Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kamala

There's A LOT of hate for this woman on social media, and I'd like to think it's because of something she did as opposed to the alternative. Can anyone speculate why she's so hated? She's the VP so she really doesn't do anything that deserves this level of hate. OR has she and I just missed it? Scott Jennings, a Republican correspondent on CNN, says her name with such low-key venom. They all seem to dismiss her with no explanation.

What am I missing? Is it "just because"?

by Anonymousreply 187July 13, 2024 4:56 PM

You already know why. She might not be the most dynamic, etc. but that's not why people hate her.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 11:07 AM

[quote] Can anyone speculate why she's so hated?

I don't think she is hated. Not being taken seriously is another matter

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 11:17 AM

R1 I mean...that certainly has crossed my mind, but as a Black, I've really tried to give people the benefit of the doubt. I've even heard someone say, "She talks too much." Like...WHAT? That doesn't even make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 11:18 AM

Her incompetence in handling the one big thing given to her ( border security) has led many to believe she was merely a DEI hire. Plus, she has not been heard for the past four years, like most of the Biden underlings, with the exception of Buttigieg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 11:26 AM

I’ve never heard anyone say they hate her ever

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 11:30 AM

She is denigrated because she would make a great 1st female president if anything happens to Joe.

Typical Republican advance work.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 11:31 AM

I don’t think she is hated but she comes across as inauthentic and a bit insecure. But she can find her stride. I’d give her a chance.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 11:48 AM

Buttigieg took off for months during the critical period of COVID but didn't receive half as much hate.

I think Biden's team gave her border security to guarantee she'd not be able to achieve anything.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 11:51 AM

There's a video of Kamala when she was running for the nomination and she was talking about gun control and she spoke with clarity and authority.

The videos I see now of Kamala make her sound unserious and hokey. The "unburdened" montage video is a good example of this. And the Taraji video call clip worked well for her core votes but it isn't saying anything to Republicans.

She needs to rediscover her own authentic voice, her sense of purpose and direction. She's capable of so much more.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 11:56 AM

As VP, there isn’t much she can do about border security. I think the Biden administration absolutely did not give her border security because they knew she couldn’t achieve anything, they gave it to her to try and shut up the people who said he isn’t doing anything about it. She’s being a bit jolly I think in the same way that Obama played cool, they don’t want to appear to be the angry black man or woman.

She is hated because she’s a woman and she’s black.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 11:56 AM

No one likes her because she’s a CACKLING HYENA .

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 11:58 AM

Kamala with Miss Lindsey. Happy moments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 11:58 AM

[quote]There's A LOT of hate for this woman on social media, and I'd like to think it's because of something she did as opposed to the alternative.

I think it's mostly because if what she hasn't done over the past four years, rather than what she did. No growth, no accomplishments to speak of.

I've always claimed that VPs are wholly irrelevant and should just be ignored, but that's not how most other people perceive them.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 1:04 PM

To this day I don't understand why people hated Obama... Oh, wait

Same with Kamala, but it's worse, because woman

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 1:12 PM

John Nance Garner III, the 32nd vice president of the United States under Franklin D. Roosevelt from 1933 to 1941.

He y described the vice presidency as being "𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘣𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮 𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘴".

I doubt Kamala would have ever heard of him before her inauguration as VP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote] No growth, no accomplishments to speak of.

No post offices?

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 1:17 PM

She’s a Black woman. There’s your answer.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 1:18 PM

I still don't understand why he chose her as VP. She ambushed him during the first debate and the t-shirts were beyond embarrassing.

As for the lack of support, I don't think it's about race, I think it's because she can't think on her feet. Either she has some sort of phobia about public speaking or she's all surface no substance. She says a lot but there's no there, there.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 1:38 PM

[quote]Can anyone speculate why she's so hated?

I would say it’s because of, and not necessarily in order of importance, her voice, her cackle, and everything she says.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 1:42 PM

She only got her job because she is black. She’s a DEI choice and Americans don’t want a DEI President.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2024 1:43 PM

Joe said he wanted Kamala to be the first person in the room (after him) and the last to leave. He is giving her a master class in how to run an effective Presidency. If she gets another 4 years she will be our President in 2028. SUPPORT THEM.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 1:50 PM

She was not an optimal choice for VP. She has detractors in many corners, including the black community for her work as a DA. She has repeatedly put her foot in her mouth, so the administration doesn't put her out there much anymore. I'll vote for her if she is on the nom, but she is an uninspiring leader.

There are plenty who do not like her because she is black and a women. But the lack of enthusiasm within the party is clear and it has nothing to her race or sex. Some people are natural leaders like Stacey Abrams, and some people are not.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 1:56 PM

[quoteThere are plenty who do not like her because she is black and a women

If Michelle Obama ran for president, people would be very excited. Not to mention Oprah.

In the entire history of the country, sitting vice-presidents have become president only 4 times: John Adams in 1796, Thomas Jefferson in 1800, Martin Van Buren in 1836, and George H. W. Bush in 1988. People are used to seeing them in a subsidiary role, and it's hard to think of them as leaders.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 2:05 PM

[quote] In the entire history of the country, sitting vice-presidents have become president only 4 times

Not counting when Presidents died in office

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 2:11 PM

Posted this before, but when she was Cal AG I did not have a great experience with her or her office. Had great experiences with Brown and Becerra when they were AG respectively. Honestly found her management style lacking.

