Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former F1 Driver Ralf Schumacher Comes Out as Gay

Former Formula One driver Ralf Schumacher came out as gay in a touching post on social media.

Schumacher, 49 — a grand prix winner who comes from a family of F1 drivers, including older brother Michael Schumacher and stepbrother Sebastian Stahl — shared that he was in a relationship on Instagram on Sunday, July 14.

The driver's post included a photo of himself and another man, Etienne, with their arms around one another as they watched the sunset over the ocean. "The most beautiful thing in life is when you have the right partner by your side with whom you can share everything," Schumacher wrote in the caption, which was translated from German into English.

Schumacher's post was met with an outpour of support from friends and family, including his son, racer David Schumacher, 22. "I am very happy that you have finally found someone with whom you really feel that you feel very comfortable and secure, no matter if you are a man or a woman, I am 100% behind you dad and wish you all the best and congratulations," he wrote in the comments of his father's post.

According to CNN, Schumacher was previously married to David's mother, Cora Brinkmann.

Schumacher is just the second known male Formula One driver to come out as gay. The first was Briton Mike Beuttler, who raced between 1971 and 1973. Beuttler died in 1988, per CNN.

Schumacher raced for 11 years and won multiple grands prix before retiring from motorsports in 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2024 9:06 PM

The happy couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2024 6:19 PM

My. Miss Schumacher likes 'em young.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2024 6:20 PM

Shirtless boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2024 6:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2024 6:20 PM

Etienne, mon dieu!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2024 6:20 PM

I knew.

by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2024 6:21 PM

Twinsies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2024 6:22 PM

Etienne has major bitchface.

He's definitely the bottom.

So I guess Ralph is the top?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2024 6:23 PM

Ralf's 22 year old son David is much better looking than his father.

Nicer features.

Ralf has the face of a boxer who got punched one too many times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote] Ralf's 22 year old son David is much better looking than his father.

That's clearly a matter of opinion.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2024 6:27 PM

Are we sure David isn't gay too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 15, 2024 6:27 PM

David's hair and eyebrows are on point!

And maybe a little bit of lip gloss.

Just saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2024 6:30 PM

Are you kidding, R9? David looks like he's just beginning puberty.

Ralf Schumacher is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2024 6:52 PM

Some of us like that, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14July 15, 2024 6:55 PM

Progress. I'm happy for Ralf. That family needs some good news and more happiness after what happened to Michael.

by Anonymousreply 15July 15, 2024 6:55 PM

Who's Michael, and what happened to him R15?

I don't follow F1.

I just liked this story because some straight guy came out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 16July 15, 2024 6:57 PM

He fell while skiing and suffered a terrible head injury. I think he's still in a coma. His wife has him getting very good care at one of their homes and they're very private about his condition.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2024 7:01 PM

Thanks, R17.

That's really sad.

by Anonymousreply 18July 15, 2024 7:05 PM

R16, Michael is the more successful F1 driver of the two. He held many world titles. He has not been seen in public since 2013/14 when he suffered a traumatic brain injury in a skiing accident. He was in a medically induced coma for quite some time. We really do not know how much he has recovered. I've read that he is conscious.

by Anonymousreply 19July 15, 2024 7:06 PM

This is the the first race car driver to come out, I see a pattern. A lot of those guy are young and THIN so they can put less weight on the car and look good in their racing gear.

by Anonymousreply 20July 15, 2024 7:10 PM

David: "Mom, Dad? I have something to tell you. I'm gay."

Ralf: "Welcome to the family, son!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 15, 2024 7:28 PM

He's a handsome daddy!

by Anonymousreply 22July 15, 2024 7:32 PM

He is much better looking than his son.

by Anonymousreply 23July 15, 2024 7:41 PM

His son looks like the Tiffany of the family.

by Anonymousreply 24July 15, 2024 7:59 PM

I hope this could be an incentive for other F1 closet queens (like Lando and Sainz Jr.) to finally come out.

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2024 4:52 AM

The only thing nice going on lately is these big sports figures coming out publically.

by Anonymousreply 26July 16, 2024 8:39 AM

One of the UK websites (gay times I think) announced that Ralf had come out as LGBTQ+ and people were speculating he is now a lesbian.

But good for Ralfie and little Etienne

by Anonymousreply 27July 16, 2024 8:49 AM

I call BULLSHIT! Per unusual I've checked my TOP SECRET EYES ONLY ! *world wide database* of KNOW HOMOSEXUALISTS.. There is no listing for a Ralf Schumacher, R.Schumacer,Ralph Schumacher,Ray Schumacher,Half Shoemaker. This man is clearly NOT A GAY. Just another obvious attempt at PUBLICITY and you dumb DL *queens* fall for a FALSE FLAG! yet again! IDIOTS!

