Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Morning Joe 4-- The Saga Continues...

Hosted by Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski and Willie Geist, the program features in-depth and informed discussions that help drive the day's current political conversation. The show attracts a wide variety of guests, including top newsmakers, Washington insiders, journalists, and cultural influencers, representing a diverse set of voices and opinions that provide keen insight and analysis around the day's biggest stories. Since its debut in 2007, the show has also covered major political events from the heart of the action, including presidential conventions and inaugurations.

Network: MSNBC

Executive producer: Alex Korson

Release: April 9, 2007 –; present

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534September 7, 2024 2:49 PM

Previous link: Morning Joe 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 17, 2024 12:21 PM

by Anonymousreply 2July 17, 2024 1:30 PM

And Morning Joe 3 is closed.

by Anonymousreply 3July 17, 2024 4:51 PM

Morning Joe @Morning_Joe 5h @JoeNB:

"The Democrats have to either fish or cut bait. If they can't drive Joe Biden from the race, they need to line up behind Joe Biden because there's no middle ground here... You're either united or your side loses. They've got to make decisions fast."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 17, 2024 4:53 PM

Lazy Democrats do not want to campaign hard with Joe. And history has shown that Democrats who run away from their candidate lose.

Bunch of dumb fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 5July 17, 2024 4:57 PM

R5, Joe is going to lose regardless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 17, 2024 5:48 PM

A brilliant move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 17, 2024 5:50 PM

Polls, more polls and Joe hadn't been allowed to campaign

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2024 6:47 PM

R8, try English.

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2024 7:09 PM

Joe has not been allowed to campaign as he is running the country, which all sniveling Democrats agree he is doing well,

Polls are bullshit ever since 2016.

Joe needs to run for office and fuck Congress.

by Anonymousreply 10July 17, 2024 7:28 PM

Of all people . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 17, 2024 7:29 PM

Plus, is any other Democrat prepared for the Anschluss of Republican Legislatures fucking up the vote certifications?

by Anonymousreply 12July 17, 2024 7:30 PM

The egos on these cable talking heads. Daring the gods at MSNBC to fuck with them. Oh, they'll fuck with you then they'll fire you.

Remember when Keith Olbermann was the king of MSNBC and everyone thought he would reign forever. Nope. Out. In comes Rachel to take his timeslot and his crown.

Ed Schultz at MSNBC: Bye, bye and then bye, bye for good.

Then we have O'Reilley at FOX, I believe he's been reduced to doing podcasts.

CNN is too long to list. What's Don Lemon up to lately?

There's an entire unemployment graveyard of former cable news hosts who have never been able to re-ascend to their previous heights. Joe and Mika are next.

by Anonymousreply 13July 17, 2024 7:33 PM

I have to admit that Trump and I have one trait in common. For all of those Democrats that are coming out and wanting Biden to step down I would SO want REVENGE and RETRIBUTION!!! Adam Schiff? The Asian guy this morning? On and on... It would be totally different if they gave their rational and logical reasons for their recommendations, but this "He's done a wonderful job! He is a GREAT president! But he needs to step down.", ain't gonna cut it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 17, 2024 7:38 PM

[quote] Polls are bullshit ever since 2016.

lol. Now they’re bullshit because they’re not saying what you want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 15July 17, 2024 7:44 PM

R14 = oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 16July 17, 2024 7:44 PM

Is Tiger MAGA?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 17, 2024 7:50 PM

Remember that twat in Kentucky running against McTurtle that refused to even say that she voted for Obama? Or Al Gore distancing himself from Clinton because *gasp* he ate Monica's pussy?

It didn't work out well for them. Embrace the incumbent is the best strategy. I'm ridin with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 18July 17, 2024 9:10 PM

I am also Ridin with Biden.

Who do these party elites think they are? Last time I check the voters are the ones who decide.

We need to be more like Republcans who actually stick together not tear each other apert, that's what they want. So to them I say:

Get in, Sit Down, Shut up, Hold on. The bus has left the school yard, if you don't like the driver, get off the bus. Let the rest of us ride to victory!

by Anonymousreply 19July 18, 2024 6:46 AM

I just can’t believe all these stupid, delusional Democratic “elites” (and their supporters) who think you can launch a brand new Presidential campaign and win in about 3 months. And that they’ll have the full support of the corporate media and red state legislators.

Let me give a sample of the unending headline/story we’ll see the minute they switch out Joe on the ticket:

“(Insert Red State)’s Secretary of State has lodged lawsuits against the Democratic Party for failing to follow election rules and say they’re not the ones disenfranchising voters since Biden was the legally selected candidate during the Democratic primaries which ended 4 months ago, before he stepped down,” etc. It’s going to be a TOTAL RAT FUCK and yet these idiots are indulging all the idealism and insecurities of a young Girl Scout troop. In a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. It’s ridiculous. Well done to the person in the corporate media who instigated this - they clearly saw an opening in the soft minds of so-called Democratic suppporters. And now they want to wait until Labour Day? I don’t think these people can be taken at face value. Schiff, etc. They are traitors to the party.

by Anonymousreply 20July 18, 2024 9:11 AM

Andy Kim yesterday was APPALLING. This “conversation” has been going on for three weeks!! And he’s like, “I would to have some special time with the President to have a conversation about the details of how they plan to win - and in the mean time, I’m going to continue to act in this destructive manner and ruin our chances of victory.” It was like, WTF? Over 14M Democratic voters have already had that conversation in the primary season! And these party elites are like, “Well, what say is more important.” And they don’t even realise that this is a conversation they should’ve had about 14 months ago!!

And most of them would say, “Well, we were cowed by the Biden campaign…” Yeah. That’s why they won. That’s the kind of metal it takes. Idiots.

They’ll be the demise of the party but will still say it was Biden’s fault. Seriously, these motherfuckers need to STFU this week and get back behind the candidate. It’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 21July 18, 2024 9:20 AM

*typos

by Anonymousreply 22July 18, 2024 9:21 AM

Joe and Mika are eulogizing Joe Biden this morning.

by Anonymousreply 23July 18, 2024 10:21 AM

I agree, R21. Where were these conversations and data (inside/outside/sideways) months ago? Who was lying and why? Now, this is my naivete but how are some down ticket candidates at risk of losing their seat if they have been doing their job and running good campaigns? I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS given what is happening and current events. But I'm the same one who can't believe that Lauren Boebert was able to win her seat given her performance and all that she has done.

by Anonymousreply 24July 18, 2024 10:47 AM

Hey Joe, I hear CNN is hiring. But Mika isn't part of the package.

by Anonymousreply 25July 18, 2024 11:48 AM

[quote] But I'm the same one who can't believe that Lauren Boebert was able to win her seat given her performance and all that she has done.

We live in a bubble in that we follow the dirty deeds of these assholes closely and are rightly disgusted. Your average voter is completely clueless and has vaguely heard of some of these politicians and/or they just vote for the Republican because "that's how they were raised". They have no clue of what their actual policies are or what bills they're voting on in Congress.

It's like when shitheads like Boebert show up for the ribbon cuttings in her district for infrastructure projects SHE VOTED AGAINST. And then there's very little media organizations to push back and call her a liar/hypocrite.

Most Americans are checked out, but they'll get a harsh wake up call if Trump and his brownshirts make a comeback. I think some did get a partial wakeup when SCROTUS overturned Roe. And there is starting to be more mainstream awareness of Project 2025, so that bodes well for November.

by Anonymousreply 26July 18, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote] Hey Joe, I hear CNN is hiring. But Mika isn't part of the package.

Mika can take her schtick to The LifeTime for Women channel, she is more happy talking about that than anything.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2024 2:00 AM

what the hell is wrong with mika today? she looks like she's had a few already. never seen her so messy and out of it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2024 1:24 PM

It's been a tough week fighting her own corporate boss.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2024 1:28 PM

joe fucked her stupid this morning i guess

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2024 1:31 PM

Corporate probably twisting the knife and made her show up to the studio instead of the one they have at their house.

Play corporate games, win corporate prizes.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2024 6:53 PM

[quote] what the hell is wrong with mika today?

I sent her the link to the Morning Joe thread on DL.

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2024 7:32 PM

Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, co-hosts of Morning Joe, have recently been caught up in a professional drama. Known for their dynamic on-air chemistry and engaging debates, the couple’s recent tensions have raised concerns about the impact on their show and its production. Now, fans are curious to know about what happened.

Here is everything to know about the drama between Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski on Morning Joe.

Tensions between Morning Joe co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski have reportedly reached a boiling point, prompting an emergency intervention from their network. According to a source who spoke with In Touch on July 18, the once lively banter between Scarborough and Brzezinski has become a significant source of tension on set.

The source told In Touch, “The bosses have been forced to intervene to correct course. Their couple’s banter has gone from adorable to annoying.” The source also noted that the on-set atmosphere has become so tense that “guests complain how uncomfortable they are on set when those two are fighting.”

The situation escalated notably after a heated exchange on June 27, as reported by Closer Weekly. During a discussion about President Joe Biden’s debate performance against Donald Trump, Brzezinski defended Biden which led to a heated exchange with Scarborough. Scarborough criticized Brzezinski for raising her voice. The argument left the production team on edge.

With the upcoming election intensifying the pressure, concerns have grown that Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski will “get worse.” The network is now concerned about their on-screen chemistry.

Earlier reports from In Touch revealed a notable on-air clash between Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough. This was when Brzezinski called out Scarborough for repeatedly interrupting her during their broadcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2024 8:13 PM

^ I've said all along that their relationship will end in a murder-suicide.

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2024 8:57 PM

R34 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2024 9:33 PM

Hmmmmm, is MSNBC planting these stories? I would not put it past them as part of the battle to terminate the show. Mika and Joe have always done that stuff on the air and no it was never charming.

by Anonymousreply 36July 20, 2024 11:57 PM

Mika & Joe probably have hate sex.

by Anonymousreply 37July 20, 2024 11:58 PM

What are the show’s ratings? I think the brass will use every tactic to cancel the show.

by Anonymousreply 38July 21, 2024 1:33 AM

I love how they both bitch about Florida yet live there and had a studio built their.

by Anonymousreply 39July 21, 2024 2:04 AM

Joy Reid is from Florida too.

by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2024 2:09 AM

[quote]Hmmmmm, is MSNBC planting these stories? I would not put it past them as part of the battle to terminate the show. Mika and Joe have always done that stuff on the air and no it was never charming.

I don't know about terminating the show because "Morning Joe" is a HUGE moneymaker, but I do believe that these stories are being planted by MSNBC management to generate even more interest in the show and to help get the heat off of NBC/MSNBC for pulling the show after the Trump shooting. And yes, I purposely did not use the words "assassination attempt" because this is still under investigation and as each day passes the whole episode is becoming more suspicious to me.

by Anonymousreply 41July 21, 2024 2:53 PM

r41, plausible for Comcast protecting Trump AND MJ.

by Anonymousreply 42July 21, 2024 3:42 PM

Well maybe Joe saved this marriage by deciding not to run.

by Anonymousreply 43July 21, 2024 9:16 PM

This is not really about Biden, it's about Morning Joe vs the network. There is a FEUD boiling behind the scenes.

Scarborough owns the show I think, he created it and pitched it to MSNBC, he's not just someone they hired. That said, people at the top on other networks who thought they were untouchable have been fired. Don Lemon, Tucker, etc.

by Anonymousreply 44July 21, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote]This is not really about Biden, it's about Morning Joe vs the network. There is a FEUD boiling behind the scenes.

I agree. But what could it be? I mean Joe sliced and diced Joe Biden after the debate. Is this something that he wanted to do and then the network agreed? It seems that after a MASSIVE backlash that the network received over that and Mika chastising him too, Joe S. pulled severely back. Was this against the network wishes? Then the network pulled his show after the shooting?

What's happening over there?

by Anonymousreply 45July 21, 2024 9:55 PM

We wont know till it's over. I say if there is another on air outburst from Joe to the network, it's big time shit hit the fan and we could see the show going down in spite of all the money it brings into MSNBC. Joe is NOT the only one there with a big ego.

by Anonymousreply 46July 21, 2024 10:04 PM

After today's events, Mika must be in a bunker somewhere in the fetal position.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2024 12:28 AM

[quote] After today's events, Mika must be in a bunker somewhere in the fetal position.

Oh Mika will be this is what I expected all along, women need to know their value!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2024 2:05 AM

Did Joe just say “shit?”

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2024 10:10 AM

[quote]What are the show’s ratings? I think the brass will use every tactic to cancel the show.

I thought MJ was one of the more watched shows on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2024 10:29 AM

Joey in the studio!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2024 10:52 AM

Scarborough is quite the annoying asshole. Seeing Zbigniew Brzezinski show up his ignorant ass was one of TV's finest moments.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2024 10:53 AM

Of course, Mika is wearing black today.

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2024 11:07 AM

My remote is programmed to change the channel immediately whenever that fraud Sharpton comes on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2024 11:52 AM

[quote]Did Joe just say “shit?”

Okay... I thought I heard that too. But it just couldn't be...

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2024 12:47 PM

What is it with Claire’s Joe Manchin love fest? Bitch, don’t you realize that troll asshole threw a monkey wrench in the Biden/Harris agenda at every turn? I wanted to throw something at the screen last night when she referred to him as “my good friend.”

by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2024 12:49 PM

Yeah... Claire is quickly NOT becoming my best friend regardless of the delicious goodies that she has on her kitchen counter. What is her problem?

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2024 12:52 PM

She couldn’t even beat Josh Hawley for crissakes!

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2024 1:06 PM

R55, He’s been saying it regularly lately.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2024 1:09 PM

R55, it is official. JoScar has officially moved from bullshit to shit.

It is a lovely thing.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2024 2:25 PM

Some hosts on Fox have also let a few shits fly.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2024 2:28 PM

r58, Hawley is a Plantation Candidate in a Plantation state, and he beat Claire before Dobbs.

This is why Lucas Kunce can beat the sniveling, elite, Seditionist.

Send Lucas some rations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2024 2:33 PM

R62, Is that pronounced “Cunts”?

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2024 2:37 PM

R62, I’ll send him $100.00 if he’ll send me a dick pic.

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2024 2:39 PM

R62, Yes, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2024 2:41 PM

r63, watch the video. Listen for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2024 2:42 PM

Lucas is 🔥. I hope he drop kicks that sissy boy with the pec implants.

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2024 2:43 PM

From Wikipedia:

Kunce graduated from Jefferson City High School in 2000 as the valedictorian of his class. He went on to attend Yale University on a Pell Grant, obtaining a Bachelor of Arts degree in classical civilization. Kunce graduated from Yale in 2004, and obtained a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Missouri School of Law.[4][6] He was admitted to the Missouri Bar on September 12, 2007.[7] In 2016, he received a Master of Laws degree from Columbia Law School.

He is my kind of Democrat, smart AND handsome.

Looking foreward to his debate with the Coward Seditionist.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2024 2:46 PM

Claire lives in old school politics.

Babe, welcome to 2024.

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2024 3:12 PM

I used to really like Claire but I think she's been out of politics too long. Now she's just another bloviating pundit.

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2024 3:29 PM

Missouri is a very conservative state Claire winning elections there was the anomaly, as much as Josh Hawley is hated here and by me, he is beloved in Missouri

Sorry for the fox link but it was the only poll I could find, you can see the result with out clicking on it. It was posted Jun 21, 2024

Hawley is leading Kunce 48.6% to 37.6%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2024 3:44 PM

[quote] In 2016, he received a Master of Laws degree from Columbia Law School.

I thought when one received their law degree that it already included the Masters and Doctorates? Isn't "JD" Doctor of Jurisprudence?

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2024 3:47 PM

[quote]as much as Josh Hawley is hated here and by me, he is beloved in Missouri

Why is that? What has he done for Missouri?

I found this via Wiki

[quote]As Missouri attorney general, Hawley initiated several high-profile lawsuits and investigations, including a lawsuit against the Affordable Care Act, an investigation into Missouri governor Eric Greitens, and a lawsuit and investigation into companies associated with the opioid epidemic. In the Senate, he became widely known for his criticism of Big Tech, as well as for his criticism of the Chinese government and his support for an independent Hong Kong. His political beliefs have been described as strongly socially conservative.[1] Critics have characterized his ideology as reactionary and theocratic.