I voted for her for Senate over Sanchez though. When I met Loretta Sanchez years ago I was not impressed at all

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 2:23 PM

Also, maybe it’s old news but the whole “I was that little girl, Joe” at the 2020 debates with t-shirts bearing that slogan printed and ready to be sold the next day was kinda crappy

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 2:28 PM

She fails the optics, which is superficial and stupid, but real. (In her case, she fails the aurals - the cackles, the nasally voice, the word salads. If they'd just let her go out and present substantively, like during her questions in hearings, rather than trying to appear likeable and folksy, she'd probably come across as very impressive.) Optically, she's fantastic. If they were casting a woman of color VP in a movie, she'd look like Harris. Just as Abrams doesn't look presidential with her gapped teeth and big belly or Elizabeth Warren couldn't convince anybody the scoldy nerd was enjoying her beer, the look of the thing counts now. Joe's age wouldn't hurt him nearly so much if he didn't look and act so goddamn old.

That said, I think she'd be a fine president if she landed the job because Biden left it during a term. I didn't used to think so but I think she could do it absolutely fine. I'm not sure she could win it, which is stupid, but the rules and expectations are set. It's not impossible. Gretchen Whitmer has obviously mastered leadership politics. Nikki Haley presents well, so long as you don't actually listen to anything she says. It's doable. You just have to let smart women be themselves, rather than trying to turn them into electable personalities.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 2:37 PM

R27: that was Clinton as well. Ready to do the job, sadly not up to running for it.

R18: Biden painted himself into a PC corner on that. He should've picked Donna Edwards, but no one asked me ...

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 2:44 PM

For 4 years she has done nothing but give motivational speeches filled with cliche’s and punctuated with laughing. I can’t take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 2:46 PM

Because it’s a hit job in advance from the Republicans. Don’t you know anything?

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2024 2:56 PM

It's basically a sport to shit on politicians and, as both a senior and prominent politician, she's in the firing line.

Don't get me wrong; politicians need to be held to account, but many take that to the extreme.

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2024 3:03 PM

[quote]She fails the optics,

And the acoustics.

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2024 3:07 PM

The Kamala Harris Veep Reboot | The Daily Show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2024 3:09 PM

People are too damned picky. Get a politician with an IQ above 130, an advanced degree to show some intellectual stamina, the absence of glaring personality disorders, general solid health and energy, some integrity, some proven job performance and an interest in the new position.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2024 3:10 PM

It’s the laughing and the tendency towards word salad. Which don’t seem like they would be that big of a deal, but I think they are very transparent ways of doing the normal politician job of concealing who she really is and what she really means and it makes people respond poorly towards her.

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2024 3:12 PM

She might do better if she was actually campaigning for herself and had her own agenda and vision she could lay out…rather than just playing second fiddle in the background to old Joe Biden. But that’s what the Vice President role basically requires.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2024 3:20 PM

She's pretty, nice and likeable. In politics, those are the most important qualities a female candidate/office holder needs.

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2024 3:23 PM

She’s come under more scrutiny than previous Vice Presidents because Biden is the oldest President ever, so it’s very likely that she’ll assume the Presidency at some point. People are paying attention to her and aren’t particularly impressed with what the limited amounts they’ve seen.

by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2024 3:23 PM

R8 Pete needed that time off, no matter what was happening in the country! We had just had twins and my moobs were so sore from all the breastfeeding! His presence at home was essential, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2024 3:43 PM

[quote]Her incompetence in handling the one big thing given to her ( border security) has led many to believe she was merely a DEI hire.

Please specify what you would have liked her to do, keeping in mind that she has no power to make anybody do anything.

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2024 3:46 PM

Like Hillary, she's a smart woman, and that makes a lot of very stupid men feel threatened and incredibly insecure.

Also, she's a woman of color. As we saw with Michelle Obama, that makes a lot of very stupid, racist pig men KKKlan grannies feel threatened and incredibly insecure.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2024 3:50 PM

"Her incompetence in handling the one big thing given to her ( border security) has led many to believe she was merely a DEI hire."

"In April 2024, the U.S. Border Patrol recorded 128,900 encounters between ports of entry along the southwest border. In April, encounters between ports of entry along the southwest border were 6% lower than in March 2024 and 30% lower than April 2023."

I guess she's actually doing a pretty good job then

I'm so tired of you trolls with your archaic talking points. Time to get a new script

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 9, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote]I think it's mostly because of what she hasn't done over the past four years, rather than what she did.

Interesting in that her predecessor's greatest accomplishment was not letting Trump kill him.

She was greatly accomplished before she was elected.

In a second Biden term, I would not be surprised if they did everything together

because the day after Biden is elected, Vice President Kamala Harris is running for President.

A great Republican fear.

by Anonymousreply 43July 9, 2024 5:13 PM

[quote]She’s a Black woman. There’s your answer.

The convenient fall back excuse.

by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2024 5:32 PM

She is denigrated because she is the VP. She will be president if Biden wins and steps down or something happens to him. The GOP want to put in the minds that she is not qualified.

by Anonymousreply 45July 9, 2024 5:39 PM

I don't seem to recall this level of scrutiny applied to Mike Pence or any other Vice-President in history.

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2024 5:41 PM

If she somehow becomes the nominee, I'm going to count the minutes between her nomination and the moment Trump questions the real location of her birth and demands to see the long-form copy of her birth certificate. It is no longer a dog whistle; it is flat out unadulterated racism to rile up the MAGA world. And before the week is over it will become the new doxa of the Republican party and all the talking points and innuendo around the "Biden crime family" will instantly become a thing of the past, an old useless trope.

