Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things that annoy you

Time for the annual (?), monthly (?), hourly (?) collection of the little grievances that, yes, are sweating the small stuff.

It drives me nuts when we have to sit and wait for some numpty to back into their parking spot instead of just pulling in. Time's a wasting. We're not getting any younger.

The tap machine. Just put the wi-fi connection in the same place on every unit.

The damn Jump to the Recipe link. Just don't write so goddamn much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601August 25, 2024 12:33 PM

Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly!

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 9:57 PM

Loud motorcycles.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 9:58 PM

People who walk on the left side of the sidewalk.

I want to slap them.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 9:59 PM

I don't understand all the hate for reversing into parking spots. Either way, you're going to wait for someone. I.e., if the driver parks head-first, you're going to wait while that person reverses out.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 10:00 PM

People who humblebrag.

E.g., "I've only saved 2 million for retirement so I'm way behind!"

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 10:01 PM

Cell phone towers made to look like a palm tree in a pine forest.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 10:06 PM

Job applications that require three professional references. Bitch, I worked in restaurants until I was 40, when I went to law school. You want to talk to my manager at Applebee's?

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 10:07 PM

Everything.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 10:30 PM

R7, 💯

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 10:31 PM

Devices on speaker in public spaces.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 10:38 PM

Parents who hand their toddlers iPads and phones in public spaces (restaurants, airports) and let the kids watch annoying, high-pitched videos and games without earphones.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 10:39 PM

This is the smallest annoyance ever, but it gets me every time.

I hate the new baskets with wheels that many retailers (CVS, Walgreens, etc) have adopted in recent years. I get the concept, but they are heavier and bulkier than traditional shopping baskets, and a pain. I don't want to pull my shopping basket around the store with me.

At my local Walgreens, one of the baskets is missing the handle, so all you can do is drag it around. I don't know why the store doesn't just throw it out. Almost every time I shop, that's the basket atop the stack, so I have to set it aside and grab one that I can actually carry.

Very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 10:48 PM

Wow, R12. You’re practically walking the stations of the cross there. I was moved by your suffering.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 10:52 PM

People in stores who waffle. You know, stand out in the middle of the isle making it difficult for people to go around them.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 10:54 PM

I agree, OP. The cunts who back in to parking spaces need grease fires.

I also agree about people/kids not using headphones in public when they’re watching videos or playing games.

People are so fucking RUDE!

Fat asses in their fucking jazzy chairs blocking aisles at the grocery then getting all pissy when you say, “excuse me” and try to go around them.

Get your fat ass up and MOVE!

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 11:01 PM

I'm with r12. To add, they're made for short people. I get a sore back having to bend to pull that damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 11:01 PM

WF putting the ingredients label on the bottom of packaged baked goods. That’s why all the pies look like shit.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 11:19 PM

Customers who only start to take out their purse when the cashier has scanned their purchases. And those at airport security who only get their shit ready while at security. Arrrgghhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 11:33 PM

People talking on their cell phones in public restrooms.

People who stand on the left side of the escalator.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 11:39 PM

People who walk up/down on escalators.

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2024 11:47 PM

I thought the rule for escalators was walk to the right, stand to the left.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 1:15 AM

Sorry, I had that backwards.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 1:30 AM

The rule should be not to walk at all. The food court's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 1:32 AM

I walk extra fast on escalators after I've had lots of booze and need a urinal.

I have been tempted to... before anyone asks. But a crowded subway car between stops would be a lot more fun.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 1:37 AM

Raindrops on roses (black spot)

Whiskers on kittens (hives)

Bright copper kettles (tarnish)

Warm woollen mittens (itchy and useless for fine motor skills)

Brown paper packages tied up with strings (bomb squad?)

Cream-colored ponies (shit everywhere)

crisp apple strudels (high glycemic)

doorbells (noisy)

sleigh bells (cloying)

and schnitzel with noodles (Eeeeeeew... CARBS!!!!)

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 2:11 AM

People lost in their cell phone worlds on public transportation who make zero effort to accommodate the ebb and flow of a crowd of people, some of whom are still paying attention to the various social obligations we all used to have on public transportation.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 2:21 AM

All my aches and pains and my steadily diminishing co-ordination and short-term memory.

Bah.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 2:22 AM

Pedestrians, head in phone, at crosswalks.

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 2:23 AM

People with no spacial goddamn awareness of where they are and what they're doing, i.e. a frau who's trying to talk on the phone, push a cart down the aisle, and control 5-year-old Bratton all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 3:52 AM

[quote] People talking on their cell phones in public restrooms.

This is so weird and horrible. I've seen it, though.

Escalators: If you just want to stand and let the escalator do the climbing, then stand on the right side. If you want to walk, then do that on the left. Just like driving a car.

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2024 4:06 AM

^^ except if you’re in a country where they drive on the left, in which case the reverse applies. Same thing for which side of the footpath you walk on.

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2024 5:44 AM

Why do people back in?

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2024 7:24 AM

Backing into a parking space saves lives. You have a better view of traffic and people (in particular small kids) when you pull out forwards.

Escalators were meant to be walked on! Standing on them like cattle was never the idea, the concept was that people would still walk the stairs, the moving stairs, and get quicker from A to B.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2024 7:37 AM

People who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2024 9:47 AM

How is "The Heiress" fitting this topic, OP? Catherine's grievances were anything but petty.

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2024 10:27 AM

Oblivious people in public who walk right in front of you, and expect YOU to get out of the way.

Service people who call me “Boss”…

Coworkers who leave random time on the shared microwave. Really, you stopped it at .03 seconds?

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2024 10:53 AM

Cars that pull out in front of you and don't put their foot down hard enough when there are no cars behind yours.

BEEEEEP, asshole!

People who can back smoothly and swiftly into parking spots are way better than the people who take five or six attempts to get in there. They need to go and perfect their skills in an EMPTY parking lot, not just go for it in a crowded lot off a main road on a Saturday. Traffic stopped on the main road as cars line up to get into the lot = way more dangerous than backing out. Especially since most cars have reversing cameras.

I walk up and down escalators fast. I just want to get out of there and get on with my day. Who has the time to stand on an escalator like a vegetable?

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote] Backing into a parking space saves lives. You have a better view of traffic and people (in particular small kids) when you pull out forwards.

I disagree. Because the reversing lights are not visible, others can’t tell if the driver is backing into the space or pulling out of it. Also cameras have made pulling out in reverse a lot safer.

by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2024 11:39 AM

Service people who see my work ID badge lanyard and then call me by my first name.

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2024 11:40 AM

People who only know escalators from the mall apparently.

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2024 11:40 AM

I don't have a car (yes, I type poor), so most of my commute is spent among other pedestrians.

I've become annoyed by what I call "competitive walkers."

I have a very steady pace. Every so often, someone will overtake me, walking much faster. But once they pass me, they almost immediately slow down to slower pace. It's not necessarily that they want to get wherever they are going faster. They only want to show that they're walking faster than me.

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2024 11:47 AM

Escalators are like moving walkways in the airport. Meant to assist people with limited mobility, but if you can walk it, walk. It's not a ride.

by Anonymousreply 42July 9, 2024 11:57 AM

I love walking on the moving walkways.

I feel like Superman!

by Anonymousreply 43July 9, 2024 12:03 PM

R36, I LOVE being called “boss” by hunky workmen.

by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2024 12:27 PM

someone holding the door open for me when i'm not that close to the door yet

people who constantly obstruct walking spaces in public

people who don't scoot up at red lights causing the turning lane to be inaccessible by an inch

spitting on the ground like a nasty animal

by Anonymousreply 45July 9, 2024 12:34 PM

Naggers

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2024 12:35 PM

Paranoid black tinted windows in the front seat of a car. And the people who will pull up right next to you in a public area with them.

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2024 12:38 PM

People who are too precious to use language conventions, such as R45, not only annoy.

They destroy civilization.

by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2024 12:39 PM

People who use transitive verbs, such as “annoy,” as if they were intransitive.

by Anonymousreply 49July 9, 2024 12:56 PM

R47 super perverts do it to jerk off to unsuspecting children

by Anonymousreply 50July 9, 2024 1:02 PM

R48 i also hate pedants and prescriptivists

by Anonymousreply 51July 9, 2024 1:06 PM

Those foil caps on food and supplements. The tab is never big enough to pull the damn thing off.

by Anonymousreply 52July 9, 2024 1:10 PM

People who don’t use deodorant. Do they not know how much they stink?

by Anonymousreply 53July 9, 2024 1:17 PM

People who “innocently” let the elevator doors close mere seconds before you get there, even though they could CLEARLY hear/see you right behind them.

by Anonymousreply 54July 9, 2024 1:27 PM

My most consistent annoyance is how goddamn slow tourists walk; also how they clump up AND hold hands for dear life — as if someone wants to steal a fat Midwesterner.

by Anonymousreply 55July 9, 2024 1:28 PM

[quote] The tap machine. Just put the wi-fi connection in the same place on every unit.

The WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 56July 9, 2024 1:28 PM

Waddlers.

by Anonymousreply 57July 9, 2024 1:30 PM

I am guilty of that, r54, especially during the height of COVID. I worked at a university and had no interest in sharing an enclosed space with coughing frat boys who couldn't be bothered to mask properly.

by Anonymousreply 58July 9, 2024 1:30 PM

Salesmen who call me “Young man” as if they are flattering my 64-year-old ass.

by Anonymousreply 59July 9, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote] Service people who see my work ID badge lanyard and then call me by my first name.

MARY.

by Anonymousreply 60July 9, 2024 1:42 PM

R56:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 9, 2024 2:17 PM

Styrofoam

by Anonymousreply 62July 9, 2024 2:51 PM

People who say "I seen."

by Anonymousreply 63July 9, 2024 2:54 PM

This tap machine worked without wifi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 9, 2024 2:58 PM

FFS you back into to parallel parking spots because most spots are too small for front entrance. On most cars it's the wheels in front that turn so you have more control to position the stationary back wheels when you push them in. If the turning wheels are in the back, the way it is on some heavy machinery, you go in front ways. This is why backing in is the way it is always taught.

If you see a space ahead of time put on your blinker to give a little warning. If someone is tailgating on a street where there is only parallel parking and gets pissed, they're the asshole. Where do you think you are, the Bonneville Salt Flats?

Of course you go in front end if the space is large so you don't block traffic.

by Anonymousreply 65July 9, 2024 3:03 PM

For those that hate the baskets, COMPLAIN and then tell others to complain. I got Walmart to add more suitable baskets. Tell them you have to stop shopping there because it is too annoying to use theri baskets.

by Anonymousreply 66July 9, 2024 3:10 PM

OP, I loved The Heiress clip. She snips that thread after the twunk of the bolt being thrown, symbolically castrating Monty Clift.

