Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Political Donations and stepping up

We're all inundated by the constant barrage of requests for political donations right now, so I wanted to discuss with fellow DLers to whom they give cash and specifically, if there are organizations I should avoid (like the plague as is the case with anything/everything MAGAt and/or associated in any way with Orange Jebus or any of his grifts).

I generally do not donate to umbrella groups and prefer to give specifically to candidates. However, I received an email from the DCCC with Hakeem Jeffries all over it this morning. Is it worth giving to them vs. the DNC? I'm not talking about a lot of money here, but in these unprecedented times and facing existential peril, the need to step up is paramount. Further, I don't know much about the DCCC whereas I am familiar with the DNC (and wonder what the fuck Jaime Harrison is doing given the disaster that self-immolating Democratic party is right now). I don't want to donate money to any wishy-washy third-way type group that is going to transfer my hard-earned cash to some yellow-dog conservative running as a democrat spoiler.

Have you donated this cycle? Any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 3:02 PM

I sent $100 to the DNC last night.

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 2:22 PM

Search “Act Blue” and please pony up. It’s important!

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 2:26 PM

I have an Act Blue account and that's usually how I donate, including tacking on a tip for them to help pay for the operation (which isn't cheap).

R1, do you also donate to the DCCC?

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 2:33 PM

I got an email from the DNC and when I clicked the button, it took me to my act blue page so act blue seems to be the way to go for best stewardship of your political donations for worthy Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 2:58 PM

Grassroots donations are the life blood of a political campaign.

The big whales are far and far between.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 3:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!