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2024 5:43 PM

[quote]—Not a troll. Just curious

[quote][R1] I mean...that certainly has crossed my mind, but as a Black

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2024 5:47 PM

Department of Justice just announced that they busted a huge Russian troll farm operating in the U.S. interfering with politicalshit on social media. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 49July 9, 2024 5:48 PM

^ 🤣 But as a gay black lesbian homosexual African-American woman of color...

by Anonymousreply 50July 9, 2024 5:52 PM

[quote]There are plenty who do not like her because she is black and a women. But the lack of enthusiasm within the party is clear and it has nothing to her race or sex. Some people are natural leaders like Stacey Abrams, and some people are not.

It's weird; on paper, she should be a great candidate and even before his recent issues, Biden was never "dynamic" so she should've have opportunities to shine - and yet she didn't. While it was likely not all her fault, she's got take at least some responsibility for the fact that a party that should love her feels lukewarm at best. And I was in a store the other day when the salesclerk spoke about how she hoped Michelle would run & nearly burst into tears. So it's not just a gender/race issue with K

by Anonymousreply 51July 9, 2024 6:04 PM

Because she always comes off as if an hour before she consumed way too many edibles

by Anonymousreply 52July 9, 2024 6:10 PM

[quote] And before the week is over it will become the new doxa of the Republican party and all the talking points and innuendo around the "Biden crime family" will instantly become a thing of the past, an old useless trope.

I think the DOJ under a Trump AG will investigate the “Biden crime family”, as you put it. Specifically, using an independent counsel.

by Anonymousreply 53July 9, 2024 6:10 PM

[quote] Because she always comes off as if an hour before she consumed way too many edibles

That may be the best way I’ve seen to describe her succinctly.

by Anonymousreply 54July 9, 2024 6:12 PM

I think more than anything people hate the inauthenticity. - the fake hyena laugh, explaining concepts to us as if we are a bunch of five year olds, putting on a bad French accent, etc. The border is still open so naturally folks are going to say she’s gotten nothing done. The perception of her nothing getting anything done combined with the charmless, inauthentic persona is why people hate her with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 55July 9, 2024 6:15 PM

^ Stop upvoting yourself

by Anonymousreply 56July 9, 2024 6:17 PM

She definitely got some media training at the beginning of the year. There haven’t been that many word salads and hyena laughs this year compared to the previous three years.

by Anonymousreply 57July 9, 2024 6:21 PM

Not sure what was going on behind the scenes, but being put in charge of immigration is like being put in charge of the weather - and what exactly are you supposed to do when the repigs undermine immigration reform because they know it's a winner for them & people like Gov Hatewheels are dumping gasoline on the fire. So I don't fault her for turning that around - anyone would fail on that one - but she just blends into the background even when surrounded by other boring policy wonk types.

by Anonymousreply 58July 9, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote]Some people are natural leaders like Stacey Abrams, and some people are not.

And some people have a track record of winning elections, and some people do not.

by Anonymousreply 59July 9, 2024 6:28 PM

The idea that she’s a DEI hire is asinine She was San Francisco DA, California Attorney General and US Senator. .

by Anonymousreply 60July 9, 2024 6:40 PM

I think it is unfair to compare her to Hillary. Loved or despised, people's feelings for Hillary were passionate. People's feelings for Kamala are weak. Even those who criticize her don't do it with much feeling.

by Anonymousreply 61July 9, 2024 6:42 PM

^ The people who make that accusation are high school drop-outs. They should be asking if you want fries with that

by Anonymousreply 62July 9, 2024 6:43 PM

As a President who initially promised to be a bridge to the next generation but actually intended to hold on to power until he will be 86, Biden was no doubt especially wary of promoting his much younger VP. The fact that she was not initially given much to do should not be held against her. It should be held against Biden and his people. Once it became clear that he was not going to step aside, they gave her more to do and she seems to have handled herself well.

by Anonymousreply 63July 9, 2024 6:46 PM

R51, I would cry tears of joy if Michelle Obama was nominated. She may have never held an elected office, but you just know she could get shit done. It also would not hurt that it would give MAGATs coronaries.

by Anonymousreply 64July 9, 2024 6:46 PM

^ What makes Michele Obama more qualified for an office she has absolutely no interest in over Kamala who is a politician with actual experience who is interested in the job

by Anonymousreply 65July 9, 2024 6:55 PM

Jesus if they give it to Obama's wife we should just have a hereditary monarchy and stopped pretending. Same if HRC had won.

by Anonymousreply 66July 9, 2024 6:59 PM

VP's are not the most visible in general and she's not particularly self-aware when it comes to her occasional public persona.

by Anonymousreply 67July 9, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote] What makes Michele Obama more qualified for an office she has absolutely no interest in

Cause then she would he Mrs God of All Things?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 9, 2024 7:05 PM

R66, like the Roosevelts and Bushes?

by Anonymousreply 69July 9, 2024 7:06 PM

And the Harrisons and the Adamses

by Anonymousreply 70July 9, 2024 7:15 PM

[quote]I would cry tears of joy if Michelle Obama was nominated.

I would puke. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2024 7:19 PM

The criticism that she didn’t “do anything” about the border is ridiculous. She’s not in charge of CBP, and she can’t change any immigration laws.

