Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Courtney Love is SIXTY!

Happy Birthday, you sociopath!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2024 7:07 AM

The gods should have taken her instead of Kurt, sorry not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 4:14 AM

Happy Birfday!

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 4:36 AM

Her personality flaws are numerous, and I don’t care. I love her. Hole is one of my favorite bands of all time. I enjoy everything they did, but I especially love the macabre fury of their first album. She is feral and terrifying on that record, the guitars sound like chainsaws for most of it, and the lyrics are haunting and utterly deranged. It’s a caustic, frightening, profoundly sad album. I think it’s possibly the most stripped-back view she’s given us into her psyche ever, which is saying something because she’s always pretty raw. I don’t know. I have just always sensed a profound pain in her that made sense to me despite the fact that I’m not a woman and can’t directly relate to a lot of the things she was talking about in her songs. Maybe that alone is a testament to the music.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 4:57 AM

She paid Alan Wrench and Il Duce 50,000 to kill Kurt before he cut her out of his estate and dumped her. Il Duce was shoved in front of a train as part of the cover up. Ask Fat Mike.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 12:00 PM

Fat Mike, are you on here? Weigh in, please.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 12:09 PM

Even if she did have him killed, she will never be punished. She has gotten away with it. You can’t do anything about it. She told us from the start just how this would end. He’s forever 27 and she’s fucking 60.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 12:26 PM

R6 yeah, everyone else involved is long dead

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 12:38 PM

It’s giving a incest survivor who loves alpha men, in a Stockholm Syndrome kinda way, and takes out all her bullshit on beta males vibe.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 1:06 PM

So, she was 3 yrs older than Kirk?

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 1:07 PM

AI gays, please summon an image of Courtney Love in a 1960s Star Trek minidress uniform on the bridge screaming at Scotty.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 1:21 PM

If you told me in 1995 that Madonna would look worse than Courtney in 2024, I would have laughed.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 1:28 PM

more nose jobs than Michael Jackson

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 1:30 PM

60 talent free years. Congrats.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 1:50 PM

Leave it to america to blame a woman for a drug addicted numbnuts for offing himself. Of course it must be a woman's fault for he was such a genius.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 2:25 PM

Is she still presenting Hole?

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 2:51 PM

R3 Yes! I love her so much, America's Sweetheart is great too. I listen to "Nobody's Daughter" in my car all the time. Kurt was a junkie who couldn't handle being famous, he killed himself. And Hole's albums are better than any Nirvana album.

So you think that you could save him And we know that someone died Oh, an unkindness of ravens And we know that Mary lied And through villages of ether Oh, my crucifixion comes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 3:00 PM

I will never understand how this obnoxious mental case has managed to stay more or less relevant for 30 years, when she has no talent whatsoever, is uglier than sin even after plastic surgery and is universally detested by almost everyone who's ever had the misfortune of dealing with her. It just goes to show how nastiness, shameless opportunism and the willingness to do anything and anyone to become famous, can take any sack of shit very far.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 3:05 PM

Her music is awesome, that's how.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 3:09 PM

I can't stand Courtney but calling her untalented seems like a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 3:13 PM

She sure wasn't on my list to make it to 40.....So 60 is crazy

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2024 3:21 PM

Oh yes, R189. She is SO talented! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 3:36 PM

She looks pretty good considering all the drugs and hard living and abuse she put her body through. Way better looking than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 3:40 PM

I wonder how Frances Bean is doing. How much does she have with her mom, anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 3:45 PM

*contact

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 3:45 PM

C’mon gays, you know you want to watch it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 6:35 PM

Ha, I forgot about that R25. Let's see Madonna get all indignant now, if she could move her weird face.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 7:21 PM

How old is her face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 8:16 PM

She is an intelligent, fascinating person. I don't know that I'd ever want to know her on a close and/or regular personal level (the chaos would be a lot to handle), but I respect her for the music she put forth in the pop culture canon. Even people who loathe her admit the music was good—their way out of giving her any due, though, is to simply say she didn't create any of it. I also appreciate her for owning her persona as an enfant terrible. We need those kind of people in the pop culture zeitgeist otherwise things get stagnant and too sanitized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2024 2:13 AM

I hope she gets the most birthday cake!

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2024 2:16 AM

Murderess!

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2024 2:21 AM

R28 Well put. I love her music, I think she's gorgeous, and I would never want to meet her because I'm sure she's an insufferable bitch.

R29 Someday you will ache like she aches.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2024 2:22 AM

I'm certain she's mad as a hatter, but both times I met her she was very nice, and totally non-snobby!

