Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another woman swallowed whole by a python in Indonesia

A woman was found dead inside the belly of a snake after it swallowed her whole in central Indonesia last week, police said, the second python killing in the province in a month.

Siriati, 36, had gone missing after she left her house Tuesday morning to buy medicine for her sick child, police said Wednesday, prompting relatives to launch a search.

Her husband Adiansa, 30, found her slippers and pants on the ground about 500 meters from their house in Siteba village, South Sulawesi province.

"Shortly after that, he spotted a snake, about 10 meters from the path. The snake was still alive," local police chief Idul, who like many Indonesians has one name, told AFP.

Village secretary Iyang told AFP that Adiansa became suspicious after he noticed the python's "very large" belly. He called the villagers to help cut open its stomach, where they found her body.

The fatal attack comes about a month after a woman was found dead inside the belly of a reticulated python in another district of South Sulawesi. Graphic video published by TMZ appeared to show the snake being cut open in a wooded area while more footage posted by the Daily Mail appeared to show the woman's body being carried in a blanket past distressed villagers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 9:16 PM

[quote]Siriati, 36, had gone missing after she left her house Tuesday morning to buy medicine for her sick child

What an awful way to go...

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 12:48 PM

Damn. Didn't think of the python ruse!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 12:56 PM

Oh no, it's up to my toe!

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 1:20 PM

here's the thing. This is not something that happens real sudden. When a python grabs it's prey, it takes a very long time for it to swallow it. First it has to crush it, right? So was she dead before she was swallowed ? Or close to dead. I don't get why no one heard her cry out. Because she had to be screaming. They need to carry machetes so they can hack those bastards up.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 1:38 PM

If those women weren't so damned delicious, they wouldn't get eaten.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 1:43 PM

Since we are on the subject of pythons- Charles Bronson- I bet he had a python between his legs.

He was not conventionally attractive but I think he was very hot ca. 1974.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 1:45 PM

Why did she take her slippers and pants off?

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 1:46 PM

Do you think she was trying to run away and fell so that the python could eat her? It couldn't happen while she was standing unless he came down from a tree and ate her head-first.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 1:55 PM

I was hungry an hour later..

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 1:57 PM

Oh gee, it's up to my knee!

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 2:07 PM

R10, she was Googling "what do to when a python starts to eat you."

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 2:21 PM

She had time to remove her panties and slippers?

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 2:52 PM

Yeah, R4, the person is dead before ingested. It's not like dying in the Sarlacc pit.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 3:14 PM

Not worried.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 3:20 PM

Wonder if all snakes swallow, or some just spit.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 3:38 PM

R4 when a python squeezes its prey, they are unable to breathe or scream. They get crushed to death and suffocate.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 3:44 PM

My worst nightmare. And it can happen to anyone at any time, is the scariest part.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 4:10 PM

" And it can happen to anyone at any time."

It can?

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 4:24 PM

Oh my, it's up to my thigh!

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 4:25 PM

I think the lady is supposed to swallow the python.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2024 4:29 PM

Huh r17? Pythons are native to tropical regions. In the US there is only a real population of them in Florida.

Most people posting on this board have zero chance of running into a Python.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 4:31 PM

Gosh, if it could consume a 36-year old adult without anybody realizing until it was too late, imagine a child.

Just imagine.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 4:40 PM

She was missing her slippers and pants? is this like the Florida 'alligator ate the evidence of rape and murder' tales?

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 4:48 PM

Was she raped and killed and then the perpetrator placed her somewhere where a python might find her?

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 4:59 PM

I wonder how fast a python strikes? I would think it would start winding around one’s ankles first. At that point if she had a knife she could cut it and it’d probably let go. Or does come above from a tree and start at the neck. If she had a knife she could still stab it.

Do they not carry protection while walking through the jungle?

So many questions…

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 5:09 PM

Indonesia is prone to some of the most frightful ways to go: constant tsunamis! Crocodiles! Volcanoes! Human-eating pythons.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 5:14 PM

She was 36...her husband is 30. You go, guuurl!

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 8:58 PM

[quote] If those women weren't so damned delicious, they wouldn't get eaten.

R5 is a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 9:03 PM

Team python.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 9:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!