Trump also put Jared Kushner in charge of “Mid-East peace.” Where’s the Democratic criticism of that failure?

by Anonymousreply 72July 9, 2024 7:22 PM

Actually, Jared got the UAE and Bahrain to establish diplomatic relations with Israel Morocco and Sudan followed. Saudi Arabia was about to follow suit, but Hamas paused that.

by Anonymousreply 73July 9, 2024 7:26 PM

r72 Derailing Jared's Saudi deal was thought to be the trigger for the Hamas attack. And people like you celebrated the diplomatic setback. Because Trump.

by Anonymousreply 74July 9, 2024 7:37 PM

Without ever facing a seriously contested general election (against a Republican), R60.

Announcing "It WILL be a black woman!" sounds DEI to me.

by Anonymousreply 75July 9, 2024 7:53 PM

@r73 "Actually, Jared got"... $2 billion fucking dollars for secrets that daddy Trump gave him to sell to the Saudis

by Anonymousreply 76July 9, 2024 8:18 PM

Jared was hired to manage $2 billion of Saudi money. He’ll be well-paid for investing it, but he didn’t “get” $2 billion the way most people would understand that. The money still belongs to the Saudis

by Anonymousreply 77July 9, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote]I don't seem to recall this level of scrutiny applied to Mike Pence or any other Vice-President in history.

R46, you're *mostly* correct, with the exception of the Dukakis VP pick, Geraldine Ferraro.

She got slammed for being a woman, for not looking sufficiently "feminine," for her father's putative ties to the Mafia, and on and on.

Those types will ALWAYS find a "rational" excuse to validate their prejudices.

by Anonymousreply 78July 9, 2024 8:42 PM

Mike Pence wasn't scrutinized because he was immediately acknowledged to be a personality devoid dunce, even by his own party, i.e., no one ever made any overarching claims as to his fitness for his office except that he had a pulse.

by Anonymousreply 79July 9, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote] you're *mostly* correct, with the exception of the Dukakis VP pick, Geraldine Ferraro.

It was a time before the internet and so not as easy to investigate before the announcement, but still Mondale just wanted to pick a woman, any woman, to shake up the race and so his people didn’t properly vet her. She was a problematic candidate.

by Anonymousreply 80July 9, 2024 9:40 PM

[quote] Mike Pence wasn't scrutinized

Mike Pence was scrutinized in 2016. It would be absurd to state otherwise. Everything that was negative from his past was aired. Unfortunately, he really is one of those real choir boy types who don’t have any skeletons in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 81July 9, 2024 9:44 PM

I’ll add that events that occurred while he was governor were more publicized after he was selected, like the HIV outbreak and the RFRA debacle.

by Anonymousreply 82July 9, 2024 9:47 PM

R81: Oh he has something in the closet all right.

by Anonymousreply 83July 9, 2024 9:49 PM

R80: McCain made the same mistake. Picking a female running mate was the only way for him to shake up the race or have even a remote chance of beating Obama. While the pick did have a brief, positive impact, it ultimately backfired when everybody realized she didn’t know a fucking thing.

by Anonymousreply 84July 9, 2024 9:51 PM

@r77, He has 100% control of that money and can do what he wants with it, not to mention the $70 million the Saudis pay him to "manage" the fund. Stopping simping for billionaires you fucking troll

by Anonymousreply 85July 9, 2024 9:54 PM

The truth is bad enough. We don’t need to spread lies. That’s MAGA’s thing. If that makes me a troll, point me to the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 86July 9, 2024 10:12 PM

R37 you must be blind. She is ugly and old with horrible looking neck and jaw. She is not nice either

by Anonymousreply 87July 9, 2024 10:15 PM

I assure you, btw, that he CANNOT “do what he wants” with Saudi Arabia’s $2 billion.

by Anonymousreply 88July 9, 2024 10:16 PM

^ His father did and went to jail for several years. Bernie Madoff did too. If you're going to simp for crooked billionaires at least get your facts right you ass

by Anonymousreply 89July 9, 2024 10:33 PM

Not VP material. Not Presidential material. Case closed

by Anonymousreply 90July 9, 2024 10:47 PM

Your “argument” is irrational, r89.

by Anonymousreply 91July 9, 2024 10:49 PM

^ And your intelligence is non-existent. Do you really think that little weasel Kushner is above embezzling funds from the Saudis? I truly hope he is so that he ends up in pieces like Jamal Khashoggi who he sold out to the Saudis

Be a better troll

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2024 10:58 PM

Oh, puleeze! You SF folks tell me if I'm wrong, but I heard a long time ago that she was one of the women who slept with Willie Brown to climb the ladder in San Francisco, and subsequently in CA. I thought that was common knowledge. I think I even read about it here on DL.

Elder SF DLers, do you remember that?

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2024 10:58 PM

I'm throwing this out: she's qualified to do the job though her political skills aren't as strong as they should be. She could probably beat Trump, getting back enough "Biden is too old/senile" voters. By 2027, either she'd be the success some assert (ahem), or weak enough she won't run and lose.

Just a thought ...

by Anonymousreply 94July 9, 2024 11:02 PM

@r93, Eldergay here, yes I remember right-wing trolls trying to push that bullshit narrative. What's your point, troll?

by Anonymousreply 95July 9, 2024 11:09 PM

R95? You don't believe it?

I didn't live there, so I don't know -- but I heard this many years ago long before the right-wing trolls invaded DL.

by Anonymousreply 96July 9, 2024 11:28 PM

^ Even if it were true, "Woman sleeps with a guy to help her career... Film at 11:00"

Big fucking deal

Melania, tell this joker what you went through just to be... whatever it is you are

by Anonymousreply 97July 9, 2024 11:32 PM

Right wing trolls = not toe-ing the left wing "progressive" line. Dunce caps for all c. 1966!

by Anonymousreply 98July 10, 2024 12:12 AM

Donald Trump is a rapist and nary a peep from you trolls. But a lady having a relationship? WHAT A SLUT!

by Anonymousreply 99July 10, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote]Not VP material.

