Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think the Trump shooting was staged?

I have some issues with believing it to be genuine: - Trump ducked BEFORE there was a shot - Secret Service didn't fully cover him (though it would be pretty tough to) - It would have hit more than one person had it actually grazed his ear

We all know he's a stunt queen, and we all know he's disgusting and morally bankrupt enough to stage something like this. So I'm not convinced on the "lone gunman" answer.

by Anonymousreply 173July 27, 2024 4:22 PM

I honestly don't think I have really believed any conspiracy theories before but I do believe he is capable of planning this.

by Anonymousreply 1July 15, 2024 5:03 AM

I think the shooting was arranged to kill him and elements of the government were in on it.

by Anonymousreply 2July 15, 2024 5:20 AM

That's the problem, r1, it's far-fetched but he *is* that devious to do it.

by Anonymousreply 3July 15, 2024 5:23 AM

Didn't he advertise the fact that it was going to be an explosive event beforehand?

by Anonymousreply 4July 15, 2024 5:26 AM

I suspicion LBJ. I just can’t decide if it’s the late former president or the man who has a claim on being basketball’s GOAT.

by Anonymousreply 5July 15, 2024 5:28 AM

Ahem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 15, 2024 6:08 AM

No spreading conspiracy doesn’t help. Need to defeat him fair and square

by Anonymousreply 7July 15, 2024 6:10 AM

I do. Trump made a plan to stage his assassination with the help of Bilderbergs. They took advantage of the fact that Soros was vacationing on Bahamas and couldn't prevent it. The Bilderbergs made a deal with Putin who promissed them Stalin's reliquia-his tooth, that can make imortal.

It wasn't really Trump on the stage it was lizard man-cousin of English royals, who is bulletproof. The poor guy they chose as killer accepted the job, cause he knew he was dying anyway, because he had been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 8July 15, 2024 6:23 AM

No no no, Hillary arranged it and Soros wrote the check.

by Anonymousreply 9July 15, 2024 7:09 AM

The same people who faked 9/11 faked the assassination! Jet fuel doesn't melt steel girders! All three fatalities were crisis actors. Trump had a tiny sachet of goat's blood concealed in his hair and one of his security pierced it at an agreed time.

by Anonymousreply 10July 15, 2024 7:13 AM

Actually one of the European papers showed a slver thing on Trump's ear that could have contained blood. THe primary reason for thinking it staged was tehy said the shooter didn't make the high school rifle team because he was a poor shot.

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2024 5:43 AM

It reeked of cheesy Russian-style psy-op.

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2024 5:44 AM

jewish space lasers. american lebensborn. as noted above, european royal lizard race. duh

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2024 7:54 AM

I’m thinking the Jewish space lasers would be way more effective, and probably did their intended job.

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2024 5:52 PM

Wow, that poll is depressing. Too many of you have lost your minds (if you ever had any). I consider this a basic IQ test. If you think it was staged given everything that is actual fact, you are not a smart person. Come on at me. IDGAF. It really is time to tune out of politics and just post on the fun threads. Last political post on here I ever make.

by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2024 5:55 PM

Welcome to DataDemocraticUndergroundLounge!

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2024 5:59 PM

Of course, R15. This is QAnon territory. Confirming something I’ve long known. Extremism is not only the province of the far right. Fortunately the Democratic leaders are not, unlike their Republican counterparts, seized with this condition.

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2024 5:59 PM

They should have stuck with the glass shard story. But he wanted it to be dramatic. Obviously he'd no longer have an ear if that was an AR-15 bullet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2024 6:05 PM

Four people were shot. Two are dead.

Anyone who set this up would be guilty of murder.

So, no. Not fake.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2024 6:10 PM

Bless your heart, r19.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2024 6:12 PM

I initially thought this was staged, mainly because most of Trump's events and audience participation and incidents have been staged. But the fact that 3 other people were shot, this was not staged.

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2024 6:23 PM

The same damn egocentric, power loving, mafioso wanna , punk ass bitch who planned and executed 1/6/21 ia the same asshole behind this low grade publicity stunt by this craven media whore and his buddies. That there were other peopke killed or wounded means they were simply collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2024 6:32 PM

Disgraced former Brazilian president Bolsonaro might have a thing or two to say about this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2024 6:36 PM

I don’t think it was staged but his security detail was proven to be grossly negligent.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2024 7:03 PM

Another sniper tells all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 17, 2024 1:13 AM

Yes. There was too much "negligence" by the Secret Service ( the building he shot from was being used as a staging area by law enforcement). Plus, as someone said earlier, if this was an AR weapon, there would be a lot more damage than a nick on the ear. And where did the bullet go after it grazed him? It should have hit someone seated behind him.

by Anonymousreply 26July 17, 2024 1:30 AM

R25 you believe some random asshole on youtube? He doesn't seem the least bit credible. NY Post has a so-called Canadian sniper also saying the government did it. When Trump wins again, it will be so hard to go back to all stupid Qannon and Blueannon conspiracy shit.

by Anonymousreply 27July 17, 2024 1:42 AM

Vitamins help the brain function, try some. The 8ntellect on this thread makes us look special.

by Anonymousreply 28July 17, 2024 2:07 AM

No I don't.

by Anonymousreply 29July 17, 2024 2:54 AM

It’s hard not to be skeptical when it happened so close to the start of the RNC.

