Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mouseboy is a DIVA!!!

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 28, 2024 7:36 PM

I support the no eye contact and no introductions rules.

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2024 7:34 PM

Either the Kardashian curse has finally struck or he did something that egregious to upset the Hollywood establishment. Well this killed any little interest there was for this movie.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2024 7:35 PM

Mouseboy is the new Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2024 7:38 PM

You know his PR is in damage control and writing statements as we speak. I guarantee you next week there will be a pap shot of him taking selfies with fans to prove how nice and accessible he is.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2024 7:40 PM

Fuck the Farage-loving Mail.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2024 7:42 PM

Nothing about him ever screamed humble or nice. He was raised a New York art snob.

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2024 7:48 PM

Who did he piss off and what did he do? Is Hollywood finally turning on him?

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2024 7:52 PM

[quote] We were not allowed to make eye contact with him

AVERT YOUR GAZE MORTALS WILLY WONKA APPROACHES!

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2024 7:58 PM

Apparently he has been tutored by Miss "Can you leave please? You're right in my eye line" Dunaway....

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2024 8:01 PM

He’s fucked. Now more background actors and production assistants will come forward with horror stories but this really isn’t a surprise. This is the same guy who flicked ash at Beyoncé concert patrons and ignored a press aide to get out of the photo all at Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote]We were not allowed to make eye contact with him

Big deal.

[quote]The long-lasting archetype of the Hollywood actor who's above it all, unable to be disturbed or suffer those lesser, has become so pervasive that rumors surrounding specific figures in the industry have come to be accepted as fact. The most cartoonish, in a villainous sort of way, of these rumors is that of the "no eye contact" rule. The rule entails exactly what its name implies — that some of Hollywood's elite demand that thou shall not look them in the eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2024 8:19 PM

He won't give Kylie a Chalamet baby. Pimp Mama Kris is plotting her revenge.

by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2024 10:57 PM

These studio heads are already rich you dumbass. They don't need your untalented ass or your "star power." No doubt he will see those lowly PAs on his way down.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2024 10:58 PM

Quelle surprise…

(Is he getting jowls?)

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2024 11:08 PM

Apparently James Magnold fostered a toxic workplace culture on set. My guess now is that the film will quietly go straight to streaming.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2024 4:11 AM

Dylan himself was known for being quite a diva at times, so Ratboy is the perfect one to portray him.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2024 4:24 AM

Dylan had a vibe and Chalamet doesn't have it.

by Anonymousreply 17July 14, 2024 4:28 AM

It doesn't matter how much "star power" you have or how much money you make for Hollywood. Nobody wants to work with a tyrannical cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2024 4:32 AM

I agree, r27. I meant "perfect to play him" as in him being a temperamental asshole, not him being perfect at capturing Dylan's charisma.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2024 4:36 AM

Ugh, r27, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2024 4:37 AM

DAMMIT! I SWEAR I TYPED A 1 BOTH TIMES! I meant r17.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2024 4:38 AM

Everyone makes mistakes, no harm done.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2024 4:39 AM

Wouldn’t mind trying out James’ Mangold

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2024 7:53 AM

I gotta practice treating production staff like shit for the biopic!

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2024 8:03 AM

[quote]It doesn't matter how much "star power" you have or how much money you make for Hollywood. Nobody wants to work with a tyrannical cunt.

Hence, the disappearance of new Streisand films.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2024 12:31 PM

What is it with celebs and eye contact, why does it bother them so much? It's like one of your basic freedoms in life, i.e. that you can point your eyeballs to wherever you like, and these cunts have an issue with that? How exactly are they hurt by a sensory organ being pointed at them?

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2024 1:02 PM

How does one “accidentally” include an actor (presumably on the ground) while photographing a solar eclipse in the sky? You can’t aim a camera at the sun without special lenses similar to the glasses you wear.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2024 1:20 PM

I've never worked on a production, but I imagine it's a rather blunt reminder of who matters and who doesn't, at least in the eyes of the production. Timmy can treat as many of the "little people" like shit as he wants, so long as there is no legal liability attached, and no one is going to call him on it. It makes me wonder if the main cast on a big movie is insured against "accidents", such as a pissed-off extra "accidentally" pushing Timmy down some stairs.