This is enough?

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2024 3:51 PM

Hot as fuck Josh Hawley has nothing to worry about, he will win handily.

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2024 4:43 PM

R74 needs cataract surgery. 🥸

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2024 5:16 PM

Joy is wigless today. Just a trigger warning for the DL Klan grannies.

by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2024 11:22 PM

Joy has been wigless for almost a month now.

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2024 11:39 PM

^Either she's taking something, or some stylist finally got that little peach fuzz on the top of her head to grow a bit. It could be both. IMHO, this style and color is very becoming on her. I don't know who did her up yesterday but she looked gorgeous! I mean... did she have a makeup artist in the house or is one on call? She looked fabulous yesterday and I'm one to never really compliment her like that.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2024 11:54 PM

Joy's look is somewhat Jada-esque.

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2024 11:59 PM

Joy looks fabulous tonight too.

by Anonymousreply 80July 23, 2024 12:31 AM

“Kamala Harris’ office has had a staggering 91.5 percent turnover rate since she became vice president, an investigation from government watchdog organization Open The Books (OTB) revealed on Monday. Of the 47 staff members hired when Harris took office in 2021, only four reportedly remained in her employment as of March 2024.

The report comes as Biden’s X account announced he will “stand down” from his reelection campaign and “fully support” Harris as the new nominee. OTB utilized U.S. Senate disclosures to obtain records from the vice president’s office, including 2021 and 2024 payrolls.”

by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2024 12:43 PM

Just catching up with this thread and Mr. Kunce. Me likey!!

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2024 12:54 PM

Send Lucas Kunce some sugar on Act Blue.

Some motivation......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2024 1:08 PM

[quote]“Kamala Harris’ office has had a staggering 91.5 percent turnover rate since she became vice president, an investigation from government watchdog organization Open The Books (OTB) revealed on Monday. Of the 47 staff members hired when Harris took office in 2021, only four reportedly remained in her employment as of March 2024.

She can overcome this. Finding good help is difficult.

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2024 1:39 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2024 2:25 PM

Mmph... it appears as if Mara Gay of the NYT has regained her confidence ever since President Biden stepped aside. What a noticeable difference from a few weeks ago when she was visibly shaken by the loud public outrage and backlash against the publication because of its editorials. I suppose she feels vindicated given the current outcome. Personally, my view of the NYT is remains tarnished. IMHO, the newspaper treated President Biden badly and disrespectfully. It could have been handled differently.

While my level of distaste for the publication is nowhere near my distaste for that journalist (whose name I can't even remember now) who sooo aggressively, maliciously, and many times unfairly, went after Hillary Clinton, my view of the NYT is none-the-less tarnished.

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2024 2:55 PM

NYT is not going to redeem itself in my eyes any time soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2024 2:59 PM

[quote] my distaste for that journalist (whose name I can't even remember now) who sooo aggressively, maliciously, and many times unfairly, went after Hillary Clinton, my view of the NYT is none-the-less tarnished.

There were several. However, you must be noting Maureen Dowd, who has been quite vicious toward the Clintons for decades.

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2024 3:06 PM

r86, Mara Gay has nor regained confidence, she got cover for her biased coverage.

She may be a cunt, but she is a minority woman cunt.

No problems in the future.

by Anonymousreply 89July 23, 2024 3:42 PM

^ Don't forget me. I'm also a huge NYT cunt.

by Anonymousreply 90July 23, 2024 3:49 PM

Maggie, you were the one who caught a whiff of Trump's shit for the nation.

Your courthouse reporting placed you in HISTORY!

I reserve all comment on you.

by Anonymousreply 91July 23, 2024 4:49 PM

I have zero posters ignored but I don't see R74

R75 apparently sees R74 because he replied to it but it is just missing for me, like it is on ignore, which it isn't. I haven't had anyone or threads on ignore in ages.

by Anonymousreply 92July 23, 2024 4:56 PM

Same here r92

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2024 4:58 PM

r75 went on about how hot Josh Hawley is.

You missed nothing truthful.

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2024 5:03 PM

Want to Be Kamala Harris’ VP? Better Get Booked On MSNBC’s ‘Morning Joe’:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 23, 2024 5:23 PM

Kamala is in the lead in a new poll. YASSSSS!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 23, 2024 5:52 PM

Ignore the polls. Work like hell.

by Anonymousreply 97July 23, 2024 6:33 PM

The undecided Wisconsin voters they talked to this morning were idiots. One of them said she didn't think Kamala was smart. You try law school, lady.

by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2024 7:22 PM

I saw that R98, it was a room of fat fraus that sound more like the ones that need to go back and get their GED.

And lay off the fried butter on a stick while you are at it.

by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2024 7:26 PM

[quote]You try law school, lady.

What, like it’s hard?

by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2024 7:31 PM

I caught a minute of that focus group with the underbite girl Elise Jordan. When asked about Kamala's VP choice, they all were in agreement that no Democrat was up to the job.

Why are they interviewing these MAGA assholes anyway? Like they'd suddenly decide to vote for a Democrat. There aren't enough Sure, Jans in the galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 101July 24, 2024 7:48 PM

Are Bros Joe Scarborough & Willie Geist on their way to the Olympics?

Parisian Joe + Willie.

by Anonymousreply 102July 24, 2024 8:28 PM

When did Willie Geist's face morph into Frankenstein's? He used to be sort of handsome.

by Anonymousreply 103July 24, 2024 8:36 PM

You can bet Mika is going to be all over that Paris trip. Big write off if they film there too. "it was work" related.

by Anonymousreply 104July 24, 2024 8:39 PM

[quote]Why are they interviewing these MAGA assholes anyway?

Why are they not challenging them?

Anyone can ask follow-up questions without making the interviewee feel stupid or making them become hostile and/or threatened. This is how you get the facts out!

by Anonymousreply 105July 24, 2024 10:40 PM

Elise Jordan is trying to steal Sarah Longwell's shtick and Sarah does it much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 24, 2024 10:46 PM

Yeah, why didn't Elyse Jordan ask the Wisconsin frau who said Kamala "didn't do anything" as VP what she thought Mike Pence did in the same job? Or ask her to give any example of a VP doing something she admired? All of those Wiscon idiots spoke in ignorant and banal generalities that had no truth.

That entire segment was beyond pointless and frustrating. I hope MJ got a lot of angry calls and emails.

by Anonymousreply 107July 24, 2024 11:49 PM

[quote]All of those Wiscon idiots spoke in ignorant and banal generalities that had no truth.

They spoke in right-wing talking points. I mean... if you believe in what you believe then you should be able to defend your position. I recall years ago an interview with Amy Kremer and I believe the interviewer might have been Savannah Guthrie. Anyway, this woman went on and on about Obama not being born here and the journalist pushed back asking her what proof did she have and anything Kremer brought up was rebutted. Kremer just finally ended her rant with "I just don't believe he is a citizen and loves this country."

I could not find that particular clip but the link below is a similar example. Start at 1:14

These journalists simply do not challenge these right-wingers. They're part of the problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 25, 2024 12:02 AM

More of those Elise Jordan Wisconsin interviews in which even the "progressive" voters who support Kamala come off like uninformed idiots.

Well, at least they're voting for Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 109July 25, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote]More of those Elise Jordan Wisconsin interviews in which even the "progressive" voters who support Kamala come off like uninformed idiots.

Well, maybe we're the issue? We, here, are so engaged/consumed by politics and what is happening that we fail to realize how most Americans are not? In our defense, I don't understand how so many can be so disengaged.

by Anonymousreply 110July 25, 2024 1:50 PM

It has always been this way R110. Most Americans don't start paying attention to the election until September-October. And the Olympics going on for the next two weeks will get many average voters' attention. The momentum for Kamala needs to continue to explode so that by September, she has made a good impression with swing voters and with the Democrat's base.

by Anonymousreply 111July 25, 2024 2:29 PM

One of the group said that he didn't know enough about Kamala as if that was her fault.

They spoke of how they felt deprived of a proper Primary not realizing that dragging out the process would have only created dissension among the Dems.

This is why I call them uninformed idiots.

by Anonymousreply 112July 25, 2024 2:29 PM

So agree with you R112. These dolts were an embarrassment. Why does morning Joe continue to use Repug Elise Jordan to conduct these interviews?

by Anonymousreply 113July 25, 2024 4:21 PM

I wouldn't necessarily mind these interviewers if the interviewers challenged the dolts with a few follow-up questions

by Anonymousreply 114July 25, 2024 6:03 PM

Those obese MAGA women on the panel dream of Trump grabbing them by their pussies. With his tiny hands, he can slip much of his arm between the rolls.

by Anonymousreply 115July 25, 2024 8:13 PM

Lamiere running the show today. What a snooze fest.

by Anonymousreply 116July 26, 2024 11:13 AM

I'm late today and I need someone's help...

Did I just hear Symone Sanders ask somebody to confirm that the RNC had to send out a memo to its members to not to use racist language when talking about VP Harris???? Did I hear that correctly?

by Anonymousreply 117July 26, 2024 12:10 PM

The Kamala story was so exhausting this week, Joe and Mika couldn't drag themselves to work today.

by Anonymousreply 118July 26, 2024 12:13 PM

It wasn’t the RNC, R117, it was republican congressional leaders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 26, 2024 12:22 PM

Thanks, R119

I was unaware of this. This... This...

Mmph... I just have no words...

by Anonymousreply 120July 26, 2024 12:26 PM

How is the show able to limp along without Mika?

She carries most of the load, reading promoter to intro segments every half hour or so and sighing strategically.

Maybe she woke up all out of sighs?

by Anonymousreply 121July 26, 2024 12:26 PM

Elise Jordan needs to step up her game.

I get so tired of these so called average American focus group set up. As said above, many just repeat talking points and never challenged. Come on people, push back a little bit, you don't have to be ruthless or combative but the whole point of talking to real people is to have a real conversation not a renegotiation of talking points. It's a waste of everyone's time especially the viewers.

Some of them clearly lied just to be on TV. I watched one on CNN after the Repug debate about their opinion of Vance. Most gave his speech a B- to C+ but one woman gave it a straight A! Then she spewd expected talking about about America. She even call his speech inspiring. I thought she was about to stand up and wave a flag. She was that over the top once they called on her.

by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2024 12:48 PM

[quote] Willy looks like shit.

Wily looks like shit because he's outside in natural light. Studio lighting makes people look a lot younger and hides a LOT of flaws like wrinkles and bad skin.

What you see now with him out doors is close to how he really looks in person. Although, he's still wearing some makeup for the camera.

by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2024 12:58 PM

[quote]Wily looks like shit because he's outside in natural light. Studio lighting makes people look a lot younger and hides a LOT of flaws like wrinkles and bad skin.

In studio he uses a beauty lamp.

by Anonymousreply 124July 26, 2024 1:02 PM

Willie was the late night host for one of the Winter Ols a couple years ago, and had grown a beard and never looked hotter. Sorry, to me he;s likable when compared to dim Mika, her shawls and her sighs.

by Anonymousreply 125July 26, 2024 1:17 PM

How much does this program make? Just look at these salaries!

Mika earns a $10 million annual salary +bonus, Joe $6 million +$4 million bonus.

Willie’s net worth is approximately $14 million with an annual estimated salary of $5 million

by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2024 1:30 PM

Mika makes more than Joe????? He OWNS the show.

I do know after Joe and Mika got hitched, she wanted to add Scarborough to her professional name, and both Joe and her agent told her not to....because of the inevitable divorce.

by Anonymousreply 127July 26, 2024 1:52 PM

Did the outdoor lighting get rid of Willie’s noticeable gayvoice?

by Anonymousreply 128July 26, 2024 3:32 PM

He looks like he's growing a beard, so the facial stubble may have given some of you guys the impression that he looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 129July 26, 2024 4:14 PM

There is no way on this planet Mika makes more than Joe.

by Anonymousreply 130July 26, 2024 6:36 PM

If her salary is incorporated into their prenup, it is quite possible that Joe HAS to pay her more.

by Anonymousreply 131July 26, 2024 7:07 PM

Willie is at the Olympics and will be doing some reporting for MSNBC/NBC. Joe is there also, I understand.

by Anonymousreply 132July 26, 2024 7:10 PM

No way is Joe making that pittance amount compared to Mika. I think they even mentioned it once on the air about how she asked for more money at one point before they were a couple. He responded by saying he makes more because he's the creator of the show. They didn't get specific about amounts of course. I think she was going for 50/50 in terms of equal pay. Anyways, that numbers got to be wrong or it's leaving out some other financial marker like stock benefits or something that's not considered salary.

by Anonymousreply 133July 27, 2024 1:51 AM

Well... her salary is her salary plus bonus which isn't guaranteed. Joe's bonus is guaranteed plus his ownership of the show.

by Anonymousreply 134July 27, 2024 2:13 AM

I suppose I'm somewhat taken aback by these salaries because I live in a time warp. I remember (and know quite well) when CBS News brought over Katie Couric for $5M/year. To cover her salary CBS enacted layoffs, hiring freezes, and did not give raises. I don't think Couric even made a year for that payout. Then there was all the hoopla over at ABC News when they hired Barbara Walters for $1M/year.

$20-25M/year just for talent is a lot of money, IMHO. Then you have Rachel Maddow who is pulling down $20M/year. On and on... I just wonder how much the janitor and cleaning lady are being paid. Are they receiving a fair living wage?

by Anonymousreply 135July 27, 2024 11:45 AM

I just wonder how much the janitor and cleaning lady are being paid.

Get ready for Entertainment Star Salaries.

When the studios can pay hundreds of millions in cash and profit participation for a single MOVIE, I see the entire Evening Schedule on MSNBC (except for Aex) getting 50 million a year per hour slot.

by Anonymousreply 136July 27, 2024 1:48 PM

R135, Katie’s CBS salary was $15 million a year, not 5.

by Anonymousreply 137July 27, 2024 2:17 PM

[quote]If her salary is incorporated into their prenup, it is quite possible that Joe HAS to pay her more.

Nope, sorry, Mika was, is and will always be a supporting player. That's like saying Valerie Harper made more than Mary. Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 138July 27, 2024 3:20 PM

Townhouse???

How middle class...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 27, 2024 8:25 PM

Gee... I wonder who had to fight to get Secretary/Mayor Pete's FOX Sunday interview on "Morning Joe" this morning--nearly afternoon?

by Anonymousreply 140July 29, 2024 2:01 PM

r140, you a crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 141July 29, 2024 3:34 PM

I'm not sure of your meaning R141 but I was very disappointed in this morning's broadcast. Who produced that? For nearly 3.5 years we hear about some poll saying this or that about President Biden and/or the Democrats and how they are failing in some way that is closely by some snap poll to support MJ's position and reporting. But this morning? It came across to me that MJ was nearly as quiet as a church mouse. Okay... it can legitimately argued that negative stories about Trump and the Republicans were indeed covered elsewhere in the 4 hour time period but none of those stories were the lead.

Trump and the Republicans had a CATASTROPHIC weekend this past weekend and instead of MJ smelling the blood in the water and going after it, it seemed as if the panel and host had rather just wade in the water.

by Anonymousreply 142July 29, 2024 6:41 PM

[quote]Barbara Walters for $1M/year.

Barbara was special correspondent, she was never a full time 40 hr a week anchor women. Katie was day time entertainment show, not the same pull as late night news programs.

However I do think it was total bull shit that they could not afford 5 million and had to lay people off. That's probably just a bargaining tactic to make her look bad and feel guilty. Those show pull in something like 100 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 143July 29, 2024 7:36 PM

Does Claire McCaskill have a new curly hairstyle? Maybe it is a very different wig?

I know some people here know how to describe it.

by Anonymousreply 144July 30, 2024 2:10 AM

Where is Mika when she is needed? If there is a time that she and her "Know Your Value" programming is needed it's now! The way that Republicans are attacking Kamala's intelligence, the name calling (I'm waiting for one to just come out and call her a slut), just... pure sexism and misogyny, would be instrumental in rallying women.