Which is what I want to do when some jerk is tailgating me, passing me, and arriving at the stoplight two seconds before I do.

by Anonymousreply 67July 9, 2024 3:11 PM

Oh, honey. The “tap machine” doesn’t use wi-fi.

by Anonymousreply 68July 9, 2024 3:17 PM

Naggers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 9, 2024 3:18 PM

My supermarket is pushing these “smart carts” that basically bring the self-checkout scanners into your cart. They weigh a ton. Who wants to push that around?

by Anonymousreply 70July 9, 2024 3:19 PM

R68, it's the same symbol as the wifi at the top of my Mac, so that's why I referred to it as that.

Adding you to my list of things that annoy me, though I supposed you're used to be named there all around the world.

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2024 3:20 PM

R27, truth!

And I hate myself for not listening or, worse, making fun, when I was younger and elders would bitch and moan about getting older. They were right!

by Anonymousreply 72July 9, 2024 3:22 PM

I blame the ubiquity of back-up cameras for everyone backing in to park.

I do often wonder if it’s a zero-sum game like someone said above.

by Anonymousreply 73July 9, 2024 3:23 PM

Supermarket cashiers commenting on my purchases.

I know it's their job especially at Trader Joe's but I really wish they weren't required to do so. I don't need or want a stranger's opinion or questions. A hello at the beginning of the transaction and a thank you or goodbye at the end would suffice.

by Anonymousreply 74July 9, 2024 3:26 PM

R74, I am with you. I have always hated that and feel like it’s almost the breaking of some kind of nonexistent HIPPA-like code!

by Anonymousreply 75July 9, 2024 3:32 PM

I miss turning on the TV.

Now, I turn it on. I call up the app. I click on the program I want to watch. I call that up. Then I have to press watch and then, it seems like one more button to just watch the freaking show.

by Anonymousreply 76July 9, 2024 3:34 PM

R12, several years ago I shopped at a busy Costco on a Sunday afternoon. I don’t get to Costco much, and had never been to this one, but had some occasion to be buying a lot of stuff.

As is my practice, I parked far away from the store.

When I got relatively close to my car the shopping cart seized up. Apparently there was some wireless boundary in play to prohibit the theft of shopping carts. 🛒

It was a hot day, the lot was busy, and I basically had to lift the cart to get it close enough to be unloaded. I was annoyed.

I get similarly annoyed when I’m out of town and stop at a store where many items are under lock and key. I understand the idea, but feel punished in having to wait for a clerk to unlock a $5 air freshener.

by Anonymousreply 77July 9, 2024 3:38 PM

Men who wear suits with tennis shoes

Ankle socks

People who talk on their speaker phone while walking around

People who loudly use curse words randomly

People who don't watch after their children and then get annoyed when the rest of the world won't help them out- stop having babies or become better parents!

Too many cars on the road

Performers dressed in casual clothes- I don't want to be in your living- even Elvis wore a suit!

When you ask for help with something and the other person's first response is " First sign onto the internet"

by Anonymousreply 78July 9, 2024 3:58 PM

People who barge through doors and run over those trying to exit. People exiting have the right of way. The etiquette is the same for buses, trains, and elevators.

Cell phones and tablets blaring music or audio from a video. If you can afford a phone, you can afford ear buds.

Bicyclists barreling down the sidewalk and being offended that pedestrians are in their path. The worst are the ones with the little bell on the handlebars.

by Anonymousreply 79July 9, 2024 4:00 PM

"Contact Us" with a phone number that never lets you speak to an actual person.

by Anonymousreply 80July 9, 2024 4:46 PM

Huge SUVs (Escalades, GMC whatever-the-fuck they call that behemoth) driven by the shortest women on the planet!! They can't see over the steering wheeil so it takes them 87 tries to pull into a parking spot. They also have to park close to the store. Watching them try to back that sucker out of spot is definitedly a popcorn moment. I pull in at the bottom of the parking lot and pull into a space all by itself. Easy in, easy out.

While I'm on the subject, the assholes in the jalopies (yes, I'm old) that have as many dents as Doan's has pills, that feel the need to park right next to me, despite the parking lot being damn near empty. Same goes for box trucks and the occasional Fire/Rescue truck. I park far away for two reasons; (1) walking is free exercise so I park as far away as possible and, (2) to keep my car from getting dinged by errant shopping carts and careless car owners.

Lastly, women who use the ladies' room and don't observe the unwritten rule of "every other stall." The damn place is empty but you feel the need to use the stall next to me while you're on the phone with your bestie. Do they really need to hear toilets flush and do I need to hear your conversations? I'm guessing the same rule applies for urinals.

by Anonymousreply 81July 9, 2024 5:07 PM

People who ride escalators and STOP AND STAND STILL the minute they get to the end. Same with people who enter doorways and immediately STOP.

by Anonymousreply 82July 9, 2024 5:18 PM

Mosquitoes

by Anonymousreply 83July 9, 2024 5:20 PM

Happy couples sometimes make me angry. Especially when some sloppy looking woman has an attractive man on her arm. The bitch doesn’t even have to try and she still gets to win the game of life. Super depressing how easy it is for women to snag hotter men.

by Anonymousreply 84July 9, 2024 5:42 PM

So, women annoy you, r84. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 85July 9, 2024 5:44 PM

My cat asking to be fed between her 6 (yes 6!) daily meals.

by Anonymousreply 86July 9, 2024 5:46 PM

The single biggest for me is people who are not spatially aware, whether on foot or behind the wheel. Get out of everyone else's way if you're going to dilly dally, people! Stay aware and stay out of people's way. There are actual times in life when people are in a legitimate hurry - give folks the benefit of the doubt and move over.

by Anonymousreply 87July 9, 2024 5:48 PM

Uber drivers that don’t help you load your luggage into their trunk, but get mad if you don’t open or close their trunk just so. I’m a consultant that flies every other week, so I see this often.

by Anonymousreply 88July 9, 2024 5:50 PM

I've recently (like, just this week) become annoyed by people who punctuate every other sentence with "And things like that."

by Anonymousreply 89July 9, 2024 6:01 PM

[quote]Those foil caps on supplements

Stab the cap with a knife or pen first then peel off the cap. (Ancient Pharmacy Secret)

by Anonymousreply 90July 9, 2024 6:04 PM

Pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 91July 9, 2024 6:06 PM

People who don’t understand the difference between “that” and “who”, R88.

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2024 6:17 PM

Excessive use of acronyms

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2024 6:20 PM

Thank you, r92. I was figuring out how I wanted to type that sentiment, when you came along and expressed it so eloquently.

by Anonymousreply 94July 9, 2024 6:21 PM

Stupid rhymes, like "Boo at the zoo."

by Anonymousreply 95July 9, 2024 6:25 PM

Everything listed above, plus, right now, my brother.

by Anonymousreply 96July 9, 2024 6:28 PM

The South Asians that I seem to be surrounded by (I'm in Canada) and their vomit inducing body odour. Especially on elevators. They do other stuff too like our their phone on speaker, LOUD, in crowded spaces. They are by far the worst ethnic group to be around.

by Anonymousreply 97July 9, 2024 6:30 PM

put* their phone on loud speaker.

by Anonymousreply 98July 9, 2024 6:31 PM

r97 I worked in retail for many years. No demographic of customer could touch the South Asians. They could be MADDENING.

by Anonymousreply 99July 9, 2024 6:35 PM

r97 Are you in Surrey?

by Anonymousreply 100July 9, 2024 6:46 PM

When people you've blocked start a thread and it has a video.

by Anonymousreply 101July 9, 2024 6:48 PM

R65, we're not talking about the street parking. Is that what you mean?

by Anonymousreply 102July 9, 2024 6:49 PM

Coworkers who invite themselves to lunch with you.

by Anonymousreply 103July 9, 2024 6:50 PM

[quote] Stab the cap with a knife or pen first then peel off the cap. (Ancient Pharmacy Secret)

Obviously. The annoying thing is why bother putting tabs on if they don't function.

by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2024 6:55 PM

R5 "Should I bring people gifts from my two Italians vacations every year?"

by Anonymousreply 105July 9, 2024 6:55 PM

*Italian, singular

by Anonymousreply 106July 9, 2024 6:56 PM

I'm somewhat annoyed by Olivia de Havilland in The Heiress. I feel Richardson, Hopkins and Clift act rings around her.

by Anonymousreply 107July 9, 2024 6:57 PM

Clit?

by Anonymousreply 108July 9, 2024 7:03 PM

People who stop dead in the middle of a busy sidewalk to look at their fucking phones.

by Anonymousreply 109July 9, 2024 7:08 PM

People who work at the supermarket (mostly teens/20s), who cut you off, walk in front of you as you're pushing a cart so you have to stop short for them or else you'd run them over. squeeze by you even if there's only about a foot of space, expect you to get out of their way, vs the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 110July 9, 2024 7:23 PM

Lack of customer service. I walked into a Tilly’s store over the weekend to buy shorts, and not one of the high school-aged staff members could be bothered to break off their scintillating conversations, look up from their phones, or otherwise make eye contact. And they wonder why retail is dying.

by Anonymousreply 111July 9, 2024 7:36 PM

The use of "was" when it should be "were."

by Anonymousreply 112July 9, 2024 7:42 PM

R82, that's the reason I don't use revolving doors unless the regular ones are locked. Too many assholes stop right outside of the doors withour leaving you space to get out. Then you're stuck while the idiot on the phone, who's just entering the doors, starts pushing.

People who don't at least say "thank you" when you hold the door open for them to walk through. I loudly whisper "YOU'RE WELCOME!" so that they hear me.

by Anonymousreply 113July 9, 2024 7:49 PM

People who use the word 'annoy'. I always picture them looking like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 9, 2024 7:49 PM

I do the same, Cosmo (R113)— particularly when I move completely off the sidewalk to let the chatting pairs of entitled suburban ladies saunter past. They never pause their diatribes/monologues to say thank you.

by Anonymousreply 115July 9, 2024 7:57 PM

People who email you then call you <5 mins later to see if you got their email since you didn’t answer in that short amount of time. Bitch please, you aren’t the only thing I have to do today. Or the most important.

Salaried superiors that should know your work schedule, because after all they pay you and see you coming and going every day, but act surprised that you aren’t working the same 10-12 hr day they are.. hello, I’m the hourly employee that gets overtime and doesn’t work holidays. And also gets paid half what they do.

It’s been covered here before, but people anywhere from 20-40 thinking they “discovered” the 90s or 80s. We lived through it, and it wasn’t all fun.

by Anonymousreply 116July 9, 2024 8:43 PM

People who ask the waiter "Whats on the menu?"

"Food and drinks" was my standard reply

by Anonymousreply 117July 9, 2024 9:19 PM

Videos that auto-launch on news websites. I just want to read the story and go; I don't want to watch your video.

by Anonymousreply 118July 9, 2024 9:27 PM

This HEAT and HUMIDITY

by Anonymousreply 119July 9, 2024 9:28 PM

Ugly people

by Anonymousreply 120July 9, 2024 9:41 PM

People who leave their shopping carts right smack dab in the middle of the parking lots.