She IS the VP and has been for 3.5 years. So yes, she is VP material.

by Anonymousreply 100July 10, 2024 12:40 AM

[quote]Donald Trump is a rapist and nary a peep from you trolls. But a lady having a relationship? WHAT A SLUT!

Trump fucked a porn star while his wife was giving birth. But the “family values” Evangelicals can’t get enough.

by Anonymousreply 101July 10, 2024 12:41 AM

I was that little girl, Joe, but I’ll work under ya.

by Anonymousreply 102July 10, 2024 12:56 AM

She’s a terrible communicator. I could understand if this was an off the cuff remark, but this is the best she can do with prepared statements?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 10, 2024 12:57 AM

She needs to stop with the weed or edibles or whatever she’s taking before public appearances.

by Anonymousreply 104July 10, 2024 1:02 AM

She’s on the mushroom edibles that got banned.

by Anonymousreply 105July 10, 2024 1:15 AM

Social media post a lot of really inappropriate and disparaging sexual-innuendo memes regarding her that are not only unbelievable in this day and age, but also representative of how many idiots there are out there still in our American population and consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 106July 10, 2024 2:45 AM

She’s a stupid idiot.

by Anonymousreply 107July 10, 2024 2:47 AM

^ And you're a cunt

by Anonymousreply 108July 10, 2024 2:49 AM

Pay no attention to the "post" at R103. It's from the far-right Rupert Murdoch owned NY Post. The same ones who kept pushing the "Hilary is Dying" stories.

And this is part of the reason no one realizes what an amazing job Kamala is doing.

by Anonymousreply 109July 10, 2024 5:20 AM

[quote]And this is part of the reason no one realizes what an amazing job Kamala is doing.

She's so awful.

What a cringe worthy embarrassment :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110July 10, 2024 5:32 AM

R48 I'm not even sure what that means. I am "a Black" (got that from a radio bit by Howard Stern making fun of MAGAs) and I'm not a troll. I do appreciate the responses. I've asked about Kamala when replying to negative posts about her on a few sites but nobody ever responds. Lots of opinions but no clarifications. So, I could only assume it was because of her race/gender.

But I figured DL would give me unbiased, well-thought-out responses.

by Anonymousreply 111July 10, 2024 11:45 AM

r110, we get you hater her style, I hate Miss Linsdeybelle.

But VP Harris is an accomplished public servant.

by Anonymousreply 112July 10, 2024 12:24 PM

I don't know that it's a lot of hate. The right wing media is vicious to literally every liberal and democrat. They don't really go after her the way they went after the Obamas, AOC, Hillary, or even Biden. She is unlikeable and I find her demeanor to be condescending and irritating. Warren is a strong and tough woman but doesn't come off like that. Kamala just seems so phony all the time. When she tries to get herself some black cred she acts like a cringe white soccer mom. She just sucks. She was chosen as the DNC's message to the rest of the field - we will NOT bend to the left even a little, we don't care how popular it is with the base. Even Warren is too far for us. etc.

by Anonymousreply 113July 10, 2024 12:28 PM

She is not unlikable to millions of people. She is a strong, SMART woman. Get out of your hater mind.

by Anonymousreply 114July 10, 2024 12:31 PM

You want to hate someone direct it to the deserving

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 10, 2024 12:40 PM

R114 She has a very low favorability rating in all polls.

People don't like her.

But then again, how can anyone take her seriously. Watch this, is she nuts or what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 10, 2024 12:44 PM

I think she's the lowest-polled VP ever. I swore I heard that from a guest commentator on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 117July 10, 2024 12:54 PM

^ Well, then it must be true 😂

by Anonymousreply 118July 10, 2024 1:02 PM

Biden's West Wing doesn't really like her, make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 119July 10, 2024 1:14 PM

Kamala us third-rate at best. Of all the capable black women in the US, Biden picked a lemon.

by Anonymousreply 120July 10, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote]I figured DL would give me unbiased, well-thought-out responses.

Oh, my, R111!

Are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 121July 10, 2024 1:19 PM

[quote]I think she's the lowest-polled VP ever. I swore I heard that from a guest commentator on CNN.

Can’t be worse than Dan “I can’t spell potato” Quayle. Or Dick “I shot a man in the face and then made him go on TV for getting in the bullet’s way” Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 122July 10, 2024 1:31 PM

I really do think she's hated for being a black woman.

She was a good prosecutor, for sure, and seemed to be a good Senator. I don't know that she was the most qualified one to be VP but she certainly wasn't the least qualified or experienced in the pack, either.

I think two things may be the case:

(1) I think like Obama she comes across as "too smart" for most of Middle America - sadly, and that's a negative against Middle America. But Obama wasn't always great at playing to the middle, which may have exacerbated tensions that we have now.

(2) Her nervous laugh thing really made her look foolish or bad a few times.