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2024 1:25 PM

These horror stories from the “little people” may well be factually accurate or the fangirls made it up because they’ve had it with him pretend dating a Kardashian. Either way his honeymoon phase is clearly over.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2024 1:30 PM

Still no response from him or his PR team.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2024 1:33 PM

That article called Elle Fanning a “starlet”(she’s been around too long for that) and claimed Edward Norton was “universally liked” when he has his own diva reputation.

Hit piece.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2024 1:36 PM

I don’t doubt these allegations are based in truth, but the term “toxic” does get thrown around loosely.

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2024 1:37 PM

This actor offends,

Career is blowin' in the wind

This prancer is blowin' in the wind

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2024 1:41 PM

I understand wanting to stay focused on work and not have any distractions but that’s not an excuse to be mean. The report seems to almost justify the diva behavior on the grounds that his Wonka performance wasn’t well received and that he has a lot at stake and that it’s critical that he get the Dylan performance just right.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2024 1:48 PM

In hindsight, I should've titled the thread - Mouseboy: "Don't Fucking Look At Me."

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2024 2:23 PM

Zzzzzz….

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2024 2:24 PM

The studios aren't going to care, so long as Timmy makes them money.

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2024 3:11 PM

R37: He’s slowly becoming Val Kilmer.

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2024 3:21 PM

Perhaps they'll get Joe Locke to play him in a less generous biopic.

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2024 6:41 PM

This “hit piece” came at a good time. He’s been so overexposed for years and I think it would behoove him to take a break now. He should reflect, discover any blindspots, and come back with the goal of making positive change. However, he is a minimally talented narcissist so he might find all those things challenging.

by Anonymousreply 40July 15, 2024 4:45 AM

R40 He might also be smart enough to realize that his opportunities will fade with his looks - or at least his representation might be smart enough.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2024 8:11 AM

Meh, big nothing here. If you were an actor in a lead, would you really want to deal with dozens of random people trying to engage you while you're focussed on working? I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2024 10:14 AM

Fucking randos always want a piece of your ass!

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2024 11:26 PM

In Timothee’s defense, would you want your eyes scarred by this hideousness?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2024 11:30 PM

He's young and pretty, let him has his day in the sun.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2024 11:33 PM

An interesting, though poorly capitalized response from a recent Reddit thread on this article:

"Eye contact is a no-no on set with actors because of eye lines. as a person standing on set you do NOT want the actor to catch a glimpse of you while they're working. it breaks focus and you can actually see it in the footage if/when it happens.

proper protocol is to actually turn away from the performers so that you don't accidentally draw their attention or distract them. if you're working on set and you're in close range to the actors or cameras whatever, you stand either at 45 or 90 with your head down or away or 180.

that's while the camera is rolling. and most of the time when we hear about eye contact it's this context.

however quite often actors are in the thick of highly emotional, physically demanding work that requires immense focus and they're often under massive pressure (i can digress on this if you want), and while not common, there will be instruction to the crew to not engage with the actors at all... because most of them are very friendly; very empathic and they will engage, which can ultimately throw the day off. by the time this direction (which comes from studio reps or EPs) trickles down to crew through their department it reads as "don't make eye contact with so and so".

years ago i was working with a very well known actor who was extremely kind. one part of the story required him to look emaciated. he didn't eat for days. i heard 10 days. like nothing. starved himself. i think he didn't drink water for a day or two as well. on the day, we're rolling and this door he walks through kept creaking when it opened and sound needed resets. in the story it was a steel door but it was made from plywood and i guess the wood was making noise. he snapped. left set and disappeared. after a few moments the 1st AD came on the radio and said "alright. we are moments away from the door being ready. we have pushed (Mr Actor) to his creative limit. when he is ready to come to set, he will travel with (Ms. 3rd AD). anyone that doesn't need to be here shouldn't be here. anyone who does should make way and look at the floor. no movement, no talking, turn your walkies off. we will roll on one take u til we get the shot, once we do he will be wrapped and we will move on silently. thank you" but that part would never go out with "Mr Actor is diva and snapped at everyone".

everyone loved to give christian bale shit when he snapped on set, but when he freaked out at the DOP, that was during private blocking. private blocking is where the director and the actors plan out the scene (where the camera is going to be, what elements of the stage they're going to interact with, timing, etc), it's super fucking important. there should not only be no talking but no movement. there should be like 3 other people there and the expectation is that they all know what to do in that scenario, the DOP is one of them and it's a massive disrespect to be tinkering during private blocking. private blocking is 1000% understood to be entirely the actors space. once private blocking is done, they move to open blocking where the rest of the set crew stands there and watches them do it again. and again, still no talking, still no moving, but now there's more people and the actors have a sense of how it's going to play out.

the issue is that a lot of behaviour we enable on set is not acceptable in the real world; but the kind of shit we're putting ourselves through on set is not translatable to the real world. because it isn't, it's make believe."