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 2:34 AM

On what basis would she be snobby? She's a Washington state hillbilly.

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 3:56 AM

R33 Kurt maybe qualified as “Washington state hillbilly” to some, but Courtney is a cultured person who came from pretty well-to-do people (at least her mom) and, for a variety of reasons, veered into the gutter life. Her mother is a wealthy hippie therapist, and almost all of Courtney’s siblings got premium educations at elite schools. She is the black sheep of that family for certain, but she’s certainly not an uncultured hillbilly. She also isn’t from Washington.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 4:12 AM

I loved Melissa Auf der Maur's self titled album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2024 4:16 AM

She’s a grifter and ugly as shit after hundreds of plastic surgeries. The good Hole albums (1st two) were written and produced by Kurt. She’s a no talent trash heap.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2024 4:16 AM

Pretty on the Inside was released before she and Kurt started dating R36, and it was produced by Don Fleming and Kim Gordon. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2024 4:19 AM

Whatever she still stinks.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2024 4:32 AM

Celebrity Skin is way better than the first two albums, and it was Billy Corgan who helped make it so. Billy is much more talented than Kurt.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2024 4:37 AM

[quote]If you told me in 1995 that Madonna would look worse than Courtney in 2024, I would have laughed.

Nope.

[quote]Way better looking than Madonna.

Nope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2024 5:31 AM

She has talent but an outsized opinion of herself to go along with it. I’m sure she’s intelligent but she has always reminded me of someone who thinks she’s smarter than everyone around he because she’s read some Proust and a bit of philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2024 5:44 AM

Really? She doesn't look a day over sixty-nine.

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2024 5:48 AM

As a vivid lyricist, Love was at least on-par with Cobain. Maybe Courtney was above-par...

Also, Love was a trained writer — attended Trinity — and comes from an established literary heritage (Paula Fox).

And she's Hollywood royalty: Courtney worked in the wardrobe department on Mommie Dearest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2024 6:08 AM

[quote] The gods should have taken her instead of Kurt, sorry not sorry.

Sometimes I wonder how things would have turned out if Kurt lived and she didn't. He would have had to raise their daughter all by himself. Would he have beaten his drug addiction? Would he have left Nirvana and went solo? Remarried? We will never know, but I guess everything happens for a reason. Apparently, Courtney and Francis Bean are on good terms these days. Their relationship has been up and down over the years.

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2024 6:18 AM

^Oh dear Frances Bean

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2024 6:20 AM

I don’t know if I’ve ever heard her music but I love her in The People v. Larry Flynt.

Force of nature, that girl.

Happy birthday, Lovie!

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2024 7:28 AM

This sort of thing happens unless you die first, OP.

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2024 7:46 AM

R44, speaking as an addict myself, it’s highly unlikely he would’ve found sobriety because the drugs were very much part of his persona, ego, sexuality, psyche and reason for living. I’ve met plenty of “real deal” addicts like this that talk a good talk when they get sober, but are thinking about using the entire time. It colors their behavior in early sobriety and makes living almost insufferable, especially for family and friends around them.

The hardest things to accept in recovery are that you discover people don't like the sober version of you, and what kept you sober initially suddenly stops working the farther into sobriety you go. You don’t keep the same crowd of support you came in with either because so many of your “littermates” willrelapse.

You are not special because you get sober. This newfound shininess wears off and reveals the true person underneath, especially if you are not a nice person. Hard drugs taken over years or decades, notably heroin and meth permanently change and rearrange the neuron endings, pleasure center and reward system in your brain, making it almost impossible to find happiness.

I have met a LOT of unhappy old timer addicts and alcoholics the 14 years I’ve been sober.

by Anonymousreply 48July 10, 2024 8:37 AM

I'm overwhelmed and undersexed baby, what did you expect? I'm overwrought and so disgraced I'm too ashamed to show my face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 10, 2024 3:10 PM

Evil cunt

by Anonymousreply 50July 10, 2024 3:20 PM

I’ve seen her perform three times in small venues and she’s the real deal. She embodies her music which is one reason she’s good to watch. Her music is harsh and nihilistic as is her face.

by Anonymousreply 51July 10, 2024 3:29 PM

[quote] almost all of Courtney’s siblings got premium educations at elite schools. She is the black sheep of that family for certain, but she’s certainly not an uncultured hillbilly

Too bad none of that was passed down to Frances Bean. The girl is a moron. She allowed some ex to steal Kurt's one of a kind guitar and some other priceless heirlooms that the ex won't give back. She was blinded by the dick which was never her mother's problem. She also didn't inherit her mother's street smarts.