But racism and sexism rears its ugly head. It can't be that she worked her way to the top, no, she fucked someone to get there. Said by a lot of MAGA types or dullards who think a woman can only get ahead if she's fucking someone. Never mind that Bill Clinton fucked everything that moved, but somehow women in politics must be both pleasant and attractive and yet apparently never have sex or have the suggestion that they might have had sex or a relationship at one point......

by Anonymousreply 123July 10, 2024 1:38 PM

Sure, blame it on ra ism and sexism and not plain incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 124July 10, 2024 3:10 PM

@r119, "Biden's West Wing doesn't really like her, make of that what you will. "

You should hear what they say about YOU 😬

by Anonymousreply 125July 10, 2024 3:21 PM

If she was such a great prosecutor, how come she couldn’t tell that Jussie Smollett was lying??

by Anonymousreply 126July 10, 2024 4:36 PM

^ If you're so smart how come you're still a stupid piece of shit?

by Anonymousreply 127July 10, 2024 4:38 PM

[quote]I really do think she's hated for being a black woman.

"Michelle Obama only Democrat to beat Trump in new poll"

So much for your theory.

We're tired of race baiters like you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 10, 2024 4:41 PM

[quote]She was a good prosecutor, for sure

Not according to incarcerated black men in California who were kept inside longer than their sentences because they provided free labor.

by Anonymousreply 129July 10, 2024 4:44 PM

Biden made a big splash announcing her as the country’s ‘Border Czar.’

Granted, the challenge is immense, but she didn’t even visit the ACTUAL border when she visited a border city early on.

And the situation is only getting worse at the border. And, yeah, the White House will trumpet migrant encounters dropping over the next few months, but they always drop in the summer — because it’s too hot, even for migrants.

She just seems ineffective, and no one believes she’s secretly “pulling the strings” like Dick Cheney, so… whatever.

by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2024 4:47 PM

And nobody address her visits to Central America to stem their problem at the source? Nobody cared about immigration, only the BOARDER, THE BORDER, THE BORDER like it was ANDELE! a cheap Frito's ad.

by Anonymousreply 131July 10, 2024 4:51 PM

@r130, Hey, asshole, illegal border crossings are down 30% over last year. So much for your Fox talking points, shithead

by Anonymousreply 132July 10, 2024 4:57 PM

HEre's what I know. Jill Biden and Hunter and the fam, were really pissed off at Kamala when she blind-sided Joe on the debate stage with the whole bussing thing. So when he was considering her for VP they campaigned against her, told him she wasn't loyal, etc. But Joe ignored them and went with her anyway for Clyburn's sake. But Jill and the family weren't pacified. It took time for them to warm up to Kamala, and some never did. Jill "tries". When Obama was POTUS, Jill got along great with Michelle, but then neither of them were policy makers etc. they were wives first, and mothers. BUt Kamala is the Vice PResident. She is "in the room" when Jill is not allowed "in the room." Jill can't call and ask her what she's wearing to the state dinner.It's a status thing as much as anything else, but if you want to know the origins of the negative Kamala talk inside the WH it starts with the family. Some of them have warmed towards her but most enjoy their own status as t he President's niece, daughter son, brother sister, etc. I think Joe's sister gets along well with Kamala. Families are a pain in the ass and the Bidens have always always been wannabe Kennedys, just without the money.

by Anonymousreply 133July 10, 2024 5:05 PM

[quote]Hey, asshole, illegal border crossings are down 30% over last year. So much for your Fox talking points, shithead

Don't you just love the way propagandists like R132 reason?

Some facts:

"Illegal border crossings soared in the months after Biden took office and immediately rolled back many Trump-era restrictions. "

"During the president’s first days in office, his administration announced it would not use the Title 42 policy to turn back unaccompanied minors who arrive without a parent or guardian. Their numbers began to shoot up almost immediately, and images of migrant children and teens packed shoulder-to-shoulder in detention facilities produced the administration’s first border emergency. Soon after, Biden assigned Vice President Harris to lead a new effort to address the “root causes” of Central American emigration."

"Teens and children crossing without their parents continue to arrive at near-record numbers. Families and single adults have been arriving in historic numbers as well."

"Trump implemented the Title 42 policy at the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic in March 2020 to rapidly expel border crossers without giving them a chance to seek U.S. protection. The Trump administration expelled the vast majority who entered the United States and border crossings remained relatively low."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 10, 2024 5:13 PM

You can debate border crossing numbers, but you cannot debate that Trump killed the Bipartisan Border Security Bill that would have given Democrats ANOTHER win. Democrats GOVERN. Republicans grab power...for WHITE SUPREMACISTS.

Trump is running against 1/6 and Dobbs. THAT is why they are muddying the waters with Biden's age.

by Anonymousreply 135July 10, 2024 5:18 PM

And add the horror of Trump Project 2025 and Republicans know they are flaming out.

by Anonymousreply 136July 10, 2024 5:19 PM

There are plenty of great women of color in politics, but Kamala isn't one of them.

I really wanted Susan Rice for VP. She has the gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 137July 10, 2024 5:26 PM

@r134, Hey, jerkface you forgot the good part...

"Trump’s opposition to senators’ recently failed $118 billion bipartisan border bill, tying border reforms to Ukraine aid, influenced many Republican legislators to reject it. It also dealt a potentially fatal blow to the possibility of new laws and tools that could reduce illegal crossings and ease strains on cities with overwhelmed shelters."

That's right, Republicans killed their own bill that would have solved a lot of issues

Republicans keep shooting themselves in the foot, I just wish they'd aim a little higher

by Anonymousreply 138July 10, 2024 5:31 PM

R137: I wanted Donna Edwards

by Anonymousreply 139July 10, 2024 5:32 PM

@r137, Go beat-off to Rice somewhere else. We're all sick of your kink 🤮

by Anonymousreply 140July 10, 2024 5:33 PM

[quote]You can debate border crossing numbers, but you cannot debate that Trump killed the Bipartisan Border Security Bill that would have given Democrats ANOTHER win.