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2024 12:05 AM

R46 Outside of my experience, but it seems plausible to me.

by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2024 1:19 AM

R31: I don't think it was a hit piece. James Magnold was called out for fostering a toxic workplace culture on the set. I might've been suspicious If it was just Timothee that was targeted.

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2024 3:33 AM

I guess as a producer he can announce things without confirmation. You bet his PR rushed to get this out whether he's still in final negotiations or he's 100% definitely going to do it. Gotta distract from the diva and toxic workplace allegations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 16, 2024 3:37 AM

R49: Good luck to the crew on this film, they will have a lot to endure.

by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2024 3:52 AM

Is he finally over now?

by Anonymousreply 51July 18, 2024 1:35 AM

His honeymoon phase is certainly over. He’s clearly bought his hype and seems to be only interested in being a tabloid celebrity. It’s the beginning of a backlash against his Kartrashian romance and his snooty, diva ways.

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2024 5:12 PM

It's so hard to find a personal assistant who is reliable, discreet, and has just the right size cock.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2024 10:56 PM

R46 That actually makes a lot of sense.

Imagine an actor preparing for a dramatic monologue or something and everyone is staring at them in their eyes before or during the scene.

I’m a photographer and I also do videography and when I film people, I’ve always looked into the camera and avoid eye contact while recording.

I never realized I do it myself. I don’t want to break their energy.

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2024 4:33 AM

just because of my name, everyone thinks I'm a snooty French asshole!

Now fuck off, American scum!

by Anonymousreply 55July 21, 2024 12:48 AM

According to a crew friend he would also go home early on some days and his stand-in would have to read the lines when it was time to do the close-ups of certain supporting cast. There were two stand-ins for Chalamet before a third one was found who was up to the job.

by Anonymousreply 56July 24, 2024 8:52 PM

I work in film/tv and I concur with the comments of r46's reddit post. There are some actors who are Method (seems like Timmy is one), and you NEVER are in the actor's eye line when rolling). It also seems to be a set with a lot of background, and a lot of BG are nuts and will try to take photos/get autographs/chat with the actors. Putting a blanket statement out to everyone kills that sentiment.

I have worked with the camera guys from Bale's project, and they completely defended him- the DP (I find it weird that the poster calls him the DoP, but maybe that's Europe?) was a total asshole to his crew, CB saw it, and just completely lost it after the DP was readjusting the lights during a take. The DP's crew thanked CB later for the dressing down.

by Anonymousreply 57July 24, 2024 9:06 PM

R57, DoP seems to be a thing only in the UK. I know in Germany it’s DP.

by Anonymousreply 58July 24, 2024 9:18 PM

Pure Oscar bait and a distraction from the diva and toxic workplace allegations. His Kartrashian diva ways are now in the headlines and I don't think we've heard the last from terrified background extras and crew members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 24, 2024 9:22 PM

On the set of the CBS series Elementary Jonny Lee Miller was notorious for throwing hissy fits when he felt people were in his eyeline. He told ADs many times to send background actors home when they were clearly placed within his eyeline. It was a fucking police precinct set, though.

by Anonymousreply 60July 24, 2024 9:23 PM

Patti LuPone can be a cunt diva but she did point out in an interview that the ones bitching about people in their eyeline were “assholes.” She said something like “Getting to a semblance of the truth in a scene sometimes requires people buzzing around you to set up that world.”

by Anonymousreply 61July 24, 2024 9:26 PM

I think the R46 Reddit commenter is Canadian (based on his subreddit activity), so maybe DoP is a Commonwealth thing.

by Anonymousreply 62July 24, 2024 9:41 PM

Apparently he fired a PA on the Wonka set after they forgot his umbrella. Also, he supposedly apologized to all the crew one day and offered signed pictures of him, which is hysterical and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 63July 25, 2024 2:50 AM

R63 I wanted to offer them my ass, but the director said that it would delay production too much!

by Anonymousreply 64July 28, 2024 7:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!