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2024 3:39 PM

r51 I've seen her numerous times as well and she is amazing on stage. Ridiculously charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2024 10:04 PM

It’s the Cobain jeans r52

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2024 10:21 PM

R54 That makes no sense since he was smart. Smarter than Courtney

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2024 9:12 PM

The girl grew up around two junkies and their extended circle of users. Can you blame her?

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2024 9:14 PM

She looks every minute of 75. Stop trying to push her off here. She’s not fondly remembered or wanted.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2024 9:14 PM

R39 No, he isn't. If he was SP wouldn't suck so much. He might be technically more skilled than Kurt but he doesn't have 1/10 of artistic talent Kurt had. Also, that third Holes album was very pop and Hollywood, so it makes sense that Billy helped making it. The second Hole album, that Kurt supposedly helped writing, is actually good.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2024 9:18 PM

Billy Corgan is an irrelevant Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote]She told us from the start just how this would end.

She went on and took everything.

Unpopular opinion: Hole at its best was better than Nirvana at its best. Live Through This is better than Nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2024 9:22 PM

R60 Nirvana wasn't best at Nevermind

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2024 9:27 PM

It doesn't matter. Bleach? Incesticide?

Live Through This is still better.

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2024 9:38 PM

Billy is a far better guitar player than Kurt ever was. I prefer Kurt/Nirvana as an artist, but there is no denying that Billy is talented.

I also prefer Hole to Nirvana. Courtney as a singer/songwriter and personality in general brings such an extreme dichotomy of masculine power and feminine rage that has always resonated with me as a gay man. She taps into both of energies and balances them beautifully in her songs. There is a rough edge to everything she does, but there is also a softness (and profound sadness) at the core if you pay close attention.

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2024 9:41 PM

I wonder what it's like to see a cosmeticly surgerized face and different hair color in the mirror. Is it schizophrenic? Do you forget who you really are?

by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2024 10:07 PM

Agree r60

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2024 10:27 PM

E621 Neither of those either. In Utero is million times better than Live through this. It's one if the best rock albums ever made

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2024 12:37 PM

R63 Far better in what way? I prefer Kurt's guitar playing at his worst over Billy at his best. It's just boring guitar wankery. Just because someone is technically better doesn't mean they make better music. There are millions of metal guitarists that are leagues above Billy technically, but they make the most boring music imaginable. With zero soul

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2024 12:40 PM

Love her!

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2024 12:44 PM

Hole is way better than Nirvana, fact.

Kurt couldn't write or sing like Courtney, the rawness and agony she can do is really incomparable.

"Are you there when I'm all alone Do you even know why I am suffering Are you down to your bones?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2024 2:39 PM

R69

"Kurt couldn't write or sing like Courtney"

That's because he was a far superior lyricist and vocalist..

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2024 9:08 PM

Kurt had several beautiful gifts, but he was also a person with incredibly thin skin and a nervous nellie beyond compare. Courtney was more of a survivor and probably was a bit the "top" in her relationship with Kurt.....all complicated by both of them being smacked out of their minds most of the time.

Nirvana was amazing and I liked Hole as well. Not everything is a fucking contest/comparison.

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2024 9:17 PM

And a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2024 10:01 PM

Yes R71, he was way too fragile, and Courtney never was. "Almost Golden" is such a great song about him, and one line, "hang on to me, baby, hold hold on tight, and we'll just see which one of us gets out alive..."

My oh my, baby you were almost golden..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2024 11:01 PM

R14 and r15 win so far. Anyone remember when she was on Empire. That don’t make me over song used to be my shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 20, 2024 11:16 PM

Kurt was overrated

by Anonymousreply 75July 20, 2024 11:43 PM

Dear God, R66, I hadn’t even considered that you might be referring to In Utero, thats how shitty it is.

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2024 2:22 AM

How many lip lines does shit woman have?

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2024 3:05 AM

She's fun

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2024 1:43 PM

R71 agreed.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2024 1:49 PM

Is she more hated than Yoko Ono?

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2024 1:51 PM

R76 Fuck, you have no taste.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2024 8:13 AM

[quote]The good Hole albums (1st two) were written and produced by Kurt.

How dare you, Sir!

by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2024 8:01 PM

[quote]I wonder what it's like to see a cosmeticly surgerized face and different hair color in the mirror. Is it schizophrenic? Do you forget who you really are?

That is who they are. They're the people who confuse outer appearances with an actual personality, or else are the people who appreciate that they're not as ugly any more.

by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2024 8:08 PM

Courtney will always be an ugly groupie till the day she dies.

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2024 7:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!