Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jon Stewart

Was he put back on television specifically to help elect Trump?

I hope this scumbag gets his due.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2024 12:16 AM

He's trying to tell the democratic party what to do to end this charade and get out of this quagmire. I'm glad he's back.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 11:58 AM

You can’t criticize him, he’ll just come back with his standard “I’m just a comedian, what’s WRONG with you, idiot??” routine…

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 12:00 PM

Jon Stewart has not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 12:00 PM

Who cares about Jon Stewart. He was never funny anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 12:07 PM

Yeah he looks like shit too.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 12:07 PM

I hate Jon Stewart and, yes, if he thought it would make himself sound edgy outside the playbook, he will sing praises for Trump.

But this time he's right. Democrats who would have us believe its too disruptive, too organizationally difficult to usher in a qualified Democratic candidtae with a pulse and the ability to answer questions and to walk off the stage without holding Mommy's hand after is a fucking insult. I respect Biden's many accomplishments, I'll vote for him I have no choice but to do, but I don't agree with the strategy of sweeping the problem under the rug and all Democrats pretending in lockstep that there is no problem, that everything is fine, that Mighty Joe will save the day again.

Mighty Joe's decline has been such that he seems to have no fucking idea where he is or what he's supposed to be doing whenever the cameras are rolling. But we are supposed to accept that he's sharp as a tack, laser focused, and in command of all his once formidable faculties behind closed doors? No, that's ridiculous.

Democrats are famous for eating their own and arguing about anything, you think we now should unite as a bloc and defend Formerly Mighty Joe and pregtend everything he's fit as a fucking fiddle? No. The stakes are too high you say, we have to elect a fast-declining near vegetable to a second term. I say the stakes are too high to give up the election out of pride: Biden's pride, his family's pride, the pride of White House staffers who may think they can manage perfectly with a vegetable-in-chief, who overlook the fact that Biden's decline is so severe that it starts to paint Trump in a more favorable light among voters, it makes that fucking buffoon look "presidential" by comparison, by just sitting with a smug grin and watching Biden hand himself and the whole fucking country.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 12:09 PM

Actually, OP's clip and Jon's analysis of the debate was pretty funny and laser accurate. The role of a real comedian, the most talented ones, is to tell the truth no one wants to hear. He is doing exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 12:11 PM

The DNC loves to give their electorate exactly what they don't want and then scold them for not being enthusiastic enough

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 12:13 PM

I recall his first show back was focused on shitting on Biden and false equivocating with Trump. That seemed to be his specialty before he left the Daily Show. Giving equal weight to the insufficiencies of the Democratic party with the significantly worse actions of the right wing.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 12:20 PM

I've tried so hard to like Jon Stewart since his big come-back, I really have... I just don't ☹️

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 12:35 PM

Judging by his monologue last night, I think Colbert also thinks it is time for Biden to step aside, so it’s not just Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 12:36 PM

Why these guys who I used to think were such great team players want to dump the quarterback after one bad game is beyond me. That's not how this works

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 12:47 PM

This is NOT the answer. The more you beat-up on Biden the stronger this thing gets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 12:51 PM

I have NEVER liked Jon Stewart. Without his writers, he’s stupid and unfunny. I remember watching an interview with Rachel Maddow. He did not come off as a MENSA member.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 12:52 PM

Democrats are anything but team players, and that's why they're going to lose this election BIG TIME!!!! Shades of 1972 anyone?

The Pukes have united behind their man, flaws and all, and sidelined/ostracized all of Trump's detractors. Too bad Democrats can't/won't do the same to Biden's detractors within the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 12:53 PM

^ Go fuck yourself, troll

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 12:59 PM

Biden CANNOT win.

The debate was supposed to reverse the image - supposedly created by right-wing trolls - that he was a decrepit old corpse.

Well, guess what?

It confirmed that portrayal in the eyes of the electorate.

"But Trump is another fossil!"

Hate to break this to you but image counts in all aspects of life but ESPECIALLY politics.

Biden is done and he needs to do the right thing by the country and step aside.

The longer Biden leaves this, the harder it will be for the party to pivot to a new candidate.

The electorate is practically begging for a new candidate and neither party can give it to them.

Preferably someone below 2000 years old.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 1:11 PM

I've never bought the whole thing about age. Bernie is older than Joe and he's going strong. I do believe at this point that Biden has parkinson's, which is why he sounds and moves like he's 101 instead of 81. That said, I truly believe his mind is fine. But that won't be enough. As for Jon Steart, I've been less than impressed with him and the show. Give me John Oliver any day.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 1:11 PM

Stewart has never done anything but read his lines and mug. Anyone can read scripted lines over a montage of Fox News clips and then make funny faces. Not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 1:55 PM

His take on Biden at the debate was classic Stewart and was hilarious. The debate provided a boatload of material to comedians. Were they supposed to just ignore it? The country needs to be like it was with Johnny Carson and Jay Leno and be able to poke fun at people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2024 2:12 PM

This douche was always smarmy and obnoxious.

Remember that dumb rally he did with Colbert?

I thought, "Christ, this is enough to make you vote Republican."

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 2:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 2:43 PM

[quote]Mighty Joe's decline has been such that he seems to have no fucking idea where he is or what he's supposed to be doing whenever the cameras are rolling. But we are supposed to accept that he's sharp as a tack, laser focused, and in command of all his once formidable faculties behind closed doors? No, that's ridiculous.

