Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ellen Degeneres is leaving Hollywood: 'I'm done'

Ellen DeGeneres says she is quitting Hollywood after her stand-up tour ends.

“This is the last time you’re going to see me. After my Netflix special, I’m done.”

Ellen DeGeneres admits “I can be demanding and impatient and tough. I am a strong woman. I am many things, but I am not mean.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 20, 2024 10:26 PM

[quote]Another fan pushed DeGeneres to once again voice the character Dory from Pixar’s “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory,” but DeGeneres responded: “No, I’m going bye-bye, remember.”

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 4:13 PM

[quote]I can be demanding and impatient and tough. I am a strong woman. I am many things, but I am not mean.

Demanding, tough and impatient is sort of the definition of mean.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 4:16 PM

She is 66 years old! Most of us would love to be retired by then or before then. She had a great run. Au revoir, ED!

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 4:17 PM

[quote]"I can be demanding and impatient and tough...but I am not mean.”

Sounds pretty mean to me.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 4:17 PM

Is that a promise?

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 4:19 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 4:19 PM

We're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 4:22 PM

You may not be mean, Ellen, but at the very least you're fucking rude and take visible pleasure in the suffering of others. You did it on your show, and the tapes don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 4:23 PM

Very Greta Garbo....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 4:23 PM

[quote] Demanding, tough and impatient is sort of the definition of mean.

At the risk of being called “mean” myself, R2, I will differ with you and point out that this is where the Google machine can be your friend.

It led me to dictionary.com which has a few definitions for the adjective “mean”:

— offensive, selfish, or unaccommodating

— small-minded or ignoble

— nasty, malicious

I can’t believe I’m defending Ellen, because I think she’s fallen so far from her heights, but probably because her addle-brained Frauen base interpreted her not being “as nice as (they) thought she was” to her being “mean”. And she hasn’t.

She’s like Miranda Priestly in a way, she doesnt necessarily deserve sympathy, but rather empathy and a healthy dose of respect.

I can understand her recent comments about “I go bye-bye” or WTF, but it does come off as tone deaf.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 4:31 PM

A lesbian friend of mine who's a huge Ellen fan went to her show here in Northern California a couple of weeks ago and said she was disappointed in how Ellen came across.

While she said Ellen still had some very funny monologues, she thought she came across as defensive and cold when she talked about being "cancelled." She didn't exactly deny being a bitch, my friend said, but tried to justify it using the "I'm a strong, intelligent woman" tired talking points.

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2024 4:34 PM

Poor Portia, now the real heavy lifting begins

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2024 4:37 PM

"I am many things, but I am not mean"

Translation: I am a meanie, so fuck y'all.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2024 4:39 PM

R12 She'll divorce Ellen quietly after this tour is finished.

by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2024 4:41 PM

Aw, look who's taking her ball and going home, you guys. Glad she finally took the hint.

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2024 4:46 PM

I dunno. When Dakota Johnson put her in her place over the birthday party invitation, was she being demanding or impatient or tough or something else?

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2024 4:54 PM

I is smart, I is kind, I is important!

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2024 4:56 PM

She looks like the MAD Magazine guy in OP’s pic. Alfred E. something.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 5:02 PM

I never watched the show because I thought it was saccharine and phony, and I cringed at her dancing. My eyes were really opened when I saw her put people through humiliating stunts. She's mean.

I think she stopped being funny years ago. But almost all incredibly successful comedians lose their relatability so that's not unique.

This is like a failing restaurant's owner threatening not to re-open. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2024 5:04 PM

R8 is right. Ellen is a petty, nasty and arrogant bitch who enjoyed bullying anyone who showed signs of vulnerability while on her show, and will never admit to herself or others that she eventually got her comeuppance because she made the mistake of antagonizing the wrong people (i.e., those who are not powerless). She's a horrible narcissist and instead of being grateful for the fact that she's become fabulously rich by promoting utter and complete banality on TV, she chooses to be bitter about not being given more recognition for her meagre talent.

Personally, she can go and fuck herself. It's unbelievable how utterly lacking in self-awareness and humility she is, which is unforgivable for someone with so very little talent.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2024 5:10 PM

Don't let the doorknob hit you in the butt on the way out . . .

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 5:12 PM

Can you call it leaving when the door was slammed on you? And rightfully so!

