Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lucie Arnaz interview with an Australian dude

I thought I saw this before but it was posted (re-posted?) two days ago.

I like her. She's a good talker, and she's interesting. Notice the Emmy in the background.

There's actually another good interview--I'll try to find it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2024 3:04 PM

Hi Lucie!

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 2:28 PM

Another one--Harvey Brownstone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 2:28 PM

Long one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 2:29 PM

R1 How'm I doin'?!

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 2:43 PM

Lucie, to me, is looking better with age. In her 20's and 30's she looked like a low rent Mamie Eisenhower. I think the desert has done wonders for her.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 3:36 PM

The Australian guy interview was GREAT! On to the others.

Had a chance to see her show in a small venue and managed to miss it. Big regret. She's really terrific.

(Larry doesn't look great, but he is pretty old. Heard he's not well. Hope he's doing better.)

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 4:44 PM

I'm not eldergay enough. I have no idea what she is famous for besides being celebrity offspring. Can we have a new category like Young Eldergay?

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 5:02 PM

[quote]I'm not eldergay enough. I have no idea what she is famous for

Astrophysics

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 5:10 PM

Laurence Luckinbill is about to turn ninety!

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 11:12 PM

I love Lucie Arnaz. She is most talented. She should have been a bigger star, but she opted to be Mommy when her star was rising.

by Anonymousreply 10July 11, 2024 1:27 AM

Lucie always gives a good interview. She’s got lots of stories and is very charming.

by Anonymousreply 11July 11, 2024 2:09 AM

I moved to Palm Springs a few years back and was directed to contact Lucie about possible volunteer opportunities in the community. She was simply the nicest person, answered right away, and gave great advice. I Love Lucie!!!!

by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2024 4:43 AM

Guys I knew had crushes on her when I was a teen. She seemed like a gawky horse, with an annoying voice, on Here's Lucy, while Desi Jr. seemed like a natural -- but time proved me wrong and pretty soon she was getting great reviews for They're Playing Our Song, and The Jazz Singer. She looks great, now. I don't think she had the enormous drive of her mom, nor did her brother. It's interesting how they both went for show biz people to have relationships with (seems like many children of stars don't). Love her in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 13July 11, 2024 3:29 PM

There's actually another really long interview with her that I liked, but couldn't find when I was posting them. Maybe somebody else can find it.

I enjoy good interviews with people in movies-TV-theatre, current or former. I don't always sit riveted to them but will watch them while I'm eating, cleaning, cooking, or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 14July 11, 2024 3:31 PM

She's wonderful, but I find her lower teeth very distracting. Surely she has enough $$ to get them fixed.

by Anonymousreply 15July 11, 2024 4:28 PM

R15 Why should she care, at her age? Is she going to be going to the singles clubs?

by Anonymousreply 16July 11, 2024 4:31 PM

Any fellow Lucie fans in the So Cal/Palm Springs area? I'd love to see her at the Purple Room in the fall and make a new friend in the process.

by Anonymousreply 17July 11, 2024 11:26 PM

If I was famously snubbed for a Tony nomination, I would make sure ANY award would be in my interview background!

by Anonymousreply 18July 11, 2024 11:31 PM

I think she got the Emmy for her (and Desi's) Lucy-Desi Sr. documentary.

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2024 6:25 PM

R19 and others... I wish she had won an Emmy for her guest appearance on an episode of law & Order (the Arthur Branch years).

She looked incredible, the costume designer knew how to dress her/the character to the nines, and she was completely committed to the role.

And yea, the character was guilty! guilty! guilty!

I saw her in a one-woman show decades ago... she could definitely command a stage in front a band.

by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2024 7:07 PM

R20...she was perfection as Jackie Scott. I quote her all the time..."Pick a lane...and don't let any son of a bitch cut you off"

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2024 6:01 AM

This is the archive of the questions she used to answer on her website. A feature that was discontinued years ago.

She was very gracious and often gave lengthy, truly kind answers. Overall much friendlier than Patti LuPone’s version of the same thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2024 3:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!