No focus group from Elise Jordan with women and how they view and feel about all of the name calling?

by Anonymousreply 145July 30, 2024 10:15 AM

Why aren't attacks going towards Laura Ingraham? She has never birthed any children.

by Anonymousreply 146July 30, 2024 10:28 AM

Aw... how SWEET of that woman of the "Progressive" panel to comfort/understand the man who was embarrassed that he never considered two women on the ticket. I found her to be touching.

I would LOVE for Pete Buttigieg to be Kamala's running mate! I just feel the chemistry between the two. Pete is SO smart too! But, I equally like Josh Shapiro. There's chemistry between Kamala and him also. Unfortunately (and it troubles me to type this) I just don't think the country could handle a ticket with either one of them on it

by Anonymousreply 147July 30, 2024 10:42 AM

John Heilemann nailed it. Those Progressives were already gaming out past the election, not really a true sampling of average progressives. Like what would "America" want or who would help her campaign. Pete is getting a lot of attention lately, not a single one mentioned him. Also why are 6 of them when there were 12 people during the first round of conservatives?

by Anonymousreply 148July 30, 2024 10:51 AM

They put up picks of the possible VP pics, what is the difference between "being vetted" vs "under consideration"? The later only how two people, the two youngest of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 149July 30, 2024 10:53 AM

[quote]Pete is getting a lot of attention lately, not a single one mentioned him.

Which is why I was PISSED that MJ only mentioned Pete in the last 4 minutes of the 10:00 hour. Pete factually SLAYED FOX and Trump with that interview on Sunday. He took no prisoners because he mowed them all down. It did more than just go viral. It awakened a hell of a lot of viewers.

by Anonymousreply 150July 30, 2024 11:00 AM

Pete...

[quote]“I never thought Fox News would be a speciality of mine …. but it’s important to reach people where they are” - @PeteButtigieg re his #SlayerPete Fox appearances on @TheDailyShow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 30, 2024 11:12 AM

R150 +1.

It's almost as of the media is purposely down playing Pete. I sense a tinge of homophobia among the chatter class. If he were straight what all that youthful energy and political skill I bet he would not be so quickly dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 152July 30, 2024 11:12 AM

"We don't need the votes. I have all the votes I need"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 30, 2024 12:10 PM

^Another topic of which one would think that the MJ team would be picking up on...

by Anonymousreply 154July 30, 2024 12:16 PM

You think the media are downplaying Pete?

No. The press has pretty widely reported who is being vetted and under serious consideration, and he isn’t on either list.

by Anonymousreply 155July 30, 2024 6:47 PM

I know know what limited sources you are looking at R155, but Pete has been popping up on the short list of 5 or more. Maybe not the top 3 but he's still on the short list. Press pretty widely reported Hillary would win the election to and yet she lost. I would not take what the press says as a message from God.

by Anonymousreply 156July 30, 2024 7:32 PM

Another topic/issue for MJ

[quote]Project 2025 director leaving post; Trump campaign welcomes ‘demise’ of right-wing playbook

So, what! I don't believe them. Never forget the Supreme Court! "Fool me once..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 30, 2024 9:24 PM

OKAY! Now, maybe I'm late to this technique but I liked how MJ showed the Trump ad and then followed it by the Harris ad. It just came across to me as being fair and allowing the viewer to make a distinct comparison. On another note, Mark Kelly is a nice guy but... I feel no chemistry between him and Kamala. He just doesn't come across as "youthful" enough (for me) like a Josh Shapiro and a Pete Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 158July 31, 2024 10:56 AM

Oh please- The one on the left certainly sucks COCK 🍆

by Anonymousreply 159July 31, 2024 11:14 AM

I never heard Merrick Garland speak before. What a mousy little mumbler.

by Anonymousreply 160July 31, 2024 11:22 AM

I suppose I can include myself in this too, but do any men still wear leather dress shoes anymore? What were those things on Hakeem Jeffries feet? What has happened to wearing a nice pair of leather dress shoes when one is wearing a suit and tie? It seems as if men are only wearing some derivation of a sneaker and/or walking shoe.

by Anonymousreply 161July 31, 2024 11:43 AM

AHA! So, we now know that Kamala is choosing a sitting Governor and so goodbye Pete (SOBS!) and Mark Kelly!

by Anonymousreply 162July 31, 2024 1:08 PM

How do we know that, r162?

by Anonymousreply 163July 31, 2024 1:13 PM

Chris Matthews is thoroughly embarrassing himself right now.

by Anonymousreply 164July 31, 2024 1:14 PM

LeMire just reported that the Harris campaign has informed WallSt that if they are going to contribute to the campaign that they must do so by Sunday because there is some campaign law (or something like that) that says corporations can't contribute (or contributions are limited) to a sitting Governor.

[quote]Chris Matthews is thoroughly embarrassing himself right now.

Disagree. Chris is on FIRE! Did you hear him interrupt the Rev Al?

by Anonymousreply 165July 31, 2024 1:18 PM

Chris Mathews had no idea who Tim Walz is. I found that embarrassing for a supposedly informed news man spouting opinions about who Kamala should choose.

But yes, otherwise he was on fire and his huge enthusiasm was encouraging.

by Anonymousreply 166July 31, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote]Chris Mathews had no idea who Tim Walz is.

IMHO, Chris was speaking on behalf of people like me. I had never heard of Tim Walz but I grew to like him as I heard more from him. However, I am much more familiar with the other candidates. GEE... this was a TOUGH choice!!! I like(d) all of the candidates but Chris is right... Kamala needs someone who can hit hard at the Republicans. They have to be able to go in there hard like Mike Tyson and make that hit count, if not just score the knockout.

My guess is that it will be Josh Shapiro. Since the Republicans have nothing, they're going to go for the easy and disgusting attacks re sexism and bigotry and I now believe that with two...re Kamala being a woman, Black/Indian/Asian and Shapiro being Jewish... that it will only show what the Republicans are truly about. That's just my opinion. These attacks are not going to fly.

by Anonymousreply 167July 31, 2024 1:51 PM

Mmph...

HARRIS/SHAPIRO 2024!

The white supremacists are about to lose their minds...

by Anonymousreply 168July 31, 2024 2:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 31, 2024 2:23 PM

Except, r167, 5 days ago I also had no idea who Tim Walz was, but I educated myself but watching a lot of his videos and TV appearances, as well as all the other leading VP candidates.

Matthews came off like a true septuagenarian (octogenarian?), appearing as a supposed talking head who didn't have all the info. Yes, his passion for Kamala was indeed fantastic but he needs to be better informed and up to date on what's going on right now.

Btw, I'm 75. Staying informed is not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 170July 31, 2024 3:21 PM

[quote]Btw, I'm 75. Staying informed is not that hard.

Oh, yes it is when you're trying to do work, listen to "Morning Joe", do your French lessons, read/post on DL while looking for interesting images, all at the same time! Who has time to look at any extra videos?

by Anonymousreply 171July 31, 2024 3:41 PM

I should have said: Staying informed is not that hard if you're on DataLounge. It's all here, you know.....

by Anonymousreply 172July 31, 2024 8:29 PM

Matthews was playing the average Joe by saying he didn't know that guy. Read between the lines people. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 173July 31, 2024 9:29 PM

Okay... I guess I'm the only one, but...

In reference to the NABJ fiasco yesterday I want an answer. What was the specific cause for the half hour delay yesterday? Was it audio issues? Or, was it something else? Why has the media overlooked this issue?

Or... have I missed the answer?

by Anonymousreply 174August 1, 2024 10:44 AM

TISSUE! I NEED TISSUE!!!

[quote]Pete is LOVED. I'm never going to let anyone dismiss this brilliant, amazing man on the basis of who he loves. NEVER. This country is lucky to have the Buttigieg family. This country is lucky to have Pete. Never discount him. #HarrisButtigieg2024

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175August 1, 2024 10:50 AM

OH! How nice! MJ just ran an ad from some conservation group thanking President Joe Biden. I think many more groups should run such ads. VERY NICE!!!

by Anonymousreply 176August 1, 2024 12:02 PM

That man on the right in OP's linked image is ugly. Are you gurls all in love with him?

by Anonymousreply 177August 1, 2024 12:13 PM

Democrats for Reagan 1980.

Republicans for Harris 2024.

by Anonymousreply 178August 1, 2024 5:33 PM

Mmph... a call for Americans to boycott Russia...

I had never thought of that and then I did an AI search and this is what I found;

[quote]Yes, tourism is a significant part of Russia's economy, contributing over 5.3 trillion Russian rubles to the country's GDP in 2022. However, the ongoing war in Ukraine and Western sanctions have had a negative impact on tourism in Russia, leading to a decrease in inbound tourists. In 2022, only 200,100 foreigners visited Russia, a 96.1% drop from pre-pandemic levels. The European Union imposed restrictions on Russians traveling to Europe, and some countries, like Finland, Poland, and the Czech Republic, banned their citizens from traveling to Russia. These restrictions, along with closed airspace and the inability to use foreign-issued cards in Russia, have made travel more difficult for many foreigners. The decline in tourism has also affected other sectors of the economy that rely on it, such as hospitality and retail.

So a ban would have a crippling affect.

by Anonymousreply 179August 2, 2024 10:28 AM

CONGRATULATIONS to President Biden, the team, to all of us--except Russia and naysayers, for getting our people home. I'm glad MJ is pointing out those differences and the just awful behavior of Trump, Vance, and their supporters. In any event... to President Biden...

(CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!) (CLAP!!!) [standing ovation!)

Well done, Sir! Well done...

by Anonymousreply 180August 2, 2024 10:36 AM

CALL TO ACTIVISM @CalltoActivism 6h

This was actually the third time Biden rescued Americans hostages from the whims of a hostile Russian power.

The second was Brittney Griner.

The first was when he saved us all from Donald Trump on November 3, 2020.

by Anonymousreply 181August 2, 2024 11:01 AM

This Ronny Xin Yi Chieng guy on the Daily Show is QUITE funny! I have to listen to more of him.

by Anonymousreply 182August 2, 2024 1:34 PM

Fuck him, he's a hack. Cheap joke fucker.

Jordan Klepper is the only one who is a smart interviewer AND funny.

by Anonymousreply 183August 2, 2024 5:29 PM

FYI;

Largest daily point drops in DOW history:

2020-03-16 −2,997.10 TRUMP

2020-03-12 −2,352.06 TRUMP

2020-03-09 −2,013.76 TRUMP

2020-06-11 -1,861.82 TRUMP

2020-03-11 −1,464.94 TRUMP

2020-03-18 −1,338.46 TRUMP

2020-02-27 −1,190.95 TRUMP

2018-02-05 −1,175.21 TRUMP

2018-02-08 −1,032.89 TRUMP

2020-02-24 −1,031.61 TRUMP

2020-04-01 −973.65 TRUMP

2020-03-05 −969.58 TRUMP

2020-03-27 −915.39 TRUMP

2020-02-25 −879.44 TRUMP

2020-02-25 −879.44 TRUMP

2018-10-10 −831.83 TRUMP

2019-08-14 −800.49 TRUMP

2018-12-04 −799.36 TRUMP

2020-03-03 -785.91 TRUMP

At least Trump is #1 at something.

by Anonymousreply 184August 5, 2024 3:42 PM

They're baaaaaack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 5, 2024 3:54 PM

NEWS!

NewsWire @NewsWire_US 1h

Harris's shortlist for vice president has narrowed to Gov. Josh Shapiro and Gov. Tim Walz - Reuters

by Anonymousreply 186August 5, 2024 6:12 PM

Meanwhile, Trump just got a free Cyber Truck for a 22 year old Gen-Z influencer with Trump's pic on the side holding up his fist.

The dancing part is so cringe. But I though Dump was against electric vehicles, or right as long as they are from Elon then all is good.

by Anonymousreply 187August 5, 2024 11:15 PM

Daddy Joseph is back!!!

by Anonymousreply 188August 6, 2024 1:22 AM

Jane Fonda endorses Kamala Harris.

I suppose Lemire's glasses will be a permanent fixture? I think he looks great!

Nancy Pelosi's new book... "The Art of Power"? Ya think she is making a dig towards the author of "The Art of a Deal"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 6, 2024 10:55 AM

Mika looks sleepy this morning! What could keep her awake all night?

by Anonymousreply 190August 6, 2024 11:03 AM

Ohhhh... That Lisa Rubin gal really NEEDS her ends trimmed very badly!

by Anonymousreply 191August 6, 2024 11:06 AM

What happened to Molly Jung Fast ? She's been notably missing from the show the past few weeks (not that I'm complaining - I'm actually happy).

by Anonymousreply 192August 6, 2024 11:58 AM

She's been missing ever since she said on-air that the secret code that the unwashed are sending through the majority of these internet attacks are for more white people to have white children. She was receiving so many threats, etc that she shut down all of her social media accounts. Maybe she is afraid (after all, she has children) and/or has been advised to lay low for a spell.

Then again, she could just be on vacation!

by Anonymousreply 193August 6, 2024 12:09 PM

R192 she’s going on the road with Rick Wilson of The Lincoln Project.

They announced it on his podcast this morning. They didn’t share many details but it was clear it’s to drum up support for Harris and antagonize Trump.

by Anonymousreply 194August 6, 2024 12:31 PM

It's Tim Waltz!

by Anonymousreply 195August 6, 2024 1:04 PM

No, it's Tim Walz!!

by Anonymousreply 196August 6, 2024 1:09 PM

I'm a tad disappointed (really just a tad) because I was hoping for Shapiro but Walz is a great choice too!

NOW! Let's REALLY get to work!

by Anonymousreply 197August 6, 2024 1:09 PM

I’m kind of relieved because of all the sex and Gaza stuff I’ve been hearing about Shapiro, which I’m sure was a deciding factor. My only disappointment is that Shapiro would have been one hell of a debater, but now he’ll use his oratory gift to stump for Kamala in PA.

by Anonymousreply 198August 6, 2024 1:13 PM

TO THE WINDOW TO THE WALZ!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 6, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote]I’m kind of relieved because of all the sex and Gaza stuff I’ve been hearing about Shapiro, which I’m sure was a deciding factor.

I believe so too. That might have been the deciding factor and even if the campaign could have overcome it it's just easier to deal with no complications rather than even the slightest one. I like the fact that Walz was a teacher. I believe that he will connect with many people. IMHO, Shapiro is a fighter--a street fighter and a nasty one at that, if necessary, but Walz (from what I've seen of him) will be able to roll and get into the mud too but come out of a fight still very likable.

by Anonymousreply 200August 6, 2024 1:22 PM

Nancy P on right now, looking beautiful and extolling the virtues of all the VP candidates but especially TIM WALZ!

by Anonymousreply 201August 6, 2024 1:28 PM

[quote]Nancy P on right now, looking beautiful

I tell ya... that Paul Pelosi does a wonderful job putting her together every day!

by Anonymousreply 202August 6, 2024 1:30 PM

He's (Walz) going to be FABULOUS!!!

I tell ya... that Nancy. She knows exactly what she is doing. She drops her book (book tour) on the same day as the VP announcement and that isn't against VP Harris but to further distract Trump and the other unwashed. BUT THEN... an excerpt is read calling Trump STUPID!

HE WILL LOSE HIS MIND THIS MORNING!

...and Nancy knows this too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203August 6, 2024 1:41 PM

Mary L Trump @MaryLTrump 39m

Checkmate.

#HarrisWalz2024

by Anonymousreply 204August 6, 2024 1:44 PM

the left side - her left - of mika's part looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 205August 6, 2024 1:46 PM

How do you beat this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 6, 2024 1:46 PM

FYI:

Some of the policies Walz signed into law in Minnesota:

-Universal school meals

-Stronger labor protections

-Cannabis legalization

-Stronger LGBTQ+ protections

-paid leave/sick

-100% clean energy by 2030

-repro rights

-$1B for housing

-gun safety

-cut child poverty 1/3

by Anonymousreply 207August 6, 2024 1:52 PM

this is how sick america is - right now on morning joe this dweeb in the glasses says the big downside to walz is that he supports radical policy like free school lunches for kids. THE HORROR

by Anonymousreply 208August 6, 2024 1:57 PM

r208 for a nominally left leaning show to be wringing their hands about a no brainer centrist policy is proof the US is so far off the spectrum to the right that we're an example of mass psychosis or something

by Anonymousreply 209August 6, 2024 1:58 PM

Joe is acting like a big ass with his pouting about it not being Shapiro. He hates it when there is widespread positive response that does not go along with his preference. His ego is unchecked.

by Anonymousreply 210August 6, 2024 2:47 PM

The only drawback to Walz is that he is not an attorney. He breaks the chain.

by Anonymousreply 211August 6, 2024 3:05 PM

[quote]The only drawback to Walz is that he is not an attorney.