General rudeness

The proliferation of Tip Jars in stores

Rational, intelligent people who support the candidate the neofascist GOP is running for POTUS. You ignore the lies, deceptions, corruption, and ignorance of his first term. You ignore the fact that he incited an insurrection against the government. You ignore his lies today and his authoritarian impulses. You are the equivalent of Germans who were not Nazis yet found Hitler preferable to the the alternatives in the 1930s and cheered when he made Germany great again. You are a vile person.

by Anonymousreply 121July 9, 2024 10:59 PM

Vivien Leighs unflattering wigs from 1950 onwards.

by Anonymousreply 122July 9, 2024 11:10 PM

The use of the word veggies.

Fuck off with your nursery speak.

by Anonymousreply 123July 9, 2024 11:22 PM

Obese straight fraus blocking the aisles of Trader Joes having inconsequential conversations.

People that speed ahead of you on the right when a lane is closing on the highway ( I always hope they crash)

Target employees with an IQ of 50 Walmart employees with an IQ of 40

Obese straight and gay middle aged men wearing tight under armor shirts at the gym.

Home Shopping Network

You Tube Influencers whose content is not instructional.

Frankie Grande

by Anonymousreply 124July 9, 2024 11:26 PM

R121, I agree!

by Anonymousreply 125July 9, 2024 11:26 PM

The ridiculous names of Game of Thrones characters.

by Anonymousreply 126July 9, 2024 11:34 PM

That guy on here who uses at least one obscure acronym in every post the lazy whore posts.

by Anonymousreply 127July 9, 2024 11:45 PM

Yes, the cell phone users who always have them on speaker! No one cares about you or your life.

People with no sense of levity, aka all my new coworkers. It’s a city job, chock full of fraus and humorless advocate types and young women with no facial expressions, just blank stares. How I miss my days in a newsroom (but not the low pay).

by Anonymousreply 128July 9, 2024 11:56 PM

Friends who cannot do anything without their partner.

Sometimes I want to have lunch with the friend, not the friend and their plus one.

by Anonymousreply 129July 9, 2024 11:58 PM

^ They want a witness.

by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2024 12:03 AM

R100 Toronto

by Anonymousreply 131July 10, 2024 12:37 AM

People who think they have interesting contributions to a conversation, not realizing that they are a total dullard.

by Anonymousreply 132July 10, 2024 12:47 AM

Waking up on an empty superyacht because your way wealthier and much more fabulous friends were bored and have all decamped overnight or early in the morning to their next adventures. They've all just assumed you moved on as well with one group or another.

This has happened to me twice. I said nothing because I like super yachts.

by Anonymousreply 133July 10, 2024 1:05 AM

R123- That's far more tolerable than the HORRIBLE word abbreviation that the Brits use which is

VEG

which reminds one of VAG

by Anonymousreply 134July 10, 2024 1:15 AM

Confusing or missing directional signage in airports. Logan and National being two of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 135July 10, 2024 1:32 AM

I'm not being original but I can't help myself-

TATTOOS

by Anonymousreply 136July 10, 2024 1:38 AM

People who don’t use their turn signals. Or they wait until they’ve already started going into their turn

by Anonymousreply 137July 10, 2024 1:51 AM

People who say "COOL BEANS!"

EAT SHIT ASSHOLE!

by Anonymousreply 138July 10, 2024 1:55 AM

At airports , people who wait until they get to the front of the security line before they start to remove their metal gear. Prepare, people !!

by Anonymousreply 139July 10, 2024 2:11 AM

People who wear their photo work IDs on a lanyard or their waistband. I don't want to look at your crotch to check your photo ID. Wear it near your face, you twit.

by Anonymousreply 140July 10, 2024 2:57 AM

R124, regarding the drivers who hurry to merge: My Mother, sister, and I were on are way to Point Pleasant, NJ one sunny Saturday morning. As there always is, there was a long line of cars exiting 440S to get on the Garden State Parkway South exit. Along comes some young ass, zooming down on the shoulder to cut everyone off. One thing he didn't count on? The NJ State Troopers had started sitting at the exact merge spot to catch these drivers. As we calmly drove by, there he was, waiting for his ticket. One of the best memories of that torturous drive (it was at least 90 minutes down and 2 hours back from where we lived in northern NJ).

by Anonymousreply 141July 10, 2024 1:26 PM

Women in gay men’s spaces

Women’s shrill loud voices

Women, basically

by Anonymousreply 142July 10, 2024 1:34 PM

Women who make every decision for their husbands

by Anonymousreply 143July 10, 2024 1:36 PM

I went into the Home Depot garden section the other day. A good-looking kid who worked there was in the little kiosk where you pay. When he wasn't waiting on people he kept coming out to sit on a box to look at his phone. He waited on me, I bought three pots of flowers to plant. Afterwards he went out again to sit on the box and look at his phone. Nothing about this bothered me until I realized I was going to need a cart to take the plants to my car. I asked him, "Are there any carriages around?" He nodded to one about 7 or 8 feet away from him. I had to pull it out from behind some shrubs, where it was stuck. He never lifted a finger.

by Anonymousreply 144July 10, 2024 1:39 PM

R144 that is, unfortunately, the norm in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 145July 10, 2024 4:06 PM

Cooking videos with vocal fry woman who say "salt, pep, vin, acid, crunch, mixy mixy". I could go on for days about what annoys me. But I can best sum it up by saying, people annoy me. People annoy the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2024 4:14 PM

R144 and R145, I agree. I experience this at the check out in the supermarket. Cashiers in their late teens or twenties will sit there doing nothing after they've rung you up but you are still bagging your items. The older cashiers always take one of my bags to help me bag my goods.

by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2024 4:40 PM

R79, bicyclists are not annoyed by pedestrians on sidewalks. They are annoyed by pedestrians on BIKE PATHS who are constantly surprised and annoyed that bikers are behind them while they saunter along 4 abreast.

by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2024 4:55 PM

Cyclists are God's representatives on earth. They deserve special consideration in all things. They are never wrong. Not ever. They deserve their own biggest assholes without ammunition using weapons thread.

by Anonymousreply 149July 10, 2024 5:00 PM

[quote] Friends who cannot do anything without their partner. Sometimes I want to have lunch with the friend, not the friend and their plus one.

Ugh, hate this.

by Anonymousreply 150July 10, 2024 5:14 PM

Guys who do that waxed twirl thing on their mustaches.

by Anonymousreply 151July 10, 2024 6:48 PM

When Target won’t take my personal check!

by Anonymousreply 152July 10, 2024 6:56 PM

R49 does not understand that a transitive verb often uses an implied direct object.

R45/R49 annoys because she is trying to cover one error with another.

R45/R49 is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 153July 10, 2024 8:15 PM

It annoys me when a person will walk past 6 vacant (in either direction) treadmills at the gym to plant themselves directly NEXT TO ME. I do not want your sweaty fat ass next to me. Ever hear of social distancing (and no, I don't mean for covid purposes)?

by Anonymousreply 154July 10, 2024 9:48 PM

Long-windedness.

by Anonymousreply 155July 10, 2024 9:55 PM

When my dogs shit all day long. Oh well

by Anonymousreply 156July 10, 2024 10:23 PM

Fucking automated phone trees.

Fucking HIRE someone. Maybe my problem isn’t I want to increase my credit limit, check your hours or make a payment, asshole!

Maybe I need to talk to someone about going out of the country and alerting you so you don’t cancel my card while I’m overseas.

I fucking HATE those fucking automated phone trees. I usually start swearing at them.

by Anonymousreply 157July 10, 2024 10:50 PM

When you call a doctor's office to make an appointment but the wait time on the phone is so long you have to agree to have THEM call YOU back or you'd be waiting to talk to somebody for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 158July 10, 2024 11:40 PM

Boo boo I’m a big cunt flap

by Anonymousreply 159July 11, 2024 12:15 AM

My left ass cheek

by Anonymousreply 160July 11, 2024 12:27 AM

You know when people pull out in front of you and there’s an empty road behind you? I don’t let it upset me because I believe it is an irresistible impulse in certain humans and they can’t help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 161July 11, 2024 8:33 AM

when you want to click onto a topic in the DL menu and the cursor jumps to the top of the list.

by Anonymousreply 162July 11, 2024 10:39 AM

The use of the present tense to describe something that happened in the past- used increasingly on news stations like NPR. Storifying something doesn't make what is being said more "alive" and interesting.

On a related note, the weird use of "1900s", like "The Beatles were a popular musical group in the 1900s".

by Anonymousreply 163July 11, 2024 10:42 AM

Marry me, R163. The use of the present tense is increasingly prevalent in travel writing, for some reason. It’s beyond annoying and a ridiculous affectation.

by Anonymousreply 164July 11, 2024 12:15 PM

The Beatles are a popular musical group in the 1900s ?🥹

by Anonymousreply 165July 11, 2024 12:33 PM

Hot/good looking guys that I'm invisible to.

by Anonymousreply 166July 11, 2024 1:54 PM

Yes R165- I work with several people born >1995 and they seem to think that "1900s" is the same as saying "20th century".

by Anonymousreply 167July 11, 2024 3:24 PM

You might try being less Asian r166

by Anonymousreply 168July 11, 2024 3:25 PM

R168- I am asian. A certain type of asian-

CAUCasian.

by Anonymousreply 169July 11, 2024 3:38 PM

R147 That's interesting. Where I go they have baggers. They're actually not too bad but one thing that annoys me in the supermarket is that the cashier will say, "How are you?" and I'll say, "Fine, how are you?" Then the person won't answer me. I don't have great manners, either, probably, but it aggravates me to have to answer the question, then not get an answer to my question. Like: You made me answer you, now you won't answer me.

You probably have to be there.

by Anonymousreply 170July 11, 2024 3:47 PM

I’m confused by r141. The folks that merge at the end of a merge section are doing things right. You wait till the end to do the zipper. You don’t leave the moment a sign shows the lane ending. That causes more traffic and issues. I too wait till the lane actually merges to merge. I assume r141’s driver got a ticket for speeding, not for using the merge lane to merge at the end.

But maybe r142 didn’t explain it well n

by Anonymousreply 171July 11, 2024 3:57 PM

R147 and the older cashiers still ended up with the same amount of money in their pocket but more aches and pains for doing extra work. I get why the kids are working smarter, not harder today. Customer accept this race to the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 172July 11, 2024 3:59 PM

The 1900s are the 20th century just like the 1800s are the nineteenth century. It sounds weird to us oldies, but the young’uns aren’t wrong.

