Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you have an unusual food that you like?

I love prairie oysters - a cocktail made with a raw egg, tabasco and Worcester sauce, fresh ground pepper and a splash of scotch.

I have also enjoyed eel in both Japanese and Scandinavian preparations.

Goose eggs are delicious.

Pate and marmalade sandwiches (lightly grilled).

I once had a lobster bisque sorbet that was surprisingly good (and not the least bit sweet).

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 7:35 PM

Corn nuts

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 7:16 AM

R1, Heather Chandler!

You're alive!!

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 7:20 AM

Chicken hearts are delightful.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 7:44 AM

I like corn and mashed potatoes mixed together. Peas and mashed potatoes are also okay.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 7:47 AM

Radical R4. It’s like you scooped up a combo of veg from a basic ‘meat and two veg’ plate and discovered something brand new.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 8:43 AM

I started eating Stouffer's frozen dinners this year, as arthritis makes it difficult to stand for very long. So I don't cook as much as I used to. My favorites are meatloaf and roast turkey. I bought cranberry sauce (in the can) to go with the turkey, but I found I like it with the meatloaf, too. The sweetness cuts the saltiness somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 9:04 AM

I like finely chopped garlic in green salads, it grosses people out?.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 2:56 PM

Are you an eldergay r6?

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 5:18 PM

insects and spiders mixed in sand.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 5:25 PM

R6 — their fish filet and macaroni and cheese is a delightful little frozen dinner. A nice, real chunk of pollock, and the mac and cheese has really decent, homemade-like texture and taste. The roast turkey is pretty good along with the meat loaf. The Romano crusted chicken is not good. But overall, Stouffer's is one of the better frozen dinner choices. Just considerably pricey.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 5:34 PM

R10, Evasion!!!

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 5:49 PM

A shplash of shcotch!

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 5:54 PM

Durian

Last year I tried a limited edition mustard ice cream. Weird, but it turned out great. I keep hoping they'll bring it back!

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 6:07 PM

One of my favorite dishes is spoiled ruminant milk, pressed into cakes then thinly sliced, inserted between square spongiform slices of heated fermented grain paste, which has been smeared on the exterior with animal fat then lightly toasted on a skillet. When the interior is orange and runny, slice the entire affair diagonally from corner to corner. Serve with a bowl of warm red fruit soup on a winter day. Sounds strange but very good.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 6:08 PM

r14 Are you Mongolian?

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 6:10 PM

I am an ancientgay, r8.

I usually buy my Stouffer's when it's on sale at my local supermarket, which is fairly often. Sometimes it's 4 for $10, sometimes 5 for $10.

I hated their chicken Romano too. I don't remember if I've had the fish or not, but I now think I'll try it, with the macaroni and cheese. It's pretty good, but it's overcooked, like most of their pasta dishes. If I want pasta, I'll make either the NYT marinara sauce, which is pretty quick, or Marcella's tomato / butter / onion sauce, which requires only slightly more effort than opening a jar of Classico.

- r6

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 6:16 PM

I used to love Stouffer’s corn soufflé and turkey tetrazzini.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 7:16 PM

OP where I'm from a prairie oyster is a bull testicle. Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 7:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!