Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Some folks need killing.”

How is this even possible, especially if the man is running for Governor? In Canada this would be a hate crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 11, 2024 2:30 AM

ALREADY A THREAD, MORON.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 11:23 PM

R1 I pity you.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 11:24 PM

He's a charmer...

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 11:33 PM

Please tell me this piece of excrement isn't expected to win.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 11:37 PM

“When someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time.” Maya Angelou

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 4:24 AM

R5 Whaaat?

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 4:21 AM

Unless North Carolina gets real blue, real fast, this is their next governor

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 4:32 AM

R7, North Carolina has a history of electing a Republican President and a Democratic Governor. We’ve only had two Republican governors in my lifetime and one of those only served a single term and lost to the current Democrat in the 2016 election in which Trump won our state.

Robinson has an extra hurdle to clear because he’s black and many rural Republicans here are likely turned off by that.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 5:03 AM

Too bad they wouldn't be turned off by the fact that he's hateful and crazy, instead of his skin color and/or party affiliation.

You know, like normal people would.

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 10:44 AM

Another Uncle Tom who thinks he has a place at the Republican Masser's table 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 10:49 AM

R9, I totally agree but that’s the world we live in. The rural whites in North Carolina have historically been a little more open to being liberal ideas but the last 30 years have seen a slow gradual decline in their communities be it from brain drain, manufacturing closing, farms consolidating and becoming agribusinesses, and hospitals closing. They have gotten more and more conservative and some, openly racist.

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2024 2:10 PM

That's sad that they blame black people for those issues instead of their unwillingness to adapt and innovate, R11.

Because unless you're willing to do so, all you are getting for your bullheadedness is stagnation and failure.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2024 2:22 PM

r9 is correct but not every transplant here is liberal either.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2024 2:32 PM

Move to Chicago - it'll be taken care of for you.

by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2024 3:00 PM

You can criticize this nutcase without bringing his race into it. That shit doesn't help and is usually stormfronty in nature

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2024 4:24 PM

^ Bite me... He's an Uncle Tom who's trying to suck up to the very people who've oppressed blacks for 100s of years. The very same people who want to go back to the "good old days" when colored folks knew their place and didn't cause no trouble for white folks

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2024 4:36 PM

He is the one that needs to die, any crazies up for the job? He is correct, some people aren't worth the air they breath. This is the end of normalcy, next comes Armageddon.

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2024 5:03 PM

^ Unfortunately all the crazies are on their team ☹️

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 5:11 PM

[quote] He's a charmer

It’s actually spelled “N-I-G……”

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2024 5:21 PM

R19 Fuck off bitch. Actually can you and Mark Robinson move to Palestine.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2024 5:27 PM

He seems unhinged, but that's probably "good" in so much that it makes Reps look fucking crazy by association.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 5:30 PM

R20, save your distaste for the true enemy.

You want to have a debate on the property of words? That’s fine. I’ll give you a hell of a shit-ton more space, empathy and respect to do so than this piece of shit ever will.

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2024 5:46 PM

Damn it… *PROPIETY

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2024 5:54 PM

So true- Uncle Tom grifting for special place if Trump takes over. But try as he may he can’t change color. Good Luck Fat Ass.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2024 5:54 PM

Can’t we all just get along?

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2024 5:57 PM

R22 Bitch you could never debate on the license of when to use the word nigger because I would end you. Your comment at r19 is inappropriate and racist.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2024 5:59 PM

OP, that statement wasn't made because he really believed it but because "sticking it to the other side" appeals so much to voters. Unfortunately you fell into the trap of getting triggered and making a big stink of it.

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2024 6:02 PM

Robinson should adopt as his slogan, "Bring Back Lynching!"

What's the worst that could happen?

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2024 6:05 PM

Sometimes I can’t believe DL is still a thing with all the outrageously offensive posts.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2024 6:07 PM

R27, he had a fundraiser at a church on Tuesday which is on the record for “blasting” gay men. Blasting is an event which a large group of church elders shout at and physically beat the gay out of young men suspected of being homosexual. One, if I remember correctly from the original reporting back five years ago, lost hearing in one ear from it.

When the police were called two local prosecutors who were high ranking members of the church out the brakes on the investigation and it was never followed up on.

