, R81, I love you all!

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2024 5:48 PM

He'll be back with Korte as co-head. Watch.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2024 5:50 PM

Okay, let's play a game....

IF Ron does come back and is saddled with E. Ko as his co head writer, what is the FIRST CURRENT storyline to be dropped or rewritten...

I'll start....Brennan gets shivved in Pentonville and Pikeman is never mentioned again.

by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2024 6:29 PM

Anything with Liz, of course.

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2024 6:32 PM

Ron's first story back will be, pick some obscure 80s storyline and then he'll tell his version of it in the present day.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2024 6:32 PM

UGHH

by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2024 6:32 PM

R86, Ginny Blake Webber returns and REVENGE is in order! (Is Judy Chapman "available"?)

by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2024 6:35 PM

Because Becky Herbst has never kissed the ring bts, R54. She does her work and goes home. She’s not an ass-kissing cheerleader like LW. And Frons never wanted to fuck her like KM or ALW.

by Anonymousreply 89July 21, 2024 6:41 PM

Wait, Brian Frons is STRAIGHT?

That fat, nellie lump of shit?

by Anonymousreply 90July 21, 2024 6:50 PM

R88 the actress is available but she’ll be numonica in no time.

by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2024 7:21 PM

In addition to the 80s storyline retread, expect Ron's next big story to be somehow related to moving half of Llanview's population to Port Charles. Maybe there's a big flood and Viki and the gang have to relocate.

by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2024 7:36 PM

R92. That'll be hard moving the denizens of Llanview, PA, over since the only sets used on GH these days are kitchens, a rooftop pool, and a stable.

by Anonymousreply 93July 21, 2024 7:40 PM

I don't mind occasional silliness and camp in very small doses but Ron's was too much, too often and for too long.

And don't get me started on the "masks" which not only required suspension of disbelief but also downright stupidity. Liesel putting on a mask would look like tall, skinny Anna?? GMAFB.

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2024 7:43 PM

Sonny isn’t Sonny it’s a mask to reveal Bob Woods as new Alan.

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2024 7:44 PM

And don't forget, Tracy was actually college roommates with Viki and Irene and slept with Victor Lord also.

by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2024 7:47 PM

Has Cameron Mathison made a statement about Esta TerBlanche's (Gillian, AMC) death or were they not close?

Or maybe he's too busy rebutting comments on X he wasn't even tagged in.

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2024 7:49 PM

R48 Right she was really stressed out during her tenure as Kim Nero. Wil deVry was a good friend to her and even offered Julian as a love interest for Kim when others weren't interested

by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2024 7:51 PM

R51 Agreed. She sure didn't tolerate Laura Wright's b.s. at GL, even though they've long since made up.

by Anonymousreply 99July 21, 2024 7:54 PM

R48. Was there a reason why BM didn't engage with TB as Kim?

by Anonymousreply 100July 21, 2024 7:59 PM

R52 Because Korte is rewriting history, busy making Carly out to be this loyal, patron saint who only acts out if others target her first, while also being desirable to most of the men in town. Having renewed rivalries with former enemies will remind viewers how horrible of a person Carly could be, which is why it was so important to explain away Carly's affair with Charlotte/Reese's father as not Carly's slutty behavior but other people blamed.

by Anonymousreply 101July 21, 2024 8:00 PM

R100 He was upset about Steve Burton coming back and being replaced as Jason/starting over as Drew/separated from Kelly Monaco/the writing. It wasn't exactly anything personal against Tamara Braun, he wasn't receptive to the changes. There were even rumblings of pairing him with Terry, which some took as out of spite for Billy's demeanor. Unfortunately for him but he was unhappy there a lot, except for having good relationships with Monaco, Nancy Lee, Donnell, a few others. Still sad what happened.

by Anonymousreply 102July 21, 2024 8:06 PM

BM even refused to engage with Elizabeth Hendrickson and tanked their scenes together. I believe TPTB brought her on just for him but to no avail. She even alluded to it when she was Mo's show.

by Anonymousreply 103July 21, 2024 8:09 PM

R53 R54 She's well liked behind-the-scenes/fans but not necessarily by TPTB. Too quiet, not an ass-kisser.

by Anonymousreply 104July 21, 2024 8:09 PM

R103 That's true, forgot to mention he pretty much gave Elizabeth Hendrickson the same treatment as Tamara Braun, even though they had their history from Y&R on screen/off screen together. He wanted to stay Jason/stay with Sam.

by Anonymousreply 105July 21, 2024 8:11 PM

The network mandated Jason/Sam reunite when Steve Burton returned. Frank didn't even want SB back; Maurice had to go over Frank to the network. It took Steve about six months to get rehired at GH.

by Anonymousreply 106July 21, 2024 8:14 PM

R60 Yes Bryan needs money, especially since he didn't get the contract he was angling for at GH (nor any other soap for that matter). Maurice also has a Vanessa Marcil joint event as well on August 1st, kicking off the GH fan club weekend events August 1st-4th

by Anonymousreply 107July 21, 2024 8:20 PM

R63 Right, Ron has too many enemies there. However, if they need a reason to facilitate Maurice into retirement, while also hoping to increase ratings out of desperation....

by Anonymousreply 108July 21, 2024 8:24 PM

R69 More like Sonny might be his dad

by Anonymousreply 109July 21, 2024 8:25 PM

R83 Those two can't stand each other. If anything, RC with CVE

by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2024 8:28 PM

Well, more of Ron not being able to stand Korte, seeing her as untrustworthy I should say at R110

by Anonymousreply 111July 21, 2024 8:30 PM

R89 100% 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 112July 21, 2024 8:31 PM

R90 Yeah even dated Robin Mattson during her Santa Barbara days

by Anonymousreply 113July 21, 2024 8:32 PM

R109. Goodness, me. He never met a condom he would put on. So, let's say Gio is suppose to be around 20...that would put him being conceived/born around 2004/2005. Sonny was busy then...between the last days of his marriage to Carly, then screwing Reese, and then Emily in the same-ish time frame.

by Anonymousreply 114July 21, 2024 8:34 PM

R94 😆 😆 that was interesting how the masks not only altered their faces but body structure too

by Anonymousreply 115July 21, 2024 8:38 PM

R114 Accurate math, except this is soap math where Josslyn was born in 2009 yet changed to 2002, so Giovanni could've been born anywhere from 2008-2012, when Claudia miscarried their son, along with dalliances with Amelia Joffe, Claire, Jordan somewhere in between iirc (the lawyer Jordan, pre-Jordan Ashford) along with Kate Howard and Brenda, if they don't want to go the random woman offscreen route.

by Anonymousreply 116July 21, 2024 8:44 PM

r114

I think Gio is Dante's and Sonny knows about it

by Anonymousreply 117July 21, 2024 8:58 PM

R117 That's another possibility since there were already hints of Dex being either Dante's or Jason's, could've changed to Giovanni

by Anonymousreply 118July 21, 2024 9:02 PM

I stand corrected, Cameron Mathison did make a statement about Esta "Gillian". He said she was the sweetest person he ever met and they reconnected last year and she helped nurse his paralyzed dog back to health.

by Anonymousreply 119July 21, 2024 9:09 PM

Monday, July 22nd, 2024

Laura seeks out Anna.

Jason's plans go awry.

Ava and Scott strategize.

Sonny makes a request of Michael.

Diane issues a warning.

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024

Jason updates Anna.

Jagger puts pressure on Ava.

Ned supports Tracy.

Carly meets with Sonny.

Kristina and Michael discuss family matters.

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024

Willow and Nina brainstorm.

Kristina and Blaze meet the press.

Anna faces off with Jagger.

Carly weighs her options.

Jason reaches out to Danny.

Thursday, July 25th, 2024

Jagger makes a bold move.

Anna pursues a hunch.

Willow wrestles with her guilt.

TJ and Molly make a big decision.

Friday, July 26th, 2024

Jason receives a proposition.

Nina drives a hard bargain.

Diane seeks out Anna.

Sonny is enraged.

by Anonymousreply 120July 21, 2024 9:10 PM

Monday, July 22nd, 2024

Laura seeks out Anna.

Jason's plans go awry.

Ava and Scott strategize.

Sonny makes a request of Michael.

Diane issues a warning.

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024

Jason updates Anna.

Jagger puts pressure on Ava.

Ned supports Tracy.

Carly meets with Sonny.

Kristina and Michael discuss family matters.

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024

Willow and Nina brainstorm.

Kristina and Blaze meet the press.

Anna faces off with Jagger.

Carly weighs her options.

Jason reaches out to Danny.

Thursday, July 25th, 2024

Jagger makes a bold move.

Anna pursues a hunch.

Willow wrestles with her guilt.

TJ and Molly make a big decision.

Friday, July 26th, 2024

Jason receives a proposition.

Nina drives a hard bargain.

Diane seeks out Anna.

Sonny is enraged.

by Anonymousreply 121July 21, 2024 9:20 PM

Has that prissy Queen Mulcahey spoken to Michael Logan yet?

by Anonymousreply 122July 22, 2024 10:16 AM

[quote] Sonny is enraged.

It's a day of the week, of course Stumpy the Shoe Polish Don is enraged.

by Anonymousreply 123July 22, 2024 1:56 PM

Is that Jagger kissing Ava?

If so and as previously discussed, Harrington needs to step up his game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 22, 2024 1:59 PM

Why all the hate for Patrick Mulcahey?

by Anonymousreply 125July 22, 2024 2:10 PM

R125 Because Mulcahey is an unhappy person who brings drama wherever he goes. And he doesn’t have a track record as a headwriter. He failed at GL. He failed at GH. He can write a good script, but that’s all he can do. He has no business coming out of retirement to work with a woman co-headwriter at GH. Ratings plummeted during his (thankfully) brief tenure. Buh bye Patrick. Stay retired, please.

by Anonymousreply 126July 22, 2024 3:32 PM

Snarl!

by Anonymousreply 127July 22, 2024 3:47 PM

R126, ratings plummeted during his recent brief tenure? I was unaware of that. How many points did they plummet?

by Anonymousreply 128July 22, 2024 3:52 PM

R128 I’m not gonna do the work for you. Look up the ratings yourself. They are on the Soap Opera Network site. GH’s ratings dropped like the bomb of Prissy Queen Mulcahey’s tenure.

by Anonymousreply 129July 22, 2024 5:14 PM

GH's dumb audience can't handle the nuances Mulcahey brought to the show.

The older fans all want family scenes and well written interactions but the younger ones all want Sonny Grunts and Carly Snarls and Let's Put a Bomb in the Bassinet.

by Anonymousreply 130July 22, 2024 5:25 PM

GH's declining numbers directly correlate to the U.S. mortality rate.

Lapsed viewers = dead viewers.

by Anonymousreply 131July 22, 2024 5:44 PM

I have no issues with Mulcahey, but always thought that he was a bad choice for headwriter, especially for this show. He's better at the day to day and scripts, not long story. The truth is, GH has a very vocal and vicious fanbase, with very specific, yet conflicting, ideas concerning what the show is about. They could dig up and reanimate Frank and Doris Hursley and that fanbase wouldn't be happy.

I was having fun in some earlier posts about Ron coming back, but if you think about it Ron is the best fit for that show. I know that Maurice and others want someone to worship at their feet and write another Sopranos knock off, but this is also the show that did some pretty wacky storytelling; and isn't Jason tied with Stefano Dimera for the number of times he's come back from the dead?

The point I'm trying to make is that some people are still holding on to this idea that GH is some high brow, fine wine show. It is not. It never was. It's soap opera with some good soap opera actors and at various times in its history it had some very good writing that rose above the ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 132July 22, 2024 5:45 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 133July 22, 2024 5:55 PM

Duell is starting to look like a middle-aged, midwestern insurance salesman with three kids and a burgeoning drinking problem.

by Anonymousreply 134July 22, 2024 6:15 PM

Adam Harrington's eyes always look like he's seeing vagina for the first time...

by Anonymousreply 135July 22, 2024 6:57 PM

Oh hun, Harrington has never seen a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 136July 22, 2024 8:12 PM

If he's doing scenes with LW, he's probably never seen vagina with teeth before

by Anonymousreply 137July 22, 2024 8:25 PM

The Perez Hilton angle is stupid and tawdry.

by Anonymousreply 138July 22, 2024 11:52 PM

^ Blame that asshole Mulcahey for that. He thought it’d be “cute”. Arghhhh!

by Anonymousreply 139July 22, 2024 11:59 PM

[quote] Duell is starting to look like a middle-aged, midwestern insurance salesman with three kids and a burgeoning drinking problem.

Starting?

But hey, he still has the DOD.

by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2024 12:58 AM

R122, yes

In 1997.

by Anonymousreply 141July 23, 2024 1:08 AM

Jesus couldn't they get someone from The View and do a cross-promotion!

by Anonymousreply 142July 23, 2024 4:06 AM

R142. That would take some effort. Instead they throw a blazer on Brooklyn, put some muffins on a plate, and mention someone who hasn't been relevant for 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 143July 23, 2024 4:41 AM

I wouldn’t mind pussy hound Chad Duelly inside me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 144July 23, 2024 6:09 AM

Brook Lyn should be a lesbian, dressing like that.

by Anonymousreply 145July 23, 2024 4:22 PM

BLQ actress shouldn't be on a soap. The more I see her, the more I dislike her. Her holding the character hostage for her own personal agenda is nauseating. Her masculine face and black uniform are off-putting. Who did Swickard piss off to get saddled with her?

The BLQ character should be a sexy rabble rouser and mischief maker leaving broken hearts in her wake.

by Anonymousreply 146July 23, 2024 4:36 PM

R145. Celia, darling! How are Grant #1 and Grant #2?

by Anonymousreply 147July 23, 2024 5:31 PM

Bring back Shelley Taylor Morgan!

by Anonymousreply 148July 23, 2024 5:58 PM

Roy Thinnes is still alive. Bring him back for a 13 week arc.

by Anonymousreply 149July 23, 2024 6:13 PM

I hope Wally Kurth writes a book some day. Being on two shows on two networks, simultaneously, for decades has to have yielded some incredible experiences and stories.

by Anonymousreply 150July 23, 2024 6:22 PM

I'll be brief since this is political but:

Robin Strasser of OLTL fame on X calling Lauren Boebert a slut!!

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 151July 23, 2024 6:30 PM

Roy is a great actor If alive id love to see him again on GH

by Anonymousreply 152July 23, 2024 6:33 PM

R151 good for Robin!

by Anonymousreply 153July 23, 2024 9:04 PM

Ava looks great.

That being said, not feeling her and Jagger

He did manage to crack a smile or two today but still no personality or heat. He disappoints me.

He said he practices the "Meisner method" of acting, I don't know what that means but perhaps he should switch to a different method?

by Anonymousreply 154July 23, 2024 9:24 PM

I think Sleestack ruined Roy Thinnes for life...

by Anonymousreply 155July 23, 2024 10:09 PM

Could someone please fill me in.