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2024 5:13 PM

Isn’t Kevin Hart calling everyone to make sure …………

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2024 5:30 PM

Two months later:

[ding dong]

Ellen: Get the door, Portia. I'm retired. I'm done.

Portia at door: It's the Duchess of Sussex again. She has a crate of American Riviera jams and jellies, and a Hefty bag filled with gourmet, handcrafted dog biscuits. She wants to spend the day interviewing you for her new podcast, "Lifestyles of the Rich and Retired."

Ellen: Call my limo. The retirement is done. I'm going back to Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2024 5:34 PM

So long, muff diver!

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2024 5:58 PM

Ellen missed out “I am a nasty bullying cunt”. Fixed it for you doll.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2024 6:04 PM

R18 What? She worry?

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2024 6:11 PM

Just what the world needs… another Lesbian flipping houses full time.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2024 6:12 PM

When are we having the Bitch is Done party? I'll bring the potato salad!

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2024 6:18 PM

She certainly isn’t self-aware.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2024 6:22 PM

Does one really have to quit once having had one's hat and coat delivered while being shown the door?

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2024 6:23 PM

R29 we'd do better with a twice-baked potato bar.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 6:28 PM

More free time to hang out with her good friends George Bush and Kevin Hart

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 6:31 PM

How are gays and Democrats alike?

They enjoy eating, then spitting out, their own.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 6:38 PM

Please People- she’ll be back in some weird capacity-can’t bare not being seen/heard.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2024 6:40 PM

More like:

"Hollywood is leaving Ellen DeGeneres: 'We're done''

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2024 6:46 PM

I hope she means it. I'll be quite happy not to have to look at that peroxided Howdy Doody again.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2024 6:51 PM

She’s really never been called out for the things she did to male celebrities on the show that always turned me off.

Showing nude photos of Justin Bieber when he was on vacation while he was sitting across the chair in front of the audience. He was clearly uncomfortable.

I remember there was a moment with Alex Pettyfer where she pressured him to take him shirt off and do push ups for a charity and she’d give him an Ellen shirt. He was super uncomfortable but did it and when he went to take the shirt from her, she pulled it away from him.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2024 6:58 PM

Pretty sure Hollywood quit her a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2024 7:04 PM

She’s such a shameless cunt. Good for her for going out on such a nasty note.

Also, the people who go out of their way to tell you they’re NOT MEAN usually are indeed very mean.

Remember what Margaret Thatcher said: “Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, then you really aren’t.” Same goes for being a decent person.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2024 7:07 PM

Bad example. There was nobody cuntier than Thatcher.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2024 7:09 PM

R41 That’s as may be, but she was right in that quote. The kind of person who has to tell everyone their personality traits is harboring a deep insecurity that they don’t actually embody the traits they claim.

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2024 7:14 PM

When dozens and dozens of different people say a celebrity was nasty or mean or bullying... of course the celeb being accused is going to try to reframe that.

But usually the dozens and dozens of people aren't wrong. It's like when all those stories about Lizzo came out. It wasn't just one or two people saying it.

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2024 7:17 PM

I remember trying to watch all her show’s. She was funny/clever but something turned me off and now I see I was not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2024 7:22 PM

Some of those fallen Hollywood celebs move to the Trump-right as some kind of revenge. ‘’Gays for Trump’’ is a thing.

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2024 7:26 PM

Ellen-don’t go away mad-just go away.

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2024 7:27 PM

r43 is there a link to the "dozens and dozens" of people claiming she was mean?

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2024 7:30 PM

R47 You must have missed this from four years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 10, 2024 7:33 PM

Does anyone remember the show when Martha Stewart came to Ellen’s bookstore? Ellen became the new Martha.

by Anonymousreply 49July 10, 2024 7:35 PM

I won't believe it til she's dead and buried, Toto.

by Anonymousreply 50July 10, 2024 7:36 PM

If she is mean, how the hell did that not surface much sooner? Schadenfreude and jealousy are driving this thread (including among the 2,000 replies some podunk comedian elicited).

by Anonymousreply 51July 10, 2024 7:39 PM

Well done, Ellen's PR intern. You are seen and heard.