Allegedly, a cell phone (not a surprise) and a transmitter were found near the shooter’s body. Can’t help but wonder who he was keeping in touch with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 17, 2024 3:04 AM

R30, everyone has a cell phone. It’s not ominous.

by Anonymousreply 31July 17, 2024 4:21 AM

[quote]Actually one of the European papers showed a slver thing on Trump's ear that could have contained blood.

One of the "European papers"?

Link please

by Anonymousreply 32July 17, 2024 4:27 AM

Bro anyone who thinks this shit was stage is an idiot. His ear was grazed. The gunman is dead. Make it make sense.

Perhaps I should have alerted the CIA to the dreams I was having.

by Anonymousreply 33July 17, 2024 4:47 AM

A 20 years old with a new gun and no training comes within an inch of success while snipers on 300 yards away have no trouble taking him out? Thing again R22.

by Anonymousreply 34July 17, 2024 4:54 AM

A strategy like this is really risky, so you should only use it in a desperate situation, like when you're winning the election in all the polls by a comfortable margin

by Anonymousreply 35July 17, 2024 6:41 AM

The keen sleuthing offered in this thread offers insight on how the open & shut guilt of Oswald is still so widely disputed, lo these many years later.

by Anonymousreply 36July 17, 2024 10:13 AM

R300 Crooks was only 150 yards away, he regularly went target shooting, and happened to go up side of structure during the rally. A few of the attendees near the building saw him and called out to law enforcement, but there was a delay in doing anything. I see it as suicide by cop. Regardless of the outcome of his targets there was no way he was not going to be taken out.

by Anonymousreply 37July 17, 2024 1:00 PM

I’ll just put this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 17, 2024 1:40 PM

The world runs on and is governed by conspiracies. Any claim that all allegations of conspiracy are "mentally ill" is just idiot nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 39July 17, 2024 1:59 PM

"Make it make sense."

Donald J. Trump. Craven fame whore, desperately seeks attention and adulation. Incredible egomaniac. Only cares about accumulation of wealth and power at any cost. Organized 1/6/21 in a desperate attempt to remain in power. Needs to be reelected at any cost lest his fat, white, entitled ass ends up in jail.

Need anything else?

by Anonymousreply 40July 17, 2024 2:08 PM

I don't know if it was staged but I don't think the bullet grazed him. It was glass. A bullet would have done major damage to his ear.

Last I heard the asshole had not even called the dead guy's widow. Biden did but she refused to talk to him as her hubs was such a dedicated magat and he would not have wanted her to. Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41July 17, 2024 2:20 PM

All I can say is a lot of things don’t look right. It’s obviously a real shooting, but what was the motive? Could the secret service truly be this incompetent? Why no reporting of Trump’s actual injury?

Don’t mock people for their questioning this circus. Trump IS the boy who cried wolf. And if I remember correctly that boy was eaten.

by Anonymousreply 42July 17, 2024 3:45 PM

His reaction was so unlike his usual flinchy, pussified self. Why didn't the SS tackle his ass or even muss his hair? Why was he allowed to fist pump and chant fight fight fight? The only thing that rang true was him whining "myyyy shooooooeees!"

by Anonymousreply 43July 17, 2024 4:06 PM

All the QAnon folks I know say this was all staged. FDR knew Dec 7 was going to happen and the moon landing was faked.

You get the best QAnon news directly from QAnon or via the DL.

by Anonymousreply 44July 17, 2024 4:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 17, 2024 4:15 PM

I do find it strange that no manifesto’s been found.

I mean isn’t a manifesto an essential piece of the assassin’s toolkit?

by Anonymousreply 46July 17, 2024 4:17 PM

Some guy on Yahoo comments:

"There is quite a bit missing here. The FBI, Secret Service and all Local Law Enforcement know that this actually starts from where the vehicle was parked. How was he able to get from the vehicle to the location carrying an AR-15 an absolutely no Law Enforcement notice? Remember, the weapon belonged to his father and he had borrowed it that morning to supposedly go to the shooting range. Then you have a multitude of people in the crowd (again, supposedly) letting Agents know that there is someone on the roof with a weapon and there is a delay in response because it is the Local Law Enforcement who is in charge of that building. How did this person get past them to get on the roof? It doesn't matter that they had people inside of a building, where was the outside perimeter security that was supposed to be in place? How can you see a shooter inside a building unless it is pointed out to you? They were there to stop anyone with a weapon, not act as "sitting" marksmen inside a building."

