Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden

I love President Biden and am grateful for the decency he restored to the presidency, among many other things. But I don't think whoever is currently coaching him behind the scenes is doing a good job: yelling and making stiff, theatrical gestures while obviously rivted to a teleprompter does not make Biden seem stronger or more 'with-it'. It makes him look pathetic and as if he is trying too hard. I'm sad to say I caught myself muttering, 'Go sit down, paw-paw' last night during his speech. This whole thing is making me feel really anxious and confused. I'm attending a local Dems gathering here tomorrow night and will be anxious to hear what people are thinking.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 2:09 PM

Another thread about this shit, really? We just had a thread about this last week.

Fresh air, OP. Get some.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 12:34 PM

R1 This thread is not exactly the same, though.

Methinks you don't want threads critical of Biden at all.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 12:41 PM

Biden is a corrupt megalomaniac who has ensured Trump’s reelection due to his arrogance and delusion.

What else do you want to know?

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 12:41 PM

OP, Biden always does that shit for DECADES.

R3, STFU.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 12:43 PM

Op...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 12:46 PM

Do people who love Joe Biden and think he "restored decency" (hell, who wouldn't, after Trump?) have a memory gap or are they just young? Back when I was 30 they guy was a pathetic joke when he ran for the Dem nomination and maybe even stood a chance--then blew it by pretending someone else's life story was his own (a British MP), lying about his law school record, saying he finished in near the top of his class when he actually finished in the lower third, saying he had three degrees when he had one. Had to drop out of the Dem primaries after being made a fool of by the media (which used to do its job better). He had and has the personality of a glad-handing salesman.

Later he authored the crime bill that disproportionate incarcerated black men for minor drug offenses. Was friends with racists Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd. Then there was Anita Hill. After he announced he's be running, in 2019, Former Colorado Rep. Pat Schroeder came forward.

[quote] Former Rep. Pat Schroeder (D-Colo.) questioned former Vice President Joe Biden’s commitment to equal treatment for women on Friday after Biden revealed he had reached out to Anita Hill, the law professor who testified about allegations of sexual harassment regarding Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. In an interview with CNN, Schroeder, who advocated for Hill during her time in Congress and advised Hill prior to her testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, described Biden’s conduct towards her and other women of the House when they demanded Hill be allowed to testify in 1991. ”As you know, the congresswomen gave one-minute-speeches on the floor [prior to Thomas’s hearing], and then walked over to the Senate because we were so upset that they weren’t even going to let her testify. And remember, [Biden] was the chairman,” Schroeder said.

[quote] Schroeder asserted that Biden was pressured by then-Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell (D-Maine) into letting Hill testify, adding that Biden would not have allowed it otherwise. “He said to us: You really don’t understand. I promised [former] Sen. [John] Danforth [R-Mo.] in the gym that this would be a quick hearing,” Schroeder said, adding that Biden was a member of the “boys’ club.”

Then also when he ran in 2019-2020, eight women came forward and accused him of inappropriate physical behavior towards them.

He also make it harder for students who couldn't pay back loans to declare bankruptcy. He said if Medicare For All came to his desk he'd veto it--because he got a lot of money from special interests.

The guy was always a shitheel. Something about his plastic surgery seems to make him have a nicer look on his face than he used to, but he's not a nice guy.

And my name isn't Boris.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 1:02 PM

(Sorry for all the typos...)

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 1:07 PM

R6 = unfamiliar with how politics works

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 1:45 PM

Something tells me that whoever is coaching him to stay in the race will be exposed as an agent double working officially for Biden and unofficially to get Trump elected.

I know, I know, I should just calm down and don't give credit conspiracy theories but the worrying thing is that for the first time I tend to give credit to a conspiracy theory.

Okay, okay, maybe not the first time as I totally believe that Epstein was assassinated in his prison cell: too many things were aligned to make it possible: cameras on the floor were being repaired. cameras at the lobby were off the grid as well. The two guards were new guys, never seen before and never seen after. One of them hadn't slept in 48 hours. Also a man was caught on cameras walking in the nearby parking lot at 4AM and I could swear I've already seen this figure but for the life of me I can't remember where.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 1:55 PM

R9, one of the main problems is that Biden has been listening to HUNTER.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 2:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!