The Dems killed the H.R. 2, Secure the Border Act of 2023.

The Dems killed the Laken Riley Act of which BTW, 37 Dems voted in favor of.

Biden killed Title 42. Which started this whole mess.

by Anonymousreply 141July 10, 2024 5:34 PM

[quote]I really wanted Susan Rice for VP. She has the gravitas.

She is a great person to appoint and a great mind, but not a political fighter.

Too mild. This was Obama's greatest flaw.

by Anonymousreply 142July 10, 2024 5:36 PM

[quote]You can debate border crossing numbers

No you can't.

Washington Post: ""Illegal border crossings soared in the months after Biden took office and immediately rolled back many Trump-era restrictions. "

Soared.

by Anonymousreply 143July 10, 2024 5:36 PM

Republicans rape 13 year old kids and think it's cool

Republicans are all going to burn in hell

by Anonymousreply 144July 10, 2024 5:41 PM

R144 Snopes:

Claim: "A diary authored by U.S. President Joe Biden's daughter, Ashley Biden, describes showers taken with her father when she was a child as "probably not appropriate."

Rating: True

by Anonymousreply 145July 10, 2024 5:45 PM

^ I'm so glad you brought up daddies and daughters...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2024 5:53 PM

R140? I believe you're thinking of Condoleezza Rice.

Put down the pipe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2024 6:00 PM

Very interesting court documents of 13 year old Katie Johnson describing Trump raping her...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2024 6:19 PM

[quote]Jill Biden and Hunter and the fam, were really pissed off at Kamala when she blind-sided Joe on the debate stage with the whole bussing thing. So when he was considering her for VP they campaigned against her, told him she wasn't loyal, etc.

Dr. Jill and Hunter Biden both seem stupid.

by Anonymousreply 149July 10, 2024 7:34 PM

Someone needs to remind Dr. Jill that nobody elected her ass to anything.

by Anonymousreply 150July 10, 2024 7:36 PM

^ Why don't you do it, dear. I'm sure she can't wait to have the trailer-trash perspective

by Anonymousreply 151July 10, 2024 7:41 PM

[quote]There are plenty of great women of color in politics, but Kamala isn't one of them. I really wanted Susan Rice for VP. She has the gravitas.

Susan Rice had the stank of Benghazi and going on TV to cover for Hillary all over her.

That’s why Biden appointed her to some low-level domestic position to keep her out of sight, instead of Secretary of State or National Security Adviser which she was more qualified for.

by Anonymousreply 152July 10, 2024 7:41 PM

[quote] We're tired of race baiters like you.

Then get away from the mirror, you fat racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 153July 10, 2024 7:43 PM

[quote] [R80]: McCain made the same mistake. Picking a female running mate was the only way for him to shake up the race or have even a remote chance of beating Obama. While the pick did have a brief, positive impact, it ultimately backfired when everybody realized she didn’t know a fucking thing.

It's funny how much Palin overshadowed McCain during that election. I don't know if it was the same everywhere, but here in the UK it felt as though the media virtually ignored him to marvel over how ridiculous she was.

by Anonymousreply 154July 10, 2024 8:57 PM

Yeah, sure, Joe is the problem 🙄

Do any of you assholes even have a smidgen of self-awareness?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 10, 2024 9:03 PM

[quote]It's funny how much Palin overshadowed McCain during that election.

She didn’t have to try very hard. His nomination was a case of “It’s my turn.” He actually chose her because everyone knew he had no hope without someone with personality. And she’s the reason he got as many votes as he did. He really wanted to choose a Democrat as his VP running mate.

He didn’t even try very hard. I think he conceded at about 10:00 pm on Election night. Then promptly got nasty and blamed Sarah Palin for his shit campaign. And until he died, he was nasty towards the Republicans. After his shitty campaign, I don’t understand why he didn’t convert to Independent.

by Anonymousreply 156July 10, 2024 9:22 PM

Remember Jill Biden only has a doctorate of education. You can easily get that degree at University of Phoenix.

by Anonymousreply 157July 11, 2024 6:59 AM

[quote] Remember Jill Biden only has a doctorate of education.

I recently heard someone put her in the same category as Dr. Zhivago, Dr. Doolittle, and Dr. Pepper.

by Anonymousreply 158July 11, 2024 7:09 AM

^ Your old Alma Mater 😂

by Anonymousreply 159July 11, 2024 7:52 AM

It is infinitely better than someone who has a doctorate in Theology.

The ultimate in crap degrees.

by Anonymousreply 160July 11, 2024 10:46 AM

Her name sounds like Kalamata

by Anonymousreply 161July 11, 2024 1:53 PM

PIF the Saudi sovereign wealth fund, has of course very professional managers who all vetoed the suggested allocation to Mr. Kushner but then Crown Prince made it happen anyway.

