Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So this is who we're dealing with.

Another two-faced, hypocritical, backtracking liar as the Republican VP pick:

[quote] During the 2016 U.S. presidential election, Vance was an outspoken critic of Republican nominee Donald Trump. In a February 2016 USA Today column, he wrote that "Trump's actual policy proposals, such as they are, range from immoral to absurd." In the Atlantic and on the PBS show hosted by Charlie Rose, Vance called Trump "cultural heroin" and "an opioid of the masses." In October 2016, he called Trump "reprehensible" in a post on Twitter, and called himself a "never-Trump guy." In a private message on Facebook he called Trump "America's Hitler".

[quote] By February 2018, Vance began changing his opinion, saying Trump "is one of the few political leaders in America that recognizes the frustration that exists in large parts of Ohio, Pennsylvania, eastern Kentucky and so forth".

[quote] Vance supported Trump in 2020. In July 2021, he apologized for calling Trump "reprehensible" and deleted posts from 2016 from his Twitter account that were critical of him. Vance said that he now thought Trump was a good president and expressed regret about his criticism during the 2016 election. Vance visited Mar-a-Lago to meet with Trump and Peter Thiel ahead of an official announcement regarding his U.S. Senate campaign.

[quote] In October 2021, Vance reiterated Trump's false claims of election fraud, saying that Trump lost the 2020 presidential election because of widespread voter fraud. On April 15, 2022, Trump endorsed Vance for U.S. Senate.

This Republican snake cannot be trusted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 19, 2024 10:48 PM

Well, the good news? I can already envision the Biden campaign ads utilizing all of these old quotes of Vance's.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2024 7:55 PM

[quote] J.D. Vance is a man who believes that the current government is so corrupt that radical, even authoritarian steps, are justified in response. He sees himself as the avatar of America’s virtuous people, whose political enemies are interlopers scarcely worthy of respect. He is a man of the law who believes the president is above it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2024 7:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2024 7:57 PM

JD Vance only WISHES he looked like Gabriel Basso, who played him in the movie "Hillbilly Elegy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2024 7:58 PM

Oh, look.

JD's grandmother. Glenn Close.

What an attractive woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2024 7:59 PM

🤮

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2024 8:01 PM

Two alpha males. Won't go well.

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2024 8:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2024 8:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2024 8:04 PM

[quote] Another two-faced, hypocritical, backtracking liar

Just shows us, OP, how much Republicans have gotten behind the racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile who is now a convicted felon. There is no legitimate opposition to him from within the GOP. Any who oppose him have retired or have been purged from the ranks. Look at Nikki Haley who condemned and distanced herself from said imbecile after the Jan 6 insurrection. She's now speaking at the convention and has endorsed him.

Sad state of affairs...all have put party over country.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2024 8:07 PM

Wow. That is one shifty, evil-looking human.

by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote] "I do wonder, how do you make that decision?" Romney mused to me as Vance was degrading himself on the campaign trail that summer. "How can you go over a line so stark as that--and for what?" Romney wished he could grab Vance by the shoulders and scream: This is not worth it! "It's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2024 8:13 PM

...and his wife is first gen and west coast to boot

[quote] Usha was born in California; per The New York Times, she is “the child of Indian immigrants,” and grew up in the suburbs of San Diego

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2024 8:16 PM

Trump will regret this choice.

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2024 8:19 PM

When I got the breaking news alert from NYT, I thought: "Good, of all the bad options they picked the worst one by far."

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2024 8:21 PM

He sho is ugly!

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2024 8:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2024 8:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2024 8:25 PM

Conservatives are kings of compromise. It hurts them more to jeer than to applaud.

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2024 8:27 PM

He’s got a weird face and does nothing to broaden the Trump base. I think this was a misstep for the campaign. (Good.)

The nanosecond of sympathy the shooting got Trump was done away with by the one-two punch of a crooked judge and another wannabe authoritarian on the GOP ticket.

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2024 8:28 PM

Jimmy Bowman is a liar, poseur and a fraud.

by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2024 8:30 PM

Was Kammy two faced about calling Joe a racist?

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2024 8:30 PM

[bold] The Biden campaigns press release [/bold]

"Donald Trump picked J.D. Vance as his running mate because Vance will do what Mike Pence wouldn't on January 6: bend over backwards to enable Trump and his extreme MAGA agenda, even if it means breaking the law and no matter the harm to the American people.

