Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Théodore Pellerin est Jacques de Bascher

Hedonist bourgeois dandy, jet-setter, one time lover of Yves Saint Laurent, and lifelong companion of Karl Lagerfeld til his death at 38, by AIDS, in 1989.

Alors?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2024 7:45 PM

He’ll need to give this kind of performance for it to matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 9:49 PM

tailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 9:50 PM

The first episode is about their first times together. It's wonderful and charming and erudite. I'm very impressed.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 10:17 PM

I was surprised by how much of the series centers on Jacques and his relationships with Lagerfeld and St. Laurent. It felt more like a series about de Bascher.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 10:37 PM

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 10:38 PM

From Disney. In French. I can hardly believe it.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 10:43 PM

I tear up a little bit in each episode. It's just a love twisted love story.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 12:50 AM

Not bad!

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2024 9:48 PM

De Bascher was too cartoonish and Lagerfeld was not cartoonish enough. I would like to see another season and thought it was better than the Capote swans show.

by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2024 7:04 PM

And Talley should appear in any season two….

by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2024 7:05 PM

That poster looks horrible. Super cheap and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2024 7:18 PM

It looks tacky because J de B looked tacky in the show. They couldn’t afford to dress him properly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2024 7:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!