Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Demolition Ranch YouTuber says he's 'shocked and confused' Trump shooter was wearing channel's T-shirt

“This channel was never meant to incite violence or hate,” YouTuber Matt Carriker said Monday. “I don’t want any violence or hate anywhere around me.”

A Texas YouTuber who runs a popular gun enthusiast channel is distancing himself from the gunman who opened fire on former President Donald Trump during a rally Saturday in western Pennsylvania.

Photos verified by NBC News showed the shooter, identified by law enforcement as Thomas Matthew Crooks, wearing a Demolition Ranch shirt on the day of the shooting. The images began circulating after Crooks, 20, of Bethel Park, was killed by at least one Secret Service sharpshooter.

In a nearly six-minute-long video Monday, Matt Carriker, who runs the YouTube channel Demolition Ranch, said: “We were shocked and confused to find this out. The shooter who tried to assassinate Trump was wearing merch from my channel, wearing a Demolition Ranch T-shirt. And that sucked to see that.”

“Yeah, that was rough," he added.

Carriker said he keeps politics out of his videos and does not support violence on his channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2024 12:09 AM

I've watched a few of that channel's videos. It's basically doing crazy shit with guns in an environment where it's totally safe to do so. Nothing wrong with that. I once paid hundreds of dollars to fire a machine gun at a place where it was also safe to do so. Guns can be a fun activity for those of stable mind.

The wannabee assassin was obviously into guns, but being into guns doesn't mean you go killing former Presidents. Most likely mental illness combined with radicalization of one flavor or another was involved. (The FBI has not said yet, so I will not speculate further.)

by Anonymousreply 1July 16, 2024 2:58 PM

Guns and violence? We only use non-violent guns in our channel!!

by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2024 3:04 PM

This is great that the shooter was a Trumper gun-nut. Reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2024 3:05 PM

B..b..but... BOTH SIDES SHOULD TONE DOWN THEIR TOXIC RHETORIC!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2024 3:10 PM

"Guns can be a fun activity for those of stable mind."

And who exactly is deciding who has the stable mind?

Don't tell me it's self-determined.

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2024 3:12 PM

There is but one purpose of an AR-15: to kill human beings. Spare me the "we don't condone violence!" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2024 3:17 PM

We're totally fucked as a country when a 20 year old assassin can carry a more deadly weapon than the Secret Service and police

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2024 8:37 PM

The police actually had the correct sniper weapon and shot him tout suite.

by Anonymousreply 8July 17, 2024 12:03 AM

No, the first police encounter backed away realizing they were outgunned and called for sniper backup

by Anonymousreply 9July 17, 2024 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!