"As Trump's running mate, Vance will make it his mission to enact Trump's Project 2025 agenda at the expense of American families. This is someone who supports banning abortion nationwide while criticizing exceptions for rape and incest survivors; railed against the Affordable Care Act, including its protections for millions with preexisting conditions; and has admitted he wouldn't have certified the free and fair election in 2020.

"Billionaires and corporations are literally rooting for J.D. Vance: they know he and Trump will cut their taxes and send prices skyrocketing for everyone else.

"Over the next three and a half months, we will spend every single day making the case between the two starkly contrasting visions Americans will choose between at the ballot box this November: the Biden-Harris ticket who's focused on uniting the country, creating opportunity for everyone, and lowering costs; or Trump-Vance - whose harmful agenda will take away Americans' rights, hurt the middle class, and make life more expensive - all while benefiting the ultra-rich and greedy corporations."

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2024 8:37 PM

In what way does picking Vance benefit Trump?

He has Ohio in the bag.

He should have picked someone in the GOP closer to the center (which, on the world spectrum, would be just right of Orbán).

by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote]Was Kammy two faced about calling Joe a racist?

CLAIM: California Sen. Kamala Harris called former Vice President Joe Biden a racist when they were facing off as potential Democratic candidates for president in 2019.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Harris criticized Biden on certain topics related to race during a debate in June 2019, but she prefaced those remarks with “I do not believe you are a racist.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 15, 2024 8:45 PM

R19, can you try that again in English?

by Anonymousreply 26July 15, 2024 8:49 PM

[quote]In what way does picking Vance benefit Trump?

Vance is the Heritage Foundation's wet dream. Trump is merely doing what he has been told (by the real billionaires).

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2024 8:50 PM

R25, ignore R22. He's a troll. Better yet, everybody block him.

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2024 8:52 PM

He looks oily, unwashed and unkempt. Does he have bad breath?

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2024 8:56 PM

[quote] In what way does picking Vance benefit Trump?

Even more than what R27 said. See the VOX article at R2--the ultra rich authoritarians on the far right are out to execute a dismantling of America as they believe American's wish it to be done.

[quote] J.D. Vance was created by Peter Thiel. His book, “Hillbilly Elegy” echoed other books in the same tradition, specifically Amity Shlaes’ “The Forgotten Man,” (another Thiel favorite) which asserts that “the New Deal was bad, actually.”

[quote] Shlaes wrote that book during a fellowship at the American Enterprise Institute, a free market think tank formed to oppose the New Deal; Shlaes work draws heavily on AEI research and pamphlets from that period.

[quote] Vance fits perfectly into the Project 2025 blueprint. Anti-Ukraine, anti-dollar, pro-Bitcoin, pro-gold, his views aim to fulfill a libertarian fantasy of ending war by ending fiat currency; nevermind that kings hoarding treasure were warring well before central banks ever existed. This suggests that the animus towards “banksters” might in fact be about something else.

[quote] I have no information to confirm that Vance will be Trump’s VP pick (indeed, other options like Gabbard and even Ivanka are as likely), but he definitely ticks all the important boxes: libertarian, approved by Thiel and Musk, anti-Ukraine, anti-fiat, pro-Bitcoin, pro-gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2024 8:57 PM

His mother is a real looker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2024 9:01 PM

Re R30 He wants to devalue the dollar so people work...which is fine for people with LOTS of dollars but not so great for, you know, the actual workers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2024 9:02 PM

I predicted this more than a month ago. What people on social media don't get is Trump is NOT looking for a likable guy, he wants another hate filled politician who can pick up the MAGA torch. Today is proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 33July 15, 2024 9:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 15, 2024 9:28 PM

Vance Is MAGA Dick Cheney

[quote] Donald Trump does not give two shits about governing. He’d likely struggle to explain how a bill becomes a law or distinguish between an executive order and a presidential memorandum. His knowledge of the responsibilities of the cabinet agencies under his administration would likely be lacking as well.