I missed last week when Jason and Carly discussed Brit? How was it discussed? Kind of weird how no mention of her had been made until now.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 156July 23, 2024 10:10 PM

R156. It was maybe 3 minutes with Snarly admitting that she was jealous of Britt and Jason's burgeoning relationship because she wanted it to be HERRRRRR.

Basically, they used Britt's cold dead body to push a love story between the two show killers.

by Anonymousreply 157July 23, 2024 10:13 PM

Maura and Harrington praising each other on X. That's nice.

At least Harrington doesn't have to worry about getting attacked for praising Maura. Brennan actor on the other hand got chewed up and spit out for fawning over Snarly and had to run and hide, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 158July 23, 2024 10:51 PM

I see LW demanded the "full Karen" at the hair salon.

by Anonymousreply 159July 23, 2024 11:19 PM

Or maybe the gays hate her and gave her that look on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 160July 24, 2024 12:42 AM

I'm disappointed in Kate Mansi cheerleading Perez on X.

She also says her IG has been suspended. What did she do?

by Anonymousreply 161July 24, 2024 4:11 PM

Having Perez Hilton as their "journalistic" savior is just as topical as if they had the girls talk to Dorothy Kilgallen's spirit.

by Anonymousreply 162July 24, 2024 7:07 PM

"I am a big girl!"

Carly Spencer

by Anonymousreply 163July 24, 2024 7:57 PM

^I laughed out loud and said yes you are Carly!

by Anonymousreply 164July 24, 2024 10:09 PM

Kate Mansi going all out repeatedly defending Perez on X.

She really needs to learn to choose her battles better.

She said he deserves a second chance and has reinvented himself.

I predict she ends up deleting her account, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 165July 25, 2024 2:38 AM

Getting liposuction is not re-inventing oneself.

by Anonymousreply 166July 25, 2024 3:04 AM

Did Mulcahey open the locked box from 2009 and unleash Perez again on this world?

by Anonymousreply 167July 25, 2024 4:13 AM

Perez was all Mulcahey’s idea and it was a failure. Bye bitch.

by Anonymousreply 168July 25, 2024 10:40 AM

Perez looked like a Neanderthal.

Mulcahey is a massive idiot to have come up with this.

It should have been a crossover with The View with Natalia also included and being read for filth by Joy.

by Anonymousreply 169July 25, 2024 12:27 PM

I doubt anyone "came up with" the idea for Perez.

This kind of shit is forced onto any writer by network suits.

by Anonymousreply 170July 25, 2024 1:12 PM

Perez = Bingo from The Banana Splitz

by Anonymousreply 171July 25, 2024 1:25 PM

Network suits are Perez followers in 2024???

by Anonymousreply 172July 25, 2024 1:25 PM

Ric Lansing is back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 25, 2024 2:33 PM

^ nice!

by Anonymousreply 174July 25, 2024 2:46 PM

[quote] Network suits are Perez followers in 2024???

Network suits are shameless cross promoters. They would have every character on GH mention using a bidet if the bidet company would mention the show on their website.

Having Perez talk about GH for a week or two is free advertising, so yeah, I could see shit rolling downhill and landing on the poor GH team having to pretend like they like him.

by Anonymousreply 175July 25, 2024 2:47 PM

I don't think the majority of GH demographic is following or even knows who Perez is or more accurately "was".

The View would have gotten the story more buzz especially if written to hold Natalia accountable.

by Anonymousreply 176July 25, 2024 3:01 PM

I love Ric and he’s needed in the Molly sl. If it becomes Kristina versus Molly then having the fathers at odds will be great. Will we get more hate sex with Sam? A reunion with Alexis? Nina? Or better yet an alliance with Ava? Possibilities are endless!!!!

by Anonymousreply 177July 25, 2024 3:05 PM

Wow, Rick Hearst. Did the MonaVie well run dry?

by Anonymousreply 178July 25, 2024 3:51 PM

Does anyone know how long Rick Hearst will be around?

by Anonymousreply 179July 25, 2024 5:12 PM

Not long.

by Anonymousreply 180July 25, 2024 5:44 PM

Rick Hearst has the gay son. Maybe he’ll get him onto the show.

by Anonymousreply 181July 25, 2024 6:06 PM

Wait, there are other people on the show that aren't Sonny or Carly?

by Anonymousreply 182July 25, 2024 6:12 PM

Cunt Korte was so glad to see the woman hater Mulcahey fired.

by Anonymousreply 183July 25, 2024 7:14 PM

Is Jagger being written out or not?

Keeping reading about how it's suspicious his photo isn't in opening credits and now Brennan is back to being called John.

Are Ava and Jagger going to leave together?

Or is this all X histrionics?

by Anonymousreply 184July 25, 2024 7:26 PM

Since Anna has always been attracted to bad boys, maybe they can pair Anna with a newly returned Ric Lansing.

by Anonymousreply 185July 25, 2024 8:16 PM

So Anna, the police chief, got the evidence on an international crook (Valentin) (illegally, I might add), in between sleeping with him, and then lets him escape capture. And then she lectures an FBI agent on his being influenced by his personal feelings. First, a hypocrite. Second, unfit for duty. Third, a criminal. I get that she still had feelings for Valentin and Charlotte (I believe at one point she said she couldn't let Charlotte grow up without either parent), but when did she become judge and jury? This is why we have a criminal justice system and everyone gets a fair trial. And why we don't let individual police chiefs (or FBI agents) made decisions about a person's guilt and punishment. So sadly, they've made Anna as complicit in crimes as Sonny, Jason, and Carly -- but since they are made out to be the heroes of the show, I suppose she's in good company. What a sad state of affairs, and a misguided direction for a television program that's trying to improve its ratings.

by Anonymousreply 186July 25, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote]So Anna, the police chief,

Police commissioner.

by Anonymousreply 187July 25, 2024 9:00 PM

That's an interesting point, r186. Anna has certainly bent the law to suit her needs on many occasions.

But she's still considered a good guy,. Whereas Sonny is a mobster and therefor a bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 188July 25, 2024 9:54 PM

Anna isn't Anna anymore. Yes, she's been a double agent, so not entirely trustworthy, but the constant tears and crying. I'm over it!

by Anonymousreply 189July 25, 2024 10:24 PM

Isn't there some homo gossip around Rick Hearst?

by Anonymousreply 190July 26, 2024 2:23 AM

I thought Ric Hearst was living in some Southern state and helping his wife sell baked goods at farmers markets?

by Anonymousreply 191July 26, 2024 2:31 AM

R190. I think his son is gayer than a picnic basket.

by Anonymousreply 192July 26, 2024 2:58 AM

Rick is a pussyhound. It was a male co-star of his at GL who fell in love with him and subsequently went koo koo.

by Anonymousreply 193July 26, 2024 8:02 AM

R193, some clues who was the male co-star? Or the name?

by Anonymousreply 194July 26, 2024 10:45 AM

There were old rumors that Rick and Ricky Paull Goldin fucked around, if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 195July 26, 2024 2:09 PM

And the guy at GL was Frank Beaty who played Brent/Marian.

by Anonymousreply 196July 26, 2024 2:10 PM

R195 Rick and Ricky were not on the show at the same time. What R196 said. Frank Beaty.

by Anonymousreply 197July 26, 2024 4:57 PM

Is he Hearst or Herbst

by Anonymousreply 198July 26, 2024 4:58 PM

Why do we need Giolin?

Even if he is Sonny's son, what is the conflict or intrigue?

Hasn't sparked with Joss or Trina.

Wouldn't the contract money have been better spent on a properly recast Nik?

by Anonymousreply 199July 26, 2024 5:08 PM

R199 Giolin 😆 😆 well Mark Teschner and Frank were so impressed with him (after initially auditioning for presumably Aiden, then considered for either a recurring day player role and/or possibly a Spencer recast) that this role was specifically tailor made just for him.

by Anonymousreply 200July 26, 2024 5:36 PM

Show is deliberately softening Tracy via these scenes with the kids and young adults.

Similarly, the scenes with Tracy and Cody in the stable were meant to humanize her.

I suppose Patrick Mulcahey thought this was necessary.

But my question is WHY? Tracy has been cold and bitchy for 40+ years. Why change that now.

by Anonymousreply 201July 26, 2024 5:44 PM

R198 It's Hearst, but he said his family's name was originally Herbst before they immigrated to America.

by Anonymousreply 202July 26, 2024 5:51 PM

R201 More than likely to make her matriarch of the Quartermaine's, with Monica unable to fill that void. Mulcahey is a huge fan of the Quartermaine's, so he was planning to reinvigorate that entire household.

by Anonymousreply 203July 26, 2024 5:54 PM

Monday, July 29th, 2024

Dante pleads with Sonny.

Carly receives an offer.

Jason visits the PCPD.

TJ is flummoxed.

Alexis addresses an important matter with Kristina.

Tuesday, July 30th, 2024

Carly has her day in court.

Things get heated between Sonny and Jagger.

Anna makes a shocking discovery.

Nina is grateful to Willow.

Alexis counsels Molly.

Wednesday, July 31st, 2024

Sonny won't listen to reason.

Anna shares a theory with Jason.

Ava gets bad news.

Kristina and Molly hash things out.

Jagger makes an offer.

Thursday, August 1st, 2024

Alexis is put on the spot.

Molly confides in Sam.

Brook Lynn makes a pitch to Blaze.

Sonny lashes out.

Kristina is on the warpath.

Trina gets an eyeful.

Friday, August 2nd, 2024

Josslyn leaps to action.

Dante makes an arrest.

TJ gets alarming news.

Sonny alienates a friend.

A medical crisis devastates a family.

by Anonymousreply 204July 26, 2024 6:38 PM

[quote] Why do we need Giolin?

Because that actor busted a real big nut over Frankie's face and earned himself a contract role.

by Anonymousreply 205July 26, 2024 6:39 PM

R205 That actually sounds pretty hot though 😁😁

by Anonymousreply 206July 26, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote]Because that actor busted a real big nut over Frankie's face and earned himself a contract role.

Oh, is that what I was supposed to do?

I thought I could rely on nepotism alone. But that only got me a 13-week arc, not a contract role.

by Anonymousreply 207July 26, 2024 6:45 PM

A medical crisis devastates a family.

Davis/Ashford family?

Or does Finn die off screen?

by Anonymousreply 208July 26, 2024 6:48 PM

R207 Ewwww although there still might be hope for you yet

by Anonymousreply 209July 26, 2024 6:52 PM

R208 Davis/Ashford most likely, with their baby.

by Anonymousreply 210July 26, 2024 6:54 PM

r205

I think it was the other way around though

by Anonymousreply 211July 26, 2024 7:00 PM

Well... Frank's mentor was Paul Rauch. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 212July 26, 2024 7:01 PM

Louise Sorel exited Santa Barbara in 1991 to avoid working with her former lover from OLTL/incoming Executive Producer Paul Rauch- that man had somewhat of a fixation with pleasuring actresses. I've wondered if he was bi, was he completely straight?

by Anonymousreply 213July 26, 2024 7:26 PM

R296 for sure

R211 maybe

I'd watch that hookup either way......just not these tepid ass scenes

by Anonymousreply 214July 26, 2024 7:35 PM

R204. On Monday, TJ is flummoxed. Shocker!!

by Anonymousreply 215July 26, 2024 8:21 PM

Can we fucking get Mulcahey’s name out of the credits? He was a cancer for the thankfully short time he was there before getting fired. Go the fuck away Mulcahey!!

by Anonymousreply 216July 26, 2024 9:36 PM

Alan Locher ran into Rick Hearst at the Jersey Shore yesterday.

Looks like Cape May.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217July 27, 2024 12:08 AM

Rick Herbst/Hearst looks like he's put on some pounds since we last saw him.

by Anonymousreply 218July 27, 2024 12:15 AM

Poor Alan Locher is so frickin homely!

by Anonymousreply 219July 27, 2024 1:44 AM

Adam Harrington on X saying that Jagger "caressing Ava's hair" was not scripted and he's glad they left it in.

by Anonymousreply 220July 27, 2024 2:13 PM

R220. Soap scene of the year!

by Anonymousreply 221July 28, 2024 1:02 AM

Adam Harrington caresses men’s dicks, not Ava’s hair. He wasn’t convincing.

by Anonymousreply 222July 29, 2024 12:54 AM

R195, Ricky would never cheat on himself to be with another man!

by Anonymousreply 223July 29, 2024 3:41 AM

R213, Louise held a grudge against me because she didn't make the callbacks when I was recasting the role of my second wife.

Louise thought that she put herself out of the running by using too much teeth.

But what Louise didn't know was -- that's how I LIKED it!

by Anonymousreply 224July 29, 2024 3:44 AM

This was published a few days ago but I don't see that it was posted here....my profuse apologies if it was? Tabyana Ali wrote about online bullying......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225July 29, 2024 2:54 PM

Has she been on Maurice's show?

by Anonymousreply 226July 29, 2024 3:26 PM

Oh poor Tabyana. Get rid of that fricking squeaky voice and become a real actress. Or just go away. She’s annoying.

by Anonymousreply 227July 29, 2024 3:43 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 228July 29, 2024 4:18 PM

Emma Samms on her way back.

Her low energy acting is uninteresting and annoying. Tristan is not up to the task either and should only be used in very small doses and I say this as someone who was a big Scorpio fan in the 80s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 29, 2024 4:52 PM

I guess poor Emmz has to be low energy with Long COVID

by Anonymousreply 230July 29, 2024 4:55 PM

I don't care about her long covid. She's boring and shouldn't be paid top dollar if she is not up to the task. Go do something less demanding.

They better not be getting rid of Maura for snoozefest Emma.

The viewers aren't clamoring for Holly. Lulu and Nik, yes.

by Anonymousreply 231July 29, 2024 5:04 PM

Alan Locher and his husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 29, 2024 5:15 PM

The husband is smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 233July 29, 2024 5:45 PM

Alan is homely.

by Anonymousreply 234July 29, 2024 6:14 PM

How much longer does the real Trina actress have in college? Can we get her back?

by Anonymousreply 235July 29, 2024 6:20 PM

Trina! Bring me the axe!

by Anonymousreply 236July 29, 2024 7:43 PM

I miss Real Trina! Bring her back and do a promo blitz - The REAL Trina returns!!

by Anonymousreply 237July 29, 2024 8:02 PM

Haley Pullos got out of jail and NLG greeted her outside the courthouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 29, 2024 9:52 PM

If anyone knows the answer, why did the original Trina actress leave? Her career was rising, her paycheck must have been.

by Anonymousreply 239July 29, 2024 10:56 PM

She said she wanted to focus on college. However, she has done other projects while in school and just recently produced a project. Maybe she just wanted out of GH?

by Anonymousreply 240July 29, 2024 11:09 PM

R238. Nancy's never looked more like Alexis Davis in her life.

by Anonymousreply 241July 30, 2024 12:09 AM

Is Nancy Lee still bullying her co stars? She’s a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 242July 30, 2024 12:33 AM

FUCK YOU, R242!

by Anonymousreply 243July 30, 2024 1:52 AM

I bet Emma's return will be Tristan's exit.

by Anonymousreply 244July 30, 2024 2:11 AM

R244. That's very good thinking! I was trying to think to whom she might be tied to anymore and he's the only person. Unless she has something up her sleeve involving Luke and Tracy and Laura get pulled in. Could facilitate Lucky's return? I don't know. I just pray that it's something watchable unlike what my eyes saw today on screen.