I think that works in his favor and that he was a teacher--a high school teacher at that. I so think that there will be many that will be able to identify with him. They say he hunts and fish too. Just more feathers in his cap.

by Anonymousreply 212August 6, 2024 4:28 PM

Could Josh Shapiro be appointed Kamala's Attorney General? Is that crazy?

by Anonymousreply 213August 6, 2024 4:40 PM

[quote]Could Josh Shapiro be appointed Kamala's Attorney General? Is that crazy?

No. but I want Jack!

by Anonymousreply 214August 6, 2024 4:42 PM

Mmph! Trump people already has an anti-Walz Ad out. Kamala must have a snitch in her camp...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 6, 2024 4:48 PM

I am still praying for a Sally Yates AG.

by Anonymousreply 216August 6, 2024 4:49 PM

^I can agree with that

by Anonymousreply 217August 6, 2024 4:52 PM

Sally Yates knows where all the deleted, hidden Trump investigations went.

by Anonymousreply 218August 6, 2024 4:55 PM

R215 moms for liberty candidates got blown the fuck out in school board elections across the country

by Anonymousreply 219August 6, 2024 5:10 PM

Tim Walz reminds me of Robert Pine of CHIPS, Chris Pine's dad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220August 6, 2024 5:30 PM

^Whoops, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 221August 6, 2024 5:31 PM

If that's the direction Trump is staying on at r215, he and Vance better prepare to get their asses handed to them.

That shit works with their moronic base but nobody else cares.

Pelosi but it best when she said either Trump is stupid, or he thinks we're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 222August 6, 2024 7:33 PM

what the hell is mika wearing

by Anonymousreply 223August 7, 2024 10:24 AM

Christ, how long does it take for Willie’s beard to grow?

by Anonymousreply 224August 7, 2024 10:57 AM

Some people will care about that ad who aren’t his base.

by Anonymousreply 225August 7, 2024 10:58 AM

Who styled Joe's hair this morning? It looks weird.

Mika's wig is not moving a bit! Or is it too much hairspray?

What's the story with the unshaven Willie Geist? Is he getting into mischief in old gay... Paree?

by Anonymousreply 226August 7, 2024 11:00 AM

OH! That looked like a lemon cake on the counter in Claire's kitchen! Now, I have a taste, and I want a slice of lemon cake.

by Anonymousreply 227August 7, 2024 11:08 AM

Lemire went through a style consultant. He finally has the right hair color (golden brown), right haircut (not flat on top), and the glasses were a nice touch. He looks younger? Laser facials?

by Anonymousreply 228August 7, 2024 11:26 AM

[quote]He looks younger?

I don't know if that is the look that he is going for, but to me, he seems to want a more professional and sophisticated look.

by Anonymousreply 229August 7, 2024 11:29 AM

Who knew that two little words could be so lifechanging?

"weird" and "joy"

It's taken Democrats this long to discover this message and these words? Pathetic...

by Anonymousreply 230August 7, 2024 11:32 AM

I’m not liking Donny’s new glasses.

by Anonymousreply 231August 7, 2024 11:39 AM

Daddy Joe Scarborough looks SEXY this morning.

by Anonymousreply 232August 7, 2024 11:49 AM

Morning Joe clutching his pearls is afraid to air the couch joke? It was broadcast to all of America on all major networks, no foul language somehow it's inappropriate for his show? Odd take since he has had more than a few nasty words slip out on his show live over the years. I though this was an actual news show not grandmas knitting group. A joke like that WILL go down in history no matter how much he tries to play it down. In fact it's a disservice to his viewers leaving them in the dark about it. If you cant play a joke made in a public speech by the future Vice President of the United States, you have issues about what's news worthy and what's your own provincial views on what you will let the views see considering it's not even something the sensors would bleep out.

by Anonymousreply 233August 7, 2024 12:12 PM

Maybe Joe will say Trump shit the couch?

Symone's big bald head needs one of those Men on Film tiny hats.

And get rid of the freaky claws.

by Anonymousreply 234August 7, 2024 12:19 PM

This will fall on deaf ears at DL, but it has to be said:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 7, 2024 12:24 PM

For those wondering where Molly Jong Fast is…

by Anonymousreply 236August 7, 2024 12:36 PM

They need to get Robert Pine out of retirement and get him on SNL as Walz!

by Anonymousreply 237August 7, 2024 12:36 PM

A joke is a joke R235, it does not have to be based on truth to be funny. In fact most jokes comedians tell are totally made up situations or characters anyways.

We are not playing that game of We go high BS. This is serious stuff and if we have to get in the mud to wrestle the pig for a while, then it's time to get dirty. Do you want to win this thing or would you rather get an award for best well behaved losing party? Those corporate Boomer media types who think their outdated views of the world still work are boarding on delusion.

by Anonymousreply 238August 7, 2024 12:41 PM

The couch fuck is in the first printed edition of Hillbilly Diarrhea. It was immediately removed for subsequent printings. Sorry, R235.

The only thing Vance left out was stuffing the glove with raw liver.

by Anonymousreply 239August 7, 2024 1:22 PM

[quote]We are not playing that game of We go high BS.

THANK YOU! As much as I love Michelle Obama, and that line is a good one and a great attitude to have... NOPE! Nuh-Uh! No, Ma'am! No, Sir!

The unwashed must be thrashed against the rocks, drenched, and twisted, until ALL the filth is gone.

by Anonymousreply 240August 7, 2024 2:31 PM

I agree R240. Michelle's line worked in the years before Trump, but no longer. We now need to fight the MAGAs fast and furious.

by Anonymousreply 241August 7, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote]The couch fuck is in the first printed edition of Hillbilly Diarrhea. It was immediately removed for subsequent printings. Sorry, [R235].

Sorry to you, R239.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 7, 2024 3:34 PM

Joe needs to drop the sour grapes over his boy Josh losing. Shapiro wanted to be president, not vice president, and I think that's what came through in their interview and why she ultimately realized he wouldn't be a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 243August 7, 2024 4:39 PM

According to Tim Miller:

Tim Miller @Timodc 3h

I wanted Josh I don’t think there’s evidence for this. Reporting indicates he was seen as a fellow lawyer who wanted to be a governing partner & hassled the vet team with qs and Tim Walz was a jolly “put me in coach” type with a more complementary vibe/bio. 1/

He was responding to John Pod... who tweeted this;

John Podhoretz @jpodhoretz 4h

Here's the thought experiment: Josh Shapiro is Josh Shapiro in every way except his name is Chris Gentile. Would she have picked Walz. You know she wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 244August 7, 2024 5:03 PM

R 244 No, I don't "know" that at all. Can you back it up in any way?

by Anonymousreply 245August 7, 2024 5:07 PM

R245 - Did you read R244? That's John Podhoretz's quote that Tim Miller is referencing. R244 is just putting their two quotes up there.

by Anonymousreply 246August 7, 2024 5:14 PM

No. I just saw the Tim Miller tweet. However, earlier I was hearing from different places that the problem with Shapiro was that he was a bit more "career oriented" than was comfortable. That could be true. Or, it could be the Harris campaign leaking a story (true or untrue) to put a stop to the Republican antisemitism scenario that they are trying to push before it gains any traction.

by Anonymousreply 247August 7, 2024 5:16 PM

More "inside" bull shi... crap. Now, I agree with Michael Steele here. Democrats are going to allow themselves to get all caught up in this nonsense and cause more problems for themselves. Scarborough never really explains his support for Josh Shapiro except that he believes he would easily carry PA. Okay, that's very important, but...

Why aren't Democrats pointing to and asking Republicans to justify their Jewish representation? Where are our Jewish citizens in the House of Representatives? The Senate? Have I missed something, but when did the Republicans nominate anyone of the Jewish faith to the Vice President and/or POTUS office. Heck! I can't even remember anyone who is Jewish running as a candidate for those two offices. I do recall (and so it was said) that John McCain really wanted Joe Lieberman as a running mate but was pressured out of it.

Michael Steele @MichaelSteele·12h

Damn, y’all (Dems) just can’t help yourselves. You must really enjoy finding things to pick at about each other. Typical inside DC post-decision BS. Take the win with the @GovTimWalz pick and STFU! #NotHelpful

Quote--Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche· 17h

A source familiar with the vetting process said the things that ultimately made Gov Walz beat out Sen Mark Kelly were that Kelly was not seen as loyal enough to Pres Biden both after his dismal debate performance and throughout his presidency on issues like immigration policy.

by Anonymousreply 248August 7, 2024 5:27 PM

I'm probably one of the very few that liked Gwen Walz's look last night. I thought it appropriate and effective! I totally forgot that she is a First Lady of a governing State, and she just came across to me as a normal housewife (or Librarian) that was in the kitchen cooking dinner for the family when a car suddenly arrived to whisk them away to PA. She didn't even have time to pack anything.

I think that a lot of people related to her look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 7, 2024 5:42 PM

Stop the second guessing reality show bullshit and deal with the actual reality of huge crowds in RURAL WISCONSIN!

by Anonymousreply 250August 7, 2024 7:06 PM

Shapiro's great. But if putting Shapiro on the ticket gets you Pennsylvania but loses you Michigan, then where are you? The election MUST be won. The Democrats have finally come to their senses about appealing to middle of the country people. I couldn't believe it in 2004 when they passed over Dick Gephardt in favor of John Kerry with his windsurfing off Nantucket and his town house on Louisburg Square. They kept it up with Hillary. Finally.

by Anonymousreply 251August 7, 2024 7:53 PM

Tim Walz and Josh Shapiro just flipped OHIO, but nobody was paying attention.

You are not supposed to, until end of September.

But every time you hear Western PA, think OHIO.

by Anonymousreply 252August 7, 2024 8:09 PM

Joe disappeared at 9am.

It’s literally his show, his name is in the title, but seems like Daddy is over it.

by Anonymousreply 253August 7, 2024 8:36 PM

Joe disappeared yesterday as well after none of his guests agreed with his pouting about Shapiro not being picked. He got perturbed this morning when he could not get his panel to agree with him about picking someone for ideology not because they may have a personality that resonates across segments of society. There was no guarantee that Shapiro would be the one to deliver Pennsylvania. If Shapiro wants a future in politics, he better damn well work his ass off to work with Kamala and Walz and their team to win the state. Walz has an excellent chance to gather everyday folks to the Democrats in Wisconsin, Michigan, rural Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia. Arizona is too looney to predict.

Joe Scarborough needs to grow up and realize he is not looked at as some Oracle of wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 254August 7, 2024 8:53 PM

[quote]Here's the thought experiment: Josh Shapiro is Josh Shapiro in every way except his name is Chris Gentile. Would she have picked Walz. You know she wouldn't.

Oh Please, she would have still picked Walz. She wanted a folksy VP not a lawyer with aspirations for her own job. Stop playing "Jews are always victims" if they don't get what you want. You weaken the meaning of real antisemitism when you over use it for every little thing you don't get in life.

by Anonymousreply 255August 7, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote]Joe Scarborough needs to grow up and realize he is not looked at as some Oracle of wisdom.

This needs to be repeated.

[bold]Joe Scarborough needs to grow up and realize he is not looked at as some Oracle of wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 256August 7, 2024 9:40 PM

I'm so tired of Scarborough's incessant hyperventilating. He had a lot to do with Trump's getting into the White House in the first place, and so he rants and raves nonstop for eight years.

by Anonymousreply 257August 7, 2024 9:40 PM

I feel sorry for Joe's guests. Dare they disagree with them, good lucking getting booked on the next show. But not Mika, she married that, they did not.

by Anonymousreply 258August 7, 2024 9:44 PM

“Who died and made you queen?”

by Anonymousreply 259August 7, 2024 9:45 PM

I tuned in this morning for the first time in a while, and Mika has definitely had a facelift, or at least an eye job since the last time I saw her.

by Anonymousreply 260August 7, 2024 9:53 PM

For a facelift or even an eye job, Mika would need at least 6 weeks (really 2 months) off to heal properly. When would that have happened?

by Anonymousreply 261August 7, 2024 9:58 PM

[quote]Joe Scarborough needs to grow up and realize he is not looked at as some Oracle of wisdom.

I'm quickly learning how many spoil sports adults there are! Remember that these people are raising children! Such sore losers. It's not just Joe Scarborough but Donny Deutsch and many, many, others too! Look... I'll be one of the first to agree that it is far past time for this country to elect a person who is of Jewish faith to high office. But I'd say the same thing about Asians, women, Indians, and others. However, unfortunately the reality of this country is that racism and antisemitism is deeply rooted into the fabric of this nation. Are we making progress in pulling these roots out? YES! But there is much more work to do!

This selection isn't about antisemitism. If reporting is accurate (and I believe it is) it's about Josh Shapiro's aggressive career path and demands/expectations. I can definitely believe that. It's no fault on him, it's his goal/objective. He isn't a team player and isn't enthusiastic about being number 2, but rather wants to be a partner. That's not how this works

The sore losers need to get over their soreness and move on so that we can win this thing!

by Anonymousreply 262August 7, 2024 10:17 PM

Scarborough's hyperventilating about the VP pick is irrelevant.

While I watch the first 60-90 minutes of Joe's show every morning, the bottom line is he's a conservative who's voting for the Democratic presidential nominee because he became a never Trumper. The Republican Party may have left him as he frequently says, but his values still align with old school conservatism.

MJ is his show and so naturally he's going to have long-winded opinions. But, poor baby, ultimately those opinions don't matter to those of us who are real Democrats.

Watching Walz's speech last night made me realize Harris made the right choice.

by Anonymousreply 263August 7, 2024 11:06 PM

[quote]But, poor baby, ultimately those opinions don't matter to those of us who are real Democrats.

It doesn't matter to what's left of the Republican party either.

Only he thinks it still does.

by Anonymousreply 264August 7, 2024 11:14 PM

I'm Mika's shawl.

by Anonymousreply 265August 8, 2024 12:35 AM

The alcoholic politicians don’t abundantly appear on Morning Joe. They are sleeping-in, some with hangovers.

Among those, politicians such as Lá Sénatrice, some will appear before the media later in the day with known “friendly” interviewers who only ask softball questions. Lá Sènatrice adored being chased by admiring reporters and TV anchor staff, scrambling to invite her for evening show tapings. She delivering sassy comments in the Capitol hallways and then skedaddling off to pretend she’s very busy, is so titillating for her.

No Lá Sénatrice available for Mika and Jonathan Lamire.

by Anonymousreply 266August 8, 2024 8:05 AM

Lucas Kunce is HOT ! Damn - where do these sexy midwestern candidates come from ?

by Anonymousreply 267August 8, 2024 11:36 AM

Mmm, I’m liking this Lucas Kunce…. I hope he beats the insane pussy Josh Hawley, no, check that, I hope he annihilates him in November!

by Anonymousreply 268August 8, 2024 11:37 AM

If he does beat Hawley, I will be giving him the official, obligatory congratulations blow-job. If he loses, I will do the same.

by Anonymousreply 269August 8, 2024 11:45 AM

So Joe is a no-show again today? Must be nice.

by Anonymousreply 270August 8, 2024 11:54 AM

r254 arguably it's better to have Shapiro just stump in PA for the next 90 days as opposed to traveling along with her, in terms of delivering the state

by Anonymousreply 271August 8, 2024 12:16 PM

Joe needs to show up for work tomorrow, and critique Trump’s nasty, rambling display today before handpicked reporters.at Mar-a-Lago. Joe could rattle Trump big time.