[quote] However, Trump picked Vance for the same reasons George W. Bush picked Cheney — someone who has the smarts and know-how to implement the MAGA agenda. Trump may not even know this is why he picked Vance, but it’s why so many people behind Project 2025 supported Vance’s appointment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 15, 2024 9:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 15, 2024 9:42 PM

This is what happens when you entrust a heavy coke addict with picking your running mate.

by Anonymousreply 37July 15, 2024 9:45 PM

Meanwhile:

President Biden will unveil a new proposal in Nevada on Tuesday to cap rental costs nationwide

[...]

[quote] The policy push reflects the White House’s efforts to respond to widespread voter anger over high housing prices, which have soared since the pandemic

[...]

[quote] Biden’s plan — which would need to be approved by Congress — calls for stripping a tax benefit from landlords who increase their tenants’ rent more than 5 percent per year,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 15, 2024 9:49 PM

There will be a debate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 15, 2024 9:56 PM

America is going to hate this phony stumpy nothing who gives off the vibe of a middle manager who bullies you. Trump has a certain charisma, the same way a competent film villain does, which makes people love his dishonesty. Vance's phoniness is of a different nature and won't go over. This could be wonderful if the Dems replace the Biden/Harris ticket completely, or if Harris is at the top and picks a stronger candidate who'll manhandle Vance. Get Shapiro in the ticket - he can talk about how serious and effective his cooperation with the Trump shooter investigation was and blow up - to some extent - their ability to weaponize this against Dems.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2024 10:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2024 10:10 PM

Here's hoping Mike Pence's fly from the 2020 VP debate will make another appearance at this year's debate, R39.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2024 10:25 PM

This is the kind of guy that can’t do anything scripted. He probably doesn’t even know what humor is.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2024 10:30 PM

Unscripted I meant. He has to probably open a binder and dig for the answer to “Are you human?”

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2024 10:36 PM

Any relation to Vivian?

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2024 10:37 PM

I am so worn out with this shit, two steps forward, once step back. Vance is going to be hated by the Democrats and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED by the Republicans. It wont matter if he debates Kamala and she wipes the floor with him, voter opinion wont change 1 point. Since we are talking about undecided voters, we are talking about people who dont pay attention to politics. First impressions and memes are going to decide this election.

Kamala needs a to throw a "wine cave moment" to Vance and his billionaire donor.

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2024 10:45 PM

I’d tell Kamala to let the air out of his tires, but him falling off a bike would be an improvement. I’m sure most Republicans can understand jokes like that.

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2024 10:51 PM

I think he’s a turd. But I will concede that he’s done more in his 39 years than all of us Elder Gays combined have done. But I sure as hell don’t want him to be VP.

by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2024 11:00 PM

[quote] But I sure as hell don’t want him to be VP.

It would be good for the country if the press found something disqualifying about him before the convention is over, but they would probably hold it until after.

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2024 11:04 PM

[quote]But I will concede that he’s done more in his 39 years than all of us Elder Gays combined have done.

Maybe you, hun, but don't lump those of us who have rich, rewarding lives with the likes of Vance and yourself.

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2024 11:18 PM

His wife is Asian? You all know what that means! He's one step from being gay!

by Anonymousreply 51July 15, 2024 11:20 PM

100% closeted.

by Anonymousreply 52July 15, 2024 11:26 PM

It's a special accomplishment when you can make Ron DeSantis seem sane, jovial and likeable in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 53July 15, 2024 11:26 PM

Can someone explain his wife to me? Child of immigrants, highly educated (Yale, Cambridge), Democrat until 2014. How unlikely is this match?

by Anonymousreply 54July 15, 2024 11:35 PM

After reading about Hillbilly Elegy on Wikipedia, it actually sounds like a pretty good movie.

Has anyone here seen it?

I must admit, the year Glenn was nominated for playing his grandmother, I had never heard of, nor seen the movie.

And I still haven't.

Now that it's back in the news because of his potential Vice-Presidency, I might check it out.

I mean, Glenn Close and Amy Adams were in it, so it can't be THAT bad. Right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 16, 2024 6:05 AM

So you want everyone to watch a movie where JD Vance gets a royalty every time the numbers go up? PASS.

by Anonymousreply 56July 16, 2024 6:25 AM

It’s as phones as HE is, r55.

Middletown, Ohio is closer to INDIANA than it is to Appalachia. My mom grew up there.