It annoys me how many of my favorite restaurants no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 173July 11, 2024 4:09 PM

R150 I get this. I have an old friend I will talk to on the phone and have good conversations with, but we have never gotten together in person for years, without his partner in tow.

by Anonymousreply 174July 11, 2024 4:12 PM

I have a friend who I've known for years, and we have a few other old friends in common. One of our friends is a woman whose birthday is over a month later than mine, but every year the first woman says to me: "Let's get together to celebrate both your birthdays." She asks another person (a guy) to come, as well.

Six or seven weeks after my birthday, I've forgotten about it. I don't feel like celebrating it in the spring when my birthday is in the winter. This person just does it because she knows she has to celebrate the other woman's birthday (her oldest, best friend), at the time of the birthday--and wants to kill two birds with one stone by retroactively including me.

It just never sat right with me, so last year I told her, no thanks. Not with bitterness, I just said truthfully it's not my birthday, it's the other person's, and I'll celebrate that, but I feel like an afterthought if you try to tack me on the end on of it. She didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 175July 11, 2024 4:28 PM

R171, you must live in some enchanted area where drivers are polite. Where I live you would be taking your life in your hands if you got to the end of the merge lane and tried to merge.

by Anonymousreply 176July 11, 2024 5:00 PM

Merge, shmerge!

by Anonymousreply 177July 11, 2024 5:02 PM

House guests. Get a hotel please.

by Anonymousreply 178July 11, 2024 5:10 PM

Posters who fill this kind of thread with things that annoy them while driving. Most of the world drives (and parks) poorly nowadays. The roads we have were made for 1970s traffic patterns and population numbers, and listening to people whine about it gets dull over the course of 600 posts. I suggest creating separate driving complaint threads, such as "Things that annoy you while driving."

by Anonymousreply 179July 11, 2024 5:24 PM

Hall monitors annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 180July 11, 2024 5:34 PM

[quote] The roads we have were made for 1970s traffic patterns and population numbers, and listening to people whine about it gets dull over the course of 600 posts.

So I guess that is a thing that annoys you, R179

by Anonymousreply 181July 11, 2024 5:40 PM

Indian givers. Or whatever the politically correct term is. I've had friends try to pressure me to give something back that they've given me (an old printer, stuff like that) if they notice I'm not using it. "Hey, if you're not using that, mine broke down, think I could have it back?" Like it still belongs to them. Obviously, they wouldn't ask me to give them something I got from someone else, or bought.

I ignored a person who did this, and they kept it up--their mom even mentioned it to me. So I dropped it off where they lived. Haven't spoken since.

by Anonymousreply 182July 11, 2024 5:48 PM

When you give something away, it's not yours any more...

by Anonymousreply 183July 11, 2024 5:49 PM

I hate accepting old stuff from people because of crap like r182's annoying experience. Right now I have a friend who wants me to take an old A/C unit from her for "whatever I think I should pay." I know if I took it, I would likely just be renting it.

by Anonymousreply 184July 11, 2024 5:56 PM

[quote] Indian givers. Or whatever the politically correct term is.

Huh? So difficult? The "Indians" never gave anything and took it back. That's something made up to justify what happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 185July 11, 2024 6:08 PM

R185 I'm sorry. Not trying to offend anyone. To me it's a general term devoid of whatever its original meaning is. I would gladly use a different term if you'll let me know what it is.

by Anonymousreply 186July 11, 2024 6:30 PM

R186, I’m not 185, but how about something like, “It really annoys me when someone gives me something and then later wants it back.”?

by Anonymousreply 187July 11, 2024 6:42 PM

R185 it refers to white people’s duplicity in “giving” reservation land and then grabbing it back if anything valuable was found under it. There is an implied “to”

by Anonymousreply 188July 11, 2024 7:29 PM

A DVD that only plays once. It's like Mission Impossible.

by Anonymousreply 189July 11, 2024 9:38 PM

R166 totally confusing

by Anonymousreply 190July 11, 2024 10:00 PM

R190- It annoys me that Hot/Good looking guys don't notice me anymore. I'm invisible to them

by Anonymousreply 191July 11, 2024 11:54 PM

[quote] Time's a wasting. We're not getting any younger.

And yet... here you are, wasting plenty of time on Datalounge! Go figure!

by Anonymousreply 192July 12, 2024 12:30 AM

Colleagues who stand in the middle of the hallway to chat.

by Anonymousreply 193July 12, 2024 2:24 AM

R113 reminded me of how I would always get in the same compartment as my mom in a revolving door. It was our private joke.

by Anonymousreply 194July 12, 2024 8:08 AM

People, generally.

by Anonymousreply 195July 12, 2024 11:52 AM

I find it annoying to give someone a gift and then they openly tell me that they donated it to charity, threw it out, got rid of it. Fine, message received.

by Anonymousreply 196July 12, 2024 12:30 PM

Worse is lending something to a person who never gives it back.

Or you finally ask about it after a year and they threw it out...

by Anonymousreply 197July 12, 2024 12:31 PM

r197 I learned in my 20s that I should only loan stuff that I never expected to see again.

And that I should only loan money that I didn't expect back.

It saves a lot of frustration.

by Anonymousreply 198July 12, 2024 12:35 PM

R187 Yes, that's much more concise.

by Anonymousreply 199July 12, 2024 6:15 PM

r197 it took me awhile, but I learned that lesson as well.

Can I live without out? Sure, I'll lend it to you.

Do I NEED the $50 at this moment? No? Sure, I'll lend it to you.

by Anonymousreply 200July 12, 2024 8:28 PM

Let’s be troll is tedious

by Anonymousreply 201July 12, 2024 9:51 PM

People who talk or listen to things on speakerphone in public. I hope you die.

by Anonymousreply 202July 12, 2024 10:02 PM

Teri, if you kill one and I get to be on your jury, you will not spend one day in jail.

by Anonymousreply 203July 12, 2024 10:06 PM

Companies that post their phone number as words and don't also include the number, so you have to peer at your handset to dial.

by Anonymousreply 204July 12, 2024 11:26 PM

People who walk in the bike lanes on the bike path I ride every night instead of on the side that is CLEARLY marked for walking. People who ride their bikes toward me in the wrong lane of the bike path and just expect me to move. I don't. Almost hit a guy once doing this. It's always men. People who don't look behind them before stepping into the bike path directly in front of me People who let their tiny toddlers ride their bikes all over the bike path and who often pull out right in front of me

by Anonymousreply 205July 12, 2024 11:33 PM

Supermarkets who have their cleaners still working after the store opens. Do that shit when the store is closed so shoppers don't have to confront mountains of debris and also dodge the cleaning tank.

by Anonymousreply 206July 13, 2024 12:45 AM

I HATE when someone agrees to pick you up from the airport, you confirm the arrival time, text to confirm you are departing on-time, and they can track the flight themselves, yet when you land they haven’t even left home.

My family pulls this shit and it’s extremely disrespectful. Then they wonder why I don’t like to visit. I’m not saying you need to be in the cell phone lot waiting when I land, but fuck, be at least a tad considerate.

Currently visit my dad.

by Anonymousreply 207July 13, 2024 12:55 PM

R207 you have options: taxis, car services, public transport. My dad had the good sense to send a local car service to pick me up - so much less hassle for the family and puts money in the pocket of some working stiff.

by Anonymousreply 208July 13, 2024 1:18 PM

people who fart then deny it.

by Anonymousreply 209July 13, 2024 1:20 PM

QR codes. Any eating establishment that requires scanning a QR code to access the menu and/or to order and pay can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 210July 13, 2024 1:27 PM

Eating establishments are soon going to learn the errors of their way. QR menus, bullshit pricing, charging the patron the cc service fee (a lot around my area have started doing this), minimal staffing (thanks, $15/hr. minimum wage...which I was all for!), etc.

by Anonymousreply 211July 13, 2024 1:51 PM

Pedanticism

by Anonymousreply 212July 13, 2024 4:06 PM

Tan/brown leather shoes with a navy suit—NO THANK YOU!

by Anonymousreply 213July 13, 2024 4:42 PM

dark brown leather looks great with navy.

it's black that I have a tough time accepting with any brown leather shoes.

by Anonymousreply 214July 13, 2024 4:44 PM

Cordovan with gray is acceptable. Brown shoes look mud covered overtime.

by Anonymousreply 215July 13, 2024 4:58 PM

Yeah, dark brown and navy are fine, IMO. Black and brown is the problem, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 216July 13, 2024 5:14 PM

R208, the point is that when someone commits, or in my family’s case, insists on picking you up at a designated time, then it’s very annoying when they don’t have their shit together.

Yes, I know I can coordinate my own travel, but it’s not about me needing a ride, it’s about others not sticking to their pre-approved commitments.

by Anonymousreply 217July 13, 2024 5:15 PM

Yeah, it's awkward, but I think you can just tell Dad or whoever: "I'm taking an Uber from the airport." Honestly, that is the healthy, adult thing to do.

I don't mean to lecture you, R217, but I've been through this shit with my own family. I'm a lot older, now, and it does take two to be dysfunctional, is what I realized.

by Anonymousreply 218July 13, 2024 5:25 PM

Are you British, R21? What you described applies on the Underground, if I remember correctly. Much more efficient.

by Anonymousreply 219July 13, 2024 5:49 PM

R208 Why do you miss the point so willingly? One could say, "My sister was supposed to come to dinner and bring the opening course, and came 2 hours late." And your response might be, "Well, you could have ordered out, gone and picked up food, made it yourself..."

The parties made an agreed-upon deal. One person was there, the other was not, they were late. If they couldn't do it, they shouldn't have made the offer. It's called being a responsible and reliable person. When people are not, it's annoying af.

by Anonymousreply 220July 13, 2024 8:31 PM

[quote]Things that annoy you

The Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 221July 13, 2024 8:33 PM

R221 So brave!

by Anonymousreply 222July 13, 2024 8:33 PM

Once you know they aren’t reliable, you stop relying on them.

by Anonymousreply 223July 13, 2024 8:33 PM

R223 The family insisted. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. You can't have fight with them if they're insisting they're going to pick you up.

At any rate, these threads always descend into victim blaming. People are encouraged to post things that annoy them , then they get Piled on by people telling them it's all their fault. Always the same baiting.

by Anonymousreply 224July 13, 2024 8:40 PM

r207 as got older, I realized how it's a pain in the ass to pick people up from airports so I refuse to do it unless they fly into the local airport which is Burbank because it's about 5 mins from my house. If it's a large, international airport, like LAX they can get an uber or take a shuttle service. Large airports are difficult to navigate and once you become an adult, you don't ask favors like that. If it's offered that's different but I still recognize that it's a pain so I usually turn them down. Adults don't ask other adults for favors that are infringing on someone else's life...like help moving or picking people up from places where there are options.

by Anonymousreply 225July 13, 2024 8:47 PM

and now that I see it was offered, yeah that's fucked up. -225

by Anonymousreply 226July 13, 2024 8:49 PM

People who claim they can't post a link because they're on their phone. Come on, it isn't THAT difficult.

by Anonymousreply 227July 14, 2024 12:11 AM

[quote]People who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot.