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2024 7:40 PM

I think Rosie was at least somewhat decent to her staff. I'm sure she wasn't "TV Rosie" to her staff 24/7, everything's an act, but man it must have been tough for Ellen's staff to cope with that nuclear cunt.

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2024 7:42 PM

Wow,I did miss that story in biz-insider that’s more than I would have imagined-the Trump campaign could surely utilize her cunt-ein behavior-Good Luck Ellen, Portia and Melania can talk about clothes/hair/make-up. Sounds Fun!

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2024 7:42 PM

Rosie had similar issues with staff years ago-Remember she wished cancer on a staffer and she actually got,cancer but seems Rosie got the message.

by Anonymousreply 55July 10, 2024 7:47 PM

[quote] She’s like Miranda Priestly in a way, she doesnt necessarily deserve sympathy, but rather empathy and a healthy dose of respect.

She has no empathy, ergo she deserves none.

She is a Cluster B-disordered malignant narcissist. She is filled with hate and enjoys humiliating and hurting other people for pleasure as she projects her hideous personal demons on to others to ease her self loathing.

What she deserves is to be clocked in the jaw by someone with the station and balls to do it. That always humbles these sick monsters…for awhile.

She will never change and will live her life out in misery.

Fuck Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 56July 10, 2024 7:49 PM

"His unique charitable-giving strategy resulted in nearly 2,000 replies, though many were reactions rather than stories."

Yeah, that article has zero credibility. Zero.

by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2024 7:50 PM

She'll be on Lifelines new Lesbian Real Estate show...

Flipping Ellen Degeneres

by Anonymousreply 58July 10, 2024 7:53 PM

Narcissistic, manipulative cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 10, 2024 8:10 PM

When an entire company and staff turn against you- you’d better pay attention. I’ve never been a fan. I’ve always sensed kind of a cold anger behind the image- some comedians are angry (see Richard Pryor, Kenny Bruce) but still funny because they are honest. She strikes me as trying to be something (for the public) that she is not- like Bill Cosby. Never, ever liked his smarmy condescension. I get a similar vibe from Jerry Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 60July 10, 2024 8:19 PM

An' you, an' you, an'you,

You're not gonna lu-uh-uh-uv-uhuhuhuhuh

Me-heeeeeeeeee.

by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2024 8:24 PM

How pickled is her liver?

by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2024 8:32 PM

Some CEOs/managers/supervisors believe the only way to control staff and get respect and obedience is through fear and intimidation. I'm not sure how much of this view on running an operation is misguided approach to managing and how much of it is character.

by Anonymousreply 63July 10, 2024 8:42 PM

Re r48 photo - if the eyes are indeed the mirror of the soul that's a cold, hard, shrivelled specimen she owns.

by Anonymousreply 64July 10, 2024 8:48 PM

R57- thanks Ellen-didn’t know you followed us-welcome.

by Anonymousreply 65July 10, 2024 8:52 PM

[quote]Demanding, tough and impatient is sort of the definition of mean.

Let's face it : If a male celebrity described himself as 'demanding, tough, and impatient' everyone would say that's the definition of 'successful', but a female is 'mean'.

by Anonymousreply 66July 10, 2024 8:58 PM

I still call that mean, r66.

by Anonymousreply 67July 10, 2024 9:00 PM

R67 You're a rarity. Hollywood looks at male celebrities very differently than females (Streisand talks about this at length in her book - very interesting.)

by Anonymousreply 68July 10, 2024 9:16 PM

"Demanding" and "tough" is one thing, r68, "impatient" is another".

by Anonymousreply 69July 10, 2024 9:20 PM

She humiliated people on-screen. She can't use sexism as a defense.

by Anonymousreply 70July 10, 2024 9:58 PM

The Royal Doulton/Ellen "love" plate collection may cease production. Hurry!

by Anonymousreply 71July 10, 2024 10:14 PM

R60 KENNY Bruce?!

by Anonymousreply 72July 10, 2024 10:21 PM

R7 Remember me? The lady who lives next door? I'm hiring! Do you know how to make strawberry jam?

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2024 10:34 PM

You won't have Ellen Degeneres to kick around anymore.

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2024 10:44 PM

Rosie was no picnic. Look at what she did to Good Housekeeping.

by Anonymousreply 75July 11, 2024 1:16 PM

Say what you want about Rosie, but she does own her shit.

by Anonymousreply 76July 11, 2024 1:27 PM

Susan…I’M DONE!

by Anonymousreply 77July 11, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote]Don't let the doorknob hit you in the butt on the way out . . .

