Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard Simmons IS DEAD TO ME

Just found out after reading a comment in another thread, RIP sweet Prince.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2024 12:26 AM

So sad.

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2024 8:32 PM

What's sad is not seeing the original thread right below this one, mein Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2024 8:32 PM

Shelley, Ruth, Richard

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2024 8:35 PM

Richard Simmons AND Dr. Ruth?

Has anyone checked on Charo?

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2024 8:35 PM

R2 I was beaten by a minute :( and no link was given so excuse me for not noticing :(

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2024 8:35 PM

Charo is only 73. Its true. Google it, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2024 9:05 PM

Cuchi cuchi, R6 .

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2024 9:09 PM

Bless his heart

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2024 9:13 PM

We have lost a great ladies man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2024 9:23 PM

oh, well, he led a full life, for sure

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2024 9:25 PM

He just gave an interview to People yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2024 9:38 PM

Was Richard a gay?

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2024 9:41 PM

Richard was The Gay.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2024 11:04 PM

[quote] Richard was The Gay.

Teh gay.

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2024 11:14 PM

Who’s gonna get his wig collection?

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2024 11:56 PM

Oh, no!!

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2024 12:48 AM

Bump. Poor Richard should not be overshadowed by Trump’s fake assassination.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2024 1:40 AM

Rip cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2024 1:41 AM

Has Bianca Ferguson issued a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2024 6:22 AM

Has his wife issued a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2024 6:24 AM

He was denied his rightful attention because of the fake assassination attempt.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2024 6:49 AM

His last drafted social media post was released by his staff, and it's a really sweet message of him in a spacesuit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2024 7:27 AM

Sorry, I was never a fan. This queen could never come out of the closet and at a time when AIDS and visibility matter, he chose to hide. And for what? Not as if everyone thought he was straight.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2024 8:00 AM

I think he was very smart by never talking about it, and it's a private matter for him until he starts working against gay people politically. He never did. My interpretation of this is he used his outlandish flamboyance to get people hooked on his message, but his primary focus was his career in making people lose weight and do better with their health. By all accounts he was a good, generous person who knew how to focus on others.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2024 8:12 AM

How was he generous exactly, he made a lot of money off those fraus. Sorry but saying it's a private matter when you are a public figure is quite selfish. Especially when we needed public figures at that time to come out. I was just out of college back then out at work in a corporate environment no less.

It's no different than Liberace, who also stayed in the closet the whole time while everyone including the dog knew he was gay. I have no respect for either of them. At least I could say Liberace was trapped in a much more conservative time in history, the 50's and 60's. But the 80, 90s? There was no need for Richard to be in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2024 8:27 AM

Some of us have learned to live beyond the confines of1992 and have taken on board what we've learned since then. Seems like you can't do the same.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2024 8:48 AM

I have to agree with R26. I was an out, loud and proud gay living my life in the 90’s- and honestly the tribe I thought I belonged to has somewhat disappointed me the past 40 years. It was anything but welcoming and inclusive. It has only become more distraught, diluted and polarizing since.

I don’t think the gays would’ve really welcomed Richard and it would’ve attracted unwanted attention from straights ro his true legacy of helping others lose weight and feeling better about themselves.

The thing that really bothered me as a 30-something in a high risk group navigating the AIDS crisis was that there were the “Haves” and the Have Nots”. I struggled with addiction and homelessness- but the only help gay groups offered then was if you had seroconverted to HIV. They were pretty curt about it too- and left me scrambling with no other option but to pull myself up by my own bootstraps.

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2024 9:04 AM

Has Tony Geary released a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2024 10:05 AM

[quote]This queen could never come out of the closet and at a time when AIDS and visibility matter, he chose to hide. And for what? Not as if everyone thought he was straight.

Was he ever in, though?

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2024 10:08 AM

He plays all three Andersons (and the fairy) in his Salad Spray commercial. He looks very different with a hairstyle like Mr. Anderson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2024 12:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!