People like this one ^^^ who are convinced that returning carts is some marker of the virtuous. It's not. No more than throwing huge wads of money at food servers is virtuous when it's usually discussed at least to show how flush they are and how stingy and poor the rest of the fuckers out there. If you're so fucking virtuous, I should never hear it from your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 228July 14, 2024 12:34 AM

Folks who still can't figure out how to post an R with a number after it (without a space or a dash) as a reply to someone's post.

by Anonymousreply 229July 14, 2024 1:58 AM

People with bad aim.

by Anonymousreply 230July 14, 2024 2:05 AM

R52 - also the paper lids that never seem to peel off in one piece. And some plastic ones need a Hercules to peel back.

by Anonymousreply 231July 14, 2024 2:10 AM

R228 get help for your rage posting.

by Anonymousreply 232July 14, 2024 3:28 AM

Squeaky shoes.

by Anonymousreply 233July 14, 2024 3:42 AM

People who always have an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 234July 14, 2024 3:55 AM

People holding forth as experts on other countries when they have zero experience with those countries.

by Anonymousreply 235July 14, 2024 4:13 AM

[quote]People who talk or listen to things on speakerphone in public. I hope you die.

Especially people who aren’t multitasking and hold the phone in front of their mouth parallel to the ground. Somehow even more annoying when you are the one they are talking to.

by Anonymousreply 236July 14, 2024 4:27 AM

Fascists who escape death by mere millimeters.

by Anonymousreply 237July 14, 2024 6:08 AM

TikTok, YouTube videos where someone adopts, rescues a pet, people's comments, "thank you for saving that precious thing." "you're a savior", "thank you. the world needs more people like you" etc.

Who the fuck are you to thank anyone? As if you've been chosen as the spokesperson for pet lovers.

Oh, and pup cups. What exactly are those? Your pets are animals!

by Anonymousreply 238July 14, 2024 11:46 AM

R33 I'm not sure about this. Pretty much every time someone has almost hit me pulling out of a parking space, or almost hit another car or pedestrian, they were backed into the space and coming straight out. I think that people feel like they can see everything and therefore pull out way quicker than usual, when they actually can't see as much as they think. A lot of modern cars are just too big to see a kid in front of you period, unless they're fairly far away, and the cars to the sides of you will potentially block your view of a pedestrian who is very close. Especially if those cars are big too. I think it's easier to accidentally lurch quickly a few feet when you first touch the pedal in drive than reverse. Of course I've seen people irresponsibly back out of spaces and nearly hit my grocery cart or something, but always moving way way way slower. I see someone shoot forward out of a parking space that I couldn't see because it was between two giant SUVs/Jeeps/Trucks all the time, they're hitting like 20 as soon as they possibly can.

by Anonymousreply 239July 14, 2024 12:02 PM

Tables of loud talking and laughing women in an otherwise quiet restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 240July 14, 2024 12:07 PM

When I sweat around my mouth after applying sunscreen

by Anonymousreply 241July 14, 2024 4:24 PM

When my sunglasses get fogged up.

by Anonymousreply 242July 14, 2024 4:26 PM

Phimosis.

by Anonymousreply 243July 14, 2024 5:56 PM

People who walk right into the path, behind your moving car, while exiting a parking space. Also those who bolt in front of the drivers in the lane at the front of the store, they don't even bother to look. Also those who walk their carts diagonally while drivers are waiting. Don't get me started on what happens inside the store...

by Anonymousreply 244July 14, 2024 6:14 PM

The words "kiddos," "littles," "doggos," "puppers," and "yummy" (or variations thereof).

by Anonymousreply 245July 14, 2024 6:38 PM

hubby, hubs

by Anonymousreply 246July 14, 2024 7:02 PM

R224 You are such a victim. I hope your life improves.

by Anonymousreply 247July 14, 2024 7:03 PM

R247 I wasn't talking about myself. *shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 248July 14, 2024 7:06 PM

Lol ! ;-)

by Anonymousreply 249July 14, 2024 7:20 PM

All gossips!

by Anonymousreply 250July 14, 2024 11:14 PM

Accounts on YouTube or Twitter that incessantly push their Substack accounts.

by Anonymousreply 251July 14, 2024 11:35 PM

R249 Not sure it's worth replying again to you but I was talking about the replies to the person who talked about being picked up at the airport, who wasn't me.

by Anonymousreply 252July 14, 2024 11:37 PM

[quote] Squeaky shoes.

That isn't nearly as bad as flip flops, the very name expresses how noisy they are. Some people can walk in them and barely make any noise, others it is like the drum corp of a marching band.

by Anonymousreply 253July 14, 2024 11:38 PM

The name flip flop describes what they do, not what they sound like...

by Anonymousreply 254July 14, 2024 11:57 PM

People who say “wiggle room” when they mean “wriggle room”.

by Anonymousreply 255July 15, 2024 12:56 AM

Email that I delete on Outlook that keeps appearing back in the In File.

by Anonymousreply 256July 15, 2024 1:59 AM

Stickers on fruits and vegetables.

Re-arranged grocery stores.

Myself. I annoy the bejeebers out of myself.

by Anonymousreply 257July 15, 2024 3:39 AM

People who say “fruits”.

by Anonymousreply 258July 15, 2024 3:42 AM

Stickers on anything, really.

When I see YouTubers drinking out of a coffee mug, and there's a sticker on the bottom, I am annoyed.

I also see cookware that's gone into the oven: sticker still on the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 259July 15, 2024 3:43 AM

People who say “anyways,” instead of “anyway.”

People who say “I seen,” instead of “I saw.”

People who refer to the ground as “the floor."

by Anonymousreply 260July 15, 2024 4:52 AM

I hear, more often, people referring to the floor as the ground. Anything underfoot is "the ground." (To them.)

by Anonymousreply 261July 15, 2024 4:57 AM

Are you a drop-out, r258?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 15, 2024 5:16 AM

Oops. Link should have been to Webster's, which states that the PLURAL of "fruit" in my context is "FRUITS."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 15, 2024 5:22 AM

Using Facebook on a touch-screen phone. I end up liking things I don't want to and clicking on never-ending ads.

by Anonymousreply 264July 15, 2024 6:35 AM

That’s because FB has fucked up scrolling issues. Even on my desktop.

by Anonymousreply 265July 15, 2024 7:10 AM

R261 I never hear anyone say that.

by Anonymousreply 266July 15, 2024 11:30 AM

People who say that they could care less, when they mean that they *couldn't* care less.

People who say eKcetera instead of eTcetera.

by Anonymousreply 267July 15, 2024 12:24 PM

The annoyance associated with yacht sleepovers is just great.

by Anonymousreply 268July 15, 2024 12:38 PM

Apologies, R174. R141 here. My post was more about people who drive on the shoulder to skirt long lines than about merging.

by Anonymousreply 269July 15, 2024 1:14 PM

Fruits who say "fruits".

by Anonymousreply 270July 15, 2024 3:34 PM

R260 I love saying anywhosen with a slight Richard Simmons affect

by Anonymousreply 271July 15, 2024 3:44 PM

Mustard "water" that comes out before the mustard, even if you've shaken the plastic squeeze container first.

by Anonymousreply 272July 15, 2024 7:47 PM

Agreed, R272. Along with that liquid shitting sound it makes.

by Anonymousreply 273July 15, 2024 7:55 PM

The ugly, harmful and degrading word "queer."

Bury the word in the ash heap of history where it belongs.

by Anonymousreply 274July 15, 2024 8:14 PM

Much more than just annoys me...mutilating baby boy penises is infuriating and should be outlawed.

by Anonymousreply 275July 15, 2024 8:15 PM

Phimosis.

by Anonymousreply 276July 15, 2024 11:27 PM

The term "showrunner."

by Anonymousreply 277July 16, 2024 2:00 AM

Facebook's cockblocking

2 mutual friends: "OK, that checks out. Proceed."

125 mutual friends: "No. It looks like you might not know this person."

by Anonymousreply 278July 16, 2024 2:42 AM

Having to endure a BOUT of GOUT 😞

by Anonymousreply 279July 16, 2024 2:44 AM

Junk mail. Why does this still exist?

by Anonymousreply 280July 16, 2024 2:47 AM

“Dropped," instead of “released.”

Big Brother—a bunch of wannabes jockeying for camera time.

Drew Carey. He’s totally destroyed The Price is Right, with his mumbling, unfamiliarity with the games, and poor sense of timing. Bob Barker drove that show like a chariot. Drew Carey drives it like a three-wheeled Pinto running out of gas.

by Anonymousreply 281July 16, 2024 2:56 AM

Grown women referring to their “Mommy” or “Daddy.”

by Anonymousreply 282July 17, 2024 7:02 PM

Men wearing loose fitting pants

by Anonymousreply 283July 18, 2024 12:07 AM

People in Australia who wear sweaters and wool scarves inside in winter when it’s 60 degrees outside.

by Anonymousreply 284July 18, 2024 1:37 AM

People who lack empathy, self-awareness, and dignity. There are more people moving into our formerly quiet neighborhood with huge extended families in one house. Our neighbors have cars with intentionally loud, rumbly engines, and they rev them anytime they leave (sometimes at 1am). These are the same people who park against the direction of traffic in our residential neighborhood, and doing donuts in front of our house. They have 5-6 cars filling their driveway, and spilling out into the street. Sometimes, they’ll burn rubber until gray smoke and stench cover the surrounding houses. They have loud, drunken parties on weekends, sometimes until 3am, then they yell and scream at each other as their guest leave. One time I couldn’t sleep, and I heard them saying, “I’m so damn wasted! What time you wanna go to church tomorrow?"

by Anonymousreply 285July 18, 2024 5:07 AM

R284 we don’t live on Mars - 60 degrees is BAKING!

Oh, you meant Fahrenheit - you Americans are quaint!

Besides it’s the one month of the year when we get to wear the fabulous knitwear that otherwise only ever comes out when we’re skiing in Whistler, Niseko or Cortina - anything to escape the Xmas heat.

by Anonymousreply 286July 18, 2024 5:18 AM

Cock Rings/Shaved Pubic Hair

ESPECIALLY cock rings

by Anonymousreply 287July 18, 2024 4:13 PM

People who smell like a cat litterbox.

by Anonymousreply 288July 19, 2024 12:04 AM

Cobwebs.

by Anonymousreply 289July 19, 2024 12:06 AM

Canada Geese who come into my yard at night while I'm sleeping and shit all over the place. I just shooed a bunch of them.

by Anonymousreply 290July 19, 2024 1:10 AM

Uber drivers who can't be bothered to say hello. If he can't bother, I can't bother tipping or giving more than two starts.

by Anonymousreply 291July 19, 2024 1:17 AM

^^^stars

by Anonymousreply 292July 19, 2024 1:52 AM

People who say or write things like "His death forever changed us." It's clunky. Not sure on the grammar. His death changed us forever.

by Anonymousreply 293July 19, 2024 2:08 AM

That banks can hold a check for a week without depositing the money into your account.

by Anonymousreply 294July 19, 2024 2:43 AM

Toxic positivity

The lack of vocal training in the media—news reporters and anchors who sound like drunk college girls and mush-mouth guys; commercial voiceovers where the artists have vocal fry, upspeak, or ghetto taint; and actors who mumble, slur, and sound stupid.