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2024 4:29 PM

"Donald Trump doesn't have stitches after assassination attempt, but a "nice flesh wound," Eric Trump says"

But Dr. Ronny Johnson says he examined him and he lost a piece of the top of his ear.

by Anonymousreply 48July 17, 2024 4:31 PM

Trump has previously given SS instructions to not confiscate guns at his rallies

by Anonymousreply 49July 17, 2024 4:37 PM

I assume those who go to conspiracy are ill-educated, watch Fox or only TikTok, and have no sense of history or psychology...Also you mother probably drank heavily when she was pregnant with you. What a bunch of morons

by Anonymousreply 50July 17, 2024 4:38 PM

Melania's cooch = grassy knoll.

by Anonymousreply 51July 17, 2024 4:41 PM

Did you miss that “(not a surprise)” was written R31?

by Anonymousreply 52July 17, 2024 4:44 PM

With all the conspiracy wackos here, I have to wonder why all hatred towards Trump, the conspiracist in chief.

by Anonymousreply 53July 17, 2024 5:20 PM

Why does this teacup creature keep changing his name and pretending to be black?

by Anonymousreply 54July 17, 2024 11:07 PM

R54 I’m not no mafuckin creature. You not gon disparage me on here with outdated racially offensive language. That’s what you not gon do. I don’t wtf happen to you in life and made you this way.

by Anonymousreply 55July 17, 2024 11:12 PM

[quote]Biden (called but the dead guy's widow) refused to talk to him as her hubs was such a dedicated magat and he would not have wanted her to.

Then, oh well - no great loss there.

by Anonymousreply 56July 17, 2024 11:27 PM

[QUOTE] This is QAnon territory.

The way so many DL clowns are convinced that all young handsome actors and singers are closeted and bearding is more evidence of this.

by Anonymousreply 57July 18, 2024 1:20 AM

Trump's post-attempt behavior is strange. Where are the 3 am rages in all CAPS and exclammation points? Spewing bizarre theories and calling for people to be fired? He just swans around the convention in his bandage like the cat who ate the canary.

by Anonymousreply 58July 18, 2024 1:38 AM

Because at this point he is the cat that ate the canary. He doesn't have to do anything right now he is being praised and even our allies are kissing up to him. They know what's up. All he has to do is walk around with a big bandaid on his ear to remind everyone of his incredible bravery. I think the strategy is to wait until after he is elected to torment us.

by Anonymousreply 59July 18, 2024 1:46 AM

As incompetent as they are, it will come out. They can't help it

by Anonymousreply 60July 18, 2024 1:49 AM

Catch us if you can..

by Anonymousreply 61July 18, 2024 1:50 AM

[quote] Where are the 3 am rages in all CAPS and exclammation points?

They're back. Biden dropped out.

"I should be re-imbursed for campaigning against Joe" "I WILL NOT DEBATE KAMALA!" "JOE NEVER HAD COVID!"

by Anonymousreply 62July 23, 2024 4:08 AM

I heard somewhere that it was actually Republicans who were trying to have him rubbed out because he was not a neocon. The neocons wanted him rubbed out.

by Anonymousreply 63July 23, 2024 4:14 AM

I'm 100% convinced it wasn't staged. However, I love that Trump is on the receiving end of this conspiracy theory. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving turd.

by Anonymousreply 64July 23, 2024 4:19 AM

[quote]I heard somewhere that it was actually Republicans who were trying to have him rubbed out because he was not a neocon. The neocons wanted him rubbed out.

Yes, but Liz Cheney has tried every way short of it to remove him. Now her power has decreased dramatically, so I'm not sure she could pull it off.

by Anonymousreply 65July 23, 2024 6:25 AM

It's hard to believe the Secret Service director would submit to the aggressive grilling she got from Congress, complete with calls for her resignation and impeachment, without spilling the beans.

People who think this was a conspiracy by Trump, do you think she's in on it? Do you think she's protecting him by admitting that the Secret Service "failed"? How do you explain her behavior?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 23, 2024 10:17 AM

R66 yes it all started with Joe Biden hiring her because he knew her well. Then Joe and her decided to protect Trump from from …from …well …from something.

We at QAnon know

You me and QAnon we all think the same see you at the next monthly Q meeting remember to bring those great cookies,

by Anonymousreply 67July 23, 2024 11:12 AM

Why did the secret service people look and behave like the movie Zoolander? They looked like actors. They did little to help him. Didn’t whisk him anywhere. Let him fuck around…. The blood was like a wrestling show. The whole thing seemed fake. The enormous bandage to cover It all up.

by Anonymousreply 68July 23, 2024 1:15 PM

R68 would have done so much better.

It looked like confusion and maybe incompetent. Q only the Q morons are going on about fake.

by Anonymousreply 69July 23, 2024 1:32 PM

R68 = QAnon Shaman

by Anonymousreply 70July 24, 2024 6:11 AM

No because his hatred drove someone mad.

by Anonymousreply 71July 24, 2024 6:23 AM

R62 "I should be re-imbursed for campaigning against Joe"

A presidential campaign should be focused on what your platform and agenda is and what you will deliver to the American people. Trump is the one who decides to campaign on negativity and trying to defame his opponent. Sorry Donnie, no backsies.

by Anonymousreply 72July 24, 2024 12:59 PM

R72

Yes Dems should not be attacking Trump and Vance directly but only talking about their own agenda said no one ever who has ever been involved with national politics.

by Anonymousreply 73July 24, 2024 1:14 PM

R72: Michelle Obama meant well with "They go low, we go high" but no. Just NO.

by Anonymousreply 74July 24, 2024 1:26 PM

R73 I completely agree. Dems shouldn't be taking the Buddhist spiritual good behavior approach when their opponents are using their fascist scorched earth method of politics.

by Anonymousreply 75July 24, 2024 8:39 PM

My proof is that Trump would be enraged, calling for everyone associated with event and their grandma to be sent to the gallows. But he just seems bemused and oddly tight-lipped.