By not showing to work too frequently, Joe has missed a lot of opportune moments to rip into Trump with some fresh material.

by Anonymousreply 272August 9, 2024 12:39 AM

Joe was just on a vacay and got another day off.

These MSNBC hosts definitely do not like to work anymore.

by Anonymousreply 273August 9, 2024 12:43 AM

^Mika said that he was travelling on assignment.

by Anonymousreply 274August 9, 2024 1:00 AM

“traveling on assignment” is the new vacation day.

by Anonymousreply 275August 9, 2024 1:34 AM

Why would Joe be traveling on assignment. Is he a roving reporter, traveling to where Harris is holding rallies? Is he going down to Maralago personally, to interview Trump? Heading to Ukraine to interview Zelensky? I mean what could he possibly be doing?

by Anonymousreply 276August 9, 2024 1:56 AM

Here's a little trivia:

While he was anchoring the CBS EVENING NEWS (1962-81), Walter Cronkite owned a summer home in Edgartown, MA on the island of Martha's Vineyard (next door to Jackie Onassis). He had a yacht, and purposely named the yacht "Assignment", which he docked in Edgartown. He and his wife would go off and sail for days, up and down the New England coast (he loved sailing into Newport, RI and Block Island, RI). Whenever he took these vacations, the network would send out a press release covering his absence, just saying "Walter Cronkite is away this week, he's on assignment'. (Jackie O was a regular guest of his and his wife on his yacht in the summer).

Makes me wonder if Joe Scarborough bought his yacht when he died in 2009, and now he's 'on assignment'.

by Anonymousreply 277August 9, 2024 2:13 AM

Hey Joe, why not have Mara Gay from the NYT respond to this and ask when the NYT will be asking him to step down for the good of the Republican party? She had no problem doing it live in person when it was all about Biden.

[bold]Trump has DEMENTIA, there is no record of a helicopter going down with Mayor Willy Brown. It was a helicopter ride with then Gov JERRY Brown and Newsom touring the devastation from a wild fire. There was no emergency landing. His conversation with WILLY Brown about Kamala is entirely in his head since he was not even there.

by Anonymousreply 278August 9, 2024 5:06 AM

Joe works four days a week yet gets paid for seven including the weekend reruns.

by Anonymousreply 279August 9, 2024 8:35 AM

If it's Friday, it's Mika's day off.

by Anonymousreply 280August 9, 2024 10:03 AM

I always have to question my own objectiveness when I now hear a former Trumper come across as sane and rational. Scaramucci sounds and comes across as a sane and rational person. It wasn't like that when he was a Trumper. Or is it me?

by Anonymousreply 281August 9, 2024 11:17 AM

He is still a billionaire fast talker.

by Anonymousreply 282August 9, 2024 12:32 PM

At times when I used to watch, Mika would be out and Joe would say she was on assignment, which was bewildering.

by Anonymousreply 283August 9, 2024 3:26 PM

^I'm accustomed to him saying that she was in Paris. He doesn't do that much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 284August 9, 2024 3:43 PM

Did Joseph disappear at 9am?

by Anonymousreply 285August 9, 2024 5:13 PM

I remember the female staffers had their own tote board that listed the MANY days Mika would take off - this was before they moved to Florida. Mika once went on Instagram with a large glass of wine, complaining about commitment and that was shortly before she got Joe to the altar. I was always surprised he went ahead and married her given what a dingbat she is.

by Anonymousreply 286August 9, 2024 6:53 PM

[quote]I always have to question my own objectiveness when I now hear a former Trumper come across as sane and rational. Scaramucci sounds and comes across as a sane and rational person. It wasn't like that when he was a Trumper. Or is it me?

It's not you - he gave up 'the character' he played for ten days in the Trump admin. He said once before that it was a blessing to be fired, because the 'Trump' supporter he played for those ten days was not him, and it was tough to keep it going each day.

I remember when he left the administration, he later said Joy Behar was one of the first 'media people' to reach out to him on friendly terms. She invited him to dinner at her house that weekend, and told him she never bought that 'mooch' character he created for MAGA. After he left Trump, she said repeatedly that she believed he was a real nice guy, and nothing like what we saw on TV. He has appeared on 'The View' a number of times since 2016, and always shares his gratitude to Joy for her friendship. (They said once that she invites him and his wife to dinner at her house, and he and Joy do all the Italian cooking while the spouses sit back and laugh at them).

by Anonymousreply 287August 9, 2024 9:39 PM

We knew Mika prior to Morning Joe.

One year the Christmas card we got from her had a pic of her holding a bottle of Grey Goose (think that was the brand) while holding a mirror up to her face (an admission of the plastic surgery she’d had that year) while her hubby and daughters stood arrayed around her, playing patiently tolerant of their vain, spotlight-hog wife and mom.

That’s how she got her next job… someone on her Christmas card list was head of talent at NBC, I think it was.

It was mildly amusing but also narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 288August 9, 2024 10:28 PM

Is Mika a drinker????

by Anonymousreply 289August 9, 2024 11:55 PM

[quote]Scaramucci sounds and comes across as a sane and rational person. It wasn't like that when he was a Trumper. Or is it me?

It's not you, I noticed that too. He was really a douche for the 5 minutes he worked for Trump. Now he seems almost normal, but not quite. Remember, Trump fired him so he's trying to look good in the public eye. I suspect he really is that douchy guy we all saw when the cameras are off, just not for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 290August 10, 2024 8:49 AM

I would suspect all 3 of them drink, a lot. Although Willy is married with kids, probably not hanging out with those two as much these days. He used to play football so I would guess he takes care of himself, Mika too seems like she works out a lot. Joe is probably a couch potato.

by Anonymousreply 291August 10, 2024 8:55 AM

One thing for sure, glad MSNBC fired Tucker. I think Joe and Tucker had a show together, or maybe started out with Tucker, cant remember. Anyways, I can't even imagine what MJ would would be like if he was still there.

by Anonymousreply 292August 10, 2024 9:07 AM

Wow....

(I know that this is the MJ thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. However (I think that THIS is a conversation that MJ should have!)

Republicans against Trump @RpsAgainstTrump 20h

Fox Business host Charles Payne on Governor Tim Walz: “Did you know that he has zero investments? Zero, nothing, no investments at all. That tells you what he believes; he does not believe in capitalism."

Now, how low and desperate can FOX get? Just because Walz doesn't have investments it means that he doesn't believe in capitalism? WHAT? Maybe they should look at the past Democrat presidents. President Biden didn't have any real money until after he wrote his book about nearly 8 years ago. In fact, I believe that President Biden has a current debt of $800K. The Obamas never had any real money until President Obama wrote his books prior to entering the White House. They entered the White House with $5M cash which was all invested in treasury securities (no conflict of interests) in which they still placed in a blind trust. What is also never mentioned or not known, is that the Obamas paid for their White House renovations/redecoration out of their own pockets (with the government allotment) without trying to hit up the government for more money--very unlike the Trump administration--and not just Trump.

IMHO, the overwhelming majority of American people can relate/identify more closely with these type of people rather than Trump and the many other wealthy Republicans who have financial interests in many other types of investments and raises many issues of conflicts of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293August 10, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote]Now, how low and desperate can FOX get? Just because Walz doesn't have investments it means that he doesn't believe in capitalism?

Funny how rich people, capitalists, forget that they are balanced by LABOR.

And we know where the Obama/Biden/Harris/Walz ticket stands on LABOR.

Fuck Murdochs.

by Anonymousreply 294August 10, 2024 3:08 PM

Uh-Oh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295August 10, 2024 4:09 PM

Hah, the article claims they got involved only after their former marriages ended.

Not true.

by Anonymousreply 296August 10, 2024 4:19 PM

R291 They're both visibly drunk on the show often - at least to my eyes, as a former long time stealth alcoholic I feel like I have a good sense for when people are hiding their day drinking.

by Anonymousreply 297August 10, 2024 4:39 PM

Mika and Joe are basically this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 10, 2024 9:33 PM

Didnt they just sell the Florida house? How old is that article?

Mika is not going to relocate to FloriDU.

by Anonymousreply 299August 10, 2024 9:35 PM

^ See, R139

by Anonymousreply 300August 10, 2024 10:06 PM

Their 'wedding' and the Vanity Fair writer they invited to 'cover it' was so ego driven. They had that writer on MJ several times after it. Mika wore white. I think they had to bribe some of their kids to show up for the reception so all would look good. Yet, MJ ain't going nowhere. They know 'their value' - The Beltway loves them, they get great guests. I think most people watch for the day Mika bludgeons Joe on air.

by Anonymousreply 301August 11, 2024 2:00 AM

[quote]Poor Willie - not invited to the wedding

You say that like it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 302August 11, 2024 4:05 AM

He really wasnt invited to the wedding? Worked with him all those years? Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 303August 11, 2024 6:11 AM

R303 he wasn't. It was awkward when all 3 were together the first time afterward. Mika said something about Willie 'having to work' hosting his Sunday Morning show, lol. Mika has always resented Wille because was making more $$ than she was before she started screwing Joe.

by Anonymousreply 304August 11, 2024 9:54 AM

[quote][R303] he wasn't. It was awkward

Why would they invite the help?

Employer/Employee... Employee/Employer

by Anonymousreply 305August 11, 2024 10:03 AM

r299, Mika is no Lisa Douglas.

by Anonymousreply 306August 11, 2024 12:42 PM

[quote][R299], Mika is no Lisa Douglas.

"New York is where I want to stay.

I get allergic smelling hay.

I just adore a penthouse view.

Darling, I love you but give me Park Avenue.."

Hmm... I'd say she isn't far from Lisa Douglas...

BTW:

[quote]Vic Mizzy (1916 - 2009) composed and wrote the lyrics for the theme song to the 1960s sitcom Green Acres. Mizzy was an American composer for film and television, and also wrote songs that reached the top 20 in the 1930s and 1940s. He's also known for composing the theme song for The Addams Family, for which he also sang on the original recording.

by Anonymousreply 307August 11, 2024 1:03 PM

The wedding was attended by family and close friends.

Doesn’t sound like colleagues were included. Not awkward.

by Anonymousreply 308August 11, 2024 2:34 PM

R298 Your joke / analogy landed with a thud.

by Anonymousreply 309August 11, 2024 2:47 PM

[quote]Doesn’t sound like colleagues were included. Not awkward.

That's BS. Willie is just not some rando low level employee, his their main TEAM member. Remember the Boomer mantra "there is no I in TEAM". Those three are a team they all have contracts making millions of dollars, Willy is not a guest like all the other people who appear on there. I am sure those three go out together, eat dinner together, go to the same parties, and work together. Guarantee they have told him they consider him family in that fake corporate speak kind of way. I think it's just tacky they didn't invite him. To dismiss him as just a co-worker is quite insulting.

by Anonymousreply 310August 11, 2024 7:40 PM

Did any of the 6 ex-spouses show up?

by Anonymousreply 311August 11, 2024 7:42 PM

Oh, please R310

[quote] Guarantee they have told him they consider him family in that fake corporate speak kind of way.

Of course they have! That's just a feel-good line for the employee. It's meaningless to the employer. Unless Willie Geist has an equity ownership in MJ, then he is nothing more than a salaried employee. There are the "haves" and the "have nots" Willie Geist is a "have not".

[quote] Remember the Boomer mantra "there is no I in TEAM".

Mmph... similar to, "Money is the root of all evil". That's something that the Rockefellers tell the poor so that they will have no aspirations in becoming rich.

by Anonymousreply 312August 11, 2024 8:57 PM

[quote] I think it's just tacky they didn't invite him. To dismiss him as just a co-worker is quite insulting.

He's the help!

I don't know anyone who watches MJ simply because of Willie Geist. He is replaceable and if he isn't careful and look back over his shoulder every now then, Jonathan Lemire is ready to step-in. The new Lemire look isn't just because Lemire's taking more interest in himself. It's to be and get noticed!

by Anonymousreply 313August 11, 2024 9:11 PM

John Heilemann always brings the goods to MJ.

by Anonymousreply 314August 11, 2024 11:50 PM

Democrats just simply cannot fight! They can't remind the electorate about the following;

The only reason we have tax on tips is republicans. They passed it, Reagan signed it.

Democrats have tried over and over to remove it— and it’s blocked over and over by Republicans.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 315August 12, 2024 12:33 AM

We're fightin' now, r315!!

by Anonymousreply 316August 12, 2024 1:01 AM

but r315, now that the Supreme Court has hidden their bribing under receiving GRATUITIES and TIPS, Republicans are all for it.

by Anonymousreply 317August 12, 2024 1:34 AM

[quote] The only reason we have tax on tips is republicans.

Someone said earlier this week (it might have been Joy Reid) that servers really aren't effected by taxes on tips because the majority of them don't make enough to be taxed. They get refunds the following April.

Is this true ?

by Anonymousreply 318August 12, 2024 1:44 AM

NO, R318. If servers didn't get tips they wouldn't survive. The tips are everything, believe it. Think about the last time you went to dinner at a decent eatery. How much was the tip? Multiply that by the number of tables the server is running and the number of hours worked. Servers in a decent house MAKE BANK. They especially make great money when they work popular places that have customer after customer coming in all through their shift, like with any super popular sort of pricy chain in a busy tourist or business town. I was a server at a very popular lunch and dinner house that was always busy and I was making more money than my attorney boyfriend. I would come home with bags of cash. I'd throw it all in a closet and deal with it a couple of times a month. Thousands and thousands and thousands. It was wonderful. I liked to throw cash on my kingsize bed and jump into the pile. Very rewarding profession if you work the right establishment. They don't like to talk about how much they make because people would probably stop tipping so much. Wait staff in a good house make a fucking fortune.

by Anonymousreply 319August 12, 2024 6:02 AM

BTW & FYI (It's relevant)

Something is going on. Twitter is abnormally silent/quiet. I mean... the unwashed and/or foreign influencers, have posted zero to very, very, VERY, little-if that. It's so silent/quiet that I had to check if I was logged in and logged into my correct account. It's been like this since yesterday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 320August 12, 2024 10:18 AM

^It could be people taking a Twitter vow of silence because Apartheid Clyde (Musk) is about to do an interview with The Orange Vomitbag via X.

by Anonymousreply 321August 12, 2024 10:23 AM

^Mmph! That could be it, R321

by Anonymousreply 322August 12, 2024 10:26 AM

Okay... It's not being about pro-Palestinian or not, but why hasn't MJ had on PP protestors to interview them and SPECIFICALLY ask them why these protestors only appear only at Democratic events and not also at Republican events?

by Anonymousreply 323August 12, 2024 11:25 AM

WOWEE! This Caroline Wanga (Pres/CEO of Essence magazine) made a statement this morning!!!

(Linked: A sample of her style)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324August 12, 2024 12:27 PM

Interesting no Mika this morning, no mention of her being off. Willis's back. I wonder if she's gone for good? The tension yesterday was Mach One.

by Anonymousreply 325August 13, 2024 10:17 AM

David French could not vote for Harris because he is a conservative? Mmph... nice show of contrast given by Joe this morning.

Could someone help me and direct me properly to where I can go read about "What is Conservatism"? I really have no idea of what that is and means anymore.

by Anonymousreply 326August 13, 2024 10:33 AM

[quote]Conservatism is a cultural, social, and political philosophy and ideology that seeks to promote and preserve traditional institutions, customs, and values. The central tenets of conservatism may vary in relation to the culture and civilisation in which it appears.

[quote]American conservatives tend to support Christian values, moral absolutism, traditional family values, and American exceptionalism, while opposing abortion, euthanasia, and LGBT rights. They tend to favor economic liberalism, and are generally pro-business and pro-capitalism, while opposing communism and labor unions.

7 Core Principles of Conservatism

Individual Freedom. The birth of our great nation was inspired by the bold declaration that our individual,God-given liberties should be preserved against government intrusion. ...

Limited Government. ...

The Rule of Law. ...

Peace through Strength. ...

Fiscal Responsibility. ...

Free Markets. ...