Brazenly religious people

by Anonymousreply 295July 19, 2024 4:49 AM

Trees with long bushy branches at intersections. Trim those suckers, I can't see who's coming.

by Anonymousreply 296July 19, 2024 5:00 AM

Speaking of that, r296, I hate fucking bushes. Like the ones up next to people’s houses.

Trim the fucking things! They’re not supposed to cover you windows or hang over on the sidewalk! WTF!

If it’s too much to trim them, rip the fuckers out and put in grass instead.

by Anonymousreply 297July 19, 2024 5:06 AM

Trim your bushes, guys and gals.

by Anonymousreply 298July 19, 2024 7:54 AM

Drivers who tailgate.

by Anonymousreply 299July 19, 2024 10:33 AM

^Trim your goddamn bushes, I can’t see anything!

by Anonymousreply 300July 19, 2024 10:33 AM

R300- No.

A FULL forest 🌳 is best/sexiest.

I’ve NEVER trimmed down there. If anyone ever told me I should I would tell them to get lost.

by Anonymousreply 301July 19, 2024 10:50 AM

People who monkey wrench their Covid Concerns into group plans.

by Anonymousreply 302July 19, 2024 12:12 PM

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Has it already devolved into this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 19, 2024 12:30 PM

Spectrum Cable’s news programming in Los Angeles.

Between the newscasters with distracting speech impediments, the horrific use of out-of-focus live feeds from “experts” on Zoom, the triple-Vaselined lenses used to film Gisele Fernandez, and the skinny anchor who invariably wears unflattering mock turtlenecks, it’s DL catnip.

I estimate their total daily budget at $211 plus an expired Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon.

by Anonymousreply 304July 19, 2024 3:02 PM

Waiting to pick up my prescriptions for fifty minutes because there is only one person working at the counter and people have a rash of issues that delay, delay, delay. Why doesn't Kroger hire more people to work in the pharmacy? They've slashed that budget, according to the employees.

by Anonymousreply 305July 19, 2024 6:49 PM

People who assert that full male bushes are full of inherent problems and must be trimmed. So you get a pubic hair stuck in your teeth; it's a reminder of the good time you had while blowing him. As long as the guy is clean, I'll stroke those locks to my heart's content.

by Anonymousreply 306July 19, 2024 6:52 PM

The state of the American chain pharmacy: Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid — they're all terrible. Half-empty shelves, dirty, understaffed. And the payment pad: just let me sign, don't ask for my "loyalty card" or have me take a survey, give me a choice of receipts, etc. Let me get my generic Band-Aids and $8.99 greeting card and GO.

by Anonymousreply 307July 19, 2024 8:00 PM

Long-established actresses who change their professional name when they get married. Followed by the awkward transition back to their old name after the inevitable divorce.

Feel free to use your new name on your driver's license and in your personal life, but leave us out of it.

by Anonymousreply 308July 19, 2024 9:44 PM

Or worse, R308, suddenly START using their husband’s last name and getting all Jesus-y the minute their husband is caught with his pants down.

by Anonymousreply 309July 19, 2024 9:53 PM

People who type “for fuck sake” when they mean “for fuck’s sake”.

by Anonymousreply 310July 20, 2024 4:16 AM

Haha, r308. I saw a magazine cover years ago trumpeting an interview with the then newly married "Eva Longoria-Parker".

I knew as soon as I read her new name, that marriage wouldn't last.

by Anonymousreply 311July 20, 2024 9:08 AM

My life is an everything bagel of annoyances and irritants.

by Anonymousreply 312July 20, 2024 12:57 PM

My mom would do a very annoying thing when I shopped for her. After I got all the groceries she asked for and unpacked them, she would say something like, “Did you get the half and half?” I would reply, “You didn’t tell me you wanted me to get half a half.” “Well, you know I use half an half.” “But I didn’t know you were out of it.” “Of course I’m out of it, you haven’t bought any for two weeks.” Then I’d have to go back to the store and get it.

by Anonymousreply 313July 20, 2024 8:08 PM

^^moms and wives everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 314July 20, 2024 8:22 PM

I went into a Walgreen's and bought a bag of Dove chocolates. I went home, opened the bag, and immediately saw the chocolates were not fresh. I looked at the bag. The chocolates expired nine months earlier, and no one at Walgreen's was keeping track on what's on the shelf.

by Anonymousreply 315July 20, 2024 11:36 PM

I've bought bad Dove chocolates in the past. They turn kind of hard and powdery.

by Anonymousreply 316July 20, 2024 11:51 PM

My draw-string pajama bottoms that keep falling down.

by Anonymousreply 317July 20, 2024 11:59 PM

Overly crass people like r306

by Anonymousreply 318July 21, 2024 12:02 AM

Watching a movie on cable with commercial breaks every 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 319July 21, 2024 1:33 AM

When my car shows an alert. I got one today, change oil filter. Nuisance.

by Anonymousreply 320July 21, 2024 1:42 AM

R20 a friend who repairs escalators says their out-of-order often because people walk up and down, throwing off the balance of steps.

by Anonymousreply 321July 21, 2024 2:14 AM

(1) People who say "My wife and myself" .... (2) Traffic and Weathercasters who say "Further North," instead of "Farther North." ... (3) Using" Preventative" when "Preventive" has same meaning.

by Anonymousreply 322July 21, 2024 2:21 AM

R321 they’re *

by Anonymousreply 323July 21, 2024 2:37 AM

R261, On local TV news, people who see man shot on the sidewalk or in the street say "he was on the floor."

by Anonymousreply 324July 21, 2024 2:48 AM

People who use the word "literally" when the word "actually" would be appropriate. Or using neither word at all because what they're saying isn't too compelling.

by Anonymousreply 325July 21, 2024 2:53 AM

When I was waiter, it annoyed me when customers put their paper napkins and used sugar packets on the plate when finished and then piled plates. Also, after giving the folder with check, customers didn't know to stand it up or put on edge of table to let servers know payment is inside.

by Anonymousreply 326July 21, 2024 3:03 AM

They're going to demolish my local mall and build apartment buildings.

by Anonymousreply 327July 21, 2024 3:19 AM

I watched SNL tonight and it seems like every local commercial ended with the owner of the business saying we're (insert community name) strong. When did that shit start?

by Anonymousreply 328July 21, 2024 5:17 AM

Easily startled people. You know, the ones who practically jump out of their socks if the phone rings, or someone walks into the room, or the light switch makes a click when someone turns it on. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 329July 21, 2024 5:30 AM

Loud sneezing.

This might be person-specific. I went on a trip with a friend and, by the end of the trip, we started to get on each other's nerves. I hated hearing the loud sneezes.

by Anonymousreply 330July 21, 2024 6:21 AM

I would annoy you, r329. I startle VERY easily.

by Anonymousreply 331July 21, 2024 10:09 AM

R331 is my dog.

by Anonymousreply 332July 21, 2024 10:22 AM

grammar nazis r322

by Anonymousreply 333July 21, 2024 10:56 AM

when they say the man was on the ground when he was inside and on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 334July 21, 2024 10:58 AM

The phrases:

1. Not all heroes wear capes

2. I love you to the moon and back. What the fuck does that EVEN mean?

3. etc.

by Anonymousreply 335July 21, 2024 11:27 AM

Jehovah’s Witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 336July 21, 2024 11:43 AM

The fact that nobody tucks their shirt in any more.

by Anonymousreply 337July 21, 2024 12:15 PM

people who stand still and clog up travelators by standing two abreast.

Drivers who steal carpark spaces by jumping the queue, then being a dick about it by pulling faces and finger signs.

by Anonymousreply 338July 21, 2024 1:42 PM

Microfiber dish towels.

by Anonymousreply 339July 21, 2024 2:08 PM

Posters who link to paywalled articles, or even ones that you have to create a free account to log in and read the item.

Just use an archive link.

by Anonymousreply 340July 21, 2024 2:11 PM

[quote]Job applications that require three professional references.

Your most recent job should be enough. In many cases a professional reference from your previous two jobs could be ten or twenty years ago and that person is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 341July 21, 2024 2:37 PM

I've been told that references aren't even contacted because obviously they are going to give a glowing report.

by Anonymousreply 342July 21, 2024 3:08 PM

Reference checking via Linked In. I get it, but if employers (or prospective employers) are going to do as they please, they at least owe you a head's up. It's kind of sneaky and invasive.

by Anonymousreply 343July 21, 2024 3:32 PM

[quote]People talking on their cell phones in public restrooms.

I have co workers who are on their cell phones in the restroom, taking a shit in a stall. Classy times!

by Anonymousreply 344July 21, 2024 5:08 PM

In a traffic jam on the highway, the people who drive in the breakdown lane to cut in line ahead of everybody else and then merge back into traffic.

These assholes need to be shot.

by Anonymousreply 345July 21, 2024 5:15 PM

People with Trump flags in their front yards. Even in Connecticut of all places I'm seeing this bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346July 21, 2024 5:19 PM

[quote]My supermarket is pushing these “smart carts” that basically bring the self-checkout scanners into your cart. They weigh a ton. Who wants to push that around?

People who aren't out of shape fatasses.

by Anonymousreply 347July 21, 2024 5:39 PM

DLers who think everything is the work of Russians etc. whenever they bump up against an opinion they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 348July 21, 2024 5:43 PM

Guys who text while taking a piss at a urinal. You can't put your phone in your pocket for even 15 seconds to take a piss?

by Anonymousreply 349July 21, 2024 5:44 PM

It can also block the view.

by Anonymousreply 350July 21, 2024 5:45 PM

Modern porn. Back in the day, between hieroglyphics but before the demise of dial up, naked guy on the web used to be just naked guys on the web. I used to surf a guy who took all kinds of shots at Black's Beach in CA, another in upstate NY. Many of us (?) remember Sean Patrick Lies. There was a sexy simplicity and authenticity to it then. Now it's all so slick and manufactured I can roll through a site and find nothing to watch... I admit I miss the plain old days.

by Anonymousreply 351July 21, 2024 5:47 PM

^ LOL... sorry... Sean Patrick Live. I'm sure he was as honest as the day is long.

by Anonymousreply 352July 21, 2024 5:48 PM

People who wear masks outdoors. It annoys me how stupid they are.

by Anonymousreply 353July 21, 2024 7:46 PM

When people who have no qualifications, start their argument with "studies have shown." Did you read the study? Analyze it?