You think she's angry now, imagine her after surprise anal.

by Anonymousreply 78July 11, 2024 1:31 PM

[quote]You think she's angry now, imagine her after surprise anal.

Good one, R78! 😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 79July 11, 2024 1:41 PM

Goddamn. It feels like the public fired her five years ago and she's still slowly walking towards the exit, carrying her possessions in a box, flanked by security guards and shrieking insults at everyone she sees.

1) First she quit her show in a huff

2) Then she spent a few years doing "comedy shows" about how everyone thinks she's a mean piece of shit and it's totally untrue.

3) Now she's doing a press junket where she announces that she's leaving for good.

Just fuck off already!

by Anonymousreply 80July 11, 2024 1:46 PM

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

by Anonymousreply 81July 11, 2024 2:54 PM

There was nothing in that dubious Biz Insider article that warrants her being cancelled, even if all of it were true, which I'm sure it was not. It's hardly a big shocker that a comedian is moody.

by Anonymousreply 82July 11, 2024 3:08 PM

Bye Felecia.

by Anonymousreply 83July 11, 2024 3:19 PM

Her problem (just like Rosie O'Donnell) is likely all the male hormones she has surging through her body. I believe it causes many butch lesbians to end up as rage-o-holics, mad at the world. That coupled with their feelings of lifelong mistreatment by straights. The one main thing that gives them joy is mistreating others, especially those who have what they so desire, a penis.

by Anonymousreply 84July 11, 2024 3:35 PM

I’m a woman and I loathe the argument that “if a man demonstrated the same behavior he’d be called strong and confident.” No. If a man consistently degraded/humiliated staff and treated people with less power as serfs, he’d be a complete asshole, too.

by Anonymousreply 85July 11, 2024 3:39 PM

Patsy Stone?

by Anonymousreply 86July 11, 2024 3:42 PM

There are real women on DL?

by Anonymousreply 87July 11, 2024 3:48 PM

R84 needs to get out more. I am genuinely frightened for anyone who is on the other side of your worldview. If thus genuinely how you think, and you're not just being a provocateur, you seriously need to check yourself.

by Anonymousreply 88July 11, 2024 3:50 PM

David Letter man humiliated guests for years and years and was a cold monster behind the scenes and somehow never got a boot up his ass the way Ellen did.

And Ellen was far funnier than Letterman (back when she started out anyway).

by Anonymousreply 89July 11, 2024 3:53 PM

Why won't cancelled people stay cancelled? Ellen, meet Kevin Spacey. He's innocent, too.

by Anonymousreply 90July 11, 2024 3:54 PM

David Letterman made money and then exited when he didn't. All the stories about Ellen came to the forefront because she tried to play hardball with the studio. They, in turn, stopped making any effort to kill any negative stories about Ellen as they had done previously. Her hubris and her greed killed her career. She should have just walked or accepted a lower salary. The stories would have still eventually trickled out, as they did with Letterman, but not at the "canceled" level she now inhabits. She probably could have continued doing game shows and whatnot for quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 91July 11, 2024 4:10 PM

Her comeuppance has always had a pitchfork and torch vibe to me.

by Anonymousreply 92July 11, 2024 4:27 PM

So…Ellen is really upset because she doesn’t have a penis? Now I understand.

by Anonymousreply 93July 11, 2024 5:51 PM

Ellen being a bitch is all a woman has to hang on to.

by Anonymousreply 94July 11, 2024 6:00 PM

Her sense of power due to her celebrity and wealth plays a lot into her nasty attitude toward people. I do believe she thinks she is better than people who are not in the entertainment business. Unfortunately there are a lot of those types in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 95July 11, 2024 8:55 PM

Or maybe she just needs some good dick. Not the strap on kind.

by Anonymousreply 96July 11, 2024 8:57 PM

[quote] No. If a man consistently degraded/humiliated staff and treated people with less power as serfs, he’d be a complete asshole, too.

So he'd be a complete asshole, too. And ?