And there's no way anyone could be holding a squirt gun at one of those rallies and go unscathed. It's almost laughable. But then so was 9/11...

by Anonymousreply 76July 24, 2024 10:28 PM

R76 that is not your proof . You stole that. And I know where from. The same exact thing , virtually word for word, was said in my recent QAnon news update for July.

by Anonymousreply 77July 25, 2024 1:22 PM

[quote]But he just seems bemused and oddly tight-lipped.

At a guess he's still in shock that he came within an inch of being shot dead by a child-like gamma male live on TV. Part of him dares not raise hell (at least publicly), because even he grasps his astonishing luck in being here at all.

by Anonymousreply 78July 25, 2024 1:36 PM

[quote] At a guess he's still in shock that he came within an inch of being shot dead

Incredibly, he appears to be the opposite of being in shock.

by Anonymousreply 79July 25, 2024 3:00 PM

The assassination attempt itself may not have been staged, but Trump definitely rehearsed for it knowing something like this would happen at some point. That fist pumping and shouting "fight fight fight" was just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 80July 25, 2024 3:16 PM

It’s difficult to know how one would react to being shot unless and until one has been shot.

by Anonymousreply 81July 25, 2024 3:36 PM

R80

And some people think gay men are not that bright or even delusional.. Yes of course you hit it, Trump realized he would be winged by a gun man , but not hurt badly, so he practiced what he would do to look like a hero.

My sources tell me he also practiced what to do if he was gut shot. Or shot in the mouth but not a kill shot. A bad shot to one arm he knew he would raise the other arm.

The agents of course practiced as well.

R80 once again speaks the truth

by Anonymousreply 82July 25, 2024 3:38 PM

Definitely not staged, but there's some question as to whether Trump was actually struck by a bullet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 25, 2024 3:43 PM

You can believe the event was staged, but not the outcome. In other words, things didn't go according to plan.

I don't think the Secret Service was in on it, but I am beginning to think that the shooter was only supposed to cause chaos - maybe by shooting off to the side or into the air. That would allow Trump to do his heroic fist pump [italic]fight fight fight[/italic] thing. But things may have gone awry when that local cop went up to the roof, panicking the shooter who then fired erratically.

I just can't get over the email Trump sent just before the rally. It's a little too spot on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 25, 2024 4:05 PM

R84 is a political/ security insider not a kook. I can spot insiders. And kooks.

by Anonymousreply 85July 25, 2024 4:08 PM

[quote]I don't think the Secret Service was in on it, but I am beginning to think that the shooter was only supposed to cause chaos - maybe by shooting off to the side or into the air.

Both the Secret Service and the FBI are conducting investigations of the incident -- you think the bozos in the Trump campaign could cover their tracks? Or do you think the SS and FBI will discover the truth and these massive organizations will compel all their employees to participate in a cover-up?

by Anonymousreply 86July 25, 2024 4:12 PM

He was not shot. Hit by flying plastic shards.

by Anonymousreply 87July 25, 2024 4:18 PM

[quote]maybe by shooting off to the side or into the air

There was no side to aim at, it was all people. I suppose the shooter could have aimed at the teleprompter to cause enough explosive fear to give Trump his moment. But if the idea was to allow Trump jeopardy but no more, the exploding teleprompter could have blinded him. Shooting into the air wouldn't have had impact enough to get the SS bundling into Trump.

Such fine margins, and I'm far from sure Trump would have risked any danger to himself at all. His polling was depressingly good, Biden was a whispering husk, and DL daily reflected despair about November. No real need for a contrived July surprise.

by Anonymousreply 88July 25, 2024 4:29 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 25, 2024 4:42 PM

Couldn't we clear all this up by a medical report from that afternoon?

by Anonymousreply 90July 25, 2024 4:47 PM

It's unraveling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 25, 2024 4:50 PM

[quote]Couldn't we clear all this up by a medical report from that afternoon?

Must be Trump won't allow the medical staff and hospital that treated him to share that information.

by Anonymousreply 92July 25, 2024 5:15 PM

Why would the medical people care? It was a wound and you treat it, They are not doing an investigation as to whether it was shrapnel , a direct hit, or something else.

And I don’t see why the FBI will care.

I realize why we care.

by Anonymousreply 93July 25, 2024 5:35 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you've never worked in either the medical or criminal fields, R93.

by Anonymousreply 94July 25, 2024 5:40 PM

R93, medical people want to be accurate. You do need to know what someone was hit with in order to treat the wound effectively. If it’s a splinter of something, for example, you’d want to make sure that you got all of it out. As for the FBI, this was a federal crime. Yes, they would want to know what happened. You can’t just shrug and say, oh, well I guess that worked out ok. The fact that there’s even an issue about this shows how Trump has degraded this country.

by Anonymousreply 95July 25, 2024 5:43 PM

R94 I have treated GSW and shrapnel wounds.

And no I doubt the FBI are going spend a lot of time and money on shrapnel vs bullet. It was a small tip of the ear. And easily treated small wound. It would be worth a PH though..

You think this will come up at the dead guys trial?