Riigght, did you actually read the study or just parroting what someone else (who didn't read the study) said.

by Anonymousreply 354July 21, 2024 8:33 PM

Tireless Russian farm trolls

by Anonymousreply 355July 21, 2024 8:52 PM

[quote]People with Trump flags in their front yards.

One of our neighbors has 5 Trump banners on the fence around his house. Does he think we have dementia and need reminding every 2 feet? I don't get lawn signs/banners in the first place- why do strangers feel compelled to tell other strangers who they vote for? Are we supposed to knock on their doors and congratulate them?

by Anonymousreply 356July 22, 2024 9:51 AM

The name Lorna Luft.

As a child, I was incredulous when my mother told me my IDOL Judy Garland had a daughter named Lorna Luft. I thought she was pulling my leg, it was SO ugly-sounding.

by Anonymousreply 357July 22, 2024 6:51 PM

[quote] DLers who think everything is the work of Russians etc. whenever they bump up against an opinion they don't like

Sure, Vlad..

by Anonymousreply 358July 22, 2024 7:04 PM

Condoms in porn. Everyone's been tested and is on prep.

by Anonymousreply 359July 22, 2024 7:09 PM

Stupidity

Ugliness

Stench

by Anonymousreply 360July 22, 2024 10:07 PM

Having to recharge my phone battery.

by Anonymousreply 361July 25, 2024 12:18 PM

When my bosses don’t adhere to the calendar I plan so meticulously.

by Anonymousreply 362July 25, 2024 12:23 PM

R357 It probably sounded better to Judy than Frances Gumm.

by Anonymousreply 363July 25, 2024 12:27 PM

Heartburn.

by Anonymousreply 364July 25, 2024 1:02 PM

Lorna Luft is a better name than Sadie Sink.

by Anonymousreply 365July 25, 2024 1:23 PM

Boomer Republicans who just assume you have the same beliefs that they do.

by Anonymousreply 366July 25, 2024 1:33 PM

When men say "We're pregnant" or "we had a miscarriage." No, SHE'S pregnant or SHE had a miscarriage. She's the one doing all the work, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 367July 25, 2024 5:13 PM

THEY are pregnant!

by Anonymousreply 368July 25, 2024 5:17 PM

When a friend cancels a planned meeting at a time he suggested, then says, "Absolutely, I will be there next Thursday night." I plan my day around it. He just cancelled again right now, an hour before the meeting.

The excuses are lame. "He forgot he was meeting another person." He had a week to prepare and didn't remember a prior commitment?

Not sure I will take him up on a reschedule.

by Anonymousreply 369July 25, 2024 6:20 PM

I'm "In the Life," featuring profiles of fringe weirdos who 99% of gay men and lesbians have nothing in common with.

by Anonymousreply 370July 25, 2024 6:25 PM

People at pedestrian crossings who arrive after you while you wait and then when the lights say walk they jump in front of you.

by Anonymousreply 371July 26, 2024 6:31 AM

Countertenors.

by Anonymousreply 372July 26, 2024 7:37 PM

George... never mind the last name

by Anonymousreply 373July 26, 2024 9:49 PM

The DL / M / etc

by Anonymousreply 374July 26, 2024 10:56 PM

I'm 63 so remember those wonderful days before the "smart" phone. Anything about mobile phones annoys me. Anything.

by Anonymousreply 375July 26, 2024 11:08 PM

Use of the word "tragedy" when it's an everyday kind of misfortune.

by Anonymousreply 376July 28, 2024 3:44 AM

When people do stupid things and then turn around and raise tens of thousands on GoFundMe from gullible rubes.

by Anonymousreply 377July 28, 2024 6:26 AM

When some people from New York say "foe-ward" instead of "forward."

by Anonymousreply 378July 29, 2024 12:01 AM

^sounds more like Boston

by Anonymousreply 379July 29, 2024 12:34 AM

No, in Boston (at least Mark's part of Boston) it would be faw-wid.

by Anonymousreply 380July 29, 2024 12:39 AM

People who say the word “button” without pronouncing the Ts.

by Anonymousreply 381July 29, 2024 2:33 AM

Budon? 🫣

WhaT is meanT by your commenT?

by Anonymousreply 382July 29, 2024 3:01 AM

Individuals who leisurely scratch off their lottery tickets in front of the lottery machine regardless of the wait line behind them. I've seen people scratching off crossword lotto tickets, winning, purchasing another ticket, and scratching it off while still standing in front of the machine.

by Anonymousreply 383July 29, 2024 3:09 AM

And the gambling addict Lotto people who get 100 different tickets while everybody standing in line behind them is fuming.

by Anonymousreply 384July 29, 2024 3:18 AM

Cock Rings

by Anonymousreply 385July 29, 2024 3:20 AM

I hate when people sit down at the airport, when they could be standing up. Of course, flying is a motherlode of annoyances, like when you're on a plane and you have to reach up if you have to adjust the air blowing on you. Don't get me started on flight attendants, the way they come by and take away your trash before the plane lands. And the way the pilot insists on slowing down the plane during landing. Ugh.

Then they make you walk all the way from your seat into the terminal. Then you get there, and no matter what time it is, there are all these electric lights...never candlelight.

I also hate shoes and wristwatches and people whose hair isn't quite blond but isn't quite brown.

by Anonymousreply 386July 29, 2024 3:24 AM

AI that coughs or sneezes to make you believe it's human.

by Anonymousreply 387July 29, 2024 3:52 AM

I'm annoyed that I haven't been able to afford to fly anywhere on location for many years.

by Anonymousreply 388July 29, 2024 6:35 AM

Along with the lottery ticket complaints upthread, people who scratch them off in their car and toss the losing tickets out their car windows.

There's a convenience store near me. People go in and purchase their tickets, scratch them off, and toss the losers out the window. The parking lot is LITTERED with them. The winning tickets they automatically redeem for MORE tickets to be scratched off. They see nothing wrong with littering or the hamster wheel they appear to be on.

by Anonymousreply 389July 29, 2024 1:25 PM

Overuse of the word "amazing"

by Anonymousreply 390July 29, 2024 1:39 PM

When people assume Mary's "immaculate conception" means "Jesus was conceived without sex" and assume everyone else thinks so too. Because that's not what it means.

by Anonymousreply 391July 29, 2024 6:51 PM

R391 I never understood it. Please explain.

by Anonymousreply 392July 30, 2024 4:38 AM

It means Mary herself was conceived without Original Sin on her soul. I mean… lucky her 😂.

by Anonymousreply 393July 30, 2024 4:42 AM

No wonder I don't understand Immaculate Conception. I have no idea what Original Sin means.

by Anonymousreply 394July 30, 2024 4:48 AM

I’m a Catholic school survivor. They drummed it into us. We were taught everyone was born with something called Original Sin on our soul because of Adam and Eve eating the apple. Crazy shit!

by Anonymousreply 395July 30, 2024 5:03 AM

Neither do Christians, R392.

by Anonymousreply 396July 30, 2024 5:03 AM

R395 What???? So we're all born to go straight to hell? Is that why Jesus suffered and died for us, to erase Original Sin? If that's true, haven't we all been Immaculately Conceived since his death? I apologize for my ignorance. I'm embarrassed to admit I was born into a Catholic family. Obviously, I'm uninformed in the basics!

by Anonymousreply 397July 30, 2024 5:12 AM

[quote] Parents who hand their toddlers iPads and phones in public spaces (restaurants, airports) and let the kids watch annoying, high-pitched videos and games without earphones.

Had to deal with this a month or two ago in the emergency room at the local hospital.

by Anonymousreply 398July 30, 2024 6:17 AM

Untrustworthy farts.

by Anonymousreply 399July 30, 2024 6:34 AM

R397, no, Jesus’ death did not remove Original Sin from anyone. You still were born with it and had to be baptized to get rid of it. Mary was the only one ever born without Original Sin on her soul. Don’t try to make sense of it. It’s just another way the church controls people, they get you when you’re a freaking baby. Oh, I think the church got rid of Limbo too and released all the babies trapped in there so they could go to Heaven. Limbo was better than Purgatory as far as suffering goes but it still was bad PR for a religion that claimed to be so rabidly pro-baby.

by Anonymousreply 400July 30, 2024 10:36 AM

How do hard-core religious people reconcile all the different belief systems, not just in this age, but since humans have existed, even before? Didn't Neanderthal tribes bury flowers with their dead?

The best religious people are those who admit some aspects of their belief system are...illogical/stupid/weird.

No, I'm not an atheist. I'm just not religious.

by Anonymousreply 401July 30, 2024 12:03 PM

R308- People who call women actors. Which you don’t. You say actresses which I appreciate.

by Anonymousreply 402July 30, 2024 12:33 PM

I don't call women actors and I don't call women waiters, either.

by Anonymousreply 403July 30, 2024 1:10 PM

R403- I like you too.

by Anonymousreply 404July 30, 2024 1:12 PM

The size of baby strollers...they just keep getting larger. I realize it's a lot to travel around with a baby, but they are approaching the size of compact automobiles.

by Anonymousreply 405July 30, 2024 1:14 PM

Vegans.

by Anonymousreply 406July 30, 2024 1:27 PM

The theory is quite basic. The early Church realized that their concept of Christ as savior needed a pure source, that being his mother. If Mary was born with sin, what did that reveal about her son? Thus, her conception was deemed immaculate. And the Marian worship developed from there. In context of church history, it makes sense. Your mileage may vary.

by Anonymousreply 407July 30, 2024 10:47 PM

Mary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408July 30, 2024 10:52 PM

I thought "immaculate conception" meant that God didn't get cum all over the sheets

by Anonymousreply 409July 30, 2024 10:56 PM

When you put the towel in front of you when you’re laying down taking care of business, but you put much too much power into it and end up shooting past it.

by Anonymousreply 410July 30, 2024 11:01 PM

Trolls who don't make the effort to be believable, and who don't keep their characters distinct from each other.

by Anonymousreply 411July 30, 2024 11:04 PM

Restaurants open on weekends, closing on Monday. Too many do it.

by Anonymousreply 412July 30, 2024 11:53 PM

Maybe they cater to the hair-styling community.

by Anonymousreply 413July 31, 2024 12:13 AM

I've said this before, but I hate flip-fucks in porn. Just when they get some momentum going, they change it up. Porn should have a top and a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 414July 31, 2024 3:28 PM

r414 reminds me that I don't like porn that much in which the two guys don't suck each other off. I fast-forward to make sure mutual cocksucking takes place before I commit to most videos. Also, I have no interest in most videos that have more than two actors.

by Anonymousreply 415July 31, 2024 3:37 PM

R381, "Button" is not pronounced "butt-ton," with hard "t"s.

by Anonymousreply 416July 31, 2024 3:50 PM

R403, "Waiters"? At least use the improved new term, "servers." Gender neutral and more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 417July 31, 2024 3:54 PM

R417- and servicers when they're sucking your cock

by Anonymousreply 418July 31, 2024 3:57 PM

Tom Ford always sneaks Lavender into his scents and that was my mom’s scent.