Human Dignity.

by Anonymousreply 327August 13, 2024 11:28 AM

Joe Scarborough @JoeNBC·1h

We balanced the budget 4 years in a row in the 1990s. That’s the only time that happened in over a century. For the last 20 years, deficits and debt have exploded, especially under Republican presidents. See this chart comparing deficits under Obama (Blue) and Trump (Red).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328August 13, 2024 11:33 AM

Willie loves saying PEA COCK.

by Anonymousreply 329August 13, 2024 12:12 PM

[quote]Limited Government

That kills me. What Conservatives mean with Limited Government is WE DON'T SPEND MONEY ON THE SOCIAL SAFETY NET.

No Social Security, no ObamaCare, no Medicare, no Medicaid. And it extends to any program that Republicans do not want to pay for, like the National Institute for Health. Any money spent on regular Americans is an ANATHEMA to Republicans.

Fuck Limited Government.

by Anonymousreply 330August 13, 2024 1:11 PM

My Trumpeter sister in-law said she does not watch Morning Joe, because it's all liberals. When I pushed back and said Joe was a Republican her answer was maybe at one point but she is not going to watch a show like that. She could not name anyone on the show, didnt even know who Mika was.

So there you go Joe, your little rants to wake up the remaining Republicans are not listening or even watching the show.

On a side note, when I brought up that Fox News was settled a lawsuit for 787 million dollar for lying to the pubic, she had never even heard of it, and her response was well, all media lies.

by Anonymousreply 331August 14, 2024 4:10 PM

If she was *my* sister, r331...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332August 14, 2024 4:26 PM

Thanks R332, I needed that. She was not my sister, she was my partner's sister so I was trying to refrain from an all out argument. But damn she was bouncing all over different topics about Trump like that I could not sleet that night. Funny thing is, she and my partner were arguing about it in the morning too.

by Anonymousreply 333August 14, 2024 4:31 PM

[quote]On a side note, when I brought up that Fox News was settled a lawsuit for 787 million dollar for lying to the pubic, she had never even heard of it.

I believe her. The conservative news channels and media sites did NOT report on this at all (especially not FOX) so if she's tuned into those stations, she's not hearing anything.

by Anonymousreply 334August 14, 2024 9:23 PM

Yeah R334, I get that, but this bitch claims she's "smart and open to the truth" and had turned the channel to see what the other side is saying. Obviously she's lying. Which pisses me off even more because I actually do turn to Fox to see the lies they are spreading.

by Anonymousreply 335August 14, 2024 9:47 PM

Love me some Joseph Scarborough.

by Anonymousreply 336August 15, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote]didnt even know who Mika was

Hee-hee

by Anonymousreply 337August 15, 2024 2:34 AM

[quote] I was always surprised he went ahead and married her given what a dingbat she is.

Do you know who Mika's father was? Joe gravitated toward Mika's father's political clout. They were to be THE DC power couple. Now they just do banter tv

Zbigniew Brzezinski, who served as a counselor to President Lyndon B. Johnson and as the National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter.

by Anonymousreply 338August 15, 2024 3:44 AM

I know who Mika's father was. I mean - would ANYONE have hired her without that last name? She's a step below Ashleigh Banfield. If Joe thought he was hitching himself to a fami;y that would validate him, lol. Zbig hated him and blamed him for ruining Mika's family. I love when they have her diplomat brother on, and the littlle smirk on her face when he's introduced.

by Anonymousreply 339August 15, 2024 9:30 AM

Joe was using Mika as much as Mika using Joe. Purely a transactional relationship.

by Anonymousreply 340August 15, 2024 9:43 AM

If it's Thursday, it's Joe's day off.

by Anonymousreply 341August 15, 2024 10:04 AM

It was probably lust at first sight for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 342August 15, 2024 10:38 AM

Wow...

Symone Sanders' lashes are so long! How can she even lift her eyelids?

by Anonymousreply 343August 15, 2024 10:51 AM

My apologies to whoever but this made me laugh...

[quote] Health Issues: Frank Luntz has experienced multiple strokes, which he has openly discussed in several interviews. The first occurred on January 10, 2020, followed by a second on April 17, 2023. Despite these challenges, he has consistently recovered and remained active in public analysis and media appearances. He has stated that he believes that stress over not forcefully speaking out enough against former president Donald Trump is responsible for the life-threatening health consequences he has endured.

????

LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 344August 15, 2024 11:40 AM

Speaking of Banfield, has anyone seen her lately ? With all the cosmetic surgery she has had plus all the make-up she wears, she looks like 66 year old Maureen McCormick. Can't tell the two of them apart.

by Anonymousreply 345August 15, 2024 11:50 AM

^So much promise that only seem to fizzle out. Her career reminds me a bit of Thalia Assuras--although Assuras's career is much further down in the toilet. I believe that these personalities allowed their egos to get the best of them and therefore suffered from the consequences. Does anyone else remember Aaron Brown?

Uh-huh... thought so.

by Anonymousreply 346August 15, 2024 12:00 PM

How does one pronounce Zbigniew?

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 347August 15, 2024 12:59 PM

OH! Mo'Nique has a job in this new NetFlix film "Deliverance". Kudos to Lee Daniels for trying to make things right. Who is the actress that looks a lot like Bette Miller (well, to me anyway) but isn't?

by Anonymousreply 348August 15, 2024 1:37 PM

r346 I thought it was Nicolle Wallace when I saw her recently. No glasses, long hair.

by Anonymousreply 349August 15, 2024 2:16 PM

[quote]Who is the actress that looks a lot like Bette Miller (well, to me anyway) but isn't?

THAT WAS GLENN CLOSE!?! WOW...

by Anonymousreply 350August 15, 2024 2:27 PM

r347, Zzzzzz'BigNew.

by Anonymousreply 351August 15, 2024 2:42 PM

Mika is a bit much for me. I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 352August 15, 2024 3:40 PM

Trump; "You're going to be thrown into a communist system where everyone gets healthcare."

GIFTS! GIFTS, I TELL YA!!!

What is this American hate towards people being healthy?

by Anonymousreply 353August 16, 2024 12:07 PM

He tried to make the argument that, if we gave everyone healthcare, those of us privileged to have it now would find ourselves having to wait for care because of the overwhelming demand.

So we are supposed to want our neighbors to go without so our privilege is not eroded. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 354August 16, 2024 3:24 PM

DUMP is going to have a mental breakdown while the DNC goes on this week.

by Anonymousreply 355August 18, 2024 9:47 PM

The thousands of Gaza protestors might cheer Dump up :*(

by Anonymousreply 356August 19, 2024 12:04 AM

Who are those "thousands" of people? Seriously you are not going to see any Democrats outside protesting with them. I think it will be a piss poor showing, maybe a few dozen. Their 15 minutes are up even since they got shut down from doing all that crap at schools.

by Anonymousreply 357August 19, 2024 1:47 AM

Lemier’s glasses are gone already? That didn’t last long.

by Anonymousreply 358August 19, 2024 10:05 AM

Will Joe and Mika be in Chicago for the Dem convention? Will Mika speak of knowing her value?

by Anonymousreply 359August 19, 2024 10:19 AM

You mean marrying well?

by Anonymousreply 360August 19, 2024 10:23 AM

[quote]Lemier’s glasses are gone already? That didn’t last long.

No. They didn't and I liked the glasses on him too!

Ya know... every time I see this David Ignatius on this program, he just turns my stomach

by Anonymousreply 361August 19, 2024 10:31 AM

R357, it won’t be a few dozen. Definitely thousands but not sure if it’ll be 2 or 20 thousand.

by Anonymousreply 362August 19, 2024 10:49 AM

^Funded by who? Republicans really need for this Democratic National Convention to fail.

by Anonymousreply 363August 19, 2024 10:57 AM

MJ has been having on Aunt Jemima A LOT lately. Her "Q" ratings must be off of the charts!!!

by Anonymousreply 364August 19, 2024 11:06 AM

^^FFd the racist.

by Anonymousreply 365August 19, 2024 11:15 AM

^(yawn...)

"FF" all you want but you're only deluding yourself in not seeing and calling out Symone Sanders "Aunt Jemima/Mammy" shtick...

by Anonymousreply 366August 19, 2024 11:20 AM

^Yawn all you want, but you’ve been FFd.

by Anonymousreply 367August 19, 2024 11:33 AM

Lemire looked so sexy and younger with his blue framed eyeglasses on. I wanted to see him take them off slowly, rip off his jacket and tie, and slowly unbutton his shirt on television for us.

by Anonymousreply 368August 19, 2024 11:47 AM

Mmph... I'm surprised there has been no mention of Phil Donahue's death.

by Anonymousreply 369August 19, 2024 2:00 PM

Ya see? You don't let them think that they can get away with something...

Fox News @FoxNews 3h

Ex-Kamala Harris spox hints at bad experience working with VP: 'You might be the last woman I work for' https trib al/L6AZpQL

Symone D. Sanders Townsend @SymoneDSanders

Yes because folks like y’all made my job harder than usual. The misogyny. The racism…the not covering what she said or did. How you all treat elected officials who are women- especially how you treated Vice President Harris - prompted me to jokingly say this to the VP. You’re honestly exhausting but very on brand I guess.

by Anonymousreply 370August 19, 2024 3:23 PM

Sorry, but I just can't watch the program to witness the daily filibuster by Joe. Why even bother inviting panelists when he will "oraculate" for several minutes then ask the panelist for an opinion, or ask the question then "oraculate' for several minutes? Meanwhile, the panelist sits there and has to listen to the drivel before being allowed to speak. And, when they do finally speak, he often interrupts them for another few minutes of " oraculation." What a fucking boor.

by Anonymousreply 371August 20, 2024 11:26 AM

I like how REV Senator Warnok started repudiating HIS Christian Church and Joe broke in and limited it to factions within the Church.

Joe is still a Plantation Church snake handler, underneath it all.

I will believe Joe about the SouthernBaptistChurchofChristSnakeHandlerandSpeakersinTongues once he converts to true Christian Protestantism, The Episcopal Church.

by Anonymousreply 372August 20, 2024 11:46 AM

r371, your post inspired my bad poetry and ripping off of Jim Croce:

You don't tug on Superman's cape.

You don't spit into the wind.

You don't mix Clorox with Ajax.

And you don't put Joe and Rachel Maddow at the same studio desk.

by Anonymousreply 373August 20, 2024 11:56 AM

Gretchen Whitmer looks beautiful this morning - great colors on her, great energy coming from her early in the morning. She's very sensible when she talks.

by Anonymousreply 374August 20, 2024 11:58 AM

Did Mika have work done while on vacation the past few weeks ? Her cheeks look puffier and her eyes look squintier.

by Anonymousreply 375August 20, 2024 12:05 PM

^ I noticed that this morning. It was very obvious.

by Anonymousreply 376August 20, 2024 7:40 PM

[quote] Ya know... every time I see this David Ignatius on this program, he just turns my stomach

Yeah r361. He comes across as conceited and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 377August 20, 2024 7:44 PM

Mika's face did look a bit different this morning, but to me it looked almost luminescent. I bet if there were a blackout in the studio, her face would glow in the dark.

BTW I generally watch only the first hour or so of MJ, and so I was surprised to see Anand Giridharadas on the panel, given I haven't seen him on the show in a long time. Oh, and he looked good in a black leather jacket.

by Anonymousreply 378August 20, 2024 8:52 PM

Anand Giridharadas looks ridiculous as Fonzi. He needs to do something with that white Smurf hair.

by Anonymousreply 379August 20, 2024 9:18 PM

[quote]R371: What a fucking boor.

He’s an endangered language in southern Chad?

by Anonymousreply 380August 20, 2024 11:27 PM

[quote]Did Mika have work done while on vacation the past few weeks ? Her cheeks look puffier and her eyes look squintier.

They don't go on vacation, they go on assignment.

Mika only looks different because they are in the real studio this week and not their home studio. Completely different lighting.

by Anonymousreply 381August 21, 2024 10:31 PM

Are most of their assignments located in the south of France?

by Anonymousreply 382August 21, 2024 10:37 PM

These closeups of Donny Deutsch’s face are doing him no favor. Blotchy skin, and liver spots. Did he skip the makeup chair this morning?

by Anonymousreply 383August 22, 2024 11:15 AM

Senator Chris Murphy looked like he was drinking all night. Wonder how many 'ladies' he took up to his room from the bar ? And did any of them steal his wallet and phone ?

by Anonymousreply 384August 22, 2024 11:45 AM

Mmm, I still need Wes Moore in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 385August 22, 2024 11:54 AM

^We have that in common.

by Anonymousreply 386August 22, 2024 12:00 PM

Wes Moore is a sexy, handsome man - but every time I look at him, I can't get past actor Todd Bridges from 'Diff'rent Strokes'. Not that there's anything wrong with that (except Bridges got rather ugly as he gets older).

by Anonymousreply 387August 22, 2024 12:10 PM

How many of these “married” Democrat Senators hooked up with ladies that are not their political spouses at the DNC?

by Anonymousreply 388August 23, 2024 7:21 AM

Don't know, R388, but it's unlike the MAGAts who go to the convention to hook up on Grindr or, like their hero Matt Gaetz, look for underage girls.

by Anonymousreply 389August 23, 2024 10:37 AM

So Joe and Mika didn’t bother going to Chicago?

Embarrassing. What in hell are they being paid all that money for?

And when did Mika’s hair turn that unflattering yellow?

by Anonymousreply 390August 23, 2024 10:41 AM

Hearing Joe repeat the oft-quoted “This is a close race” and I’m once again befuddled at how Americans could be so stupid that this race could even be moderately close. It’s democracy and progression vs tyranny, chaos and fascism. The choice is beyond easy.

by Anonymousreply 391August 23, 2024 11:12 AM

Mika near tears this morning. Sighl

I wonder if Joe and Mika didn't want to go to Chicago because they feared convention protests/violence? Mika don't need that.

by Anonymousreply 392August 23, 2024 11:17 AM

The Close Race bullshit is an echo of 2016 fear.

That every Democrat everywhere needs to be pedal to the metal until the Electoral College certifies the election.

But that is a good thing. Because when Harris pulls ahead, SHE HAS TO STAY THERE no matter what bullshit Republicans pull.

Also, something theoretical to remember, states that are moving Blue will all be knife edged votes BUT THE MORE KNIFE-EDGE STATES that eventually vote Blue, the LARGER THE LANDSLIDE.

Once cloture falls, the pendulum of history will swing back to THE PEOPLE.

by Anonymousreply 393August 23, 2024 1:27 PM

What was all that talk about "Crowds don't vote!" just now espoused by Joe and Symone, meaning just because a candidate like Kamala or Bernie bring in 1000s of people, they won't necessarily vote for them?

I truly don't get this theory.

by Anonymousreply 394August 23, 2024 1:35 PM

r394, it is counter programming to Trump's dwindling rally attendance (funny that nobody mentioned that Kamala filled TWO arenas on Wednesday) but as to not diminish the need for continued, un-resting campaigning. There may be Joy in the Morning, but there are mornings yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 395August 23, 2024 1:41 PM

Pretty sure this wasn’t the 1st time Senator Chris Murphy cheated on his political spouse.

Seems like he has an arrangement in this marriage.

by Anonymousreply 396August 23, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote] Mika near tears this morning. Sighl

Near tears, but not in tears since her Botox closed up her tear ducts.

by Anonymousreply 397August 23, 2024 9:28 PM

All that cosmetic surgery becomes undone with aging, and most of them end up looking like different varieties of scarecrows.

by Anonymousreply 398August 23, 2024 10:37 PM

Uh-Oh....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399August 23, 2024 10:40 PM

Where there is smoke...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 23, 2024 10:43 PM

yessss Mika & Joe made it!

by Anonymousreply 401August 23, 2024 10:48 PM

Mika’s and Joe’s relationship drama is not appropriate for a morning news and discussion show. It’s not good for any serious show. It’s been obvious for a while their conflicts are “up and down” and the strain grows.

Mika isn’t CNN’s Dana Bash who’ll appear on segments with ex-husbands John King and Jeremy Bash, though not at the same time with both.

