Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Family of NYC woman whose body was found in a sleeping bag calls for justice

NEW YORK -- Family and friends are speaking out after a woman's body was found wrapped in a sleeping bag on a New York City street.

Yazmeen Williams was found Friday just before 5 p.m. on 27th Street between Second and Third avenues. Police were initially called about a suspicious package on the curb. They found a sleeping bag partially covered by a trash bag. They found the 31-year-old's body inside.

According to the medical examiner's office, Williams died from a gunshot wound to the head.

Police confirm they have a person of interest in custody. Investigators were seen Monday evening going in and out of a building around the corner from where Williams was found, though police sources say it's unclear where the killing took place.

Police sources say a man was seen on video pulling the bag on a motorized wheelchair. Several people said Williams was friends with a man who uses a wheelchair in the neighborhood, where she grew up and lived nearby.

"We want justice for Yazzy"

A makeshift memorial has been set up near where her body was found.

Williams was just about to start a new job at the city's Department of Housing Preservation on Monday.

"She was looking so forward to living, living her life," her mother, Nicole Williams, said. "She got her degree in criminal justice. She went to Buffalo State University, and she wanted to go back to be a lawyer."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2024 4:08 PM

Family and friends mobbed the suspect!

Good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 12:22 PM

That's a lynch mob.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 12:27 PM

I predict a NYC mob actually killing someone who commits a horrible crime. There’s less faith in the courts and this is one outcome.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 12:35 PM

R3 totally agree. New Yorkers are tough. They are no nonsense. I agree that they will take justice in their own hands. Luckily the police acted fast on this one. Let's see of the courts do their job now.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 12:43 PM

[quote] Police were initially called about a suspicious package on the curb. They found a sleeping bag partially covered by a trash bag. They found the 31-year-old's body inside.

Such a waste.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 1:14 PM

I feel so badly for that poor girl and her family. Such a bright future ahead destroyed. People have lost their fucking minds. If he's the killer I hope he gets the death penalty. I'll volunteer to pull the switch.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 2:11 PM

I wonder how many felony warrants this perp has had against him that were either dismissed outright by Soros DA Alvin Bragg or plea bargained down to insignificance by Bragg and New York judges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 2:28 PM

That is terrible, very sorry for the victim and her family

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 2:33 PM

[quote] I wonder how many felony warrants this perp has had against him

Chad Irish, person of interest in killing of Yazmeen Williams, whose body was found in sleeping bag, ID’d as parolee with long rap sheet

Irish, who is currently out on parole for a Bronx robbery and assault, has 21 priors to his name, the sources added.

He served three years in prison after he was convicted of attempted arson for trying to blow up his uncle’s home in The Bronx back in 1994 by dislodging a gas pipe and two propane tanks, sparking an explosion.

Surprise

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 3:19 PM

Insane video of this guy dragging her body down the street in a sleeping bag, behind his motorized scooter.

CRAZY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 11, 2024 7:08 AM

[QUOTE]“I’m not sure if their relationship was romantic or if it was more for convenience,” the chief said. “She would just stay with him. I’m sure there was some narcotics arrangement involved.”

I was wondering why she would ever get involved with such trash.

by Anonymousreply 11July 11, 2024 2:17 PM

R9 Fuck. There is no excuse for the public being exposed to a guy like this. Poor girl. Absolutely awful.

by Anonymousreply 12July 11, 2024 4:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!