Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fuck them Both!

Tennessee woman vindicated for speaking her mind in the US of A.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 12:23 PM

Hurrah for the double haters.

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 3:34 AM

Murdoch NY Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 3:43 AM

She doesn’t even live in a community with a HOA. I thought this would be a battle between a homeowner and a HOA, but it’s an entire town that has a policy that denies freedom of speech.

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 3:47 AM

I kind of like her.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 3:58 AM

I like her.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 4:33 AM

r2 Not if you are smart enough to have an ad blocker and click the "Continue without supporting" option.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 4:44 AM

They got your clickdata (site visit and referral traffic) and your cookies, which provides them with their ad rates.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 6:05 AM

[quote] their ad rates

Which does not matter if you are not paying the ad rate by blocking ads. This is why a lot of sites require you to turn off your ad blocker before allowing you to enter the site. They can't make money off of ad revenue when ads are blocked.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 6:33 AM

Oh, you sweet summer child.

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 6:36 AM

Really not interested in arguing with you about it. Not every click, while running an ad blocker (among other browser tools) is direct revenue for a site. That is a fact. Have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 6:48 AM

The referral traffic and click numbers determine ad rates whether your ad gives an impression count or not. It's not all about you. DL giving the post a fuckton of referral, let alone overall, traffic is not a good thing, ad blockers or no ad blockers.

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2024 7:05 AM

Honestly, I don't care. They're not making revenue off of me directly which is costing them far more than all of that other shit you just listed. If other people aren't employing ad blockers, that isn't my problem nor concern.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2024 7:25 AM

Thank you for displaying to all of us do you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2024 7:33 AM

If you sincerely believe you're correct, so be it. You are not. Again, have a good day.

by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2024 7:45 AM

What a coarse, what in my day we would refer to as a, broad. While I may sympathize with her sentiment, she has a third party option in Mr. Kennedy. There’s no need to sling in vulgarities, I say, no reason. And, if she were to realistically weigh her options between a lying felon who led an insurrection against her country and is waging a war against her sex vs a president with policy wobbles, she would see that throwing both babies out in the same bath water is dim witted, simpleminded and foolish.

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2024 7:58 AM

[quote]a president with policy wobbles

Is policy wobbles the new euphemism for dementia?

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2024 10:29 AM

Girls, girls, you're both cunts

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2024 10:39 AM

Its not my fault that El Señor Ad Blocker can't zoom out beyond their own adclick value, and no amount of patronizing declaration of their own correctness will change that.

DL's value isn't in traffic, it's in the authority: the reliability of the links shared on a site as "good links", as calculated by the search engines. There are subsets of authority, like the authority of the Datalounge site itself and the topical authority DL has in subject matter areas, etc..

DL's not that big of a site, relatively, for traffic. It's not going to move the money needle for anyone. Authority is a different kettle of fish altogether. which is huge because DL has been here since 1995 and is fully indexed on Google. Therefore, a link from DL has a high value for search engine and links shared on DL tend to get amplified in search (SEO) because of that.

So when you share a NY Post link on DL it makes the NY Post link rank higher on Google, which is the #1 referrer of traffic on the internet. Your visit to the NY Post itself won't generate much money for Murdoch, but causing the link to do better in search most certainly will.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 11:32 AM

[quote] Fuck them Both!

Not even I would be interested in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2024 11:58 AM

I like the cut of her jib. She's equal opportunity too.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2024 12:20 PM

She has stated her position. What a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 12:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!