Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN is the problem

Majority of us have moved on from the debate night. Medias like CNN keep beating the dead horse every single fucking day. Fear mongering, systematically go after Biden. Fuck CNN. Fuck new york times.

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2024 6:49 PM

So funny. I don't watch cable news. Ever.

But I was visiting a friend this afternoon and she had CNN on. All they were talking about was Biden's debate performance. Parkinson's. Who should replace him. It was bizarre.

i asked my friend, "Still? It's been almost two weeks. This is Fox News level scare tactics."

She just kind of shrugged.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 8:02 AM

NYT is like the ex that Joe dumped, obsessed and can't move on from him. He won't give her any attention so she's decided to RUIN HIM. She's willing to ruin herself as she does it, showing everyone why he wanted nothing to do with her in the first place.

CNN, on the other hand, is the ignored loser who has decided it's going to get attention by negging Joe into noticing them, making him look so bad to the wealthy donors that he'll have to drop out, and being known henceforth as "The One Who Took Down a President". Then, they think they'll get ALL the attention! This is the network that's barely keeping the lights on for a reason and it's not because it's chock full of genius.

They can both go fuck themselves. They are selfishly engaging in UnAmerican bullshit. I hope both entities close down (sorry Worldle fans).

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 10:41 AM

The daily average viewership for CNN from April 15 to May 16, 2024 was 563,000 viewers.

In a country of 333 million people, CNN ain't the problem.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 10:51 AM

Cable "news," no matter the ideological slant, is the devil.

Best solution: cancel cable.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 10:58 AM

“Medias” , Oh my!

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 11:06 AM

Anymore I don’t think it’s who’s sitting in front of the set that matters, but the headlines of stories in people’s news feeds, whether they’re from the NYT, CNN, or other mainstream media. They don’t read the stories. Lots have a basic understanding that Fox News is slanted propaganda, but the others are seen as responsible and truthful.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 11:32 AM

8 front page stories, most missing context, facts or integrity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 11:34 AM

CNN was boosting Project 2024 as "forward thinking" yesterday.

"Forward thinking".

They are either fools or complicit fools.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 11:40 AM

If they referred to "Project 2024," they're really bad reporters, too.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 11:44 AM

It's the NYT I can't figure out. It's almost as if they've decided Trump is going to win and they're trying to curry his favor.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 11:48 AM

They haven't figured out jack shit. They are super rich people who want their tax breaks and to hell with everything and everyone else. So they're trying to sabotage anything that keeps them from from their sweet, sweet tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 11:52 AM

Poor little simp OP. No one to give him his marching orders or tell him what to think! Consigned to getting all his news filtered by accounts like BrooklynDadDefiant! or MuellerSheWrote on Twitter, who are the only people ethically dishonest enough to tell him to his face that the world is flat.

OP have you tried clapping your hands and repeating "I believe in Mighty Joe Biden!"

Do you believe?

Oh please, please, believe!

If you believe, wherever you are, clap your hands and he'll hear you!

Clap, clap! Don't let Mighty Joe lose in disgrace! Clap, clap!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote] It's almost as if they've decided Trump is going to win and they're trying to curry his favor.

It is the Bidens who have decided Trump is going to win. They need pardons too.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 12:03 PM

Biden is losing.

To Trump.

He is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 12:09 PM

It certainly doesn’t seem like you've moved on.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 12:29 PM

CNN reporting is counter to the actual statements made by these Senators...who all know full well how to play the game but cannot fight back because of the precariousness of their own re-election campaigns.

This moment is entirely unprecedented.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 10:36 PM

ReTHUGligan accounts celebrating this slam dunk...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 10:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 5:49 PM

You think pannatonne should be better, but it's not supposed to be what YOU think it is, it's pannatonne

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2024 6:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 11, 2024 1:15 AM

It’s almost like they want Trump to win, so they have content and viewers.

by Anonymousreply 21July 11, 2024 1:23 AM

Where do you inform yourself, OP? Would love to jump to a good news source other than CNN. Personally, I'd say PBPS NewsHour is all you need plus an online source.

by Anonymousreply 22July 11, 2024 1:25 AM

Joe is the problem because he can’t let go. The news is just reporting on the soap opera that he has created.

by Anonymousreply 23July 11, 2024 1:29 AM

R10- The nepo publisher of The NY Times hates Biden for some reason. He is also obsessed with combatting the supposed liberal image of the paper. He’s not very good at the job, but he’s the son of the son of the son …of the founder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 11, 2024 1:54 AM

No, because my friends on Facebook were live reacting to Joe’s performance before the networks started covering it.

by Anonymousreply 25July 11, 2024 1:56 AM

So he had it easy and hates liberals? Got it!

by Anonymousreply 26July 11, 2024 1:56 AM

From r20:

Why is New York Times campaign coverage so bad? Because that’s what the publisher wants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 11, 2024 2:01 AM