They will be more interested in how and why it happened.

by Anonymousreply 96July 25, 2024 5:50 PM

I don't think we try dead guys? The incident is closed with a likely suspect named.

by Anonymousreply 97July 25, 2024 6:07 PM

I find it really hard to believe that Trump would let himself be shot at, let alone in/ near the head. I also find it hard to believe the Secret Service was so incompetent, but that seems to be par for the course of the world today.

by Anonymousreply 98July 25, 2024 6:12 PM

It was my first thought, to be honest. But I don’t think Trump would hire some creepy inbred kid, no matter how good a shot he is, and trust him to only hit his ear.

by Anonymousreply 99July 25, 2024 6:12 PM

Yes there are for hire top Marine or Army former combat snipers. Some of the best shooters in the world.

Trump—-go down to the 7/11 see if any of my supporters would like to you know engage in an innocent stunt for me.

by Anonymousreply 100July 25, 2024 7:17 PM

I love how he's kicking up his heels right now, just having a ball. He thinks everything's going his way. But I imagine Joe has some September, October and November surprises. Just think how many skeletons are in Turd's closet to choose from?

by Anonymousreply 101July 25, 2024 7:19 PM

I wonder what NSA or CIA knows or thinks they know about Trump. And they would not ever have had to be listening in on trump to hear stuff. Human sources taps on others. Just hearing what others are saying about trump.

It’s just an I wonder. I try not to be a QAnon DL Troll

by Anonymousreply 102July 25, 2024 7:26 PM

The shooting was real. Some crazy person did this. But let’s face it: Trump can’t even get shot right. Several people died and that’s not enough for him. He had to lie about what happened to HIM. He’s just grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 103July 25, 2024 7:39 PM

Another thing that seems weird to me is how quickly MAGAts stopped bleating about it, given that it's been less than 2 weeks since one of the two candidates for POTUS was a target of attempted assassination.

by Anonymousreply 104July 25, 2024 7:51 PM

The nazi trolls seem awfully invested in making sure this is not seen as staged

Almost as if they’ve all received their talking points from the same source

by Anonymousreply 105July 25, 2024 9:21 PM

[quote] But I imagine Joe has some September, October and November surprises.

Joe? What’s he running for?

by Anonymousreply 106July 25, 2024 9:22 PM

[quote]R1: I honestly don't think I have really believed any conspiracy theories before but I do believe he is capable of planning this.

I 𝑑𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑡 believe he is capable of this, or anything else performatively critical like staging a shooting and a wound. It would also require the cooperation of many dozens of other persons, like the Secret Service and the responding physicians. It requires suspension of common sense to extend the supposed conspiracy to others injured or killed,* not least of all the supposed shooter and local law enforcement. The cast of such a production just gets larger and larger, beyond the scope of all probability of being carried off, or the maintenance of the kind of permanent secrecy this would require. Occam's Razor, people - Occam's Razor. It's far, far simpler and way more probable that a lack of security competence allowed it to happen, someone simply took a shot at him, missed, and was subsequently killed.

*Re: 'injured or killed': Once one goes down 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 particular rabbit hole, either to insist that

a) nobody was killed, and it was all 'crisis actors,' or

b) people were injured and died, but all for the sake of a fake shooting, 'cuz no sacrifice is too great to satisfy Trump's ego...

...then one has become completely untethered from reality, and can no longer distinguish between fact and fiction. Really, this is Alex Jones Sandy Hook-level denial, and such folk are seriously in need of an intervention - as in 'men-in-white -coats, dragged-kicking -and screaming-away from social media'-type intervention. I don't really think there's any coming back from that level of absurdity. It somewhat resembles the viral infection producing irrationality in '𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑟𝑎𝑧𝑖𝑒𝑠.'

People need to stop entertaining this bullshit, just for clicks-n-giggles, because it's damaging. It's information warfare, or information terrorism. Of course, hostile trolls promote it as disinformation/propaganda, but what are the rest of you doing, and why?

That's all.

by Anonymousreply 107July 25, 2024 10:01 PM

I.find it odd that Trump himself isn't d minding answers. If I got shot up and I felt like it was due even to incompetence or whatnot I would be raising hell every way that I could to get answers. Yeah he seems completely silent other than exploiting it for pity with his ridiculous bandage.

by Anonymousreply 108July 25, 2024 10:19 PM

IF you want to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole ... there's a rumor (theory) that The Elite wanted to get Trump off the ticket to advance Vance. A "message sent" that he should withdraw?

by Anonymousreply 109July 25, 2024 10:25 PM

I The word you are looking for is QAnon like bullshit,

by Anonymousreply 110July 25, 2024 10:30 PM

Has he taken the Post-it Note off his ear yet? Why was it so square and just stuck on there like that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 25, 2024 10:30 PM

Real-life shootings prove, over and over, that what we see in the movies is false. Do you think that bullets fly in neat straight lines? Not necessarily. Bullets from an AR-15 rifle often turn over end-to-end as they fly and, if they hit something solid, fracture into many pieces. That shrapnel, in turn, flies all over the place. It's possible that one of the bullets shot at Trump broke into debris and a piece of metal winged his ear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 26, 2024 1:28 AM

FBI Director Christopher Wray said they're not convinced a bullet hit him that it was likely shrapnel.