When Jagger John asked Molly if she ever danced for her Uncle Sonny on the pole, I got nauseous. And Kristina is just out of her mind.

by Anonymousreply 245July 30, 2024 2:23 AM

I agree Emma's return will tie in with Tristan's exit.

They should write in that Ethan is Tristan's -- the three go off, happy ending.

by Anonymousreply 246July 30, 2024 3:46 AM

If the rumors are true, Kristina and Ava tussle this week, similar to Esme and Ava having a scuffle while pregnant with Ace.

by Anonymousreply 247July 30, 2024 10:30 AM

R224 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 248July 30, 2024 10:32 AM

R245 Supposedly, that's what Holly is primarily returning for- a missing Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 249July 30, 2024 10:36 AM

The show is continuing to focus on bringing back former viewers, with former actors returning.

by Anonymousreply 250July 30, 2024 10:42 AM

Wouldn't bringing back more recent characters have more of an impact? Dillon, Lulu, Nik. Even a short arc for Nelle would create buzz and effect a lot of characters' lives. I'm surprised Chloe Lanier isn't wandering the parking lot hoping to run into FV when she drops off Josh Kelly.

Sarah Joy Brown is on Mo's show again this coming weekend, is she looking for work?

by Anonymousreply 251July 30, 2024 11:23 AM

As a former viewer (except 2x a year at the dentist's office), returning and subsequently wasting beloved characters is not bringing me back. Dramatically reducing Sonny's presence would, but we know that ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 252July 30, 2024 11:39 AM

R251 Pre-Frank characters seem to be the route their taking; Dillon, Lulu and Nik should easily fit into their returns, yet Lulu, particularly the Julie Marie Berman version, is the main one they're apparently seeking, except she seems disinterested.

Chloe Lanier would probably be open to another short-term return (seeing how she asked to be let out of her original four year contract after only two years) whereas they'd probably prefer Nelle back long-term (with her, since they refuse to recast).

by Anonymousreply 253July 30, 2024 11:43 AM

Chloe hasn't exactly set the world on fire since she left. Does she have her huge ego in check now?

by Anonymousreply 254July 30, 2024 11:46 AM

R251 Sarah J. Brown is actually looking to get back into soaps. She's expressed interest in becoming a cast member of The Gates. If she were to return to GH, it would have to be either as Claudia or a third character, for they're apparently still all in with Laura Wright.

by Anonymousreply 255July 30, 2024 11:48 AM

R252 Dentist office only viewing 😆 😆 that's hilarious; pretty sure that's where a lot of their viewership consists of now. The whole "bringing back lapsed viewers with former actors of yesteryear" comes off as gimmicky, to be completely honest.

by Anonymousreply 256July 30, 2024 11:51 AM

R254 She did have a huge ego lmao like Bryan Craig. That's a good question, wonder if they were humbled by Hollywood, though Bryan has had a few more breaks than Chloe. Interestingly enough, they both asked to be relieved of their duties before their four year contracts were up.

by Anonymousreply 257July 30, 2024 11:56 AM

FV, Varni and Korte are writing a show to solely please themselves not the audience.

by Anonymousreply 258July 30, 2024 12:00 PM

Jagger going off on Sonny, referring to him as a "miserable son of a bitch" seemed to be echoing the audience (sans the Sonny lovers, of course)

by Anonymousreply 259July 30, 2024 12:05 PM

They’re not going to bring back lost viewers. At best, they can only hope to stop bleeding viewers. Ratings have tumbled since Mulcahey started writing. Thus his quick firing.

by Anonymousreply 260July 30, 2024 12:05 PM

R258 That's absolutely true. If Nathan were smart, he'd unfriend his friend group and replace them with unbiased individuals who want to improve the show. I'm not an advocate for firing anyone, however Frank and Korte aren't exactly doing the show any favors, unless you take Frank handling the budget and Korte's continuity.

by Anonymousreply 261July 30, 2024 12:08 PM

Question, could you see Frank fitting in at DOOL, if GH were to fire him? Kassie DePaiva would definitely be back full-time as Eve, probably Michael Easton back as Tanner. Some suggested Roger Howarth as Peter Blake, though he seems happier now that he's back home on the East Coast without two residences anymore (fans wanted Roger there while Ron was still head writing) or maybe even Trevor St. John in as someone. Frank is really obsessed with Y&R, though Josh Griffith most likely isn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 262July 30, 2024 12:18 PM

Frank is the only EP in all of Hollywood who can manage a budget? Shouldn't such a genius be running something bigger than a dwindling soap? Maybe he can put his rare expertise to work somewhere else. He's been steadily employed for over 20 years, I see no problem with firing him, he won't be destitute.

Korte needs to be relieved of her duties so she can devote herself 24/7 to her Carly/LW fetish. I picture her to be a cat lady with LW posters on her bedroom wall and stacks of DVD/CDs/full DVRs with all of LWs performances dating back to Loving. Creepy, demented Korte.

by Anonymousreply 263July 30, 2024 12:21 PM

Is Sarah Brown still fighting for custody of her kid? There was that whole strange/scary issue with that.....

by Anonymousreply 264July 30, 2024 12:36 PM

R263 Of course there's others who can handle the budget, that's just an excuse to justify keeping him. Phelps consistently went over the budget, so their reasoning for holding onto Frank was that he never would go over, though that's not good enough anymore when the show is clearly grasping at straws. I suggested DOOL because Frank seems to always find somewhere to land, it's not because I'm thinking he'll be destitute. Revolving door of head writers isn't working while he's still the EP.

LMAO I can totally see Korte in a Laura Wright themed room, filled up with memorabilia from Loving/GL

by Anonymousreply 265July 30, 2024 12:40 PM

R264 Sarah's daughter Jordan is a grown woman now, she's around 25/26 now and they're pretty close. That was very strange/scary when she was going through her custody battles; that took place while she was on GH, ATWT, back to GH, B&B and DOOL

by Anonymousreply 266July 30, 2024 12:43 PM

My annoyance wasn't towards you, r265, I know you were just relaying their reasons (lame as they are) for keeping FV.

There is no justification for keeping him at this point and I think everyone is tired of hearing the Frank is a financial wizard excuse.

by Anonymousreply 267July 30, 2024 12:48 PM

Sarah Brown’s a whacko. Always the victim. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 268July 30, 2024 1:00 PM

R267 No worries 😃 many are tired of that particular excuse

by Anonymousreply 269July 30, 2024 1:11 PM

For those bored with Patrick Mulcahey, in your opinion, is he worse than Garin Wolf?

by Anonymousreply 270July 30, 2024 1:13 PM

I’d take SJB back as Carly in a heartbeat!

by Anonymousreply 271July 30, 2024 3:37 PM

I think TB was the ultimate Carly and that return to the role would be a better fit than SJB

by Anonymousreply 272July 30, 2024 3:43 PM

May I ask the Korte experts a question? Does Korte like the character of Carly, or does she like the current actress who plays the character? Is she looking out for a friend, or does she have a special connection to the character? Certain writers tend to fixate on certain characters, while others are just besties with a few and give them endless stories.

by Anonymousreply 273July 30, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote]Korte needs to be relieved of her duties so she can devote herself 24/7 to her Carly/LW fetish. I picture her to be a cat lady with LW posters on her bedroom wall and stacks of DVD/CDs/full DVRs with all of LWs performances dating back to Loving. Creepy, demented Korte.

The same could be said of Bob Guza and his Sonny fetish. Guza spent almost ten years writing masturbatory fantasies about the great and powerful Sonny and his invincible sidekick Jason, aided and abetted by JFP and Brian Frons.

by Anonymousreply 274July 30, 2024 5:44 PM

[quote]Frank is the only EP in all of Hollywood who can manage a budget? Shouldn't such a genius be running something bigger than a dwindling soap? Maybe he can put his rare expertise to work somewhere else. He's been steadily employed for over 20 years, I see no problem with firing him, he won't be destitute.

Plenty of other people can manage a budget in Hollywood. However, not that many who can keep a budget under control also understand how soap operas work. That's the unique part of it -- conforming that budget to the needs of a soap opera.

JFP certainly knows how soaps operate, but she constantly went over budget. So did the gals running AMC in its final years -- AMC was moved to LA for budget reasons, but show still went overbudget.

Soaps are an unusual beast that is not quite as simple to run as one might think. Ask film producer turned soap EP Linda Gotlieb who also constantly went overbudget during her 4 years as EP of OLTL.

Ask soap vet Ellen Wheeler who took GL to Peapack to die for budget reasons.

by Anonymousreply 275July 30, 2024 5:51 PM

Brennan actor who is not on contract is in the opening credits but Jagger actor who is on contract is not in the opening credits....

Me thinks bumbling Sonny is going to off Jagger and then beat the murder charges because his meds were tampered with.

by Anonymousreply 276July 30, 2024 7:39 PM

R273 A combination of both. For she assisted in the creation of the character, so there's a special connection between herself and Carly; then there's also the almost twenty year bond she's forged with Laura Wright. She seems to see herself in Carly; Laura Wright seems to herself in Carly as well.

by Anonymousreply 277July 30, 2024 7:56 PM

I expected nothing less than Carly receiving exoneration AND a formal apology from the United States Government for her troubles.

Fuck this fucking show.

by Anonymousreply 278July 30, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote]The show is continuing to focus on bringing back former viewers, with former actors returning.

In 2012, Frank and Ron saved the show from cancellation by bringing back former actors, most notably Anna Devane.

They also brought back Duke and Faison as well as Bobbie and Nikolas, both of whom Guza had written out. They also gave Monica much more to do since Guza barely used her in his final few years (but then Guza wanted to decimate the Qs).

They also didn't kill off Robin, as Guza and JFP had planned to do, instead persuading Kimberly McCullough to come back for short arcs.

They also eventually brought back Laura, Scotty, Lucy and Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 279July 30, 2024 8:12 PM

R279 Ron and Frank definitely saved GH from cancellation, for ABC even had a final airdate scheduled of January 4th, 2013, with plans to send GH to Prospect Park/The Online Network where AMC and OLTL were. The buzz created during Ron and Frank's first year at GH prevented that from occurring.

by Anonymousreply 280July 30, 2024 8:28 PM

Frank and Ron completely reset the show. Almost full stop. Ron seamlessly wove brand new characters into the existing canvas while reintroducing fan favorites with fun (and crazy) stories that made use of everyone. Sabrina, Britt, Felix,etc., were perfect conduits for new and long-lapsed viewers to (re)learn the dynamics and personalities of (then) current Port Charles.

This show needs another reset at the hands of someone who gives a damn.

by Anonymousreply 281July 30, 2024 8:28 PM

R276 From what I read, you are correct...well, almost.

Maura West fans can rejoice.

Ava is gonna(?) kill Jagger and set Sonny up to take the fall. Other suspects will include Carly, Jason, and Anna. Of course they'll make it look like Ava is the murderer, but they'll probably change their minds halfway thru the storyline and make is somebody else.

by Anonymousreply 282July 30, 2024 9:19 PM

Coincidentally, Ron is available to HW a soap. Should they bring him over to help save GH?

Maurice would have a conniption fit over that.

But the more important question is how well do Frank and Ron get along these days. Is there bitter blood over Ron's 2015 firing. Or does Ron recognize that was Mo's doing?

by Anonymousreply 283July 30, 2024 9:22 PM

R283 Frank threw Ron under the bus to save himself, so there was resentment on Ron's end- it actually started when Frank and Nathan brought Jean Passanante over and Shelly Altman back to work on the writing team; they tried to disguise it as helping Ron, yet Ron read between the lines and suspected that they were grooming them to replace him. Frank and Ron have had many disagreements throughout the years, going back to their time together toiling over OLTL, though not as extreme as Ron being fired at GH; although apparently not exactly close as they once were, they could work as a pair again. However, between Maurice, Nancy Lee, Korte, etc., Ron wouldn't exactly be welcomed back.

by Anonymousreply 284July 30, 2024 10:19 PM

R282. Seems like this show has a hard-on for making "classic" early 90's male characters crazy and eventually dead.

by Anonymousreply 285July 30, 2024 10:19 PM

R285 Well damn, what an excellent observation. Defamation of past characters at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 286July 30, 2024 10:21 PM

MW is apparently miserable at GH. From a fan account of noticing her at NLG's event earlier this year, MW seemed sullen, unlike her usual chipper self. MW also appeared dissatisfied with the writing for Ava at her Zoom event; there was a private Zoom for select fans who purchased that ticket after the public event, more like a "backstage meet & greet." She obviously knows they're considering firing her, which stands to reason why she's upset.

by Anonymousreply 287July 31, 2024 4:03 AM

Jonathan Jackson is "allegedly" struggling financially. He had a failed restaurant venture with Steve Burton, then he tried to build a Monastery in Ireland. A series of bad investments led him back to GH

by Anonymousreply 288July 31, 2024 4:10 AM

[quote]A series of bad investments led him back to GH

My plan to get JJ back worked!

by Anonymousreply 289July 31, 2024 4:15 AM

[quote] Seems like this show has a hard-on for making "classic" early 90's male characters crazy and eventually dead.

YR is having a similar issue in that, aside from Jack, Victor and Nick, any man over 35 that comes on the show has to be a villain/crazy and eventually get killed off or sent to jail.

Ron had a bad habit at both OLTL and GH of making his young female characters crazy.

by Anonymousreply 290July 31, 2024 4:18 AM

Solo Korte isn't the long term solution GH is seeking. There's rumblings of yet another writer shakeup, which stretches beyond Korte/Van Etten; something is apparently happening behind-the-scenes. Per Errol at SON:

"My understanding is it'll be Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte until early to mid-August (on-screen). Around then, we'll find out what the new team will officially look like. I can't speak more on it right now, but it is interesting what's going on behind the scenes."

"I'm partly disappointed but thoroughly excited to see where things are heading. That's as much as I can say."

