Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kylie Minogue has lost the plot...

She's usually so reliable. This is dreck. Bland-bland-bland. And so shrill, too. Why does it sound like something a moderately successful Eastern European pop star would have released in 2003?

THIS is how you follow up your Padam Padam era?

Girl, take some more time off and come up with better pop songs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2024 12:10 PM

Oh, please! 90% of Kylie's output is utter and complete dreck, so this doesn't come as a surprise. Just listen to utter and complete shit like I Can't Get You Outta My Head, I Believe In You or the insanely annoying Padam Padam, and you'll realize that she's just a novelty act who got incredibly lucky.

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2024 9:09 AM

This will bring them to the dance floor in Bodrum.

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2024 9:13 AM

It just sounds so... cheap and uninspired. Padam may have been a novelty, but it was so well executed and delivered. This song feels like they're trying to repeat that song's success. Actually, it feels like an AI model is trying to repeat that song's success.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2024 9:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2024 9:35 PM

Bebe Rexha has a singularly unpleasant voice.

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote] Oh, please! 90% of Kylie's output is utter and complete dreck, so this doesn't come as a surprise. Just listen to utter and complete shit like I Can't Get You Outta My Head, I Believe In You or the insanely annoying Padam Padam, and you'll realize that she's just a novelty act who got incredibly lucky.

Gurl, you may want to up your Prozac. Kylie is a singularly ebullient dance-pop artist, like no one since 70s Donna Summer or Madonna when she was fun. Kylie has some fabulous, classic songs.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2024 2:54 AM

She's the Kathie Lee Gifford of Pop.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2024 8:18 AM

The album Body Language from 2003 still holds up brilliantly. Listen to that instead.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2024 8:38 AM

Padam was your consolation prize for this over filled warbling Aussie midget now being what ? 58 ? and over.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2024 8:59 AM

Her voice is 100% autotune these days.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2024 9:06 AM

She's actually a good live vocalist. No, she doesn't have an impressive voice, but she knows how to use it effectively in concert. I was actually impressed when I saw her live.

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2024 11:42 AM

She doesn't have a bad voice R11. It's quite good. But her voice is now 100% autotuned and electrified.

She seems like a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2024 12:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!