Awkward set-ups with anger and grudges get noticed by audiences and make.guests uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 402August 23, 2024 11:59 PM

He moved her to a townhouse on a golf course in Jupiter? A golf course? The daughter of a national security advisor and the sister of an ambassador has to share a wall of her actual home with some plumber from Indiana and his third wife.

You have to drive to Palm Beach for a Whole Foods and half the population is Florida man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403August 24, 2024 10:17 PM

So the couple - now empty-nesters with their blended family of kids out of the house and on their own - have downsized from a five bedroom house to a 'charming' townhouse ? They nearly halved their living space from 3400 sf to 1800 sf because that's all the two of them need at this stage in their life, and R403 finds a problem with this ? Seriously ? You find them responsibly moving into a 3br townhouse, and selling their bigger 5br home to a family who can probably fill it as something wrong ?

This world has really gone off the deep end and has brought R403 with it. .

by Anonymousreply 404August 25, 2024 1:49 AM

^^MARY!

by Anonymousreply 405August 25, 2024 11:50 AM

Joe and Mika start an early Labor Day vacation.

by Anonymousreply 406August 26, 2024 10:08 AM

^Yes, I'm rather disappointed in not seeing them this morning. They must replace David Ignacious. He just sickens me.

by Anonymousreply 407August 26, 2024 10:11 AM

But wait a minute... KK in the studio? In the studio sitting next to LeMire? Is MSNBC testing a new team given the threat by Joey S when it was decided to "pull" his show after the Trump shooting event?

by Anonymousreply 408August 26, 2024 10:52 AM

KK and Smirky are no substitute for Joe and Mika.

I was expecting a continuation of the Dem Convention Joy, and everyone has walked away from it. What's up, MSNBC, sabotaging the Harris/Walz campaign?

This entire week should be a replay of the Dem Convention speeches and that amazing Roll call.

by Anonymousreply 409August 26, 2024 11:17 AM

I love Jonathan LeMire. He’s so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 410August 26, 2024 12:36 PM

R409, haven’t you heard, MSNBC is dropping its prime time line up and will only show reruns of the DNC? You’re in for a treat!

by Anonymousreply 411August 26, 2024 12:44 PM

It's interesting to see how the Republican, Right-Wing, social media machine works and is in action. So, now the strategy is to discredit MSNBC and the Democrat convention? LOL!!! They're simply having a very difficult time accepting that it was a successful event and definitely outshined the Republican convention.

Meghan McCain @MeghanMcCain Aug 22

Maybe republicans just shouldn’t have conventions… just forfeit because I DO NOT KNOW HOW YOU CAN COMPETE WITH THIS! #DNC2024

by Anonymousreply 412August 26, 2024 12:54 PM

When will Miss Lemire come out already? Her closet door hinges are hanging on by a thread.

by Anonymousreply 413August 26, 2024 1:44 PM

I've always loved Diane Lane. She just appears so naturally pretty to me. Her look and attitude remind me of the actress Jaqueline Bissett. It's a quiet, elegant, classic, type of attitude and look. From what I've read of Lane's personal background she's had far from a quiet, elegant, classic, life.

by Anonymousreply 414August 26, 2024 1:50 PM

R409, you do realize Mika brings nothing other than strategically placed sighs and the odd prompter reading, right?

by Anonymousreply 415August 26, 2024 3:10 PM

R410 I agree. I could fuck that guy non-stop all day and night.

by Anonymousreply 416August 26, 2024 3:25 PM

[quote]you do realize Mika brings nothing other than strategically placed sighs and the odd prompter reading, right?

Or the "OK! OK!" after fives minutes of boy sports talk.

by Anonymousreply 417August 26, 2024 3:44 PM

Mika also brings strategically worn shawls.

R408 - KK & Lemire have hosted together several times in the past when the MJ trio have been out, so the duo hosting today (and perhaps the rest of the week) is no big deal.

BTW wasn't Lemire wearing glasses for a week or two recently?

by Anonymousreply 418August 26, 2024 3:49 PM

LeMire was wearing sexy blue-framed glasses for a few weeks this summer. He had that 'come behind my desk and suck me off' boss look. Not sure why he ditched those for contacts.

by Anonymousreply 419August 26, 2024 4:15 PM

I didn't miss Mika and Joe at all today. Less drama in the morning is always a good thing.

I've worked with Diane Lane. Very professional but rather cold and uptight. Does not engage with anyone she doesn't need.

by Anonymousreply 420August 26, 2024 4:57 PM

I don’t know which Jonathan Lemire you’re speaking about R419, but the one on MSNBC, you know, the nelly news queen, never, ever, had that - “come behind my desk and suck me off' boss look”.

More like the other way around. Jonathan! come out, come out wherever you are…. (under someone’s desk, I assume)

by Anonymousreply 421August 26, 2024 5:28 PM

Lemier always pursing his lips when he hears something he doesn't like. Usually involving Trump.

by Anonymousreply 422August 27, 2024 2:32 AM

I wonder what kind of underwear does Lemire wear? My guess would be tight black bikini briefs.

by Anonymousreply 423August 27, 2024 4:06 AM

McMaster is such a pussy he might as well be campaigning for Trump

by Anonymousreply 424August 27, 2024 10:48 AM

He’s a fat sellout who is just hawking a book. Next!

by Anonymousreply 425August 27, 2024 10:50 AM

Is McMaster one of those “Trump is the most reprehensible human being who has ever existed and a traitor to the United States, but I’m still voting for him” Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 426August 27, 2024 10:53 AM

Pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 427August 27, 2024 10:55 AM

H. R. McMaster, He's your sellout when things get rough! H. R. McMaster Can only do a little cause he won't do enough.

H. R. McMaster, He's your sellout when things get rough! H. R. McMaster Can only do a little cause he won't do enough.

by Anonymousreply 428August 27, 2024 10:58 AM

R426 He just refuses to take a stand and keeps going out of his way to bring up positive traits about Trump - he's even saying the book isn't a warning of any kind, it's just totally neutral information and that he doesn't see any reason to endorse a candidate. Praising Trump for being a disruptor.

by Anonymousreply 429August 27, 2024 11:04 AM

A whole week of the B Team with C+ guests.

by Anonymousreply 430August 27, 2024 11:06 AM

I think we should start a Morning Joe death watch. How many more days or weeks before MSNBC announces they’ve canceled the show?

by Anonymousreply 431August 27, 2024 11:11 AM

[quote]H. R. McMaster, He's your sellout when things get rough!

I can't stand the wishy-washy position. Geraldo Rivera is notorious for doing that! Look... I don't have an issue with anyone making money, but these people are the scum of the earth. McMaster, has not been the first. Haberman, Bolten, just on and on... they withhold information for the sake of writing and making money off of a book. Where's the patriotism in that? Where's the "country & duty" first for country before self-interests?

by Anonymousreply 432August 27, 2024 11:12 AM

R432 Remember when John Bolton was the biggest clown asshole you could imagine in politics

by Anonymousreply 433August 27, 2024 11:16 AM

r431, not a deathwatch, a contract negotiation death match.

by Anonymousreply 434August 27, 2024 11:45 AM

Too much no-shows for Joe Scarborough & Mika. Just cancel the program as they are paid many millions and won’t make it to work.

by Anonymousreply 435August 27, 2024 12:24 PM

[quote] Just cancel the program

What is all this talk about cancellation? MSNBC (or whoever the owner is) isn't going to cancel MJ. The program makes far too much money. If anything, an issue might be some type of contract negotiation going on as R443 has pointed out.

by Anonymousreply 436August 27, 2024 12:35 PM

I agree R436. MJ gets lots of buzz on The Beltway. I don't think people respect Mika at all, she's just the dim girlfriend you are hoping your pal will leave home next time. She's only where she's at because of her dad and Joe. Joe knows he is bombastic and tries to get a rise/reaction out of people. I'd say MSNBC can't do without MJ, and that they tolerate Maddow's limited schedule is head scratching.

by Anonymousreply 437August 27, 2024 1:24 PM

It's summer time, they get vacations. And last week they were exhausted from staying up late to watch the convention and being up early for the show.

by Anonymousreply 438August 27, 2024 3:52 PM

Yeah, I remember when Joe Scarborough was a Republican shill - of the George W Bush Neo-Con variety. He was never a Trumper or a libertarian poseur.

Then he met Mika Brzezinski, daughter of the evil Illuminati.

I'm picturing after the marriage when Zbigniew took Joe aside and told him what's really going on. Marrying into the ancient conspiracy has its benefits.

by Anonymousreply 439August 27, 2024 4:16 PM

Zbigniew Brzezinski was Carter’s National Security Advisor. Mika resented the Clintons because they did not give her dad the Secretary of State job. Mika was a relentless Hillary basher until the last couple or so years. Now, Mika acts as if she and Hillary are big pals. Mika has used Hillary for her “Know Your Value” promotional activity.

by Anonymousreply 440August 27, 2024 6:51 PM

McMaster who is suppose to be really smart, isn't being very smart. He is trying to sell book and at the same time, trying not to offend either side and play it somewhat down the middle. Almost no one will buy that book. Both sides are unhappy with him, he criticized Trump a little and no MAGA will stand for that, but he didn't completely turn on Trump and the left won't stand for that and the people in the middle just won't care enough to buy his book.

by Anonymousreply 441August 27, 2024 11:45 PM

[quote]A whole week of the B Team with C+ guests.

That's because Joe is afraid the show will do without them. He has the power to control that and it sure looks like he's using it.

The one thing that show has that most of the other networks dont, especially Fox, is A team guests. People who worked at the FBI or Intelligence, or top level White House staff. People who are actually qualified to speak on the topic at hand. Not douche bros like Jessy Waters and nameless woman with blond hair, big tits in pencil skirts.

by Anonymousreply 442August 28, 2024 5:46 AM

R439 I’m imagining Joe as Dr.Bill in Eyes Wide Shut

by Anonymousreply 443August 28, 2024 8:28 AM

Elise Jordan joins the C+ Team.

She doesn't look happy.

by Anonymousreply 444August 29, 2024 10:20 AM

What?

Wait a minute... How is restoring a former prisoner's voting rights after they have served their time... unconstitutional?

by Anonymousreply 445August 29, 2024 10:30 AM

WOW! MSNBC is REALLY getting a lot of use out of Symone Sanders. She's all over the place! Does anyone know how does this work? Is the news pundit assigned a duty/schedule ie substitute anchor "Stephanie Ruhl", "Ari Melber", etc. Or does the news personality/pundit volunteer and/or just make it known that they are available for an assignment?

by Anonymousreply 446August 29, 2024 11:08 AM

If you reinterpret the 14th A, like Florida did, r445.

by Anonymousreply 447August 29, 2024 11:09 AM

Catty K is funny

by Anonymousreply 448August 29, 2024 11:13 AM

Finally, MJ has a decent support group as it is Smirky flying solo for 4 hours. All the B- Bobble heads are up.

by Anonymousreply 449August 29, 2024 11:16 AM

And Sam Stein is starting to sound like Mara Gay at the Murdoch WSJ Ed Board. He's turning

by Anonymousreply 450August 29, 2024 11:25 AM

Ah...

[quote]Millions of Americans are barred from voting because of criminal convictions in their past. Felony disenfranchisement laws — relics of Jim Crow — hit Black Americans disproportionately hard because of bias in the criminal justice system. The Brennan Center advances policies to re-enfranchise Americans who are living in the community, and we fight policies making it harder for Americans with past convictions to vote.

[quote]State felony disenfranchisement laws keep millions of Americans from voting. These laws aren’t just antidemocratic — they send the message that the voices of individuals returning to their communities don’t count. And these voting bans disproportionately affect Black Americans.

[quote]But we can change this. Since 2018, a growing number of states have changed their laws — either through constitutional amendment, legislation, or executive action — to allow more Americans with past convictions to vote. Other states are considering similar reforms, and we’re urging Congress to pass legislation that would re-enfranchise in federal elections the millions of Americans who are no longer incarcerated but still can’t vote.

[quote]This progress has not been without setbacks, emphasizing the need for Congress to step in and impose a national standard. In 2018, Florida voters passed a ballot measure that was expected to re-enfranchise about 1.4 million Floridians — an outcome the Brennan Center has worked on for nearly two decades. But months later, the state enacted a law that severely curtailed the measure’s impact by requiring those whose rights had just been restored to pay off certain court debts before they can vote. And in 2023, Virginia’s governor reversed an executive action that had provided a pathway for citizens to regain their voting rights, making Virginia the only state that permanently bars all citizens with past convictions from voting.

[quote]Despite this backsliding, restoring voting rights continues to be an issue that unites voters from all walks of life, and this bipartisan support indicates that more progress is ahead.

by Anonymousreply 451August 29, 2024 11:42 AM

[quote]I wonder what kind of underwear does Lemire wear? My guess would be tight black bikini briefs.

I think he free-balls. I'd love to know first=hand.

by Anonymousreply 452August 29, 2024 12:00 PM

I don't know how anyone can watch this show on a regular basis. Scarborough is a self-important bloviator. Brzezinski is irritating. Willy Geist is a softball hitter. You can describe both him and Mika as legacy hires. Al Sharpton is a charlatan. The idea that he is a serious commentator is ridiculous!

Yes, they have good guests sometimes.

And R452, Lemire is a 40-something, straight guy. If he wants to be daring, he might wear boxer briefs, but I'd bet the farm that his choice of underwear are boxers!

by Anonymousreply 453August 29, 2024 12:12 PM

R453 It's like my personal circus. I'm entertained by people almost no matter what. The fact that those two are such blowhard fools makes them a great watch. Will Mika be visibly intoxicated? How long can Joe wait before going on some self-important, glib rant? Will Mika's wig be on straight? Does it seem like they fucked in the car before the show started? How many passive-aggressive couples moments can I count in the first hour?

by Anonymousreply 454August 29, 2024 12:25 PM

Men's trousers, not only jeans but chinos and suit pants, have become too fitted for old-fashioned boxer shorts. I can't imagine any guy finding that excess of fabric comfy these days.

by Anonymousreply 455August 29, 2024 12:30 PM

I thought that Elise Jordan offered up a great idea. VP Harris should do interviews with local media outlets wherever she is campaigning and really piss off the haughty mainstream media. In doing such a strategy she would be helping and supporting local news media (and they are hemorrhaging) and again also piss off outlets like the NYT, WSJ, etc.

by Anonymousreply 456August 29, 2024 12:41 PM

I would love to see Harris on our local Sinclair Mini Fox doing a hard ball interview with our bumpkin local interviewers at Las Vegas 3. it will be the ONLY time they see that Harris is running for President.

by Anonymousreply 457August 29, 2024 3:31 PM

What I would like to know about this Arlington incident is who are these families and why would they request a POTUS to help them lay wreath? How would they have this type of access to even make such a request?

Where I'm going with this is that this looks like a full-scale media set up by the Trump campaign to me.

by Anonymousreply 458August 30, 2024 10:27 AM

HOORAY, to Anand Giridharadas for calling out his profession for being sticklers to those who change their minds and/or evolve from a position that they may have once held!

On another note, I think he looks so much better ever since he has cut more hair on the top of his head off.

by Anonymousreply 459August 30, 2024 11:17 AM

Willie is back to promo his Sunday show.

by Anonymousreply 460August 30, 2024 11:51 AM

Anand Giridharadas needs to get rid of his vampire look.

by Anonymousreply 461August 30, 2024 11:54 AM

Thank you, R454...I can relate .

by Anonymousreply 462August 30, 2024 5:11 PM

Jeremy Peters is a NYT reporter that appears to have moved more rightward over time.

by Anonymousreply 463August 31, 2024 8:31 AM

^I haven't followed his work for some time now but if you ask me, he's moving more to the center. My memory of him and his work is that he is a gay man that is right wing. I can never understand that. As gay people fight for their rights and fight against being treated even less than secondary citizens, I just don't understand gay republicans. More so, when you have a party, and MANY members of it who vocally and publicly say that they would like to see you dead.

In looking at him now he's not aging well, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 464August 31, 2024 11:30 AM

Also, rewatching me some MJ weekly recap before The Weekend, and there is a discussion of why Pence isn't throwing his support behind VP Harris like so many Trump Admin appointees?