by Anonymousreply 113July 26, 2024 1:33 AM

113 responses and NOT ONE mentions "tin hat"? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 114July 26, 2024 3:56 AM

the shooting wasn't staged, and that shrapnel struck Trump is plausible. Still the FBI has many other questions to answer regarding the performance of the Secret Service on that day.

by Anonymousreply 115July 26, 2024 4:20 AM

That’s some prime, Alex Jones-level, brand of madness, R105, to claim only “Nazi trolls” could believe this was not some staged event. Lots of (adult & child) actors must be gainfully employed to be engaged in these multiple conspiratorial enterprises.

by Anonymousreply 116July 26, 2024 5:29 AM

The 'incompetent Secret Service" thing is easy to explain: The A-Team (and the B & C teams) get the IMPORTANT assignments: The President, The VP, certain beloved ex-presidents. The agents assigned to Trump are definitely the D-listers. They're simply not good enough for "The Big Show".

Also, it's been reported that Trump's SS agents are personally devoted to him & to his family - which only confirms that they are sub-par intellectually.

by Anonymousreply 117July 26, 2024 6:44 AM

The best actor so far in this conspiracy is the dead gunman.

Holding his breath for all this time? Genius!

by Anonymousreply 118July 26, 2024 6:48 AM

[quote] That’s some prime, Alex Jones-level, brand of madness, [R105], to claim only “Nazi trolls” could believe this was not some staged event.

Not what I said. I said that the nazi trolls seem awfully invested in making sure this is not seen as staged. And you rush in to prove how much that is true with nonsense like:

[quote]Lots of (adult & child) actors must be gainfully employed to be engaged in these multiple conspiratorial enterprises.

This isn’t a school shooting you’re claiming to be fake this time. Why would any children need to be involved? Or more than just a couple people?

I’m not saying it is a conspiracy. I’m saying that the Nazis are trying very hard to discourage people from examining the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 119July 26, 2024 12:21 PM

At one time I thought that kooky QAnon nut cases were mostly a right wing thing. Of course that was before discovering DL.

by Anonymousreply 120July 26, 2024 1:08 PM

NYT:

"The F.B.I. is examining numerous metal fragments found near the stage at a campaign rally in Butler, Pa., to determine whether an assassin’s bullet — or potential debris — grazed former President Donald J. Trump’s head, bloodying his ear.

The bureau has asked to interview Mr. Trump as part of its broader investigation, hoping to provide insights into the shooting and possibly a more complete record of his injury.

Steven Cheung, a Trump campaign spokesman, did not answer whether the bureau had asked to review the former president’s medical records after the incident, but Mr. Trump has not released them publicly."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 26, 2024 1:09 PM

R117 I concur that Trump doesn't get the A or B team of SS agents. Also some of the protection roles of the outer perimeter at events like outdoor rallies includes local law enforcement so there can be a lapse of proper coverage or communication during such events.

by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2024 1:13 PM

[quote] At one time I thought that kooky QAnon nut cases were mostly a right wing thing. Of course that was before discovering DL.

In another lifetime ago, I was a low level, 19-year old, staffer on a (successful) statewide Democratic campaign for an open Senate seat. Due to a low tolerance level for crazies, I decided to forego a future career in politics. So I've known for a long time that politics inherently attracts a disproportionate number of nuts.

by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2024 1:16 PM

I think the main thing the right doesn’t want us to talk about, is that he wasn’t shot. The damage to his ear was from debris shrapnel, not a bullet.

But that changes their hero narrative.

by Anonymousreply 124July 26, 2024 2:17 PM

Trump must be really pissed that it happened before Biden dropped out. Now, no one cares about it.

by Anonymousreply 125July 26, 2024 3:27 PM

Trump's team practicing for his next debate outfit to emphasize that he was shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 26, 2024 3:33 PM

Explained pretty well in this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 26, 2024 3:58 PM

Trump is full of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 26, 2024 4:02 PM

In a homicide investigation, does Dump have the option of declining an a interview? If he refuses to release his medical records to law enforcement is that not withholding evidence?

by Anonymousreply 129July 26, 2024 4:03 PM

FBI's report on this sham will make the Warren Report look like a work of non-fiction.

by Anonymousreply 130July 26, 2024 4:06 PM

The ear does not care. Trump does not care. Vance sure does not care. But we care. It would be so deflating for trump to know, in public, it was not a bullet.

R130 one of the smarter DL Q posters explaining how hard the Biden appointed FBI will go to protect Trump.

It’s not private medical information.

by Anonymousreply 131July 26, 2024 4:10 PM

Donald Trump is a reality show host and performance artist? Who knew.

by Anonymousreply 132July 26, 2024 4:16 PM

The "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" with the fist pump -- and the subsequent appearance with the Post-it-sized incontinence pad loosely dangling from his ear does seem very bizarre. And the macho-man wrestling himself away from the Secret Service (to perform said fist-pump) when they tried to drag him away all seems very out of character. I mean -- I'd peg him as someone who'd cower behind a child to protect himself from a bullet. And the God-ordained turn of the head that spared his life, well.... spare me.

