Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m Kate Lawrence, and I’m 53 and Pregnant!

What should I do?

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2024 7:53 PM

OP here — there was supposed to be a poll, but Mother called and my aol connection was interrupted, the connection dropped, and that’s that!

I’m calling that Steve Case and that man is going to get an earful!

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 1:48 AM

No poll required: I just took Kate to the abortion clinic. Again.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 1:55 AM

Buddy if you're in the stairwell eavesdropping, I'd advise you to cover your ears as you might hear me make some rather unpleasent comments about what I was considering doing with you when you were in utero. Though, truth be told, I should have done said, 'procedure' with your elder sister Nancy and saved all of us a lot of pain...

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 2:23 AM

Kate here…

I’m “spotting” so if I miscarry, this would give the networks an easy out and not have the character “make a choice”…but the episode’s storyline involves multiple unexpected pregnancies, so I’m resigned to power-through this anxiety-laden experience for at least a few more episodes.

So, instead of hitting the Abortion Hut at the mall, I guess I’m going to have to carry this blood-sucking beast of an embryo until that fucking Leonard Goldberg makes his mind up.!

Jesus, I hope the residuals are worth this horseshit.

After this claptrap, I’m returning to the stage!

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 2:48 AM

Are you going to seek the sage counsel of your confidante Elaine Hogan?

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 3:49 AM

You lost the baby, but gained an adorable 11-year-old girl who brought you more unalloyed joy than any of your troubled biological children!

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 7:18 AM

Kate. Never "Katie."

NEVER "Katie."

Kate.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 11:00 PM

I fear Doug has eyes on other women!

We were in the mall last week, and at Sears, we passed the photo studio and he looked longing at a lovely young blonde woman…perhaps 18.

Shall I try to keep him with another “oops” pregnancy, or let him wander and remain stoically…stoic?

Gals, I need advice!

The clock is ticking!

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2024 12:48 AM

The dishes and vacuuming for starters. Some eggplant Parmesan for supper would be nice also.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2024 12:51 AM

R9- Oh Nancy- I've never made ethnic dishes in my life and I don't plan to start now.

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2024 12:57 AM

R10 Sis, I hear you!

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2024 2:15 AM

I've had more children pulled out of me than a burning

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2024 2:24 AM

I dunno: internally complain about the mistakes Nancy has been making with her life and make icy comments to her as a way of letting out the frustration? That's what you usually do.

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2024 3:26 AM

I remember that show! Did they go out to dinner at The Red lobster?And after she ate hush puppies she miscarried?

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2024 3:37 AM

How quaint! no one will notice the weight gain, at least. If you decide to do a home birth in this room I suggest you change the wallpaper. You'll think you're giving birth in my favorite restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2024 3:48 AM

Turns out it was just gas.

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2024 3:50 AM

R15- Barbara Cason was very good as a MEAN nurse in an episode of All In The Family when Gloria was pregnant and was about to give birth .

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2024 4:24 AM

Barb was a bitch.

There, I said it!

by Anonymousreply 18July 29, 2024 10:59 PM

Mother, I know it's my turn but could you go down to the lake and watch Timmy? I had such a hard day putting together a bouquet of flowers. Mother? Mother did you hear me? Whatever. I'm taking a nap.

by Anonymousreply 19July 29, 2024 11:11 PM

R19. Your recall is frightening.

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2024 7:48 PM

Well she does still need to replace the one she "accidentally" drowned so maybe just go ahead and squeeze out another baby.

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2024 7:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!