HES A FUCKING WITNESS AGAINST TRUMP IN ALL THE FEDERAL PROSECUTIONS.

Throwing his support behind Harris dooms his testimony as compromised. He is staying clean.

Liz Cheney is a different story.

by Anonymousreply 465August 31, 2024 11:43 AM

[quote]And Sam Stein is starting to sound like Mara Gay at the Murdoch WSJ Ed Board. He's turning

I always thought he was Republican. He's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 466August 31, 2024 12:12 PM

Isn't Mara Gay on the NYT editorial board?

by Anonymousreply 467August 31, 2024 12:28 PM

Does Willie have any children?

If so, how could he not name one Zeit?

by Anonymousreply 468August 31, 2024 12:39 PM

Corrected, r467, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 469August 31, 2024 1:05 PM

Don't know about leaning right but Jeremy Peters has certainly gotten more uptight as he's aged.

by Anonymousreply 470August 31, 2024 1:57 PM

I'd like to fuck some progressiveness into Jeremy Peters.

by Anonymousreply 471August 31, 2024 2:22 PM

To be fair, r469, they're becoming increasingly indistinct. And WEIRD...

by Anonymousreply 472August 31, 2024 7:26 PM

When Agassi started hitting it big in 1988, the hair, those jean shorts, my Interclub dubs partner - married and straight - saw him play in person in Memphis and he told me "I wouldn't normally say a guy is cute, but know Agassi is cute, kind of like Bambi. and I could see why a gay guy like you would like that," - I told him I was not in any way attracted to anything about Agassi but his tennis and charisma, that I thought Courier was 100 times sexier. He laughed and told me to forget what he said. Then he bought the whole Agassi wardrobe, jean shorts, shirt and an earring. His wife and I were laughing at him, she thought it was an early mid life crisis as he was only 33 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 473September 1, 2024 5:40 PM

...And then six months after that, he left his wife for R473. He finally broke out of the closet and began a relationship with R473. They are now legally married, and will be celebrating 30 years of 'bliss' next year when they each turn 70. They don't achieve erections like they once did in 1988, but they do their best to have an active sex life.

by Anonymousreply 474September 1, 2024 10:27 PM

Fuck, tomorrow is Labor Day, another crap day on MSNBC. Life begins Tuesday .

by Anonymousreply 475September 1, 2024 10:39 PM

MSNBC goes cheap on holidays.

by Anonymousreply 476September 3, 2024 6:57 AM

Joe needs to stop yelling when he comes back. Mika needs to stop trying to look younger, it's getting pathetic. And enough with the shawls. Turn up the fucking heat.

by Anonymousreply 477September 3, 2024 7:13 AM

She wants to hide her breasts now, maybe sagging??

by Anonymousreply 478September 3, 2024 8:03 AM

Mika's Facebook page is hilarious, pics of her with Jill Biden, a bizzare birthday post where she is taking her adult daughter to Disney World for Minnie Mouse cake, she and Joe in rustic settings and on a boat. Gotta love her.

by Anonymousreply 479September 3, 2024 9:40 AM

What is the goody that Claire has on her kitchen counter this morning? I can't tell what it is. Is it a tart?

by Anonymousreply 480September 3, 2024 11:15 AM

Wow...

This room-rater app is exceptionally fast and always seem to capture the things that I have questions about

Room Rater@ratemyskyperoom

Still the Queen of Room Rater. We believe in Baked Goods. @moccamasterusa . Fresh flowers and 10/10 @clairecmc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481September 3, 2024 11:41 AM

The sports segments are getting too long.

by Anonymousreply 482September 3, 2024 11:46 AM

[quote]Mika's Facebook page is hilarious, pics of her with Jill Biden, a bizzare birthday post where she is taking her adult daughter to Disney World for Minnie Mouse cake.

Great - another Zoomer (Mika birthed two of them) who doesn't want to 'adult', so she will become useless to society. She can spend her life in Disneyland eating Minnie Mouse cake.

by Anonymousreply 483September 3, 2024 11:59 AM

I agree, R482. But so too have Mika's rantings about women's healthcare and dying because of the lack of it. Without question it's an important issue that must be addressed but why isn't she pushing for interviews with these people that support these abhorrent laws and force them to explain that support given the consequences that are the result?

by Anonymousreply 484September 3, 2024 12:00 PM

Could be an apple almond pastry R480.

I never would have noticed it as I can barely stand to listen to her speak, let alone look at her.

by Anonymousreply 485September 3, 2024 12:02 PM

R485. Go back to Fox.

by Anonymousreply 486September 3, 2024 12:04 PM

With all the sweet treats in her kitchen to nobble on, I wonder if Claire is diabetic ? Soon she will be doing Wegovy commercials.

by Anonymousreply 487September 3, 2024 12:04 PM

R486. Go to hell.

by Anonymousreply 488September 3, 2024 12:34 PM

R488, I don't watch Fox

by Anonymousreply 489September 3, 2024 12:53 PM

Joe must be coming to Datalounge for the latest news.

His first day back he made it a point to say how happy he is to be with Mika.

Guess we’ve been fact checked.

by Anonymousreply 490September 3, 2024 4:54 PM

Mika FINALLY spoke 18+ mins into their show this morning. I was beginning to think she may not speak at all. I thought possibly it was a new way to torture Joe prior to murdering him on air. I'm a tiny bit disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 491September 4, 2024 10:28 AM

Mika gazing at Joe as he spoke this morning, so Nancy Reagan. I will make a bold prediction - Joe is going to get back into politics with Mika by his side.

by Anonymousreply 492September 4, 2024 11:19 AM

Pick a seat...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493September 4, 2024 11:25 AM

R492 You and i think alike. I've been telling my friends this all summer long.

by Anonymousreply 494September 4, 2024 11:45 AM

OH! I just LOVE Morgan Radford's suit and those pumps!

by Anonymousreply 495September 4, 2024 11:48 AM

I love Morgan's husband even more than her clothing. Can I have him for a few days ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496September 4, 2024 12:10 PM

David French saying he thought Dobbs was rightly decided and that Roe was based on faulty legal arguments...like the FUCKING RIGHT TP PRIVACY?

What bullshit. This NYT opinion asshole has no idea what it means to NOT be a privileged white male.

by Anonymousreply 497September 4, 2024 12:20 PM

R114. Im catching up on thread duing morning sybway ride and i almost lol'd at your post

by Anonymousreply 498September 4, 2024 12:36 PM

I agree R497. I am sick of this Repug's sanctimonious shit. Mika needs to take some digs at him since her husband obviously has a real fondness for this jerk.

by Anonymousreply 499September 4, 2024 12:42 PM

I don’t believe it R489 as you sure type stupid.

by Anonymousreply 500September 4, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote] Mika needs to take some digs at him since her husband obviously has a real fondness for this jerk.

Therefore, my post at R484

by Anonymousreply 501September 4, 2024 12:51 PM

I meant r115

by Anonymousreply 502September 5, 2024 1:54 AM

Joe won't go back into politics. He's making oodles of cash at MSNBC and it's an easy gig where he gets to bloviate for 3 hours in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 503September 5, 2024 2:03 AM

Mika as First Lady. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 504September 5, 2024 10:27 AM

[quote]Joe won't go back into politics. He's making oodles of cash at MSNBC

Agreed. It would be hard to give up a $8M+ salary/year for a $180K+/year salary.

by Anonymousreply 505September 5, 2024 11:57 AM

R505 Not really. It depends if he is satisfied with what he has earned so far (can he live off that for the next 20 years?) and if his ego wants him to go back into politics believing he will 'do well for the country'. And the latter will have more weight than the money part.

by Anonymousreply 506September 5, 2024 12:08 PM

Did I hear correctly that the government has seized RT and the FOX website domains?

by Anonymousreply 507September 5, 2024 12:14 PM

Mika is actually kind of likeable, I would love to get drunk with her and hear her vent. Joe is the most sanctimonious blowhard who ever walked the earth. He's a very entertaining heel. I think it would be hard to be around him for more than five minutes in person.

by Anonymousreply 508September 5, 2024 12:16 PM

Hmm... ya know that they (journalists) investigate everything else, I would like to know how the people who were killed voted, or how their parents voted, I just think it is important to know that if they support all of these rampant guns how they feel now about that support since their loved ones are dead. Mike Barnacle brings up an important point; How did this kid get this weapon to school and into the school?

I'm also a believer that parents should be held much more accountable for these incidents. I had a mother who knew even when a stick of gum would enter her house that she did not recognize of know about. How are these parents missing what is going on with their children and/or household?

by Anonymousreply 509September 5, 2024 12:46 PM

OH! Valerie Jarrett looks great! I love the longer hair!

by Anonymousreply 510September 5, 2024 12:49 PM

Know Mika nd you’re wrong about her being likable.

by Anonymousreply 511September 5, 2024 2:09 PM

R511 = Sam Stein

by Anonymousreply 512September 5, 2024 2:54 PM

It takes Tiffany Cross to drop the real tea about Joe. Begins at the 55:40 mark in this video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513September 5, 2024 4:10 PM

That interaction with Joe seems bullshit. If Tiffany Cross did not take it up later with Rashida, when Rashid took the reins, Tiffany is just painting Joe into a PR corner he cant escape.

Veridct: Tiffany out cunted JoScar.

by Anonymousreply 514September 5, 2024 5:12 PM

Mmph, R513 only further supports my position that television is nothing more than a game and what we're watching might not just be the truth. Thus, my comment R364 and the interaction through R367, which got me banned.

I did not get to watch Tiffany Cross's show much when it was on. However, I always liked her. I'll never forget when she appeared on MJ with some very conservative white guy (whose name I forget but I'd know instantly by face--in fact, he has not been on the show in quite some time) who wrote a new book. Tiffany legitimately tore into him and challenged his assertions. This guy was so rattled and taken aback by how this "Black woman" dare speak to him in such a manner (that was his face) and that no one was coming to his defense, was infuriating. So, I'm sure Miss Cross got a stern "talking to" afterwards.

I understand that we're only hearing her side of events but I'm sure there is a lot of truth to it. It's shameful how MSNBC treated her during and after her tenure. I haven't really seen her on TV since her firing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515September 5, 2024 6:10 PM

Was the conservative guy Noah Rothman R515?

Link to the segment below with Tiffany Cross at 8:40

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516September 5, 2024 6:31 PM

YES, R516!!!

Thank you!!!

by Anonymousreply 517September 5, 2024 6:38 PM

[quote]I understand that we're only hearing her side of events but I'm sure there is a lot of truth to it. It's shameful how MSNBC treated her during and after her tenure. I haven't really seen her on TV since her firing.

She has two very good weekly podcasts, the one linked at R513 called Native Land Pod with Angela Rye and Andrew Gillum, and ACross Generations, where it's her, and older black woman and a younger black woman on a panel discussing various issues that affect black women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518September 5, 2024 7:16 PM

I've always enjoyed road trips to places I haven't been, with a person that is interesting and has no qualms about splitting costs.

by Anonymousreply 519September 6, 2024 12:05 AM

When’s MSNBC landing an interview with this lady?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520September 6, 2024 12:52 AM

IMHO, I think these television personalities put far too much storage in these debates. I thought they always say that the audience is small, etc? I say TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES!!!

Now, Symone Sanders gave a gift this morning when bringing up childcare and how important that issue is to American families. They could question both candidates extensively just on this one issue.

And, did Charlie Sykes use the cuss word "SHIT" on this morning's broadcast????

by Anonymousreply 521September 6, 2024 11:22 AM

R521 Yes he did.

Charlie said SHIT and shortly thereafter Donny looked right into the camera and said “SCREW YOU DONALD TRUMP”

Mika clutched her pearls so hard they shattered.

by Anonymousreply 522September 6, 2024 12:30 PM

Of all of the mornings not to have Mara Gay on the panel...

by Anonymousreply 523September 6, 2024 1:15 PM

Am disgusted with NYT reporters/journalists that show on CNN, & sometimes MSNBC, rationalizing and normalizing DJT, and promoting a horse race that will give DJT an electoral college edge.

by Anonymousreply 524September 6, 2024 2:12 PM

I agree, R524. Who were this morning's rants for? If one believes R516, the MJ footprint isn't as large as many people think. So, what's the purpose?

What gets me is how Joe Scarborough and the team like to step away from the fray as if they are not complicit in it too. Okay... let's say they believe that MJ has been reporting Trump fairly, etc. Well, given the influence that MJ believes that it has then why is it falling on deaf ears? Why aren't they having guests on to have a real/sincere debate about this issue?

The only one that said something compelling to me this morning was Stephanie Ruhle when she said that the attendees who attended that mess where Trump spoke at yesterday couldn't care less if he made sense or not. It's all about getting him re-elected and getting those tax cuts and making them permanent!

I listen to Mike Barnicle cry, whine, and moan, about "How did we get here?" He should just look and listen to his co-panelist... that Sorkin guy (The financial guy) and he'll have his answer

by Anonymousreply 525September 6, 2024 2:37 PM

Stephanie Ruhle ruled this morning!

Also, I love Colin Allred but did he seem awfully low energy this morning?

by Anonymousreply 526September 6, 2024 2:46 PM

[quote]Mika clutched her pearls so hard they shattered.

R522 - No, Mika as a matter of fact said "Thank you" after that.

When Sykes was talking about Republicans fettishizing guns (using examples like a congressman's family posing with guns in front of Christmas tree, or congressmen wearing AR-15 pins on the floors of Congress), he blurted, "What sick shit is that?"

After saying "thank you," Mika then said, "Normalizing and celebrating something that is sick."

by Anonymousreply 527September 6, 2024 2:59 PM

R522 - because I watch only the first hour of MJ and didn't completely read your post, I presumed you were talking about when Sykes saying "shit" during the first hour, which is what my comment above was based on.

So Sykes said the word later again when Donny Deutch was there?

by Anonymousreply 528September 6, 2024 3:06 PM

[quote]Also, I love Colin Allred but did he seem awfully low energy this morning?

I'm concerned. Realistically, these people are people and can get tired, etc. BUT THEY CAN'T!!! They must always run as if their life depended upon them winning! That's why what Walz says is correct; "There is no time for rest or sleeping. You'll have enough time to do that when you are dead."

[quote][R522] - because I watch only the first hour of MJ and didn't completely read your post, I presumed you were talking about when Sykes saying "shit" during the first hour, which is what my comment above was based on.

I was referring to that 1st hour. I was a bit stunned. It was definitely NOT repeated in the 2nd or 3rd hour--I do my other work and just listen, because I did not hear it again. Mmph... MJ is just a few steps from the "What the fuck is this" and I believe it will be Heilmann that will bring that one because he almost said about 2-3 weeks ago.

[quote]Stephanie Ruhle ruled this morning!

Yes, she did! AND... it looked like (to me) she was ready to tear into that guy's Sorkin's ass because he is the same type of people she was just speaking about! He wouldn't just come out and admit that Trump made no sense. He said something like "It "appeared" as if Trump made no sense.." Such bull shit...

by Anonymousreply 529September 6, 2024 3:44 PM

(Because I don't want to create a new thread...)

JUST IN: Alan Dershowitz. A life long DEM officially LEAVES THE PARTY..

“I am no longer a Democrat.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530September 7, 2024 12:32 AM

Dershowitz didn’t leave the party.

He was excommunicated.

by Anonymousreply 531September 7, 2024 1:04 AM

Oh please, Dershowitz was one of Epstein and Trump's underage hooker clients. BYE BITCH! 🖕🖕🖕

by Anonymousreply 532September 7, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote]Stephanie Ruhle ruled this morning!

Overwhelming love on the Twitter for her comments/performance

She added this;

Stephanie Ruhle @SRuhle

Calling Trump's remarks at the NY Economics Club incoherent gibberish is not a biased attack. It is a completely rational observation. He did not speak in coherent or complete sentences. And when he did, proposals like (tarriffs - childcare) do not make sense.

by Anonymousreply 533September 7, 2024 12:17 PM

Thank you Stephanie Ruhle. That's all that needs to be said. Don't let the right wing accuse you of liberal bias. Now if only the rest of the media would follow suit...

by Anonymousreply 534September 7, 2024 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!