Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MAGA Gays are shocked - SHOCKED - that they're jeered at Pride Parades.

MAGA Gays are shocked - that SHOCKED - that they're jeered at Pride Parades.

But the bigger questions may be, are they clueless? Or simply cynically playing the media about being conservative and gay?

There might be a couple of good reasons for the jeering, which has long been a way of expressing one's displeasure with another point of view. For one, didn't Donald Trump put into place a Supreme Court while he was president that will likely overturn same sex-marriage in the next few years? Just wondering.

Nonetheless, Trump's NYC mouthpiece, the New York Post, is making these MAGA Gays victims. In a report published Saturday, a number of them spoke out at the illiberalism they see in the left-leaning queer mainstream. One even revealed how he didn't understand why his husband wanted him to move out of their apartment when Trump was elected in 2016.

Mark Dorman, a 64-year-old gay retired teacher from the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan, recalled how his marriage was nearly ruined by politics.

"When Trump won, my husband was so upset he wanted me out of our apartment. The rage was unexplainable – I mean honest rage. I could not understand this emotion in him and why anyone would let a political vote destroy or nearly destroy a marriage," he said. The marriage survived ... "but we don't talk politics," Dorman said.

He also says he no longer visits a local queer bar, the Atlas Social Club, "since he spoke positively about the former president there last summer," according to the Post.

"I'm almost anti-gay," the frustrated Dorman told The Post. "It's an embarrassment to see this kind of behavior... I'd really invite them to go to Iran or Gaza. See what that does for you. See how fast they throw you in prison or kill you."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 8:45 AM

Why weren't they kicked in the cuntbone?

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 12:40 AM

[quote]MAGA Gays are shocked - that SHOCKED - that they're jeered at Pride Parades.

In other news, KKK members are jeered at Juneteenth events. Shocking, I know.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 12:43 AM

That Mark Dorman certainly sounds like a fucking idiot. I'm surprised and sorry that his husband decided to stay with him.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 12:46 AM

Clueless or the need to be different.

R3 - they probably can't afford to live in the city by themselves, so his partner is forever chained to him. That's why he bought a muzzle.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 12:47 AM

“I’m almost anti-gay myself..”

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 12:49 AM

Maybe Mark Dorman should acquaint himself with how closely evangelical beliefs align with Muslim ones. Or consider that his support for MAGA is set to undo all the gains that gay people made on his behalf. Let’s see what happens to Pride parades in the coming years if Dump is elected. If it’s not wilful ignorance, then it’s pure selfishness. Freeriders and freeloaders like him can go eat a bag of mushroom MAGA dicks.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 12:52 AM

Dorman sounds like a classic DL right-winger, right down to the sputtering "why don't you move to Iran and see how fast they murder you" non sequitur. His husband is probably disgusted by his idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 2:09 AM

Dorman sounds like Dornan. Remember that nut?

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 8:11 AM

Magas are utter morons; gay magas doubly so.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 8:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!