"I'm basing what I know on what I know, independent of online chatter. There's more at play. That's, again, all I'll say."

by Anonymousreply 291July 31, 2024 4:19 AM

Based on what Errol's saying, seems to be another co-head writer partnership where he's disappointed with one pick yet pleased with the other.

by Anonymousreply 292July 31, 2024 4:21 AM

R289 Exactly 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 293July 31, 2024 4:22 AM

R290 True on both accounts. Ron was even planning to make Valerie Spencer crazy; in a ripoff of the Gigi/Rex/Stacy Morasco story on OLTL, Valerie was set to become pregnant by Dante, miscarry, then go off the deep end while terrorizing a newly reunited Lulu and Dante. Jean and Shelly stepping in for a fired Ron switched that story completely around. Sabrina ended up pregnant instead while Valerie was eventually written out.

by Anonymousreply 294July 31, 2024 4:29 AM

R294...Dear Lord. The Morasco Fiasco!

by Anonymousreply 295July 31, 2024 6:03 AM

R278 That's pretty much exactly how it happened. Including the apology to Carly, with her dryly replying, "You were just doing your job" or something to that effect, painting her as this innocent person. After a guarantee to her that they'd look into Jagger Cates practices, she smugly replied that they should look thoroughly. Typical ending with Carly, Jason and/or Sonny always winning. Sonny scolding them was the only difference, though he'll be back in their good graces when "big bad Ava" is blamed for everything

by Anonymousreply 296July 31, 2024 11:54 AM

R295 Right Farah couldn't stand that storyline 😆 😆neither could John-Paul, but mainly Farah. They both said that was the "most difficult storyline they ever had" while at OLTL. Crystal had a birthday party that the two of them didn't attend, while other castmastes did lol

by Anonymousreply 297July 31, 2024 12:01 PM

MW should be a leading lady on a soap or at the very least a formidable adversary to the established lead actors. An adversary who often wins!

Since there is no hope of that on the other three soaps as they already have their tiresome leading ladies who aggressively protect and mark their spots, the only other option is The Gates.

Make MW the ruthless adversary on The Gates.

Unfortunately, MW stayed in her comfort zone at AWTW and didn't test the waters in primetime therefore doesn't have any non-soap credits. But maybe something primetime could still happen for her, idk.

She is looking particularly great lately. Like a woman giving herself a makeover after a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 298July 31, 2024 1:24 PM

Maura stayed at ATWT because she and Scott have 5 kids together - she wanted the consistent work.

Same reason she's at GH, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 299July 31, 2024 2:24 PM

R298 Excellent points. Since she's already experienced that entire "marking their spot" travesty at Y&R (and literally at GH, when she accidentally parked in Laura Wright's parking spot, who publicly referenced it online, in typical LW fashion) it would have to be either B&B (as Kristen Forrester?) or DOOL (as Nicole Walker?) where she could land, if she's not concerned with any possible egos, though I agree that she'd probably fare better on new ground like The Gates.

The "makeover after a divorce" is probably her being aware that GH is considering filing for divorce from her, so she's getting ahead of them.

by Anonymousreply 300July 31, 2024 2:26 PM

R299 Absolutely. ATWT was pretty much home to her, now GH (she tried to make Y&R home, yet they weren't exactly welcoming in the neighborhood)

by Anonymousreply 301July 31, 2024 2:31 PM

I didn't mean she had to leave ATWT but she could have done some guest appearances on sitcoms, other soap actors do that. Plenty of CBS sitcoms or even dramas she could have done one episode of here and there since she had full-time childcare in place with Scott...

But whatever, that's hindsight and her business but also serves as a lesson to other soap actors to spread their wings just in case....

by Anonymousreply 302July 31, 2024 2:32 PM

I think Days is the only soap, currently, where they don't seem to have egos. I think Maura would fit in without any fellow actor drama.

by Anonymousreply 303July 31, 2024 2:44 PM

R302 Spread their wings or spread their legs, for a rich husband/wife has never hurt a soap actor (IE: Karen Witter, Farah Fath, Julie Marie Berman, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 304July 31, 2024 2:47 PM

R303 For the most part, no. B&B/DOOL were considered vacation spots compared to Y&R/GH. B&B had a few hiccups here and there, Hunter Tylo/Kimberlin Brown; DOOL of course with Kristian Alfonso/a few including Crystal Chappell, but not nearly as toxic as the other two, especially GH.

by Anonymousreply 305July 31, 2024 2:52 PM

I love that Eric Braeden is dragging Lindsey Graham on X calling him "odious" and "slippery".

Can we trade Y&R Mo for Eric?

by Anonymousreply 306July 31, 2024 2:54 PM

What is the story between Kristian and Crystal? Wasn't there something with Crystal and Dee Dee Halls as well?

by Anonymousreply 307July 31, 2024 2:57 PM

Adding Jessica Serfaty to my list of soap actors with wealthy fiancee/spouses at R304 (despite her abuse allegations, she's since retracted her statements)

by Anonymousreply 308July 31, 2024 2:58 PM

R307 Apparently, Kristian/Crystal didn't exactly get along (Crystal also had issues with Peter Reckell and Robert Kelker-Kelly; at GL, she had issues with Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman, primarily) so when Crystal returned to DOOL in 2010, it became a Kristian/Ken Corday vs. Crystal/Gary Tomlin situation. Kristian and Crystal almost came to blows in a scene together; ultimately, Kristian "allegedly" got Crystal fired when it came down to an either/or situation. Crystal wrote a memoir (The Perfect Art Of Imperfection: My Life So Far) detailing her experiences and was quite talkative while promoting her book, back in 2012/2013.

I've never heard of any issues between Crystal and Deidre Hall, although there are some mentions of friction between Kristian and Deidre, mainly accusations of jealousy, in regards to Deidre as lead while Kristian was there.

by Anonymousreply 309July 31, 2024 3:18 PM

*When she returned to DOOL in 2009 at R309

by Anonymousreply 310July 31, 2024 3:21 PM

r309

Thanks... I had never heard that Crystal had an issue with Peter... I know she did with Robert. Didn't he come to a love scene nude to set the mood of the scene or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 311July 31, 2024 3:22 PM

Did Steve's son get the GH role?

Y&R's Josh Morrow got his son a role on B&B.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 31, 2024 3:25 PM

R311 You're welcome. Before she started spilling back then, I had no idea she had issues with Peter Reckell nor Robert Newman, but Kristian/Peter and Kim/Robert probably had Crystal feeling like a third wheel.

I do remember hearing that too, RKK's penchant for nude love scenes which made some actresses uncomfortable. Both Kristian and Lisa Rinna had problems with RKK too.

by Anonymousreply 313July 31, 2024 3:52 PM

R312 Not yet.

by Anonymousreply 314July 31, 2024 3:54 PM

Young Jack/John Brennan aka Charles Mesure

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315July 31, 2024 4:34 PM

Oh boy, Cameron Mathison is on the market, ladies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 31, 2024 4:46 PM

Did Cameron try to get another male castmate into a 3 way? Maybe Cam has found his "true" self

by Anonymousreply 317July 31, 2024 4:50 PM

Crystal didn't have issues with Kim or Robert - Robert liked working with her and Crystal was wise enough to avoid some of the pitfalls both Michelle Forbes and Cynthia Watros fell into while working with Kim, so there weren't any issues with them.

Crystal did end up having quite a fallout with Grant Aleksander during their story.

As for DAYS, Crystal and Kristian definitely had an ugly, contentious relationship. I think once KA returned things just got very toxic. Pretty much every woman RKK worked with had an issue with him.....except for the 17 year old he was fucking and later married, of course.

by Anonymousreply 318July 31, 2024 6:16 PM

Crystal is trouble wherever she goes. She had issues at OLTL also. Nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 319July 31, 2024 6:34 PM

That teal-ish grasscloth wallpaper in Sonny's office is a winner.

by Anonymousreply 320July 31, 2024 7:00 PM

R318 Then why did Crystal say Kim Zimmer, Robert Newman, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso and Robert Kelker-Kelly in particular made things "chsllenging" for her?

by Anonymousreply 321July 31, 2024 7:30 PM

Made things "challenging" for her at R321 while promoting her book back in 2012/2013- she named those five actors.

I'm wondering that too R319. For she also went out of her way to say she had no issues with Kristian a year before her memoir, where she aired everything out. On a personal note, I used to know a guy, who's one of us that was practically best friends with Crystal. He had nothing but good things to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 322July 31, 2024 7:35 PM

This just in: Bob Guza is a producer on The Gates.

by Anonymousreply 323July 31, 2024 8:00 PM

R323. Hmmm...mixed feelings on this.

by Anonymousreply 324July 31, 2024 8:03 PM

The Gates will be filmed in Atlanta, yet set predominantly in the Washington D.C./Maryland area on the show. I'm having trouble with the link for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 325July 31, 2024 8:08 PM

R323 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 326July 31, 2024 8:09 PM

Michelle Val Jean has always gotten along with Guza.

Even defended him on Twitter regarding the killing of Alan Quatermain. Said Guza was against the idea, but the network insisted.

Not surprising she would give him a job. Especially with his wife, Meg Bennett, having just died

by Anonymousreply 327July 31, 2024 8:09 PM

R327 Right they've been good friends since Santa Barbara. Julie Hanan Carruthers is also in as a producer.

by Anonymousreply 328July 31, 2024 8:12 PM

The Gates, centered in the fictional affluent "Fairmont Estates" focuses on the wealthy Jackson family, consisting of matriarch Betty, Joseph, Jessica and Sara (those are the four principal roles)

by Anonymousreply 329July 31, 2024 8:16 PM

That sounds like someone dusted off a pitch from 1985.

by Anonymousreply 330July 31, 2024 8:18 PM

R330 I'm at work and I wasn't expecting that response 😆 😆 😆 😆

by Anonymousreply 331July 31, 2024 8:24 PM

Also, The Gates includes "a multiple daytime Emmy winning writer" as a member of the writing team, but their name is being kept "under wraps, for now."

by Anonymousreply 332July 31, 2024 8:31 PM

R332. Please Lord, I hope it's Jamey Giddens.

by Anonymousreply 333July 31, 2024 9:22 PM

It better be Gamie Jiddens. Guy’s gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 334July 31, 2024 10:50 PM

Guza involved with the Gates.

by Anonymousreply 335August 1, 2024 12:18 AM

Jesus. How many EP’s is The Gates gonna have? They’re up to 7 as of now. The show will be a mess with 7 ep’s trying to out do each other. I give the show a year. This will fail. You can’t produce a coherent soap with 7 EP’s.

by Anonymousreply 336August 1, 2024 12:35 AM

Huh, I'd read and heard CC said she didn't have problems with Kim/Robert, but I have not read her book or any interviews promoting it so I could be uninformed.

I know Kim and Robert eventually had a whole season arc on Crystal's show Venice, so if there was conflict, it couldn't have been that deep or dire, I would think.

by Anonymousreply 337August 1, 2024 2:08 PM

R337 Oh I thought you were aware of her book and the promotion for it, where she referenced how "challenging" it was working with Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell, Robert Kelker-Kelly, Robert Newman and Kim Zimmer. Robert Newman comes off as extremely unproblematic, although I've heard of instances where he wasn't always on the same page with Kim Zimmer as well, preferring to work with Nicole Forester's Cassie instead of a redux of Josh and Reva? I wouldn't blame Robert if he spoke his mind against Crystal or Kim, for they're both known for being somewhat abrasive (good actresses, yet not always the best company to keep around). It was probably one of those situations where you get along better with someone when you're no longer working with them, for Cynthia Watros admitted to being bullied by both Kim and Laura Wright (who most likely followed Kim's lead and tried to kiss up to the main female star). Cynthia and Michelle both had issues with Kim, correct?

Kim had a falling out with Frank at OLTL, not too much different than Robin Strasser, which seems to be why neither Kim nor Robin are welcomed at GH. As R319 mentioned, Crystal was problematic at OLTL as well in the 90's. I noticed that she's following Kim Zimmer on IG (she's also apparently no longer friendly with a guy I knew, who considered her somewhat of a best friend years ago) however with both of them having strong personalities, there were probably slight clashes at work that are now resolved. Did Crystal get along with Joan Collins?

by Anonymousreply 338August 1, 2024 4:02 PM

What was the falling out between Kim and Robin with Frank?

by Anonymousreply 339August 1, 2024 4:06 PM

R339 Frank didn't particularly care for their "strong-willed" personalities. Kim wanted to get back into soaps after GL, so she went back to OLTL knowing it was well below her usual pay grade, though that wasn't the issue. What bothered her was when she found out that she'd have to share a dressing room with Terri Conn, who was just as surprised about sharing with Kim. Tuc Watkins also ended up sharing the same dressing room with them. Kim told Frank, "Gee, a little warning would be nice" which Frank replied, "Does a dressing room matter to you?" Which Kim responded with, "That's not the fucking issue Frank, it would have been nice to have known it before showing up for work at 7am and not having a place to put my underwear." Frank apologized, saying "Oh I'm sorry, that was probably my fault." Kim claimed that's just how she talks and that she loves Frank, but back then it was mentioned that Frank wasn't too happy with her addressing him like that. That's what apparently started it all, in regards to his view of Kim. Plus it doesn't help that he has that petty, passive-aggressive nature.

Robin Strasser quit OLTL early when she learned of their cancellation, which reportedly infuriated Frank. She's been angling to have Dorian visit Port Charles for the longest, yet Frank refuses to budge.

by Anonymousreply 340August 1, 2024 4:29 PM

*Correcting myself at R340, Robin claims she was fired after asking for time off to deal with a bad back, though she was considering quitting before Frank/ABC let her go. This was months after the cancellation announcement. Robin is another actress who many deem problematic as well; when she wrapped her stint as Vivian on DOOL, many there were happy to see her out (she yelled at a cameraman during one filming session)

by Anonymousreply 341August 1, 2024 4:36 PM

Steve didn't waste any time getting Rick to speak.

Do the co-workers who go on Steve and Mo's shows get paid or are they just expected to donate their time so that the two top paid actors on the show can make even more money?

Rick originally moved to Atlanta but is now living in Jersey. I didn't realize Rick is Italian and his mother was from Italy. He's very close to his mother. He mentions his son and his husband. He taught acting with Natalia LIvingston (Emily) in Atlanta and says his catering business made $250,000 a year, why he would mention how much his business made I don't know. He also says his career as a real estate agent in NJ is thriving. I get the impression he was trying to prove how well he's done without GH.

Rick mentions JPS so that makes me wonder if JPS is back working.

Doesn't mention working with his new daughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342August 1, 2024 5:05 PM

Adam Harrington says he is falling head over heels for maura between action and cut.

Maura says she is falling head over heels for Adam between cut and action. Heart emojiis and xoxo.

Aren't they adorable.

by Anonymousreply 343August 1, 2024 6:54 PM

Adam and Maura working overtime to turn shit into sunflowers and sell it, since their jobs depend on it.

by Anonymousreply 344August 1, 2024 7:12 PM

Adam is going to have to loosen up a little and add some emotion to his scenes with Maura to sell this.

Jagger is still too stoic in his scenes with Ava. Actually he's too stoic in every scene he's in, but the one's with Ava are the ones where he especially needs to show some vulnerability and humanity.

by Anonymousreply 345August 1, 2024 7:18 PM

Adam runs an acting school or class. One would think he would correct course after watching himself but I guess not.