Don't forget the Qataris failed to buy Kushner's 666 building and then the Saudis blockaded Qataris and lo and behold, Kusner got 1 billion bailout from the Qataris.

by Anonymousreply 162July 12, 2024 4:17 AM

“I guess you would know that I’m a whore, since you married one.”

by Anonymousreply 163July 12, 2024 5:34 AM

Nice try, R159. More like NYU Law. And yours? High school?

by Anonymousreply 164July 12, 2024 6:56 AM

^ Good morning, liar, same time every day 😂

by Anonymousreply 165July 12, 2024 7:06 AM

r161, Kalamata sounds like British, Marmolada.

by Anonymousreply 166July 12, 2024 10:38 AM

She was much more effective as a senator. She put on her prosecutor hat and grilled Sessions, Barr, Kavanaugh, etc. She was so confident and articulate. Where the hell did that Kamala go?

by Anonymousreply 167July 13, 2024 5:14 AM

In all fairness, they really didn’t give her much to do and at times even ostracized her during the first two years. The Dobbs decision was a gift to her. She finally found her voice talking about reproductive care and abortion rights.

by Anonymousreply 168July 13, 2024 5:17 AM

[quote]She was so confident and articulate. Where the hell did that Kamala go?

It’s the edibles.

by Anonymousreply 169July 13, 2024 5:22 AM

r167, you are early, that is Kamala running for 2028, which happens 1/22/2025.

She is Kamala, the VP supporting the President, who made that possible.

by Anonymousreply 170July 13, 2024 12:19 PM

r167, and Republicans know that at this moment they can weaponize Kamala and if Biden bows out, they can get to work destroying HER.

If Republicans are so powerful as to kill Joe, then Joe needs TO RESIGN AT THE CONVENTION. Kamala runs as an INCUMBENT, Pete (?) for VP and Republican White Supremacists are FUCKED, FUCKED, FUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 171July 13, 2024 12:23 PM

The Law of Unintended Consequences.

by Anonymousreply 172July 13, 2024 12:24 PM

Pete will never be VP.

by Anonymousreply 173July 13, 2024 12:36 PM

[quote]If Republicans are so powerful as to kill Joe

The Republicans have nothing to do with it.

The Democrats need to face up to the fact that they majorly screwed up. Biden was already old when they ran him the first time. Failing health was always going to be a reality. They should have had a younger candidate to run against Trump the first time.

by Anonymousreply 174July 13, 2024 12:42 PM

Agree, R10.

Kamala Harris is an intelligent woman. If Biden were to die in office, the country would be in capable hands. She was a good prosecutor and a capable senator.

The supposed failure of the Biden Administration to deal with the "border crisis" has become focused upon her. Let's be truthful, the intransigence of the GOP to work with the Democrats to solve this "crisis" is the failure. The GOP sees it as a useful issue to rile their base. Pointing to Harris as the reason is a dog whistle -- she's not white and she's a woman.

And I'm disgusted by the demonization and dehumanization of people who seeking to come here for a better life and are fleeing lives wrecked by drug and gang violence, climate disaster, economic collapse, and lack of opportunity. And it is because they are not white.

by Anonymousreply 175July 13, 2024 12:48 PM

r173, Law of Unintended Consequences.

You know Republicans do not want a pious Democratic Faggot and Sodomite throwing Trump's corrupt sadistic, evil narcissistic, sociopathic PUSSY GRABBING and SERIAL RAPE in his face.

OH, BAY BEE!

by Anonymousreply 176July 13, 2024 12:57 PM

You mean Vice-President Trump? She's fully qualified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 13, 2024 1:01 PM

No, Nancy Pelosi, who won so many Republican Primary votes.

by Anonymousreply 178July 13, 2024 1:06 PM

Harris is much like Clinton: capable of doing a decent job as President after inauguration, but the political skills to get there ... not so much.

by Anonymousreply 179July 13, 2024 1:14 PM

For those assuming racism, In 2020 Kamala did not have enough support from all Americans to stay in the primary race.

by Anonymousreply 180July 13, 2024 1:17 PM

If you pay attention to the political cycles, the VP usually turns into an attack dog ONLY AFTER THE CONVENTION/NOMINATION. Be patient no matter how much Republicans wantto fuck up the Dem's process.

Why is nobody asking Trump why, at this late date, he has no VP. Is he saving it for the rose presentation?

Is he asking them if they will sacrifice their lives for him? Must they testify* on Trump's micro-peen, to not be a Mike Pence?

* see testify link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 13, 2024 1:25 PM

These two psychologists had a stuttering expert on who argues that Biden is showing increased stuttering and lack of control. And that stuttering is NOT associated with cognitive defects. Although there is the real point that it is his AGE that is causing Biden to have far less control over his stuttering and it really doesn't not instill confidence.

by Anonymousreply 182July 13, 2024 1:50 PM

forgot the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 13, 2024 1:56 PM

r182, I agree, and that is why the use of a teleprompter is no big deal. Those are Biden's words. That is Biden reading his words. Knowing his words in advance is a way a stutterer relaxes his muscles to give a fluid message. In high school Forensics, it was a difference between speeches: Interp and extemp.

Either way, the words are Biden's.

Has Biden ever said he got love letters from Kim? Has Biden ever said that his yacht guy complained that EV batteries would sink a yacht, without thinking that container ships carry 200 tons of cargo? Biden never said he had a genius uncle at Stanford who, obviously, never heard of Archimedes. Biden never wanted to kill his VP. No, all the written words that Biden says are HIS.

by Anonymousreply 184July 13, 2024 2:03 PM

Nothing to do with race- Horsey visage, droning voice, and laughing at wildly inappropriate times.

In any other profession this would be acceptable (looking at you, SJP)

by Anonymousreply 185July 13, 2024 2:15 PM

[quote]and laughing at wildly inappropriate times.

I'd take that over Pence's anti-gay smirk.

by Anonymousreply 186July 13, 2024 2:50 PM

[quote]and laughing at wildly inappropriate times.

I love her!

by Anonymousreply 187July 13, 2024 4:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!