Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else without power post- Beryl?

It's fucking hot! 🥵

I'm drinking lukewarm rose and waiting...

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2024 2:55 AM

the wine will make you hotter hun

but maybe that doesn't matter right now

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 10:28 PM

how are you posting?

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 10:31 PM

Where are you, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 10:33 PM

Poor peeps don't own whole house generators.

Pity.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 10:33 PM

I have power but no hot water.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 10:33 PM

I am scared steef!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 10:35 PM

Yeah the first thing I'd do after a fucking hurricane and during a power cut would be to go on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 10:35 PM

I'm near the Heights. I have cell connectivity.

What would you do, r7? There's nothing to do.

We're getting solar later this summer.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 10:36 PM

Actually booze and the DL is my go-to for pretty much any major event in life.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 10:39 PM

Oh flyoverstan, havent you recieved the obnoxious hints we give op ?

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 11:06 PM

Are you presenting hole?

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 11:10 PM

Ours just came back on in the Ark-LA-Tex, as they say here, luckily we have a small generator that can barely run things, and we had 67 tornado warnings, the most ever recorded here, it must be a record in the country I would think, just one fatality.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2024 2:14 AM

41 hours so far. A moist towelette can only do so much.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2024 3:55 AM

R8, FYI, solar panels on your roof won’t power your house during a power outage.

In order to keep people hooked up to the power grid and paying fees for grid upkeep the solar panels on your roof will not produce electricity when there is no electricity coming in from the street. This is to keep people from disconnecting from the electrical grid entirely and it not being able to support itself through fees.

You can get a syne wave generator to hook up to your system that will mimic the electricity from the street to bypass this but it’s very complicated and probably illegal.

by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2024 4:07 AM

Still no power, so I’m staying at my parents and watching bad tv. Apparently there is a That 70s show sequel in the 90s and it’s unfunnier than the original. I should have stayed in my 90 degree apartment.

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2024 4:12 AM

OP doesn’t realize that there’s a world outside of his basement.

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2024 5:22 AM

Where do you live, OP?

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2024 5:22 AM

[quote] I'm near the Heights.

Hon, what fucking state are you in?

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 5:23 AM

What's happening off the coast of Flarda?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 11, 2024 11:48 AM

The Heights is a neighborhood in Houston, near north side.

by Anonymousreply 20July 11, 2024 12:26 PM

You may not have responsive government or responsible utilities, but you’ve got Freedom! Enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 21July 11, 2024 1:07 PM

Still no power. It was 88 when I went to bed and 85 when I got up. Fuck Greg Abbott and fuck this state. I say that as a fifth generation Texan. This is absolutely appalling!! We just went through this 6 weeks ago!

by Anonymousreply 22July 11, 2024 1:29 PM

R22, I agree. I took time off to go help my mother in bumfuck Trinity, TX, where she retired and the whole fucking town was dead since Tuesday. A whole town without power. No businesses open at all due to the state's ineptness. All those rural poor hourly workers unable to go to work. My step-father rigged up a generator for their fridge and we had some fans but it was still miserable as he had to shut down the generator at night. No wifi, cell phone connectivity was sporadic. Generators run on gas and good luck with finding gas out there. Lines wrapped around the only place on the highway in the next town that had it. I finally came back to Houston last night where I knew I had power but was surprised at how many businesses were still dark. My local Specs had their glass doors smashed in. Fucking looters.

by Anonymousreply 23July 11, 2024 3:27 PM

We're getting a NG hook up so no more having to go get gas for the generator, in 58 yrs we've never had the gas go out, I hope I didn't just jinxed myself.

by Anonymousreply 24July 12, 2024 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!