Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Moonflower Murders' on PBS

Lesley Manville doing her thing. Will Tudor seems to be playing a gay character of sorts, what a surprise.

[quote]Moonflower Murders, based on the second installment in Anthony Horowitz’s adaptation of his bestselling Susan Ryeland/Atticus Pünd series, picks up in the aftermath of Magpie Murder’s riveting finale.

September 15th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2024 8:02 AM

Could someone please identify the hot actor at 1:13 for me? Can't find his name on IMDb and I need it now.

by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2024 1:53 PM

Leslie Manville is always so good.

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2024 5:01 PM

I'll watch and hope for the best but since the demise of FOYLE'S WAR, everything Anthony Horowitz has written has been very disappointing, including the first MOONFLOWER MURDERS (book and series). Well, the series started out great but really fell apart in its final episodes.

At least these series look to be produced stylishly and expensively and with great casts. Just wish the mysteries were smarter.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote]Leslie Manville is always so good.

So is LESLEY Manville.

by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2024 10:58 PM

Actually, though I love Lesley Manville she kinda stunk as Clara Zachanassian in a new Tony Kushner adaptation of THE VISIT a few years ago at the National. Part of her problem is she's just so tiny, she wasn't a very commanding presence onstage. Another problem was Kushner's dreadful adaption, which set the play in the 1950s in the American Rust Belt (why it premiered in London is beyond me).

by Anonymousreply 5July 18, 2024 12:12 AM

I just finished the Moonflower Murders audiobook and was glad to see the TV adaptation is out soon.

I enjoyed the book and TV version of Magpie Murders as well. In fact, the TV version arguably works even better, because each actor plays their equivalent character in both 'books'.

The concept is a little contrived, in order to make the 'book within a book' format work, but I think it works well. I really like how the Atticus Pund parts are clearly a nod to Agatha Christie (Poirot in particular). Campy and silly, but fun with it.

Like OP, I clocked Will Tudor is in it. Handsome guy.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2024 1:00 PM

I liked the first one. The mystery was just okay (the tell was handled clumsily) but the casting was superb and the intertwining of the book and the current day story was done really well.

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2024 4:32 PM

I wonder if Will Tudor will ever come out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2024 7:04 AM

R8 I suspect he's one of those people who's out to everyone he knows, but hasn't come out publicly as he's not massively well known. I don't think he's ever had a beard, has he?

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2024 8:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!