Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elizabeth Taylor was the last great movie star

Looks (she could make grown men weep)

Talent (two oscars) Even in the most mundane fare, she was captivating.

Versatility (she did theater to great acclaim)

Compassion and relatability (her AIDS work goes without saying)

She left a hole in showbiz that has yet to be filled.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 12:20 AM

OP, I fear this thread is going to die quickly, because most everyone is going to agree with you and move on to another Biden thread!

But I comnend your wonderful taste. La Liz was indisputably great.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 9:55 PM

Morbidly obese women only make men weep if they sit on them.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 9:58 PM

Liz liked the spotlight ALL the time.

The great movie stars we have now (La Streep, McDormand, even Roberts) don't want the spotlight ALL the time.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 10:05 PM

I saw her on Broadway in The Little Foxes and she was magnificent especially for someone who was making her stage debut. She was a great movie star AND a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 11:01 PM

May I add that in her life off of the stage and screen, she had a great theatricality about her. For one to be a true star, I think they need that.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 11:37 PM

Liz deserves to always be commended for what she did about AIDS. She was a real star and a real broad♡

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 11:41 PM

Relatability? She defended Michael Jackson and his "sleepovers" with little boys

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 11:44 PM

For my generation, she was the old lady who had been married 8 times and hung out with Michael Jackson and was Wilma’s mother in “The Flinstones”.

And he wrote this song about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 11:51 PM

the very GLAMMAH of it all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 11:58 PM

a STAH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 12:02 AM

I guess you young guys like Taylor Swift better, eh?

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 12:07 AM

[quote]The great movie stars we have now (La Streep, McDormand, even Roberts) don't want the spotlight ALL the time.

Frances McDormand a movie star?!

And that horseface, linebacker walking "Pretty Woman" was overrated from the get-go.

They aren't fit to wipe Lizzie's ass.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!