So.....King, Clooney, NYTs, now CNN. Who else are we going to start hating to save a doddering old fool?

by Anonymousreply 28July 11, 2024 2:08 AM

r28, did you read r27?

by Anonymousreply 29July 11, 2024 2:22 AM

Well what do you want the NYTS to do? Write about a stunning debate performance by Biden? His healthy appearance. His grasp of the issues? How he can complete a sentence? In other words you don't like them unless they are lying for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 30July 11, 2024 2:24 AM

Ah, r30, so you didn't.

by Anonymousreply 31July 11, 2024 2:26 AM

CNN is not the problem. CNN don't create polls that show MN and NH now sliding into swing state category. I don't watch CNN. That's all I'll say ... in these online arguments that sound more and more like MAGA and their conspiratorial anger about "the lame stream media."

by Anonymousreply 32July 11, 2024 2:29 AM

Restore the Fairness Doctrine.

Goddamned Reagan really ruined this country.

by Anonymousreply 33July 12, 2024 1:36 AM

Oh my it’s not just the debate.

by Anonymousreply 34July 12, 2024 1:43 AM

Fuck you OP.

by Anonymousreply 35July 12, 2024 1:44 AM

[quote]Oh my it’s not just the debate.

That’s what I said to my wife, Mercedes!

by Anonymousreply 36July 12, 2024 1:46 AM

Yall are being disingenuous.Or simply lying. I visit The NY Times everyday and there are plenty of Trump bashing articles as there have been for the last 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 37July 12, 2024 1:46 AM

Hi boo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 12, 2024 1:49 AM

The CNN moderators were the worst ever.

by Anonymousreply 39July 12, 2024 1:54 AM

R39 They didn’t moderate.

by Anonymousreply 40July 12, 2024 1:55 AM

Plot twist: Joe Biden introduces Vice President Trump to Ukrainian President Putin.

by Anonymousreply 41July 12, 2024 2:24 AM

The Eldergay here is addicted to the news channels, I told him to stop watching and he did for a while, now he's back to it and it causess problems.

by Anonymousreply 42July 12, 2024 3:03 AM

Comments like that at R18 are vapid and easily debunked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 12, 2024 4:31 AM

Poll includes both candidates but only one photo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 12, 2024 5:27 PM

OP is upset because a cable news network won’t force feed him bullshit like MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 45July 12, 2024 5:50 PM

R44, it does not. That person is lying. Stop falling for bs narratives you find online.

by Anonymousreply 46July 12, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote] Restore the Fairness Doctrine. Goddamned Reagan really ruined this country.

The fairness doctrine has NO effect on cable news, retard. It was only network television. Cable news is a private industry.

by Anonymousreply 47July 12, 2024 5:52 PM

Biden is demented on stage before the entire world for everyone to see but CNN is the problem. I swear, Democrats are as brainwashed as Republicans. It’s fucking frightening.

by Anonymousreply 48July 12, 2024 5:53 PM

R45 is upset because Sean Hannity isn't returning her phone calls requesting a blow and rim job.

by Anonymousreply 49July 12, 2024 5:54 PM

CNN and Huffington Post are beating this to death. I will not watch CNN and I removed the Huffington Post app on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 50July 12, 2024 5:54 PM

Omg so many—I don’t know if it’s low iq. I don’t think it’s low iq because they are able to properly engage the issues. They just aren’t intelligent. They know a lot of facts but aren’t intelligent.

People have been asking Trump to step down. However democrats pleading and begging for Trump to step down is a lost cause. He is who the GOP wants. He is their candidate. He is polling VERY high with the constituents. Both candidates aren’t favored by the American people but Biden even has a base problem and cannot remember facts or names or the even his own VP. On the other hand and I’m trying to articulate this in my best possible Sesame Street way—the Dems can affect the Democratic nominee. DOES IT MAKE SENSE NOW. ABC 123. Bats and apples and cookies.

by Anonymousreply 51July 12, 2024 5:59 PM

[quote] CNN is the problem

Johnny is the problem. He keeps telling us Dad is drunk. Johnny is the problem because Dad is not drunk. Dad is fine. It's Johnny who is the problem.

by Anonymousreply 52July 12, 2024 6:02 PM

All I know is when Biden has a huge gaffe out there in these next 4 months on the scale of Dukakis in that tank, Al gore in 2000, or whoever opposed Reagan when he told them “such and such was a friend mine, you are no are such such.” And then it’s played over and over on social media and is huge public fodder I don’t want to hear no crying. Now this is a man who is pretty much gaffing 7 days a week. And remember all the examples above, we’re highly intelligent mentally competent men who weren’t 81. Remember it stubborn idiots. 4 months is years for someone who gaffes like Biden.

by Anonymousreply 53July 12, 2024 6:08 PM

^^^.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 12, 2024 6:11 PM

I've had to step away from CNN and MSNBC. Goodbye Pod Save America and wow fuck Tim Miller. I wasn't that into him before and now I'm like you bed wetting fairy you need to go. Good bye NY TIMES you are now doing anything and everything to get Trump elected. Are the clicks worth it? WaPo also skating on thin ice.