Sylvester Stallone was called out publicly earlier this year, for humiliating the actors on the set of his show 'Tulsa King' and using derogatory comments about their looks, and size. Stallone was allegedly observed calling certain background actors "ugly," "tub of lard" and "fat guy with a cane." Stallone also suggested that the production cast "pretty young girls to be around me" instead. Atlanta based casting agency Rose Locke & CL Casting, who had been responsible for hiring extras, resigned from the production soon after. Thomas Mooneyham, a background actor on the series, stated that he believed the comments were about him after he and another extra were replaced with younger people.

Was he cancelled ? Hell, no.

Was he shunned by Hollywood, and decide to leave ? Nope.

Did Stallone face any consequences ? An 'internal' investigtion by Paramount Studios which was never made public. Stallone never publicly commented on the allegations.

Was he rewarded by Paramount with another season of his show, which began filming a few months ago and wraps in a couple of weeks ? Hell, yes.

by Anonymousreply 97July 11, 2024 9:05 PM

I guess she decided to not just keep swimming.

by Anonymousreply 98July 11, 2024 9:11 PM

Will always love her as Dory.

by Anonymousreply 99July 11, 2024 10:29 PM

She thrived on the humiliation of others.

by Anonymousreply 100July 11, 2024 10:36 PM

Don't be obtuse, r97. Ellen wasn't accused of being mean to some extras once. Countless underlings and service people came out of the woodwork and outed her as a total asshole. These stories go back years. I can't stand to look at Stallone and completely buy that he's a piece of shit but he hasn't been accused of the same level of assholery as Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 101July 11, 2024 11:14 PM

I did not know she was that old. Wow. Lesbians age better than anybody. Men really do stress the fuck out of women.

by Anonymousreply 102July 11, 2024 11:24 PM

[quote] Lesbians age better than anybody.

I'm laughing so hard I can't stop. If men make you age, how do you explain that so many gay men look so fab?

by Anonymousreply 103July 11, 2024 11:46 PM

Oh my a literal cunt. We aren’t toxic like straights.

by Anonymousreply 104July 11, 2024 11:47 PM

I bet her and Portia will move to Australia next.

by Anonymousreply 105July 11, 2024 11:49 PM

Ok bye Ellen. Bye….

by Anonymousreply 106July 11, 2024 11:50 PM

In three years she'll be making the rounds on podcasts to talk about what it was like to be pushed out of Hollywood for being a strong woman. She's never going away and this will never end.

by Anonymousreply 107July 12, 2024 1:21 AM

R38 And it was his first US talk show.

It’s at 2:50.

You can see how embarrassed and uncomfortable he was.

by Anonymousreply 108July 12, 2024 1:25 AM

Anyone who gets such pleasure out of pulling nasty pranks on people like she does has a mean spirit

by Anonymousreply 109July 12, 2024 1:26 AM

[quote]Ellen wasn't accused of being mean to some extras once. Countless underlings and service people came out of the woodwork and outed her as a total asshole. These stories go back years. I can't stand to look at Stallone and completely buy that he's a piece of shit but he hasn't been accused of the same level of assholery as Ellen.

This wasn't a one-off for Stallone; he was exhibiting this asshole behavior throughout the season. It got so bad that the casting agency, Rose Locke & CL Casting. which was contracted to fill each episode with 'background actors' left the show. That's how bad it was for their employees and nothing was being done about, nor were their complaints taken seriously. Paramount pacified them with their 'internal investigation'. They protected their star rather than do the right thing for these extras.

That is why they went public with their complaints. Rose Locke & CL Casting stood with them and left the show. Paramount still didn't care - they rewarded Stallone (who has been in the business much longer than Ellen) with a second season of his television show.

Let's face it - if it were a female star doing what Stallone did throughout production, the show would be canceled and the female would be canceled immediately.

by Anonymousreply 110July 12, 2024 2:02 AM

R110 The "my asshole is asshole-ier than your asshole" argument isn't a great argument.

by Anonymousreply 111July 12, 2024 2:04 AM

Garbage bitch.

by Anonymousreply 112July 12, 2024 2:07 AM

[quote] I did not know she was that old. Wow. Lesbians age better than anybody.