He has a fake name, a fake personna and fake ass book.

by Anonymousreply 57July 16, 2024 6:26 AM

r57 I haven't watched the movie, but there are "hillbillies" ALL over Ohio. (I say this as a native Ohioan.) They may be ever so slightly more concentrated in the southeastern part of the state (which borders West Virginia), but not by much. Actually, in southern Ohio (including Dayton and Cincinnati), they even have a word for hicks from Kentucky who move to Ohio: briar.

by Anonymousreply 58July 16, 2024 8:30 AM

[quote] I haven't watched the movie, but there are "hillbillies" ALL over Ohio. (I say this as a native Ohioan.)

In the movie "A Christmas Story," Ralphie's family lives in Cleveland, and he refers to his neighbors The Bumpuses as "their hillbilly neighbors."

If this minor detail was important enough to include in the movie, then there must be a lot of hillbillies in Ohio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 16, 2024 9:37 AM

I really can't stand looking at his Indian wife.

What is it about those people that attracts them to the Republican party?

You would think they would know better, but apparently not.

They really are Deplorables.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 16, 2024 9:44 AM

They seem to be the new war mail order brides of today. Basically whatever "the man" wants. In fact you can tell his wife is just like that, from CA was a registered Democrat until 2014. About when they got married I think.

Her background sounds impressive as a grad from Yale, but it's really not. Her field of study was History and Philosophy.

Chilukuri and Vance collaborated to organize a discussion group at Yale focused on the topic of "social decline in white America."

by Anonymousreply 61July 16, 2024 9:54 AM

[quote] Chilukuri and Vance collaborated to organize a discussion group at Yale focused on the topic of "social decline in white America."

That's strange.

Why would the "social decline in white America" be important to HER, of all people?

She's not white.

Just another self-loathing Indian, like Nimrata Haley and Piyush "Bobby" Jindal and that Ramyswamy guy.

by Anonymousreply 62July 16, 2024 9:59 AM

I hate Vance, r61, but neither history nor philosophy is an "easy" field of study.

First-order logic (also known as predicate logic) is often used to weed out students, at least in my program, which was at a school much less impressive than Yale.

There's a reason physics and philosophy majors tend to score highest on the LSAT.

by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2024 10:00 AM

R62 the caste system is extremely reactionary, I think Indians to some extent are inclined to favor a rigid hierarchy. There’s an issue with tech companies where low caste workers are bullied and ostracized subversively by higher caste workers and unable to really do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2024 11:30 AM

He’s specifically attacked the “childless left” and is against gay marriage.

He’s made nasty comments about people without children and how we threaten the family and how patents should be valued more, etc.

Worse than clown Trump.

by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2024 11:46 AM

^parents not patents.

by Anonymousreply 66July 16, 2024 11:46 AM

All the MAGA morons who are whining about Vance will still vote for Dump anyway. Same for all the rest of the Republicans. Nothing could stop them.

He's very ugly without the beard isn't he. Hope they don't hang him!

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2024 12:16 PM

[quote]Worse than clown Trump.

Nobody is worse than Dump R65. Impossible.

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2024 12:21 PM

He’s worse because he’s smart. Trump is a clown. People like Vance are terrifying because he hates gays, he hates women and he is smart and he gets shit done. And he’s only 39. He’s not going anywhere.

If Trump wins, then Vance could very well be President in 4 years.

THAT really scares me.

I’m officially MARYing reading about this guy.

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2024 12:25 PM

He’s will probably be president. He’s rotten and he’s what the USA deserves..

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2024 12:38 PM

Fuck all y’all. We don’t deserve it

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2024 1:06 PM

Fuck the "This is what America deserves" trolls.

You know what America doesn't deserve? The electoral system that suppresses the popular vote election after election and general voter suppression.

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2024 1:23 PM

He’s a hillbilly too?

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2024 2:08 PM

He's a fauxbilly, r73

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2024 2:11 PM

A politician who is fake! What a shocker!!!

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2024 3:03 PM

Regarding the pic OP linked: did his mama mate with a brown bear? No wonder he doesn't like to talk about his father.

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2024 3:12 PM

[quote] He’s a hillbilly too?

Even worse.

He's a MILLENNIAL hillbilly.

Stupid AND annoying!

