Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joan Crawford's Morning "Beauty Routine"

Did she have to do it every single morning??

And did it work?

It seems like an awful lot of trouble, scrubbing your face (raw) with soap, scraping your arms, elbows and fingernails with a rough brush, rinsing your face in scalding hot water, and then cooling it off with ice soaked in some undetermined liquid.

From the pictures of Joan's face, her beauty routine didn't seem to be THAT great.

And in the end, she aged like everyone else.

So what was the point, except for dramatic effect?

In my opinion, it was a huge waste of time, for so little benefit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 5:26 PM

I gotcha mornin' beauty routine right here, Joan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 10:05 AM

I think the liquid was Witch-hazel.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 11:16 AM

It wasn't really her beauty routine. The opening was meant to illustrate her sickness and obsession with "cleanliness".

Who scrubs their hands raw as part of a beauty routine?

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 11:42 AM

Yeah, she does that morning routine shit then she smokes all goddamn day long and destroys her skin anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 11:51 AM

I know shortly after the release Mommie Dearest, I tried pressing ice cubes to my face after pouring rubbing alcohol on them. I was 13 years old. Only tried it a few times and switched to drinking vodka on the rocks instead.

Still a beauty, to this day.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 1:49 PM

Point taken OP, but The Fountain of Youth is a perennial folly — 99% of the over the counter skin treatments, lotions and beauty regimens of this, or any other era, are useless garbage that only monetize human insecurity.

Also, most of the medical interventions and treatments don’t work past a certain point and just make things objectively worse.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 2:16 PM

Washing my face in cold water in the morning invigorates me.

I might try the ice method, but I’d need a maid to prepare it before dawn. I don’t see that in the future.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 4:22 PM

I assumed that was her routine when she was filming.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 4:25 PM

Try as she might Joan could never scrub off the stench of whore.

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 5:22 PM

OCD all the way!

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!