But to think that this was a planned missed-assassination attempt is over the top. The only plausible explanation (at least if I were making a movie about this) would be that this was planned as a stunt. It was supposed to *look* like an assassination attempt but the guy was supposed to shoot blanks, or something. Which would explain the well-rehearsed antics after that. It would also explain why the protection units took so long to respond to the crowds alerting them to a shooter. If it were all a sham thing, they knew they needed to let it go ahead. And then the shooter -- a tragic, bullied incel out for notoriety -- pulled a Hannah Guttierez-Reed and loaded actual ammo instead. Said ammo hit the other guy, but Trump was ready with the stage blood.

The kid would have been a perfect person for the inside job. Under the radar -- apparently the whole family was. This was not some Antifa anti-Trump zealot. He was a school shooter. The lack of any "manifesto" from the "gunman" also supports this possibility. He was asked to pull a stunt, and then he turned around and pulled one on them.

The Secret Service lady then stepped down -- a well-paid fall gal. That's my Netflix-serial story and I'm sticking to it.

by Anonymousreply 133July 26, 2024 4:18 PM

According to TV crime dramas and those schlock novels I read, access to Diaper's medical records requires a subpoena.

We have lawyers here. Please weigh in. (not too forcefully if you're a fatty)

by Anonymousreply 134July 26, 2024 4:48 PM

Who cares. The important thing is to use GOP's own strategy and plant a seed of doubt.

by Anonymousreply 135July 26, 2024 4:52 PM

[quote]The important thing is to use GOP's own strategy and plant a seed of doubt.

Agreed. Felon Trump's lies have built so much negative karma over the decades that he's earned absent sympathy and scepticism in full.

Trump is so untrustworthy that the tediously famous image might as well have been constructed in a studio. The seeds of doubt across acres will incense Trump and his acolytes. But to keep the analogy going, you reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 136July 26, 2024 5:12 PM

[quote] he practiced what he would do to look like a hero.

He definitely did. The whole thing was so rehearsed.

by Anonymousreply 137July 26, 2024 5:17 PM

And we make fun of maga.

by Anonymousreply 138July 26, 2024 5:30 PM

[Quote]The 'incompetent Secret Service" thing is easy to explain

Yet they seem to be having a hard time answering many questions.

by Anonymousreply 139July 26, 2024 5:38 PM

Not going down that conspiracy theory rabbit hole. That dumb kid that did it was just a bad shot and Trump lucked out. Not surprised Trump immediately insisted on heroic posing. That's all he does. Of course his mind went there first.

I believe Trump just got grazed by a piece of glass from the teleprompter, and of course he's hiding it by keeping the medical records hidden, even from the FBI. An actual bullet just grazing his ear would have done way more damage, and the next day Trump was swanning around the golf course without a bandage on the ear.

Why did Trump immediately fall out of his shoes when the SS people jumped on him? That's the image that stays with me the most.

by Anonymousreply 140July 26, 2024 6:09 PM

Sure, R140. Believe what you want. But we know better, though.

by Anonymousreply 141July 26, 2024 6:26 PM

Pity he doesn't smoke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 26, 2024 6:56 PM

Grifter Trump" Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

by Anonymousreply 143July 26, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote]R111: Has he taken the Post-it Note off his ear yet? Why was it so square and just stuck on there like that?

Jaysus.

Ever heard of a non-stick bandage pad?

It's intended to help keep bacteria and debris off the wound.

Your "Post-it Note," R111:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 26, 2024 7:59 PM

Sorry PDragon, I always respect your informed posts and often agree, but this isn't passing the smell test for me.

I'm not willing to go out on any limbs with theories but something is definitely off.

by Anonymousreply 145July 26, 2024 8:11 PM

All I know is if Trump did stage this he is wishing he hadn't done so soon because he really needs something to distract from all the attention Kamala is getting.

by Anonymousreply 146July 26, 2024 8:16 PM

Didn't Stormy tell us that he tends to shoot his load too early?

by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2024 8:17 PM

R112: Bullets from an AR-15 rifle often turn over end-to-end as they fly and, if they hit something solid, fracture into many pieces. That shrapnel, in turn, flies all over the place. It's possible that one of the bullets shot at Trump broke into debris and a piece of metal winged his ear.

Fair enough. But a fragment of the bullet is still a form of bullet wound.

[quote]R124: The damage to his ear was from debris shrapnel, not a bullet.

'Debris' from what, R124? There wasn't a teleprompter, especially not standing to his right, the direction he'd turned to face. Had there been a teleprompter, it would have been in front of the podium, and when he turned to face the right, that side of his face would have been opposite of him; fragments could not have hit him on the side of his face turned towards the crowd behind him.

[quote]R124: But that changes their hero narrative.

Whose 'hero narrative'? None of that makes a damn. It simply was what it was. You are the one who is expressing a need for it to be a certain way, and that's simply not the way facts are ascertained. Leave emotion out of it.

There was nothing 'heroic' about the fist pump. Looked pretty lame to me, like a half-assed attempt to save face. And it was annoying to the SS, who were just trying to get him out of there.

[quote]R145: Sorry PDragon, I always respect your informed posts and often agree, but this isn't passing the smell test for me.

Maybe you've lost your sense of smell. Have you tested for Covid?

Really, though, all this is subjective. Stop thinking with your emotions and use reason.