He's just not a natural in the love scenes. He's rather robotic in general with a couple of exceptions when he gets really angry and starts yelling.

by Anonymousreply 346August 1, 2024 7:30 PM

[quote] Kim had a falling out with Frankà

THE SWOLLEN SOW

by Anonymousreply 347August 1, 2024 7:33 PM

Actually, I loved the interaction between Dorian, Echo, and Viki.

by Anonymousreply 348August 1, 2024 7:35 PM

Why didn't they have Giolin playing the violin during the SPLASH! scene instead of screaming like a girl?

by Anonymousreply 349August 1, 2024 8:34 PM

Stunt woman prepping for the fall. That really is a narrow pool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 1, 2024 9:18 PM

Kim Zimmer was/is notoriously difficult to deal with unless you give her......the respect that she's entitled to! (Faye voice)

She didn't used to be but somewhere around the mid 90s she just became a negative old cunt. She complains if she has story (too busy! overworked!) She complains if she doesn't have story (I don't have enough to do!) She complains about the story itself, no matter how good it was she hated it. She wrote about Beth Ehlers being a dark cloud in her book but if she wanted a glimpse of someone who overwhelms people with negativity the bitch should have looked in the mirror.

I'm sure Laura Wright nee Sisk, once Maryland's Favorite Convenience Store Queen and now GH's Snarly Snaggletooth, probably took notes from KZ and learned to be a cunt at Kim's hooves.

by Anonymousreply 351August 1, 2024 9:40 PM

R333 R334 Rumor has it that Ron is "the writer" in question. However I don't see his style fitting in with the apparent Tyler Perry feel the show seems to be aiming for; that's more like Jamey Giddens.

by Anonymousreply 352August 2, 2024 3:00 AM

[quote]with the apparent Tyler Perry feel the show seems to be aiming for

Not trying to start anything, but is that code for black? Are you not familiar with Michele Val Jean's writing? She's the furthest thing from Tyler Perry.

by Anonymousreply 353August 2, 2024 3:03 AM

R353 No it's not code for Black. I'm very familiar with Michele val Jean's style of writing on various daytime serials, however the description of this show sounds similar to Ambitions, which she was a part of, wasn't she with Jamey Giddens? That show had a Tyler Perry sort of feeling to it, from what little of it I saw.

I figured that my opinions of this show would open a can of worms, which I'm not trying to do, for I do believe a predominantly Black soap is a good idea, however the premise sounds a little dated and is reminiscent of Tyler Perry, particularly with filming in Atlanta. I was hoping they'd film it in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 354August 2, 2024 3:20 AM

R342 I could be wrong, but I don't believe the actors are compensated when they make guest appearances on the Mo or Steve/Bradford shows. I think it's more about exposure, while the hosts are of course paid.

I always got that feeling from Rick Hearst too, that it was somewhat more of a "flex" to show that he's doing better outside of GH.

by Anonymousreply 355August 2, 2024 3:27 AM

R343 Not Andy Dixon lurking nearby the studios 😆

R344 Definitely without a doubt

by Anonymousreply 356August 2, 2024 3:32 AM

Like I said, R354, I'm not trying to start anything. However, CBS's investment in a new soap is a huge deal. They are filming in Atlanta because of simple economics. Soaps are expensive to produce, especially in New York and LA. Filming in Atlanta, North Carolina, or Canada is just cheaper and makes good business sense. Since this is a GH thread, I won't go that far off-topic. I was just more curious about your Tyler Perry reference than anything. And quite frankly, I'm not sure this show will do well. Even though I want it to for Val Jean, the fans aren't going to be into it. Every wishful casting about this show has fans casting white actors, which, to me, speaks volumes. And 30 years ago, when black audiences were given a real choice in daytime, they stuck with Victor Newman.

by Anonymousreply 357August 2, 2024 3:36 AM

R347 R348 I did as well. Kim loved it too; I recall her saying how she was practically in awe of working with Robin and Erika, that she was aware it was pretty much "their show" adding how much fun she was having. I think since she was "the younger woman" out of the three, so it was also more of a respect level.

by Anonymousreply 358August 2, 2024 3:36 AM

R359 All true. Great actress, but she's a handful. What's the deal with Beth Ehlers? Didn't others have problems with her as well? I remember reading about how miserable she was to work with at All My Children. Were Kim and Beth always on bad terms? Funny how Reva's first grandchild came from Harley.

Laura Wright loves to credit Kim Zimmer for a lot. Its totally believeable she envisions herself as Kim.

by Anonymousreply 359August 2, 2024 3:42 AM

R359 was actually meant as a response for R351

by Anonymousreply 360August 2, 2024 3:45 AM

R357 Re-reading my opinion, I can see why you might have mistook it as stereotyping but honestly its not. I actually don't have a problem with Tyler Perry, as many seem to, but he's nowhere near Michele val Jean when it comes to writing. I wasn't comparing their writing styles, I'm going by the Atlanta location. They are also specifically looking at actors in the Atlanta area, so I'm wondering if some from Tyler's shows will be in the cast. I understand that its cheaper to film outside of Los Angeles, I just thought that with the money being allotted, they'd film in L.A. but apparently not.

I'm all for an African-American themed soap opera. However, the more information that's revealed, the more it comes off as possibly too many cooks in the kitchen. I like Michele val Jean so I hope it works out for her. When you say that they chose Victor Newman over their own, I'm guessing you're referring to choosing The Young & The Restless as opposed to Generations?

by Anonymousreply 361August 2, 2024 3:58 AM

R359 I don't remember hearing a lot about Beth at GL, but Kim described an unnamed costar as.....

[quote] .....this actress was miserable on the set, off the set, on the street, in the movies, at the grocery store, and everywhere she went for a very long time. Her presence on the set was a dark energy until she eventually left the show.....

Based on clues (involvement w costars) it was assumed that star was Beth E. And yes, Beth E was terrible to several people on AMC, including the guy with war injuries that played in her storyline.

But KZ is no picnic, so I could see Frank not wanting to board that ship again. He already has a number of big babies to coddle at GH.

by Anonymousreply 362August 2, 2024 4:17 AM

When KZ first appeared as Echo on OLTL, she says it was suppose to be a multi year storyline but it was rushed and wrapped up in months because another female actress was not pleased she was there. I always thought that was Slee. Anyone have any tea about this?

by Anonymousreply 363August 2, 2024 7:15 AM

R362 More than likely Kim Zimmer was referring to Beth Ehlers. I remember rumblings back then about the two of them not necessarily being on the same page, but I never knew specifically why they didn't care for each other. I know that there was a hierarchy, with Kim obviously in first place, while Beth, Laura Wright and company were pretty much vying for second, until LW quit to be "the star" here.

Right, Beth was pretty nasty to her castmates at AMC, with that poor guy J.D. Martinez probably dealing with it the most. He seemed much happier when they paired him with another love interest.

by Anonymousreply 364August 2, 2024 11:54 AM

R363 Really? I do know that initially she was supposed to be there for awhile, with a multi-year contract (Oct.2010), but the cancellation announcement came about six months after she started (Apr.2011), with her leaving about six months after that (Oct.2011), so she was there for a year; the show wrapped three months afterwards (Jan.2012) onscreen. I assumed she left because the show was ending, so they wrote her out earlier than anticipated, to mainly focus on Viki and the other "principal characters."

by Anonymousreply 365August 2, 2024 12:01 PM

An announcement is expected soon in regards to changes behind the scenes, regarding writers, etc.

Adam Huss is expected back at Nikolas. though its possibly just another brief visit while he's in jail.

Greg Vaughan has been busy posting about GH on some of his IG stories, but he is expected at a GH fan club event this weekend (Adam Huss is as well)

Frank is apparently head over heels for Giovanni Mazza on set, in a "we've struck gold, future star" manner (shades of Andrew "Triscuit" Trischitta)

by Anonymousreply 366August 2, 2024 12:14 PM

I fail to see the fascinations with Giolin.

His girly screaming at the pool yesterday was embarrassing to watch.

He isn't clicking with either Joss or Trina.

I don't care whose son he is. Where's the drama in him being anyone's son on canvas? MAYBE if he is Lois and Sonny's but other than that, big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 367August 2, 2024 12:25 PM

R367 😆 Giolin never gets old. Though well-liked behind the scenes, it's not exactly translating onscreen, for many viewers aren't exactly impressed with him. Of course that's just going to make Frank push for him to be on more. Lois and Sonny having a secret hookup that produced him would've been an interesting idea, yet GH plays it Hallmark level safe the majority of the time, so I guess that would've been too taboo.

by Anonymousreply 368August 2, 2024 12:47 PM

Giolin busted a good load onto Frank’s face. He ain’t going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 369August 2, 2024 1:47 PM

Someone on X said that if Guza had written yesterday's episode Kristina and the baby would have both died and also landed on a couple of kids playing in the pool and killed them too.

by Anonymousreply 370August 2, 2024 2:23 PM

She tripped over a purse and fell through a window? How cheap are those windows? Next time I'm in Port Charles, I'm staying at the La Quinta.

by Anonymousreply 371August 2, 2024 2:36 PM

If Jill was producing, the dimly lit pool would have been blown up by a bomb.

by Anonymousreply 372August 2, 2024 3:13 PM

R365. Great insight. I was referring to though her first stint in 1983 is, under Jean Arley.

by Anonymousreply 373August 2, 2024 4:03 PM

I just saw a video of Evan and Tabyana arriving at a fan event. No way is he straight.

I don't know why I can't link. Either my devices are possessed or Muriel hates me.

The person's handle on X who posted the video is EmilinaB if anyone wants to check out what I'm talking about.

by Anonymousreply 374August 2, 2024 6:49 PM

Couldn't get the video to link but here's a photo. Although the video is more telling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375August 2, 2024 7:08 PM

Dog Rescue Event hosted by Mo and Vanessa Marcil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 2, 2024 7:10 PM

More like Dog pound. Even Marcil can't pretty up that assortment of crypt keepers.

by Anonymousreply 377August 2, 2024 7:14 PM

I can't believe Rena showed up in public looking like that.

by Anonymousreply 378August 2, 2024 7:24 PM

Based on today’s ep I’d like to congratulate Giolin on his brand-new Wikifeet listing.

by Anonymousreply 379August 2, 2024 7:32 PM

BLQ's orange outfit at the pool is hideous.

I hope the wardrobe department serves her her just deserts with every hideous outfit they can find. She's holding the character hostage with her personal agenda. BLQ should be a vixen fashionista conquering the business world like Q's before her and jumping in the sack with Chase at every opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 380August 2, 2024 7:33 PM

OK, I'm dumb. I'm not getting the "Giolin" joke.

by Anonymousreply 381August 2, 2024 7:36 PM

Who is the guy in the Stones shirt at R376? Looks like a nice sized love lump in those jeans.

by Anonymousreply 382August 2, 2024 9:28 PM

r382, I believe it's the actor who played Stone Cates.

by Anonymousreply 383August 2, 2024 9:34 PM

R382. Michael Sutton! Damn...I need that.

by Anonymousreply 384August 3, 2024 2:19 AM

R381. No worries, love! I think it's "Gio" plus "violin."

by Anonymousreply 385August 3, 2024 2:21 AM

It was peculiar that Kristina threatened to say on the stand that Ava killed Connie Falconieri and meddled with Morgan's medication. Was she an eyewitness to either? Whereas, she was a witness to Sonny beating Dex and threatening to kill him and Jason. Does she not know the word "inadmissable"? She's the daughter and sister of lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 386August 3, 2024 2:26 AM

Good Lord. Could Josslyn have let Kristina float face down any longer? Some lifeguard! A nepo hire if there ever was one!

by Anonymousreply 387August 3, 2024 2:30 AM

Evan is a gay indeed.

by Anonymousreply 388August 3, 2024 12:09 PM

If hard evidence of Hoffer's gayness is required, I offer to (give and) take one for the team.

by Anonymousreply 389August 3, 2024 5:02 PM

Jon Lindstrom, Alley Mills and Jeff Kober this weekend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390August 3, 2024 10:10 PM

Josh Kelly and Chloe Lanier with this super fan woman who poses with everyone and goes to every event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391August 3, 2024 10:53 PM

Josh.. looks a little rough.

by Anonymousreply 392August 3, 2024 10:56 PM

Becky's hair looks bad and she needs to eat a sandwich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393August 3, 2024 11:04 PM

Becky and Chloe Lanier both look like they should both eat a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 394August 3, 2024 11:13 PM

R394. For Christ's sake!!! It's "Ally"!

by Anonymousreply 395August 3, 2024 11:53 PM

Nancy Lee, I don't know how you have the time to play your scenes as Alexis, much less participate in GH and Santa Barbara weekends when you spend all your time on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 396August 4, 2024 12:09 AM

Nancy Lee is all over DataLounge. In virtually every thread. Yet less than 10% of DataLounge readers actually know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 397August 4, 2024 12:11 AM

Thank you, Lou.

by Anonymousreply 398August 4, 2024 12:12 AM

R397. I keep it mysterious, Louise.

by Anonymousreply 399August 4, 2024 12:22 AM

R393 Genie Francis looks awful in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 400August 4, 2024 1:05 AM

R391. I enjoy watching Josh on my screen but, in that photo, he looks like he smells. My God, it's an event. Use a hairbrush and put on shoes that don't look like they've been in the field all day. His thighs though look rather ample and can wrap around my neck any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 401August 4, 2024 1:51 AM

I kind of feel sorry for the actors at these GH fan club events. I see why they just throw on something and go. It has to be depressing hanging out at some airport hotel. At least the Days people are at Universal. And the actors at ComicCon are in a convention center and get a nice payday for their appearances.

by Anonymousreply 402August 4, 2024 2:00 AM

R403. Yes. That's no MetroCourt.

by Anonymousreply 403August 4, 2024 2:21 AM

You know... I liked Wes here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404August 4, 2024 2:25 AM

R393 Her weight goes up and down. She’s only 5’2” so losing 5lbs can look like 25lbs on her frame. Super tiny IRL. She’s been smaller before. I think her hair at these events look better than the helmet head they have her wear on the show. It really ages her. For some reason, Frank doesn’t want her to wear her natural curls.

by Anonymousreply 405August 4, 2024 2:42 AM

Evan and Gio look comfy.

Who is the guy in the cowboy hat? Is that Gregory Harrison sitting between Jeff Kober and Alley Mills?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406August 4, 2024 2:44 AM

Cowboy Hat plays the recurring role of Yuri, R406

He’s also Terri’s love interest.

by Anonymousreply 407August 4, 2024 2:46 AM

R407. That photo depresses me for some reason. Love Giolin spreading his legs though.

by Anonymousreply 408August 4, 2024 2:46 AM

r400, that's not Genie. It's that super fan that goes to all the events and has become besties with Cynthia.

by Anonymousreply 409August 4, 2024 2:55 AM

That super fan also has a really aggressive form of cancer. Cynthia reached out to her and they’ve become friends. Evan often reaches out to her as well.

by Anonymousreply 410August 4, 2024 2:57 AM

Nancy Lee Grahn's not in the group photo?