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2024 4:29 PM

Young David Schumacher has "obnoxious rich kid face"

by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2024 5:15 PM

I confess I know nothing about F1. A childhood friend of mine stopped watching after he gave up weed for good, claimed he finally saw how boring it was.

Is Lewis Hamilton a NOTORIOUS CLOSET CASE?

by Anonymousreply 30July 16, 2024 5:18 PM

[quote] Is Lewis Hamilton a NOTORIOUS CLOSET CASE?

These two make a cute couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 16, 2024 5:25 PM

If I remember correctly even back then, people who paid attention knew that he wasn't straight. Marrying this beard Cora made things even more obvious to me. Those two had the opposite of chemistry. Cora was pretty much an insta-ho before it was a thing. And Ralf was so home-spun and grounded. It made zero sense. The agent did not a good job with these two. What I don't understand is the the kid as a result. I understand that bearding was considered a must-do twenty-five years ago. But why get a kid out of that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2024 5:26 PM

Schumacher is very attractive, much more so than his son.

The boyfriend I have no use for — that awful teeny nosejob nose. Why do guys do this to themselves?

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2024 5:51 PM

Mon Dieu, Etienne is in the Front National!

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2024 8:30 PM

Charles LeClerc is a noted pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2024 8:32 PM

Is this the most antisocial sport of all?

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2024 8:36 PM

[quote] Mon Dieu, Etienne is in the Front National!

Isn't that the French right-wing party that supports Marine LePen?

Link, please!

by Anonymousreply 37July 16, 2024 8:38 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2024 8:41 PM

It's called the Rassemblement National (RN, or National Rally) now. Its current leader is Jordan Bardella (who succeeded Marine Le Pen).

by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2024 8:42 PM

Because people want kids, r32.

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote] Mon Dieu, Etienne is in the Front National!

I will never understand gay people who support right-wing Nazis.

It's the equivalent of the Log Cabin Republicans in the US.

It is the ULTIMATE betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2024 8:49 PM

[quote]I will never understand gay people who support right-wing Nazis.

Young French left-wing YouTuber Alice Cappelle explains quite well the large number of gay men in the National Rally and in various international fascist parties throughout history, as well as the appeal of fascist ideology to certain gay men. Among other reasons, she cites the homosocial environment and anti-Islamism.

Even Marine Le Pen herself had some lesbian rumors at some stage, related to her close female friend who lived with her. Of course, those rumors were quickly shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2024 9:04 PM

Reading OP I saw the mention of Briton Mike Beuttler, the only other "out" F1 racer. Saw he died in 1988...had a feeling as to why. And I was right! Gays and the 1980s. Not a good mix.

by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2024 10:26 PM

I’d hit it.

The boyfriend scored.

by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2024 11:21 PM

Once you've had crack you can't go back.

by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2024 12:40 AM

R43. Connie Britton is still very much with us!

Oh, never mind.

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2024 12:42 AM

So is Connie Selleca, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2024 1:35 AM

R47. Isn’t that a car, and not a person?

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2024 1:38 AM

R48. Yes. Rose, hand me the newspaper...the business section right there...

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2024 1:41 AM

R49. When I do my business, I don’t read the newspaper.

I like doodling.

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2024 1:46 AM

Ghjk

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2024 11:19 PM

Seven-time F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton believes Ralf Schumacher’s decision to come out as gay sends a “positive message” and is hopeful it “liberates others to be able to do the same”.

On Sunday, Schumacher announced that he’s in a same-sex relationship, posting an image arm-in-arm with his boyfriend.

Schumacher’s announcement means he’s only the third driver to race in F1’s history to be LGBTQ+.

Hamilton has been a big supporter of the LGBTQ+ community, sporting a rainbow flag on his racing helmet over the years in countries such as Saudi Arabia and Qatar, where homosexuality is illegal.

Speaking ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix, where Crash.net are present in the paddock, Hamilton reacted to Schumacher’s news.

“I think clearly he’s not felt comfortable enough to say it in the past,” Hamilton said when asked why it took so long for Schumacher to make his sexuality public knowledge.

“But I think it just shows that we are in the time and finally can take that step and don’t have to fear. Hopefully people will say that. I think so far I’ve heard only positive feedback from people."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 18, 2024 9:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!