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2024 4:44 PM

I know all about briars, r58. I come from a long line and my father was one.

Jimmy states that Middletown is “Appalachia”. It is NOT.

He uses a fake name, writes a fake book and is an all around lying, fat phoney.

by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2024 6:53 PM

If Trump wins, then Vance could very well be President in 4 years.

Trump won’t last 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote]If Trump wins, then Vance could very well be President in 4 years.

Yep. That's the way system has worked for years.

Unless Trump gets in and fucks it up beyond repair.

by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2024 7:56 PM

Ask Al Gore how that worked out for him.

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2024 7:57 PM

Millennial? What is approximate age range?

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2024 8:07 PM

Millennials include people born between 1981 and 1996.

by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2024 8:09 PM

JD Vance and his family are so common and trashy. I can just imagine his trifling mother showing up for a State Dinner in Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots.

by Anonymousreply 84July 16, 2024 8:27 PM

I'm sure she and Melania will have so many things to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 85July 16, 2024 8:29 PM

August 12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 17, 2024 8:30 PM

Have we ever had a President with a beard and initials for a name?

by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2024 2:00 AM

His beard is his wife with flat tits.

by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2024 2:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2024 3:22 PM

Some people will do anything for power. See Lindsay Graham. Same kind of rotten person.

by Anonymousreply 90July 18, 2024 3:38 PM

He won't be president. IF trump dies in office Vance will become president for the remainder but I doubt anyone would vote for him if he tries to run. He doesn't have any personality and they all love Trump but without Trump, it's not maga anymore. Vance is weird people won't warm up to him like they do Trump. People have said (I know you don't want to hear it) Trump is very charming. Keith Olberman who once lived in the same building before Trump was pres said Trump would give you the shirt off his back and he is charming. Kieth was saying this to Bill Maher and both of them were wondering if the charm was real. This conversation happened right after Trump announced. Narcissists are very charming but dangerous people. I think Trump wins people over for a short time but like all narcissists, they end up being their own worst enemies.

by Anonymousreply 91July 18, 2024 10:44 PM

It's going to be hell for his beard - on one side she's a traitor, on the other she's a brown invader

by Anonymousreply 92July 18, 2024 10:57 PM

i got a really dark ominous feeling watching JD talk about the working man and how the GOP is going to get behind the small guy - the peter thiel connected venture capitalist. if their base will buy that they will buy fucking ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 93July 18, 2024 10:58 PM

Not that I give speeches but I didn't like his speech. He was pretty clearing reading so not a lot of convincing emphasis or fluidity you might get with someone more experienced. And nothing spontaneous or heartfelt feeling. I feel like he fake waited for the crowd to quiet down like they wouldn't let him start but the crowd wasn't roaring at all. Or maybe it's the idea of the speaker admiring the crowd for a minute but they were good to listen the moment he hit the podium.

by Anonymousreply 94July 18, 2024 10:59 PM

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump recently selected Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance as his running mate. The Onion takes a look at the author and venture capitalist’s background and political stances.

Hometown: Decay, Ohio

Alma Mater: Ohio State University, Yale School of Political Pandering

Ethnicity: Mountain white

Conservative Credentials: Somehow both rich and poor?

Current Larval Stage: Pupa

Books: Hillbilly Elegy, The Wizards Of Elzagard I-III, The Children Of Elzagard IV-V, Elzagard Chornicles: The Crystal Of Sa’Sakar I-IX, Encyclopedia Elzagarium: The Complete Companion To The Elzagard Realm

Go-To Eyeliner Brand: Covergirl Intensify Me! Liquid Liner in Intense Black

When Scanned At Vet, Microchip Identifies Owner As: Peter Thiel

Vice Vice President Pick: Matt Gaetz

Greatest Liability: Attraction to electric bug zappers

Number Of Times Trump Has Issued Order To Have Him Killed: 12

Pet Names For Grandparents: Mamaw and Pissbucket

by Anonymousreply 95July 18, 2024 11:34 PM

[quote] Vance’s memo and intensive scrutiny of President Biden’s ambassador nominees reflects his view that cultural elitism has infected America’s diplomatic corps and needs to be rooted out through extraordinary vetting efforts, said U.S. officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss closed-door meetings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 19, 2024 10:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!