Must have been too busy posting on DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 411August 4, 2024 2:59 AM

Cynthia genuinely seems like a nice person. That's also nice of Evan.

by Anonymousreply 412August 4, 2024 3:04 AM

R385 Grazie mille!

by Anonymousreply 413August 4, 2024 3:21 AM

I often wonder if Frank forces them to attend. What’s the incentive? I doubt they get a nice check from it. It used to be a big deal years ago. They’d rent out lodges for the weekend and everything. Now they’re bringing out day players to show up for fans. Who cares about some new “Home and Heart” host??

by Anonymousreply 414August 4, 2024 3:24 AM

R411. I was at the Santa Barbara event. Please TRY to keep up!

by Anonymousreply 415August 4, 2024 3:31 AM

Nancy, is Lane well hung?

by Anonymousreply 416August 4, 2024 3:40 AM

R416. Well, as I divulged to that muscle bear Michael Fairman, Lane and I did sleep together...once. Does that answer your inquiry?

by Anonymousreply 417August 4, 2024 3:41 AM

Another World did an event, now Santa Barbara, and next year, they're doing Passions. I'm surprised more of the PG shows haven't jumped on this.

by Anonymousreply 418August 4, 2024 3:29 PM

Check this out:

I read the headline "spitting image of mom", looked at the photo, and it wasn't Sarah Joy Brown that came to mind. She looks more like Tamara to me.

Anybody else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419August 4, 2024 8:50 PM

Wish I could have been at the GH fan weekend to see Maurice.

He's my favorite. Deserves every Emmy he's gotten .

If Maurice ever leaves GH, I'll leave too.

by Anonymousreply 420August 4, 2024 9:58 PM

R420. Oh, Fran. Maurice will be wheeled out before quitting.

by Anonymousreply 421August 4, 2024 10:00 PM

I want Maurice inside me. Quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 422August 4, 2024 10:19 PM

You really don't. Those bipolars are exasperating.

by Anonymousreply 423August 5, 2024 12:18 AM

He’s exasperating on a screen. I can’t imagine in real life.

by Anonymousreply 424August 5, 2024 12:55 AM

[quote]He’s exasperating on a screen.

excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 425August 5, 2024 12:57 AM

He's a sexy beast.

by Anonymousreply 426August 5, 2024 12:58 AM

He's actually painful to watch. He thinks he's Marlon Brando in The Godfather, when his acting is really more like part of a bad high school production.

by Anonymousreply 427August 5, 2024 1:33 AM

When I'm watching him on screen, I entertain myself by betting on when he's going to glance at the teleprompter and try to make the movement of his head and eyes look like an "acting choice."

by Anonymousreply 428August 5, 2024 1:34 AM

R427. But, it's okay. Giolin and Dex Gayling are taking ACTING! lessons from Mo. You could tell with the hysterics on Giolin's face as Kristina plummeted into the pool and used HER baby as a flotation device. They are the great hope for GH's "future"!

by Anonymousreply 429August 5, 2024 1:58 AM

R250, it's the sure way to get old viewers back to sample the show -- return some familiar faces.

BUT ... they won't KEEP them there if the writing is horrible.

Y&R got Michelle Stafford back and gave Gina the boot but what has Phyllis done since then? Lived her lifelong dream of owning a hotel? Turned the clock back 30 years to harass Cricket over Danny? Yell and scream and yell and scream at Diane?

Stafford is electric on screen. she won the Emmy this year; she can spin &*(+ into gold but is this run anything to get excited about? It's just a lot of psychotic yelling.

by Anonymousreply 430August 5, 2024 2:46 AM

R373 Oh I see my apologies, I didn't know you were referring to her first stint. Erika Slezak is obviously revered, however that sounds like her to me, for Echo was primarily involved in the Viki/Clint saga back then, wasn't she? Ellen Holly R.I.P. had issues with Erika as well, right? There was an excerpt from Soap Opera Digest in the 80's, where Erika proclaimed, "There are no Blacks in Llanview" after Paul Rauch fired all their African-American actors (who didn't quit on their own). Since it was in print, it was difficult to read into her comment; couldn't tell if it was seen as a positive or a negative to Erika. Erika was also referenced as rushing back to OLTL earlier than expected after a maternity leave, for "temp Viki" Christine Jones apparently received a high amount of complimentary feedback, that many wanted her to stay on in the role.

Kim Zimmer likes to spill behind the scenes details, yet she sometimes leaves out names, similarly to her alluding to Beth Ehlers being difficult, previously mentioned over here. Although completely understandable legally for purposes of slander I suppose, playing guessing games isn't always everyone's cup of tea. Some would prefer nary a mention of behind the scenes gossip if there aren't any names dropped. She seemed to somewhat regret mentioning how she walked off the set of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," for she felt that Oprah "didn't know how to properly treat her guests" which led to Oprah apparently running after her to convince her to stay. The regret came in the form of Oprah's popularity skyrocketing, for she was concerned that Oprah's fans would come after her. She said it slightly in jest, although she still seemed somewhat aware of name dropping not always working out in one's favor.

by Anonymousreply 431August 5, 2024 11:47 AM

R376 Laura Wright showing up at Maurice and Vanessa's event was life imitating art, for that's something Carly would've done, crashing a Sonny and Brenda event. However, Laura and Vanessa didn't engage in the same histrionics at the event that they have when they worked together (on-screen and off-screen).

Interestingly enough, this was the second year in a row that LW skipped the main cast FCW event, though that's probably just another asskissing tactic on her part, for Frank is more of a fan of the Nashville events, which are moreso "his baby" and under his control (as opposed to the network/actors).

by Anonymousreply 432August 5, 2024 12:00 PM

R377 I'm inappropriately laughing at your comment.

by Anonymousreply 433August 5, 2024 12:08 PM

R384 Pretty successful real estate career after GH to boot.

by Anonymousreply 434August 5, 2024 12:14 PM

R385 Yes you're correct it's Gio + Violin 😂 but now I can't get past the high waisted Boleros 🤣

by Anonymousreply 435August 5, 2024 12:18 PM

R389 Exactly how much of "hard evidence" do you believe the youthful Mr. Evan Hofer is holding?

by Anonymousreply 436August 5, 2024 12:22 PM

Nancy Lee references here and around this site are hilarious

by Anonymousreply 437August 5, 2024 12:23 PM

R412 Cynthia is an incredible person, nothing like many of her characters. There used to be an old adage that the actresses who played heroines on soaps were actually bitchy in real life, while the ones who portrayed a villainess were actually really sweet. Of course there were exceptions to this rule, though it seemed to primarily ring true. Same for certain actors too.

by Anonymousreply 438August 5, 2024 12:30 PM

R414 From my understanding, Frank is actually not particularly a fan of FCW, for he's not in control of it, seeing how it predates him. He's more into the Graceland events they have now and prefers them over FCW. Supposed FCW will eventually fade out in favor of strictly the Nashville events.

The actors are actually paid a percentage of the net proceeds. Nancy Lee Grahn started organizing her own events as a way to have more insight into where the funds are alotted, referencing that she didn't think it was fair for the fans to pay and "not know exactly where their money is going."

by Anonymousreply 439August 5, 2024 12:42 PM

R419 I can see the resemblance to both Sarah and Tamara. Ironically enough, Sarah thought that herself, Tamara and Jennifer Bransford all bore a resemblance to each other, for she mentioned that when Jennifer was hired. LW looks vastly different than them.

by Anonymousreply 440August 5, 2024 12:48 PM

R420 R422 Maurice then....or now?

by Anonymousreply 441August 5, 2024 12:49 PM

R423 Sad but so true.

R424 He's pretty much the same. He wanted to actually murder his wife Paula in the early years of their marriage. When he had his breakdown this year, Paula and Joshua were away on a trip during its peak; when they returned, Maurice gave them a speech which left Joshua impressed with his dad's "monologue." Maurice is Sonny and Sonny is Maurice.

by Anonymousreply 442August 5, 2024 12:56 PM

R430 Excellent observations. What's also interesting about Michelle is that she's still obsessed with GH; she showed up at FCW (particularly the Greg Vaughan event featuring Ted King and Ignacio Serrichio) and as some have referenced here, she likes to mention GH on SM and keep inserting herself into Port Charles (like wondering where exactly is Ms. Wu, among other things) instead of focusing on Phyllis and Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 443August 5, 2024 1:03 PM

Previews For This Week:

Monday, August 5th, 2024

Dante voices his suspicions.

Ava is in the hot seat.

Molly has harsh words for Sonny.

Dex consoles Josslyn.

Natalia offers an ear to Blaze.

Tuesday, August 6th, 2024

A loved one visits Sonny in his time of need.

Anna makes an arrest.

Kristina's family prays for a miracle.

Jason pays a visit to Carly.

Kevin and Laura have cause to celebrate.

Wednesday, August 7th, 2024

Josslyn confides in Carly.

Jason rushes to the hospital.

Ava has new cause for concern.

Portia is hopeful.

Trina reiterates her loyalty.

Thursday, August 8th, 2024

Trina confronts Heather.

Alexis shoots Scott down.

Anna has a warning for Jagger.

Felicia offers her support.

Jason gives Ava a scare.

Friday, August 9th, 2024

Heather confides in Elizabeth.

Laura and Portia hash things out.

Michael seeks Willow's help.

Nina comes up with a plan.

A request leaves Sonny reeling.

by Anonymousreply 444August 5, 2024 1:13 PM

r442 he tried to WHAT his wife?

Can't he just get in a car during one of his breakdowns, pull a Reva Shayne and drive off a bridge?

by Anonymousreply 445August 5, 2024 1:49 PM

Other than playing Desi Arnaz that one time, why hasn't Maurice ever been able to translate his soap performance into work outside of daytime?

by Anonymousreply 446August 5, 2024 2:11 PM

Now, now, let's be fair. The reason why Maurice "wanted to murder his wife" was because of a bipolar episode. He wasn't plotting to kill Paula because she switched to Folger's crystals.

by Anonymousreply 447August 5, 2024 2:25 PM

R445 Yeah he was contemplating killing his wife through his manic episodes. Not an "I'm coming bud" reference lmao Kim Zimmer as a Reva Shayne type character on GH with Sonny in the same room would've taken turns out shouting each other.

Right R447 but by the Reva Shayne postpartum depression reference, pretty sure that it was thoroughly understood he wasn't in his right frame of mind. If not then yes, he was experiencing mania.

by Anonymousreply 448August 5, 2024 2:57 PM

R446 Good question. Over acting? Between his stint as Nico Kelly on AMC and Sonny, portraying Desi Arnaz was his big break (btw, when Frances Fisher guest started on GH, she didn't share any scenes with Maurice, did she?) He was so pissed that he quit GH from 1997-1998, hoping to make it big in prime-time/film, only to come right back to GH.

A short time ago, he filmed a project believe or not where some were mentioning it as possibly a breakout role for him, since he was supposedly pretty good. Even references of awards for him.

by Anonymousreply 449August 5, 2024 3:04 PM

[quote]when Frances Fisher guest started on GH, she didn't share any scenes with Maurice, did she?

Did I miss something? When did Frances Fisher ever appear on GH?

She did a few episodes of Days in 2010. But I can't find any references to her ever appearing on GH on IMDB or Wikipedia. .

by Anonymousreply 450August 5, 2024 5:54 PM

Frances Fisher = clown face

by Anonymousreply 451August 5, 2024 6:24 PM

Don't say bad things about my Debra Saxon.

by Anonymousreply 452August 5, 2024 6:27 PM

Are there any real-life romances amongst the older actors?

Finola and Jon Lindstrom are both single now...

by Anonymousreply 453August 5, 2024 7:35 PM

Gio busted a HUGE one over Frank’s face. Frank ate it up.

by Anonymousreply 454August 5, 2024 9:51 PM

r454

it's the other way around I'm sure

by Anonymousreply 455August 5, 2024 10:12 PM

Im curious why Jon and Cady broke up.

by Anonymousreply 456August 6, 2024 1:11 AM

R450 For some reason I remembered her doing a brief guest stint, though I can't find any record of it as well- guess I'm confusing it with her DOOL role, unless she mingled at the GH set and didn't play anyone, when this picture was taken:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457August 6, 2024 7:04 AM

R451 Oh wow 😁

by Anonymousreply 458August 6, 2024 7:05 AM

R456 They're saying it's nothing more than growing apart. Cady was spending a lot of time on the East Coast while Jon was filming in LA. Fan perspectives like to mention that Cady "is crazy" and keep a man, that she eventually drives them away.

by Anonymousreply 459August 6, 2024 7:15 AM

Cady "is crazy" and can't keep a man, according to some fan accounts. I remember her being linked to a lesbian (though she never actually confirmed that they were more than friends)

by Anonymousreply 460August 6, 2024 7:20 AM

There are some fans who didn't think that Kristina/TJ's baby would make it, since they couldn't see TPTB adding a biracial baby to the Corinthos family, comparing this situation to DOOL with Eric/Jada's baby and also Johnny/Chanel's baby, with TPTB not wanting to add any biracial babies to the Brady's/Marlena's bloodline.

by Anonymousreply 461August 6, 2024 7:27 AM

Julie Marie Berman is apparently not as easy to land as Jonathan Jackson; Emme Rylan wants back in, but the network/Frank are reportedly not interested, so looks like the search is back on for a brand "New Lulu" in Port Charles. Although unconfirmed, this article alludes to the casting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 6, 2024 7:42 AM

Jon got sick of Cady’s craziness. Cady is one whacko. Ask MEK.

by Anonymousreply 463August 6, 2024 10:44 AM

Alley Mills spilled that she didn't like how Patrick Mulcahey, her friend from B&B, was personally writing for Heather. Alley asked Patrick if he could change the lines and her told her no. Alley then went to her friend Chris Van Etten and asked him if he could change the lines; Chris gave Alley permission to change them herself, as she saw fit, if she didn't like Patrick's lines.

The actors changing lines of they weren't fans of particular writing was an issue that Ron had while he was there; Ron mentioned that "the monkeys are running the zoo" upon leaving GH.

by Anonymousreply 464August 6, 2024 11:22 AM

*Alley asked Patrick if he could change the lines and he told her no" at R464. Alley also stated that Heather has a "big story" that's in the works.

by Anonymousreply 465August 6, 2024 11:25 AM

Frank/the network are apparently interested in bringing Stephanie Gatschet onboard (ex-Tammy, GL; ex-Madison, AMC). Stephanie retired from acting awhile ago, however agreed to have some sort of meeting with Frank. If the role is for Lulu, she'll now play Laura Wright's cousin after playing her daughter on GL. They're supposedly looking for a "big name" for Lulu or a breakout star.

by Anonymousreply 466August 6, 2024 11:36 AM

When Lucky returns, he'll be in Africa (possibly missing).

by Anonymousreply 467August 6, 2024 11:40 AM

Possibly another actor from AMC on the way, though not any mention of exactly which actor (aside from Stephanie Gatschet, if she's even open to the idea of joining the cast)

by Anonymousreply 468August 6, 2024 11:44 AM

A possible wife for Jason is arriving, while Korte wants to proceed with Carly/Brennan (LW has received more positive feedback from her scenes with Charles Mesure than she has with SB) though it can turn into a quadrangle.

by Anonymousreply 469August 6, 2024 11:50 AM

Frank is reportedly dismayed with the negative reaction to Eva La Rue as Natalia that he wants a full reset of the character, if not an entirely new character. The "homophobe" and "stage mom" references aren't apparently sitting well.

by Anonymousreply 470August 6, 2024 11:52 AM

Didn't Cady show up at MEK's wedding to Catherine Hickland dressed in a black mourning outfit with veil? Or was that fanfiction? Or did she write about it in her book... Anyone remember this?