The church is also accused of holding members involuntarily as unpaid workers in horrible conditions, what some would call slavery.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2024 6:09 PM

You guys are so clever-I could never come up with this stuff. Lynching-is that still a word?

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2024 6:10 PM

bwah!

north carolinians are pretty level headed from the start. i bet this nothing to worry about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 6:15 PM

Please if you will, R26, then state your boundaries. Should that word NEVER be used? And if so, why?

I recognize the fraught history that comes with its use. But to hear a black person say that I, and people like me, should be killed because of who we love… well, I use that epithet in an attempt to remind him of exactly what hate looks and sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 6:20 PM

This guy is more brain damaged than Herschel Walker

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 6:22 PM

Whether or not anyone is "offended" by anything is one of the least important things in life.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2024 6:28 PM

[quote]North Carolina has a history of electing a Republican President and a Democratic Governor.

Any rational explanation for that?

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2024 6:35 PM

It happens in Wisconsin and Kentucky too.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2024 6:37 PM

or a rethug gov and dems in charge of the state house votes, or vice versa.

that's where level-headed comes into play.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2024 6:38 PM

Bet money this turd won’t be North Carilona’s next governor. North Carolina voted for Obama in 08. There is a liberal base there. This guy is too extreme and will motivate that base. Furthermore. North Carolina has what you call social conservative democrats. When it comes to president, the reason why many of these voters vote R is because the military and the mainstream branding of parties. You guys have to remember when it comes to that presidential race the Republican nominee is often branded as the strong military person and the Democratic nominee is often viewed as weak or maybe hostile to military. Again the presidential candidates are over exposed so often all the social conservatism topics—the Democratic nominee gets branded as being hostile to it. While in the governors race because they are speaking directly to a particular constituent the Democratic nominee is running a different type of campaign and thus is branded different.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2024 6:46 PM

I’ve always felt that North Carolinians voted for a Republican President and a Democratic Governor because the when the GOP went “law and order” under Nixon it resonated with the conservative, and often racist, rural voters.

In contrast, they had seen the good work Democrats had done in building the state up in education and roads. Terry Sanford and Jim Hunt were two famously popular Democratic governors known for these type of initiatives and making sure that the rural areas of the state didn’t get left out.

This has fallen by the wayside in today’s political climate and the rural Republican base seems all in for the GOP because of social issues and ignore the party’s plan to defund most state agencies, tear down public education, and do away almost entirely with government transparency.

The old patterns of voting have held so far but with a never ending stream of transplants from up North, who knows for how long. Many of the new North Carolinians aren’t liberal and bring their prejudices with them, emboldened to speak and act on them now that they are in Dixie. I have a think Southern accent and look the part of a classic good old’ boy and you wouldn’t believe what some of these recently transplanted NJ and NYers will say to me, a complete stranger, when we’re alone.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2024 7:08 PM

Well, he got his name out there if that was the purpose of his rant. Seems like all the crazies in politics want to out-Trump Trump. He even projected with "you should be ashamed" line. Classic Trump. Just got to vote against them and keep it moving.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2024 7:11 PM

i have worked in a largely latino environment this past year and have been shocked at how racist many of them can be.

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2024 7:13 PM

start one and you will be out of my sight.

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2024 7:14 PM

Perhaps hateful, obese people like himself.

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2024 7:15 PM

I can’t think of any current governor as ignorant as this guy. His Uncle Tom rhetoric might resonate in a congressional house race not a US governor.

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2024 7:29 PM

He has absolutely no qualifications R41, other than ranting.

He came to political prominence as a gun nut ranting on Facebook about the Greensboro City Council. He ranted his way, using a bootstrap backstory and criticizing blacks sponging off of the federal government.

Turns out his wife owned a very profitable company, which allowed him to quit work and run for Lt. Governor, that specialized in getting day care centers federal dollars to provide meals to low income children. She shut the business down earlier this year, while screaming “Witch Hunt!”, when auditors started looking into who was on the payroll and how the money was being spent.

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2024 8:49 PM

These jerks always have a closetful of skeletons.

You know he's been with women with penises!

by Anonymousreply 47July 11, 2024 2:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!