From the evidence, I think it's far closer to the truth to say that there are many moments when Biden is completely coherent and in command -- even sometimes when he's on camera or being voice-recorded. But most unfortunately, there are also many moments when he is not.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 2:51 PM

I agree that the Republicans have always been better at supporting their candidates, no matter what. And I remember that Democrats, including DL posters, hated them for that and their lemmings approach. I prefer the Democrats' approach of questioning things more than sweeping them under the rug.

I found no flaw in Jon Stewarts take down in his first show or this time. He is right that Joe Biden is not fit. And we look stupid if we pretend that he is. Diane Feinstein in her last five years was not a good example of good governance.

But no matter how you feel about the Joe Biden problem, some of you guys need to learn how to live with disagreement. You cannot just limit yourself to those who agree with you on everything. If you just wait for those 100%-ers you miss opportunities to achieve things with people who you agree only 60% of the time with. Don't like Jon Stewart? Fine. That's fair. Just don't dismiss him because he has a different opinion on one topic.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 2:55 PM

I’m dismissing him because he’s a retread.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 3:15 PM

@r24, And there it is, the "both sides" troll right on cue...

"I agree that the Republicans have always been better at supporting their candidates, no matter what"

Rape Treason Corruption Insurrection Various felonious activities

"Joe Biden is not fit."

He verbally stumbled during a debate, but didn't actually say or do anything that was in error

r24, You are a stupid piece of shit troll who is reading a script thinking we're as dumb as the assholes who wrote that garbage

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote]He verbally stumbled during a debate, but didn't actually say or do anything that was in error

He said abortion rights are important because of all the women being raped by their sisters and in-laws. He said no American troops died while he's been president.

I'd say the Biden Dead Enders are the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 4:36 PM

R26 I think you need to step away from DL and take a walk around the clock. This topic is a bit too taxing for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 4:39 PM

[quote] I recall his first show back was focused on shitting on Biden

Jon Stewart was pointing out Biden’s decline just like the world is talking about now. Had his operatives stopped hiding it, we might have a viable candidate now who had a chance to sell themself to voters.

He ripped the shit out of Trump, just like those in denial here keep demanding the media do.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 4:41 PM

The tone of the late-night white males is changing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2024 4:49 PM

@r27, Trump said the US had the greatest economy during his administration and that he cured covid

Ok, genius, who's lying and who stumbled over words?

Take all the time you need, because you're FUCKING STUPID

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2024 5:10 PM

I stopped watching him when he was still host of Daily Show. It used to be an excellent show but he started mugging for the camera and doing “funny” voices…reminiscent of Jerry Lewis. Jon’s brother is former head of NYSE and is a huge hedge fund billionaire. You think that hasn’t affected Jon Stewart and his views? He left the Daily Show and started showing up under Colbert’s desk, coming out saying stupid things. Really stupid things.im amazed anyone listens to a word he says. He’s sunken into schtick

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2024 5:10 PM

OP is a fascist pig who lives in the media bubble, aka MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2024 7:13 PM

OP is getting upset about a comedian. Feels like a waste of energy to me.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2024 7:40 PM

See?!!

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2024 7:49 PM

His auteur director career fizzled. The Rethugs are probably paying him back all the money he lost.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2024 7:52 PM

….and back to just Jon Stewart in general, I find him not funny at all. I saw him interviewed by Rachel Maddow around 15 years ago, and he sounded like a complete idiot, worse than usual. He was dour. Totally made him suck in my eyes. It’s clear that his writers lift him to a different plane, even though he still sucks.

by Anonymousreply 37August 24, 2024 1:51 AM

So now we hate Jon Stewart? Let me add it to the spreadsheet.

by Anonymousreply 38August 24, 2024 1:55 AM

I prefer Bill Maher to Jon Stewart. But Seth Myer beats them all.

by Anonymousreply 39August 24, 2024 2:22 AM

He’s miserable and working one day a week is too much-he not helping-he should fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 40August 24, 2024 2:29 AM

I prefer the one who never says anything I don't like.

by Anonymousreply 41August 24, 2024 2:39 AM

He’s been hammering Republicans hard since Biden dropped out. He’s a far better commentator than smug ass Bill Maher, and funnier than Seth Meyers.

by Anonymousreply 42August 24, 2024 2:42 AM

[Quote] He’s miserable and working one day a week is too much-he not helping-he should fuck off. R40

What we all thought about DJT when it was in Office. Constantly on the golf course, doing fuck all, miserable all the time. Needed to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 43August 24, 2024 2:53 AM

I REALLY despise Jon Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 44August 24, 2024 4:03 AM

[quote] But Seth Myer beats them all.

Too bad you can't spell his name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 45August 24, 2024 4:08 AM

Mighty Joe Biden is unbothered by this hack.

by Anonymousreply 46August 24, 2024 4:12 AM

I think we know why most of these posters really hate Jon Stewart. Talk about “the elephant in the room.”

Meanwhile, he was right, Biden had to go, and we at least stand a chance now.

by Anonymousreply 47August 24, 2024 4:12 AM

Whose you’s callin a fat whore fat whore?

by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2024 12:15 AM

“Die in a grease fire bitch” (I love that one)

by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2024 12:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!