I think Stephanie Gatschet would be great and it sounds too good to be true.

Charles Mesure can have matronly Snarly. He had to recuse himself from X for fawning over her. Clearly he has bad taste.

I don't know how they can salvage Eva LaRue's character.

by Anonymousreply 471August 6, 2024 12:09 PM

Get rid of Eva and her fake titties.

by Anonymousreply 472August 6, 2024 1:09 PM

Trump is decompensating. Visually. Bigly. Isolated in MAL with guests who no doubt can see his frailty, only adds to his humiliation. His narrative is forced. His psychopathology - fiercely malignant. Everyone is against him. Pollsters are dishonest. His campaign team is incompetent. Kemp is disloyal. Vance is a terrible running mate. Why did Putin release those prisoners? He is paranoid and unable to sleep, leading to uneven energy and too many meds. He has no new anchor narrative to fall back on, only the same tired ones. Of all the narcissistic injuries he's suffered in the past few days, and there are many, three of them stand out: Harris having a bigger crowd than he did in the same exact building in Atlanta; Harris' choosing her running mate being the latest dominant news narrative that doesn't include or involve him; and the perception that he's a coward, afraid to debate Harris as was agreed. Even rallies are not working for him now. He keeps getting narcissistically pummeled, and he has no offsetting narcissistic placation. He's flailing. He's floundering. And he's terrified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473August 6, 2024 3:56 PM

Obviously the wrong thread 🤦‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 474August 6, 2024 3:57 PM

R473 Interesting read. They should write for GH 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 475August 6, 2024 4:28 PM

That Krazy Cuntessa Dumbatella says that Eva is out at GH. New writers canned her character.

by Anonymousreply 476August 6, 2024 4:44 PM

Who are the new writers?

by Anonymousreply 477August 6, 2024 4:49 PM

For those who haven't seen this already

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478August 6, 2024 5:23 PM

R471 I've never heard that about Cady McClain, but if that's true, I wonder what was her motivation for dressing in that manner.

by Anonymousreply 479August 6, 2024 5:25 PM

Rebecca Budig is apparently joining The Bold & The Beautiful

by Anonymousreply 480August 6, 2024 5:29 PM

R477 There's aren't any formal announcements yet.

by Anonymousreply 481August 6, 2024 5:30 PM

Chuck Pratt back in the building!

by Anonymousreply 482August 6, 2024 5:36 PM

Rebecca Budig cast as Taylor Hayes-Forrester 🤣 🤣 guess to capitalize on the AMC connection between and Thorsten

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 6, 2024 5:42 PM

Is the girl who plays Steffy going to get Budig fired the way she got the Krista fired? Also, I see that JJ still looks like he doesn’t shower.

by Anonymousreply 484August 6, 2024 5:54 PM

That is some serious DESORAS

by Anonymousreply 485August 6, 2024 5:57 PM

Krista Allen was great in the role. Even got an Emmy nod.

Must have been some serious bad blood between Jacqueline Wood and Krista. Wonder what the scoop is.

Can't really see Rebecca in this type of role. But hope she surprises me.

by Anonymousreply 486August 6, 2024 5:58 PM

JJ is so mangy looking, it's off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 487August 6, 2024 5:59 PM

According to social media JMW is a real piece of work. She would have fit right in at GH, if Frank had managed to poach her like he wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 488August 6, 2024 6:03 PM

Whaaaat, I didn't know about Krista Allen. I didn't watch her, but she seemed like a perfect fit. I simply can not picture Rebecca Budig as JMW's mother.

by Anonymousreply 489August 6, 2024 6:07 PM

Emme Rylan needs to gather some self-respect and stop commenting on the Lulu recasting.

by Anonymousreply 490August 6, 2024 6:39 PM

SONNY! JUMP! JUMP!

by Anonymousreply 491August 6, 2024 7:04 PM

LMAO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492August 6, 2024 7:18 PM

r490

she really does

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493August 6, 2024 7:19 PM

R484 🤣 🤣

by Anonymousreply 494August 6, 2024 7:19 PM

R485 Extremely 😆

by Anonymousreply 495August 6, 2024 7:20 PM

R486 Agreed. Krista was a pretty good recast for Hunter; Rebecca seems miscast however I'm willing to watch too.

by Anonymousreply 496August 6, 2024 7:26 PM

R488 As much of a piece of work as Jacqueline's described as being, Annika Noelle is usually complimented as more of "the nicer one" 😁

by Anonymousreply 497August 6, 2024 7:34 PM

R488 Also, Jacqueline at GH would've been a disaster waiting to happen behind the scenes. She might be cordial with many of the cast now, but actually working with them is a completely different story.

by Anonymousreply 498August 6, 2024 7:36 PM

R489 Right. Rebecca will now be in grandmother mode too with Steffy's two kids.

by Anonymousreply 499August 6, 2024 7:39 PM

What role would Jacqueline have played if she had come to GH?

She's 37 in real life. What parts are available in that age range? Kristina? Blaze? Sasha?

by Anonymousreply 500August 6, 2024 7:41 PM

R490 R492 😁 😁 that's because she thought she'd automatically get called back when they chose to recast.

by Anonymousreply 501August 6, 2024 7:42 PM

R500 Not exactly sure but Frank would've adjusted the budget to fit her in.

by Anonymousreply 502August 6, 2024 7:44 PM

Maybe Frank wanted Jacqueline to play Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 503August 6, 2024 8:08 PM

According to Twitter, she was Frank's first choice to play Kristina, but she would not leave B&B, and who could blame her? She's basically the star of the show, and BB actors get international residuals and free year-round flights to Europe.

Imaging JMW on the GH set... let's add gas to the dumpster fire already in progress.

by Anonymousreply 504August 6, 2024 8:12 PM

Plus she gets to wear designer hot pants suits on B&B.

by Anonymousreply 505August 6, 2024 8:21 PM

I remember Frank bringing back Jackie and giving Bobbie story in 2013.

Or was it even earlier?

Either way, if Jill or Bob had still been in charge of GH for its 50th, they would have probably done something foolish like killing Bobbie off -- strangled by one of her old Florida johns -- and called it a nod to history.

No, Frank's not the only producer who can balance a budget. But he's the only producer who is producing a show where it doesn't look like it's done on a shoestring. GH hasn't been this horrible in years; the whole Patrick hiring was a BIG misfire; It's going to take them the rest of the year to get the show back on track.

Who heard he's a big fan of Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 506August 6, 2024 8:23 PM

TV Insider is pointing out a resemblance between Celia Quartermaine and Sasha.

I've got to admit I see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507August 6, 2024 8:26 PM

R503 He'd probably want Annika to play Lulu now lol

by Anonymousreply 508August 6, 2024 8:27 PM

LW congratulating Rebecca Budig on X.

When did they become besties?

Or is it that LW can't pass up any opportunity on social media to insert herself?

by Anonymousreply 509August 6, 2024 8:48 PM

Laura Wright and Rebecca Buddig know each other from being on GL at the same time in the late 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 510August 6, 2024 9:22 PM

Thanks, r510. I didn't know. I never watched GL, have only watched GL clips on YT here and there and don't recall seeing RB.

My disdain for LW remains unchanged.

by Anonymousreply 511August 6, 2024 9:31 PM

Rebecca played Michelle Bauer on GL from November 1995 to November 1998.

Joie Lenz took over the part the very next day after Rebecca left the role. She had amazing chemistry with Paul Anthony Stewart, who play crime family scion Danny Santos (in GL's attempt to jump on the mob bandwagon GH started with Sonny).

by Anonymousreply 512August 6, 2024 9:36 PM

r506 Frank and Ron brought Jackie Zeman back as Jackie just before the 50th anniversary in 2013. Also brought back Tyler as Nikolas.

Guza and JFP had written Jackie out in 2010 and Tyler out in 2011.

They also brought back Laura, Scotty, Lucy and Kevin in the months leading up to the 50th.

I'm sure if Guza had been writing the 50th anniversary observance, it would have been something very dark and violent. Likely several deaths would have been involved. Bobbie would have been a possibility. But more likely Guza would have killed off Monica since he was determined to decimate the Qs.

As for JFP, she never seemed to understand the value in celebrating anniversaries and tends to ignore them. I think she ignored GH's 40th in 2003 and pretty much gave only passing mention to Y&R's 40th in 2013.

However, for OLTL's 30th in 1998, I think she had Viki and Dorian trapped somewhere together sharing memories and airing flashbacks. But likely that was the crew and/or writers who insisted on observing the anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 513August 6, 2024 9:49 PM

Finally catching up on episodes where Kristina fell out the window.

WTF was that red burlap sack with a belt that Brooklyn was wearing in those episodes?

It looked as unflattering as some of those Mumus they had Maxie wearing when Kirsten was at her maximum weight.

by Anonymousreply 514August 6, 2024 10:10 PM

R514. On costumes on GH are almost as bad as the writing. Especially when Dex and Giolin are wearing TOO MUCH of them.

by Anonymousreply 515August 6, 2024 10:16 PM

GH costumes are horrible. The costume designer desperately needs to be fired pronto!

by Anonymousreply 516August 6, 2024 10:19 PM

I doubt LW crossed paths much with Budig on GL (they had a short period of overlap) but they definitely would have crossed paths more during Budig's GH stints.

by Anonymousreply 517August 7, 2024 3:00 AM

R517 No R510 is right, they first became friendly while at GL. They worked there together for over a year (LW arrived in August 1997, onscreen, while RB quit the next year, onscreen until November 1998). When RB joined GH, LW was very excited; the two of them also attended a CBS industry party together (the only two stars there from ABC, iirc) sometime back in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 518August 7, 2024 10:20 AM

R511 Your disdain for Wright is justified and shared by many

by Anonymousreply 519August 7, 2024 10:25 AM

I've loathed "L Dubs" since her Loving days, but especially since her trashy mall chick level acting ruined GL.

by Anonymousreply 520August 7, 2024 2:02 PM

She ruined my favorite character now I detest Carly and not in a good way! How has she lasted this long with no chemistry with her co-stars??? Bring back SJb or Tb or even someone new in the role to reignite the tired writing?!!!

by Anonymousreply 521August 7, 2024 2:38 PM

Did Frank slash the Ozempic budget? LW must've gotten the new 'do to distract from the enormity of her hips (Jeans? Really?). She and Zimmer could definitely play sisters again now.

by Anonymousreply 522August 7, 2024 6:08 PM

The Patrick Mulcahey/Elizabeth Korte era is officially over; as of today's show, the new head writing team is Elizabeth Korte/Chris Van Etten, which should come as no surprise to anyone. Solo Korte was apparently a lie peddled by TPTB after the announcement of Korte/Van Etten almost immediately after the confirmation of Mulcahey being out.

by Anonymousreply 523August 7, 2024 6:40 PM

R520 Trashy mall chick level acting 😆😆

R521 That whole ass kissing got her far

R522 Definitely. She's Kim Zimmer lite lol

by Anonymousreply 524August 7, 2024 6:44 PM

What was the point of firing Chris Van Etten in the first place? Or was it the other guy they wanted to get rid of? GH makes my head hurt.

by Anonymousreply 525August 7, 2024 6:53 PM

R525 They make many heads hurt 🤕 😁 The network wanted to get rid of both, although moreso the other guy Dan O'Connor, for they were resetting the show, confirmed by Avery Pohl. Grandfathered in from OLTL, Chris and Dan weren't what the network wanted going forward, especially while they were away during the writers strike. Since they couldn't fire them then, they had to wait for them to return to get rid of them. Their Jason returns story was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back; the network chose Patrick Mulcahey, without consulting Frank first. Dan threatened to sue for wrongful termination; Chris had many advocates (Frank, Korte, Alley Mills, even Patrick Mulcahey himself, before they apparently fell out) that were instrumental in helping him get his job back.

by Anonymousreply 526August 7, 2024 7:26 PM

Good fucking riddance to that women hater Mulcahey! Stay retired this time! Don’t even THINK about going to The Gates!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 527August 7, 2024 7:26 PM

[quote]Their Jason returns story was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back;

Thanks goodness we didn't have to endure a back-from-the-dead Susan Moore controlling Jason, having him serve as her hit man.

by Anonymousreply 528August 7, 2024 7:31 PM

R515 we haven't seen Gio shirtless have we?

by Anonymousreply 529August 7, 2024 7:37 PM

Page Six is reminding Steve Burton his wife got pregnant by another man. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 530August 7, 2024 8:07 PM

R529. No we haven't. And I AM a dirty old man.

by Anonymousreply 531August 7, 2024 8:58 PM

He probably has to get bulked up first.

by Anonymousreply 532August 7, 2024 9:06 PM

Crazy how much Burton’s ex looks identical to Courtney actress! Oddly Jason has been a chemistry magnet and I even liked Journey! Why don’t they put that to good use now? Same goes for Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 533August 7, 2024 11:17 PM

R528 Yes that was the proposed story, with a brainwashed Morgan as a hitman too.

by Anonymousreply 534August 8, 2024 1:10 AM

R530 😁

R533 Well they weren't going to bring Courtney back for Jason (even though Alicia Leigh Willis was apparently receptive to the idea awhile back) nor pair him with Elizabeth or even Sam for that matter, since Laura Wright wanted him for Carly. However, she now wants Carly with Brennan; Carly and Jason are failing to generate much heat, with many on SM voicing their displeasure with the two of them as anything more than friends, citing a sibling vibe between the two. Carly and Brennan, however, have a fanbase that seems to want them together.

by Anonymousreply 535August 8, 2024 1:20 AM

They should have been fired for that story proposal. Susan Moore... from slutty, drunken waitress to mob boss. Please. What I'm really shocked by is they didn't reach out to Guza, who apparently, was available for work.

by Anonymousreply 536August 8, 2024 1:22 AM

Korte seems to want a Jason/Carly/Brennan triangle, since Jason/Carly is turning out to be as big of a flop as it was back when Carly was running the mob. Another woman for Jason might arrive to make it somewhat of a quadrangle.

by Anonymousreply 537August 8, 2024 1:24 AM

I really wish I understood why Jason and Elizabeth can't be a couple. Is there bad blood between the actors or something?

by Anonymousreply 538August 8, 2024 1:27 AM

R536 Susan Moore as a mob boss did seem to stem out of left field; Olivia Jerome was supposed to be involved as well. Not sure if they would've recast Liv or asked Tonja Walker back, for she seemed to be pretty salty about not being on more.