by Anonymousreply 55July 12, 2024 6:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 12, 2024 6:13 PM

R54 Bro I hate to feel like Im defending Trump. This shit is all so fkin stupid but his misspeaks are the equivalent of Biden. Any psychologist would likely agree Tim thebguys first name, Apple the Bible famous company he is CEO of. I might do some shit like that and I’m young enough to be their grandson. It’s not just the misspeaks with Biden. It’s everything. The low, the open jaw 5 yard death stare. People are not making this up. George fkin Clooney would not host a huge fundraiser only to reveal Biden is off just a month later. Comrade I am going to post a vid someone posted from the liberal red neck comedian on another thread. BRB, you should really watch it my friend.

by Anonymousreply 57July 12, 2024 6:16 PM

Watch this. Great synopsis of what’s happening and what will happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 12, 2024 6:21 PM

Go jump into the Atlantic op

by Anonymousreply 59July 12, 2024 6:28 PM

Thanks, R58.

Except it was me who posted that on the other thread.

Did you happen to watch the SECOND video (from today) wherein Trae admits that the issue is more complex than he initially expressed?

Watch that, please

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 12, 2024 6:28 PM

R60 I did. He is a very good speaker, country accent and all. I even like that he states, “maybe you are worried but you feel like the only way forward is to rally around Biden”. But his first bid was brilliant. No one has ever cured papa-itis. He is 100% spot on. And it’s not just about Biden’s brilliant team compensating for his mental defects. We have 4 more months. 4 more months of having to be out there and present. More people are going to start tuning in. That is how elections always work. I don’t get how people aren’t getting it, especially liberals who I consider intellectually superior.

by Anonymousreply 61July 12, 2024 6:33 PM

Why are you watching CNN, OP?

This isn’t 1990.

If a manned spacecraft blew up, I can *maybe* see why anyone would tune into that tabloid fest.

But I don’t watch any cable tv and haven’t for years because it’s all manufactured outrage, pushing fear and loathing on the public.

Put on your big boy pants and break the spell cable tv cast on you when Bernard Shaw reported from under the coffee table at the Baghdad hotel.

If you’re one of those elders who needs to have tv on in the background so you feel less lonely, there are several Law and Order networks you can tune into and relive the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 62July 12, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote] whoever opposed Reagan when he told them “such and such was a friend mine, you are no are such such.”

It was John Anderson who said that to Dan Quayle. Not Ronald Reagan. And “such and such” was JFK.

You sound …old and confused.

You need to step down

by Anonymousreply 63July 12, 2024 9:26 PM

R62 is ignorant

by Anonymousreply 64July 12, 2024 9:49 PM

We need to sit shiva for the New York Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2024 1:45 PM

Kuntlin called out by Stacey Abrams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 1, 2024 2:33 AM

I don't watch CNN unless there's a massive news story and MSNBC is behind.

by Anonymousreply 67August 1, 2024 3:35 AM

Anyone who watches cable news is a moron.

by Anonymousreply 68August 1, 2024 3:39 AM

i honestly haven't WATCHED televised news in decades. I wait until i can read it. Fuck CNN

by Anonymousreply 69August 1, 2024 3:52 AM

R63 -- Seriously? It was not john Anderson. It was the opposing ticket's VP candidate, Lloyd Benson.

If you're going to correct people for getting facts wrong, why not try to get the facts right? You sound old... and confused. You need to step down.

"Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" was a remark made during the 1988 United States vice presidential debate by Democratic nominee Senator Lloyd Bentsen to Republican nominee Senator Dan Quayle in response to Quayle's comparison of his experience in Congress to that of John F. Kennedy."

by Anonymousreply 70August 1, 2024 4:03 AM

CNN, once a vibrant news network, became dreary and stale.

by Anonymousreply 71August 1, 2024 4:14 AM

Do better CNN!

by Anonymousreply 72August 1, 2024 4:18 AM

CNN has been in the business of infotainment for many years but the combo of Zaslav and Licht killed what little credibility they had left.

by Anonymousreply 73August 1, 2024 4:19 AM

Get out of your silos, America! Listen to MAGA, they have a point.

by Anonymousreply 74August 1, 2024 4:23 AM

I ❤️ Clarissa Ward

by Anonymousreply 75August 1, 2024 11:07 PM

R63 it was Lloyd Bentsen to Dan Quayle.

by Anonymousreply 76August 2, 2024 1:37 AM

Agree CNN is just a reflection of what it used to be.

by Anonymousreply 77August 2, 2024 1:40 AM

I love Jim Scuitto or

by Anonymousreply 78August 2, 2024 6:48 PM

Boris Sanchez is FINE

by Anonymousreply 79August 2, 2024 6:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!