The attempted shooting isn't even important. It failed. It's water under the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2024 8:20 PM

Trump shooting has been replaced with couch fucking and dolphin porn. Which is bad news for MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2024 8:22 PM

Vance is just onr dolphin fart away from a “Scaramucci.” Unless he was in on this, too, and they’re stuck with him.

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2024 8:25 PM

Okay PDragon. I guessed you missed the lesson on mutual respect.

by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2024 8:57 PM

[Quote] Trump shooting has been replaced with couch fucking and dolphin porn. Which is bad news for MAGAts.

Mainly on DL though

by Anonymousreply 152July 26, 2024 9:03 PM

from today's NYTimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 26, 2024 9:24 PM

OK, I can see a TINY piece of bullet shrapnel grazing his ear instead of a piece of glass. The physical damage was minimal, though, compared to actually being shot. He's going to wear that ear bandage in public, though, until November. Just not on the golf course. Don't think it makes him look as heroic as he thinks.

by Anonymousreply 154July 26, 2024 9:34 PM

R84 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 155July 26, 2024 9:53 PM

The Times comes down on the side of Trump being hit by a bullet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 26, 2024 9:54 PM

They have to keep that clickbait going by keeping the race tight.

by Anonymousreply 157July 26, 2024 9:56 PM

The big question is: if Trump had died, would Joe still be in the race?

by Anonymousreply 158July 26, 2024 10:10 PM

Check into what Lady Lindzebelle was doing. She was none too happy about the latest DJT rimmer, JD. That is Lady Lindzebelle’s space, and she can be vindictive. That ear wound to Bone Spurs was a stern warning from the Ladybug cartel.

by Anonymousreply 159July 26, 2024 10:30 PM

[quote]R145/R151: Okay PDragon. I guessed you missed the lesson on mutual respect.

So, you supposedly offered one? Yes, I did miss that.

[quote]R145: I always respect your informed posts and often agree

AFAIK, I don't recall ever interacting with you. If this 'respect' and 'agreement' remains unexpressed, how am I supposed to know about it?

Oh, I see - you pay me a small, flattering complement, and I'm supposed to reverse my point of view for you, or pretend that I think yours is a viable, reasonable opinion because of it. Yes, I've often seen that expressed among some of the socks that pile onto me. It's a mistaken expectation. Unreasonable.

But I haven't picked you up and broken you over my knee like a bundle of twigs, either. I've been respectful and polite. But you don't seem to recognize that or appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 160July 26, 2024 10:31 PM

Watch the attempt on Reagan's life, then watch this. Reagan - SS agents basically dogpiled him, and DID NOT LET HIM UP. If if were a real attempt on the orange pile of dogshit, he would NOT have been allowed to pop up for that (very staged) fist pump. And the shooter? Some right wing nutcase wiling to die for tru*p..........there's a lot of magats out there who would take a bullet for him. I fell bad for the firefighter who was killed, but my sympathy is limited for anyone who would attend one of these hate rallies.

by Anonymousreply 161July 26, 2024 10:55 PM

[Quote] The big question is: if Trump had died, would Joe still be in the race?

No R158 The debate sealed Biden's fate

by Anonymousreply 162July 26, 2024 11:37 PM

"And the shooter? Some right wing nutcase wiling to die for..."

Have you seen his Pennsyltuckian parents? No way they turned down that hush money.

He wasn't even there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 27, 2024 12:56 AM

Is that what happened to Phillip Seymour Hoffman?

by Anonymousreply 164July 27, 2024 1:13 AM

The FBI is saying it was a bullet or shrapnel

by Anonymousreply 165July 27, 2024 1:25 AM

Anyone remember commercials for Carefree Panty Shields?

by Anonymousreply 166July 27, 2024 1:39 AM

The FBI confirmed Friday that a bullet struck Donald Trump’s ear during the July 13 assassination attempt in Butler, Pa. — two days after the top official at the bureau said there was “some question” about what hit the former president.

“What struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle,” read a statement released by the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 167July 27, 2024 2:41 AM

Damn are those his parents at r163? They look ancient and unhealthy. He was 20, how old could they possibly be?

by Anonymousreply 168July 27, 2024 2:44 AM

Opioids age you like hell.

by Anonymousreply 169July 27, 2024 2:49 AM

I thought it was real but figured if it was staged and Trump was in on it, the bullet was never suppose to come that close. Wondered if someone in his own party wanted him replaced with someone they could control better, Trump is sort of a lose cannon and you can never tell when he might flop on an issue like he did with bump stocks. Killing him and turning him into a martyr might be more useful to right wing traitors than an alive Trump.

by Anonymousreply 170July 27, 2024 2:33 PM

I also think Trump is seen as a liability. People are tired and uninspired by the 78-yr. old spoiled brat. They're voting for, "Anyone but liberal Woke Socialists". It's not 2016 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 171July 27, 2024 3:56 PM

R105 Well, R105, maybe that’s because the argument against is just simple logic? I’m the poster who said I didn’t think Trump would trust a dumb kid to shoot at his head. I just don’t buy it.

And evenif it were staged, would it matter to his fanbase? Fake or not, they’ll still be voting for him. Fake or not, I still won’t be.

by Anonymousreply 172July 27, 2024 4:01 PM

I would think if he was really traumatized by what happened two weeks ago he’d shy away from rallies but nope.

by Anonymousreply 173July 27, 2024 4:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!