Guza was actually rumored to be under consideration; yet Guza and Frank would've clashed, much worse than Mulcahey and Frank. Frank would've had to have walking papers served to him if they would've brought Guza back. Remember Guza likes to also have EP power aside from hw.

by Anonymousreply 539August 8, 2024 1:34 AM

R538 There's bad blood though not between the actors- Rebecca Herbst gets along fine with Steve Burton. The bad blood is between HW Elizabeth Korte and the character of Elizabeth Webber; she can't stand her, so she's not going to pair her least favorite female character with Jason, who's her favorite male character.

by Anonymousreply 540August 8, 2024 1:36 AM

Guza is a very good storyteller. But his stories are so dark and violent. We suffered through a decade of ultra dark stories -- nobody refers to the 2000s as the glory days of GH.

Besides, even if they had offered HW to Guza, at the first of the year, his wife, Meg Bennett, was dying. So, he would not have been able to give GH is full attention.

by Anonymousreply 541August 8, 2024 1:46 AM

Guza wrote the original Nicholas Cassadine story, which I consider to be one of the best stories GH ever told. It was almost perfect.

by Anonymousreply 542August 8, 2024 1:51 AM

Guza's very first run 1996-97 was incredible. He brought in Carly, put Laura on trial for killing Damien Smith and reintroduced the Cassadines. But Guza also had Wendy Riche there to temper some of his darker story ideas.

Then Guza had to go off fulfill his contract to HW Sunset Beach. When he returned to GH about a year later, he and Riche were at each other's throats and the the storytelling suffered greatly.

Guza left again but came back in 2002 at the invitation of JFP, who along with Brian Frons, allowed him to indulge his very dark vision of Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 543August 8, 2024 2:08 AM

R543 Everything you've stated is absolutely true, although remember Karen Harris was the co-hw with him for his entire run in 1996 (March 1996-September 1996) while Angela Shapiro was also responsible for bringing him back in 2002 along with Jill Farren Phelps (Angela was on her way out while Brian was on his way in) though Brian kept him there as long as he could (Guza/Phelps/Frons all close from Santa Barbara days)

by Anonymousreply 544August 8, 2024 2:28 AM

I credit Wendy Riche for the glorious 90's. Guza is what drove me away.

by Anonymousreply 545August 8, 2024 2:33 AM

R512, I watched Rebeca and Joie as Michelle (justice for Rachel Miner!) but was in and out on Nancy St. Alban. The couple remained really popular, was Nancy any good, or was it the characters viewers loved so much?

by Anonymousreply 546August 8, 2024 3:01 AM

As I recall reading in one of the soap rags at the time, it was JFP and Guza who recommended Frons as the new head of ABC Daytime when Angela Shapiro left.

Their recommendation came from their experience working with Frons on Santa Barbara in the 1980s. Frons was the head of NBC Daytime at that point and was involved in the creation of SB in 1984.

by Anonymousreply 547August 8, 2024 3:24 AM

I unapologetically say that we need JFP and Chuck Pratt back at GH. At least stuff happened back then.

by Anonymousreply 548August 8, 2024 4:15 AM

Cathy Lepard has been promoted to Associate Head Writer.

by Anonymousreply 549August 8, 2024 4:26 AM

R545 Wendy Riche was a genius. She actually expressed interest in returning to GH years ago, but she was aware that Frank is basically there to stay.

by Anonymousreply 550August 8, 2024 4:28 AM

Wendy didn't actually contact them, I should say, but she seems open to the idea, if they were in the market for a new EP. However it's widely known that Frank is holding on to that spot.

by Anonymousreply 551August 8, 2024 4:30 AM

R546 Nancy St. Alban was mediocre, iirc, so it was more of your second option, it was the characters that the viewers loved so much. Paul Anthony Stewart and Joie Lenz catapulted Danny and Michelle into super couple status.

by Anonymousreply 552August 8, 2024 4:32 AM

There's an unconfirmed rumor about resetting to "classic couples" ala Sonny/Carly, Jason/Sam, Lucky/Liz, Lulu/Dante, Maxie/Spinelli, Lucy/Scott, etc.

by Anonymousreply 553August 8, 2024 4:36 AM

R547 All true

by Anonymousreply 554August 8, 2024 4:38 AM

R548 Many of their cast would love that. From what's being mentioned now, the majority of them are unhappy bts.

by Anonymousreply 555August 8, 2024 4:42 AM

Ironically, Frons fired both Guza and Phelps on his way out the door (to save GH from cancellation)

by Anonymousreply 556August 8, 2024 5:02 AM

I’m not a regular GH viewer, so please give me a little grace when I say:

Is it possible that Patrick Mulcahy quit abruptly because he found the homophobia story/Perez Hilton offensive?

I listened to the Daytime Confidential podcast today. The hosts, especially Luke Kerr, wailed about how backward and offensive that story has been. That made me think.

by Anonymousreply 557August 8, 2024 5:10 AM

[quote]Ironically, Frons fired both Guza and Phelps on his way out the door (to save GH from cancellation)

Frons fired JFP in December 2011, the day before he was fired himself.

However, Frons fired Guza in July 2011, with Garin Wolf taking over as HW. Then when Frank became EP, Ron took over as HW.

by Anonymousreply 558August 8, 2024 5:13 AM

R558 I'm fully aware of the timelines, however Nancy Lee, you're not always correct; ABC/Disney wanted to get out of the soap business entirely- they were planning on cancelling all three soaps in April of 2011. Frons tried to get them to save AMC and GH (he has already relocated AMC to LA towards the end of 2009/early 2010). When they absolutely refused to save AMC, they relented on GH- it was actually May 2011 when Frons fired Guza, as a way of showing ABC he was committed to repairing GH. Guza's last episode aired July 2011- it was Monday, July 25th, 2011 to be exact, with Garin Wolf's debut episode premiering on Tuesday, July 26th, 2011.

As for Jill Farren Phelps, technically Frons fired her shortly before December 1st, 2011- that was actually the first day Frank started as EP. December 1st was the day it was officially announced that she was out at ABC. Frons was confirmed out on December 2nd, 2011. Prospect Park initially hired Frank and Ron to helm OLTL; Frons countered their offer by offering Frank the EP position at GH. Originally, Frank wanted Lorraine Broderick as his HW at GH, not Ron. When Lorraine turned them down, Ron was immediately brought in instead. Frank started working on December 1st, 2011; Ron started working January 9th, 2012. Frank's first episode as EP aired on February 1st, 2012, while Ron's first episode as HW aired on February 21st, 2012.

by Anonymousreply 559August 8, 2024 5:49 AM

R557 There are discrepancies regarding Patrick's exit. Mulcahey apparently told one of his good friends that he quit, for he was being undermined behind-the-scenes (Valentini, Van Etten, Korte, some actors) yet there are others who believe he was actually fired. It is possible that of he did quit out of protest, that could be part of his reasoning- he wanted to do a big coming out story for Aiden; they even filmed a coming out scene between Aiden, Liz and Laura (with the previous Aiden, Enzo De'Angelis) yet it ended up on the cutting room floor.

by Anonymousreply 560August 8, 2024 5:56 AM

Thanks for the detailed timeline r559. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 561August 8, 2024 6:38 AM

Wendy did t know who Jessie Brewer was 😕

by Anonymousreply 562August 8, 2024 8:28 AM

Dena Higley supposedly came under consideration as the new hw, before deciding on Korte/Van Etten; not sure if it would've been Korte/Higley or Van Etten/Higley. While head writing at both OLTL & DOOL, she received mixed reviews.

by Anonymousreply 563August 8, 2024 2:45 PM

Dena was fired twice in favor of Ron, at OLTL in 2007 and at DOOL in 2016/2017.

by Anonymousreply 564August 8, 2024 2:52 PM

Erika Slezak famously said Dena Higley wrote events instead of storylines.

by Anonymousreply 565August 8, 2024 3:18 PM

R561 You're welcome

by Anonymousreply 566August 8, 2024 3:37 PM

R565

Didn’t she also say that she was the worst writer that 0LTL had?

by Anonymousreply 567August 8, 2024 3:45 PM

Does anyone really think that ABC is gonna hire 80-something Wendy Riche back? It’ll never happen.

by Anonymousreply 568August 8, 2024 3:49 PM

R506 Right, Frank is a huge fan of Y&R. Emme Rylan and Hayley Erin were both primarily hires because Frank was a fan of their work as Abby. Brianna Nicole Henry also had a brief role on Y&R as Esmeralda; then there's obviously his former bestie Michelle Stafford.

R513 That's true, she didn't really seem to be a fan of celebrating anniversaries. For the GH 40th anniversary, the big story revolved around a pregnant Carly in peril- Carly (then with child with Morgan) fell into ice water after rescuing Michael before he fell in. Sonny had to decide between saving Carly on their unborn child, since the medication she required could've possibly killed their baby.

I've heard that same story about her reluctantly giving in to the OLTL 35th anniversary. On a side note, not sure if it's widely known, but Jill was actually the (de facto) hw at OLTL from January 1999-September 1999 (after Pamela K. Long was no longer there and before Megan McTavish was brought into the fold)

by Anonymousreply 569August 8, 2024 4:00 PM

R565 Really she said that? Well Erika was known to not bite her tongue.

by Anonymousreply 570August 8, 2024 4:03 PM

R567 Wow 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 571August 8, 2024 4:06 PM

R568 Probably not but at 79 years old, she's still working and in her right state of mind. She looks fabulous too.

by Anonymousreply 572August 8, 2024 4:08 PM

I’ve mentioned this before, but I’m going to say it again:

I went to many GL canceling luncheons in 1990s. Jill Farren Phelps would sometimes dress in a security guard costume and stand vigil in front of the dais.

by Anonymousreply 573August 8, 2024 6:57 PM

R572 Wendy Riche is older than 79. She’s over 80. Wayyyyyy to old to produce a soap opera that wants the youngest audience possible.

by Anonymousreply 574August 8, 2024 8:06 PM

[quote]I went to many GL canceling luncheons in 1990s.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what exactly is a canceling luncheon?

by Anonymousreply 575August 8, 2024 8:43 PM

R575, I didn’t even notice that error/auto-correct. Apologies.

** Guiding Light Fan Club luncheons ***

by Anonymousreply 576August 8, 2024 8:50 PM

R574 Riche was born on January 8th, 1945. Therefore, she's 79.

by Anonymousreply 577August 8, 2024 9:02 PM

R440, what is with the constant “for” in your comments?

by Anonymousreply 578August 8, 2024 9:05 PM

R573 Vigil in front of the dais, is that the door? Dressed like a security guard, really? 🤣 🤣

by Anonymousreply 579August 8, 2024 9:05 PM

R578 For was only mentioned once in that post. Out of everything that's going on in the world, that's of most concern to you?

by Anonymousreply 580August 8, 2024 9:08 PM

R559, the firing - and re-hiring - of Becky Herbst and the unexpected reaction played a part in this too. ABC even demanded she make a statement asking her fans to stop protesting her firing but she refused. She mentioned how callous the entire situation was. She talked about this on the SOD podcast a few years back which was surprising since she’s notoriously quiet on bts at GH.

by Anonymousreply 581August 8, 2024 9:09 PM

Cuntessa Dumbasstella is fudging Wendy Riche’s birthday. Shaving a few years off her REAL age. Dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 582August 8, 2024 9:12 PM

There has to be a reason Valentini is still employed with these ratings.

by Anonymousreply 583August 8, 2024 9:13 PM

More like Korte is a Carly fan girl, R540 and wants the audience to know Jason is her property and belongs to her only. The Korte days often had the worst Jason and Carly dialogue. Korte completely changed their history before SBu left the last time. She basically erased Robin from Jason’s story and replaced her with Carly. It was nauseating to watch. Especially with Wright who is so obviously in love and completely obsessed with Burton IRL.

by Anonymousreply 584August 8, 2024 9:19 PM

R582 You're a POS. I'm not lying about Wendy Riche's age, nor am I the person you're constantly accusing me of being. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 585August 8, 2024 9:26 PM

R586 You think Frank is dicking down an ABC Executive? 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 586August 8, 2024 9:29 PM

That was meant for R583 at R586

by Anonymousreply 587August 8, 2024 9:29 PM

R581 Right, that caused a lot of problems as well. That took place January/February 2011, although it was still a big clusterfuck. Frons, Guza and Phelps all wanted Becky/Elizabeth out for different reasons; Frons was interested in having Rebecca Budig in as Elizabeth, since AMC was ending; Guza disliked the character, while Phelps was more interested in shoving Siobhan down everyone's throats (Becky's contract technically went to Siobhan actress Erin Chambers, since she received a multi-year contract deal as soon as Becky was fired). Phelps tried to save face after the fans essentially got Becky her job back (she had an unofficial offer to join DAYS, if GH hadn't taken her back, similar to their offer for her to play Abigail in 2016, when she went through tense contract negotiations)

by Anonymousreply 588August 8, 2024 9:38 PM

R584 It's actually a combination of both. Everything you're saying is fact, although Korte really can't stand Elizabeth either. She also isn't a fan of the Quartermaine's; not particularly fond of the Davis girls either (especially not Kristina, which Korte felt was a mistake to make Sonny the father).

by Anonymousreply 589August 8, 2024 9:43 PM

r585 the person you're talking to at r582 is our resident psycho soap troll, aka Spicen.

He seems to be on different meds now, because his ramblings are not quite so crazy.

Nonetheless, the best thing to do is to hit the Ignore button and all his postings will disappear. This becomes a much more pleasant thread when you do that. Likewise, all future soap threads will be much more pleasant because you won't see his psycho ramblings.

by Anonymousreply 590August 8, 2024 9:43 PM

R590 Thanks, appreciate that. Spicen, is that their actual name or a nickname given to them here?

by Anonymousreply 591August 8, 2024 9:45 PM

I believe Spicen is a name he used, or was given to him, from another soap board which eventually banned him.

He frequently rants and raves about the people on that board over here on DL.

Again, best thing to do is hit Ignore and his postings all vanish.

by Anonymousreply 592August 8, 2024 9:50 PM

R592 Duly noted. Thanks again.

by Anonymousreply 593August 8, 2024 9:52 PM

This thread is almost full. Here's a new one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 8, 2024 10:09 PM

Bajour!

by Anonymousreply 595August 8, 2024 10:31 PM

SNARL!

by Anonymousreply 596August 8, 2024 10:31 PM

Was that 20 on unleaded or premium?

by Anonymousreply 597August 8, 2024 10:32 PM

BUH

by Anonymousreply 598August 8, 2024 10:32 PM

BYE

by Anonymousreply 599August 8, 2024 10:32 PM

NOW

by Anonymousreply 600August 8, 2024 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!