That's the makeup making her look like that. Without it she looks like a nasty old hag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 12, 2024 2:14 AM

I’m pretty sure that’s her dad, Butch. He would be almost 80 now.

by Anonymousreply 114July 12, 2024 2:37 AM

Never very funny as a comic. Awful in her sitcom except for the coming out episode.

by Anonymousreply 115July 12, 2024 2:41 AM

She seemed like such a nice little loveable dyke. She must be a brilliant actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 12, 2024 2:46 AM

R113 Butch would be in his 90s now. That was him in his 80s.

by Anonymousreply 117July 12, 2024 2:46 AM

You fucking idiots. People say things like "unalive" on tiktok because if they say suicide or murder of the video gets pulled by moderator bots. Bunch of cranky old cunts.

by Anonymousreply 118July 12, 2024 4:03 AM

Ahh r99 but who knew Dory was such a raging cunt?

by Anonymousreply 119July 12, 2024 8:53 AM

No,that photo is Ellen’s Grampa.

by Anonymousreply 120July 12, 2024 6:52 PM

I don’t even like Dory because she reminds me of what a fraud Ellen is- oh there’s just no end to this.

by Anonymousreply 121July 12, 2024 6:54 PM

[quote] We aren’t toxic like straights.

You must be a recent arrival, dear heart. Fasten your seat belt.

by Anonymousreply 122July 12, 2024 6:59 PM

Good riddance, nasty cunt

by Anonymousreply 123July 12, 2024 7:01 PM

Too many reports to think she wasn't mean. She was a tyrant who could pass as decent when she needed to.

Her show was OK, but I didn't like how she would have on hot guys as a gimmick and pretend to drool over them along with her straight female audience. You're a lesbian, bitch. Yeah, talking about tits and vag would turn your viewers off, but that isnt a reason to do that straight shit. Just omit it.

by Anonymousreply 124July 12, 2024 7:04 PM

I like Ellen but I never liked her talk show. I like hosts who will asks the juicy questions, basically ones who are messy like Wendy lol.

by Anonymousreply 125July 12, 2024 7:08 PM

r124 I'm a lesbian but even I can appreciate some attractive men. I don't want to fuck them, but there's nothing wrong or ungay about what she did at all. It's actually funny coming from lesbians because we're all, "Man, you're hot but too bad about that dick thing."

by Anonymousreply 126July 12, 2024 8:36 PM

Sorry, Ellen: no one is a reasonable judge by themselves as to whether or not they are mean.

That's for others to decide: and others have spoken loud and clear about your character. You're mean.

by Anonymousreply 127July 12, 2024 9:15 PM

[quote] “This is the last time you’re going to see me. After my Netflix special, I’m done.”

Promise?

by Anonymousreply 128July 12, 2024 9:21 PM

I wonder if Ellen has taken advice from Rosie O'Donnell, who also was called "The Queen of Nice," and then also was canceled (although less dramatically) when she was revealed to be not so nice of a person.

What is it about these lesbian comics who think they have to be thought of as incredibly nice (even when they're not) if they're hosting a daytime talk show? is it because Dinah Shore was such a lesbian icon?

by Anonymousreply 129July 13, 2024 12:47 AM

Bye-bye!

by Anonymousreply 130July 13, 2024 1:32 AM

R129 Rosie more so had problems in her interpersonal life not being a cunt to staff especially underlings. Rosie never punched down. Even on The View. The only major clashes she had was with that freeper producer and Elizabeth. I think Rosie was just going thru stuff as we all do in life; she’s not really mean. And Rosie always sticks up for bullied people.

by Anonymousreply 131July 13, 2024 1:36 AM

Whoopi clashed with Walters the first time she was on 'The View', and then she clashed with Goldberg and Nicole Wallace the second time she joined the show. It was not just with Bill Geddie and Elisabeth.

by Anonymousreply 132July 13, 2024 2:21 PM

Ah come on-she was probably having a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 133July 13, 2024 2:54 PM

Paula Poundstone wasn’t this offensive or obnoxious.

Lea DeLaria is ten times this foul, but remains beloved.

Sandra Bernhardt sings to an empty theater most nights, but she keeps coming back for more.

Ellen is in a cuntery class of her own.

by Anonymousreply 134July 17, 2024 4:41 AM

I have to admit, I loved her as Dory (yes, I liked some Disney movies after watching them with relatives). I even stood in line once when I Iived in Hell-LA on the chance I might get to sit in her audience in the very early days (would have been 2004-2005). When you live that close to Studio City, sometimes you do shit like that.

But I lost the love for her long before the rumors made the rounds...probably because I was Hollywood adjacent, and heard stuff that made me pause and lose interest.

Too bad. I really loved Finding Nemo and she had a spectacular comeback with it.

by Anonymousreply 135July 17, 2024 4:53 AM

R129, Rosie walked away from her show because she was tired of it and she had 100 million dollars in the bank. Your account is basically fan fiction from someone who hates masculine lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 136July 17, 2024 5:45 AM

A retired comedian.? Now that's funny.

by Anonymousreply 137July 17, 2024 7:54 AM

I don't trust her. She has jug ears. A lot of the convicts in the "Mama's mussy" threads have jug ears.

by Anonymousreply 138July 17, 2024 7:59 AM

She needs all the time she can get to sue her plastic surgeon. That there is some scary work. Uncanny valley,

by Anonymousreply 139July 17, 2024 8:03 AM

When "Ellen" first debuted I thought it was fun and refreshing. That's like 20 yrs ago and I prob haven't watched since then except for clips on social media. Has there ever been a talk show host that wasn't a massive cunt? And they are usually quite antisocial when not working (Carson, Letterman, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 140July 17, 2024 8:30 AM

She's a Free Elf, Harry Potter

No not you Portia

by Anonymousreply 141July 17, 2024 9:07 AM

R140, that was 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 142July 17, 2024 10:55 AM

[quote] Paula Poundstone wasn’t this offensive or obnoxious.

Molesting children is pretty offensive.

by Anonymousreply 143July 17, 2024 10:55 AM

Yes,the ‘‘Jug Ears’’a sure sign of a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 144July 17, 2024 3:43 PM

I do love the Ellen bashing-because it’s fun.

by Anonymousreply 145July 17, 2024 3:44 PM

She would rather flip real estate anyway.

by Anonymousreply 146July 17, 2024 3:47 PM

R140 Oprah is not known to be a cunt nor Ricki Lake. I don’t remember hearing anything bad about Kamal Harris’ ex Montell Williams either.

by Anonymousreply 147July 17, 2024 4:28 PM

[quote]Lea DeLaria is ten times this foul, but remains beloved.

I've never heard of Lea Delaria being an asshole to work with.

by Anonymousreply 148July 17, 2024 5:15 PM

R148 She's a delight to work with, but her humor is very much "Not Mainstream." The suits would never give a daytime network talk show to a self-proclaimed "BIIIIIIG DYKE!"

by Anonymousreply 149July 17, 2024 9:37 PM

Ellen sho is homely.

by Anonymousreply 150July 17, 2024 9:41 PM

I doubt Lea Delaria would ever want a daytime talk show.

by Anonymousreply 151July 17, 2024 10:22 PM

Well, don't be expecting a going away party or anyone to beg you to stay. If there are multiple reports about your alleged bitchiness, chances are YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, not everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 152July 17, 2024 10:29 PM

Why is Ellen so mean and nasty? She's had an amazing career, is worth a bloody fortune, and lives a lurious lifestyle. Most people would be thrilled with that kind of a life.

by Anonymousreply 153July 17, 2024 10:31 PM

R153 I remember seeing an Intimate Portrait or some such guff about her years ago. Longtime friends of hers told the story of how her first serious girlfriend died in an accident, and how it utterly warped Ellen's personality after that.

But stardom and plastic surgery turns a lot of people into cunts.

by Anonymousreply 154July 18, 2024 12:47 AM

Never saw the game shows but these reports of her laughing as contestants are physically harmed is too much.Shes not a very nice girl.

by Anonymousreply 155July 18, 2024 1:08 AM

Ellen DeSinegrates!

by Anonymousreply 156July 18, 2024 1:58 AM

"Ellen's fans are gone for good

She's always been misunderstood

So she's leaving life in Hollywood

Ellen's fans are gone for good..."

by Anonymousreply 157July 18, 2024 2:08 AM

What a lovely song.

by Anonymousreply 158July 18, 2024 2:14 AM

[quote] I doubt Lea Delaria would ever want a daytime talk show.

I doubt anyone would offer her one.

by Anonymousreply 159July 20, 2024 10:26 PM

As long as they don't hit us with The Tig Notaro Show.

by Anonymousreply 160July 20, 2024 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!