I went with Bond No. 9, but I still have Fucking Fabulous on my wrist. Fuck Tom Ford!

by Anonymousreply 419July 31, 2024 3:58 PM

I love flip fucking, both in porn and IRL.

So fucking hot when you take turns being inside each other.

by Anonymousreply 420July 31, 2024 3:59 PM

Protracted, wordy discussions of Original Sin.

by Anonymousreply 421July 31, 2024 5:16 PM

People who can’t be bothered to know the correct meaning of Immaculate Conception.

by Anonymousreply 422July 31, 2024 5:18 PM

Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 423July 31, 2024 9:59 PM

(And I am one.)

by Anonymousreply 424July 31, 2024 9:59 PM

The only practicing Catholics I know are a few people who are all over 70. Nobody else pays attention to the Catholic church anymore.

by Anonymousreply 425July 31, 2024 10:08 PM

Yeah, I had no idea my best friend was Catholic until his funeral. We just didn't talk about that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 426July 31, 2024 10:44 PM

R426. But he died knowing the difference between IC and virgin birth. He was a good friend, and smart.

by Anonymousreply 427July 31, 2024 10:47 PM

R425 That you know. I'm sure there are religious kids, teens, if you go to Mass it can't be all 70+.

by Anonymousreply 428July 31, 2024 10:51 PM

Threads hijacked by pointless religious arguments.

by Anonymousreply 429July 31, 2024 10:58 PM

Stupidity on the DL

by Anonymousreply 430July 31, 2024 11:02 PM

People who comment on the what other people do on the thread.

by Anonymousreply 431August 1, 2024 12:09 AM

Fangurls on DL. It's embarrassing to see smart men reduced to illogic because some famous name fills a void.

by Anonymousreply 432August 1, 2024 12:17 AM

When he only tells you he loves you right before he cums. You know he doesn't mean it.

by Anonymousreply 433August 1, 2024 12:41 AM

Things that are perforated, but the perforations don’t work effectively. I’m looking at you, Bounty. What am I supposed to do with this shred of a paper towel?

by Anonymousreply 434August 1, 2024 8:38 AM

Ads on Freevee, Tubi and other streaming services that aren’t coordinated with the program. If you’re watching an old TV show, it already has built-in breaks for commercials. Use those for your ads instead of breaking in literally (yes, literally!) mid-sentence.

by Anonymousreply 435August 1, 2024 8:40 AM

Things that come in stiff plastic packaging that has to be cut open, producing razor-sharp edges that cut your hands when you try to get the item out.

by Anonymousreply 436August 1, 2024 8:41 AM

r435 get an adblocker

by Anonymousreply 437August 1, 2024 1:15 PM

Kissing in porn. I can watch people kiss pretty much anywhere. Stop wasting my time.

by Anonymousreply 438August 1, 2024 2:03 PM

R434, I used to masturbate to the Brawny man when I was entering puberty. I imagined his cock was as thick as a tree and his bush was three times the size of his mustache. Fittingly, I wiped my splooge off with one of his paper towels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439August 1, 2024 10:48 PM

His balls were probably the size of walnuts, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440August 1, 2024 10:50 PM

When you google "Brawny Man nude", this is the first image you get. I rest my case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441August 1, 2024 10:52 PM

My neighbor who eye screws me

by Anonymousreply 442August 1, 2024 11:05 PM

Whiners and people who jump at the chance to share their brittleness.

by Anonymousreply 443August 1, 2024 11:16 PM

r441 that guy looks retarded

by Anonymousreply 444August 1, 2024 11:16 PM

People who play with candy wrappers during a movie.

by Anonymousreply 445August 1, 2024 11:17 PM

Toilet paper that disintegrates during use.

by Anonymousreply 446August 2, 2024 5:12 AM

Phone updates that take forever to download. If it aint broke...

by Anonymousreply 447August 2, 2024 6:10 AM

R436, along with that, bags that are supposed to have a ziploc-like closure but they don't work. I'm looking at you, Sargento. I had to put their shredded cheese in an actual ziploc bag because the closures didnt' line up correctly.

by Anonymousreply 448August 2, 2024 3:03 PM

You buy shitty cheese, you deal with the fallout. Fat fingers and a less-than airtight bag.

by Anonymousreply 449August 2, 2024 3:27 PM

Meow, R449! I only buy that beause I like cheese on my chili. If I were making something fancy, I'd use a better cheese.

by Anonymousreply 450August 2, 2024 4:01 PM

Strike two: chili at home.

One more and you’re out!

by Anonymousreply 451August 2, 2024 4:22 PM

Sargento is actually expensive, for a shredded cheese. I just buy the store brand or Bel Gioioso.

by Anonymousreply 452August 2, 2024 4:32 PM

“…for a shredded cheese”

Aye, there’s the rub!

by Anonymousreply 453August 2, 2024 4:56 PM

R454

by Anonymousreply 454August 2, 2024 7:38 PM

Watching The Fall Guy last night (I liked it), I remembered how I annoyed I get by posters here who judge movies based on how much money they make or lose.

by Anonymousreply 455August 3, 2024 12:52 PM

Popcorn 🍿 vs Oscars vs Cult Classics

by Anonymousreply 456August 3, 2024 3:02 PM

Back in the dark ages when I was young the average person had no clue what the grosses were for movies. We only knew what our local critics wrote, and sometimes we heard about lines around the block. But opening weekends or weeks didn't make or break a movie. The only way you could find these stats was to read newspapers like Variety or The Hollywood Reporter--which the average person didn't do.

Then shows like Entertainment Tonight started posting box office stats--I remember thinking: who cares? But it became an interest and a sport unto itself. Previously it used to be a joke that if you went to a Hollywood party all anyone talked about was the box office receipts. Now there are people with no connection to show business who are deeply interested in what kind of money a movie makes.

by Anonymousreply 457August 3, 2024 3:19 PM

Similarly we had no idea if a concert tour was selling tickets or not selling. We went to things we'd enjoy or thought we'd enjoy and that was it. R455

by Anonymousreply 458August 3, 2024 3:22 PM

People with no self awareness

by Anonymousreply 459August 3, 2024 3:42 PM

To whom is that directed? Me?!

by Anonymousreply 460August 3, 2024 4:15 PM

To whom it may concern

by Anonymousreply 461August 3, 2024 5:58 PM

An email that addresses you just with “Bob” and not “Dear Bob” or “Hi/hello Bob”.

by Anonymousreply 462August 3, 2024 10:03 PM

When people with no life beat shit to death on DL

by Anonymousreply 463August 3, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote] An email that addresses you just with “Bob” and not “Dear Bob” or “Hi/hello Bob”.

What about an email with no salutation at all? Just:

"Can you [blah blah blah] and get back to me."

by Anonymousreply 464August 3, 2024 10:57 PM

Hair in my mouth

by Anonymousreply 465August 3, 2024 10:59 PM

R464 terrible form, indeed

Also: Emails that sign off with “Thanks!” even though I haven’t confirmed whether I’ll do something or not

by Anonymousreply 466August 3, 2024 11:10 PM

^ you sound old ^ there’s no going against the grain of informality in emails…that horse left the barn a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 467August 3, 2024 11:18 PM

[quote]When people with no life beat shit to death on DL

Poisoned Dragon is notorious for this.

by Anonymousreply 468August 3, 2024 11:44 PM

Olympic medal tally troll is giving Poisoned Dragon a run for his money.

by Anonymousreply 469August 3, 2024 11:47 PM

yappy dogs.

by Anonymousreply 470August 5, 2024 10:49 AM

People who use arrows (^^^) rather than doing a reply the right way.

by Anonymousreply 471August 5, 2024 11:49 AM

^^^^This 🥴

by Anonymousreply 472August 5, 2024 12:13 PM

Before anyone dares to respond to a previous comment, please check in with R471 so that she may instruct you how to reply ‘the right way’.

by Anonymousreply 473August 5, 2024 1:54 PM

Advertisements every time you watch a video clip. I understand the need for financing, but I just read a story on the BBC website about the violence, rioting, and looting this past weekend in Britain. A clip of a BMW and its Eastern European occupants attacked by a violent mob of white men was the centerpiece of the story. Clicking on the video, I first had to watch a 30 second commercial for intel. It was simply inappropriate in the context of the story.

by Anonymousreply 474August 6, 2024 6:16 PM

This DAMN humidity for the last several days.

by Anonymousreply 475August 6, 2024 8:31 PM

Our local TV weather people tell us there is a tornado in our midst, and we have to watch a 30 second commercial before we are able to see the webcasts live.

by Anonymousreply 476August 7, 2024 12:13 AM

The DAMN humidity for the entire fucking summer? Every goddamn minute of every fucking day

by Anonymousreply 477August 7, 2024 10:40 AM

r466 The "thanks" is for your kindly having taken a moment of your day to read the writer's humble request.

by Anonymousreply 478August 7, 2024 11:38 AM

Detours that impede my commute to work.

by Anonymousreply 479August 7, 2024 1:59 PM

R478 that is definitely a positive way to interpret it.

by Anonymousreply 480August 7, 2024 5:27 PM

People who obsess about signatures on emails.

by Anonymousreply 481August 7, 2024 5:58 PM

I always add, “thanks in advance…” to the end of my emails when requesting anything.

by Anonymousreply 482August 7, 2024 6:08 PM

Noise.

by Anonymousreply 483August 7, 2024 6:45 PM

Hot Guys that aren't interested in me.

by Anonymousreply 484August 7, 2024 8:37 PM

Having to clear my cache/cookies and then remembering my username and passwords to some of my favorite sites.

by Anonymousreply 485August 7, 2024 8:40 PM

Decisions. I've reached a point in life when the big ones have been made and have worked hard to get here. Darling, I love you, but if you ask me "BBQ Chicken or Chinese?" one more time I might smack you upside the head. YOUR FUCKING TURN TO DECIDE.

by Anonymousreply 486August 7, 2024 8:53 PM

Same r485. I can't remember my passwords to save my life. I'll put in a new password for some site and the very next day I can't fucking remember what it is.

by Anonymousreply 487August 7, 2024 10:18 PM

When my piss comes out in two streams.

by Anonymousreply 488August 7, 2024 10:28 PM

R294 meet Federal Reserve Regulation CC. It’s not the banks’ fault.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 8, 2024 6:58 AM

[quote]R468: Poisoned Dragon is notorious for this.

And you're notorious for using socks and picking fights with me that you refuse to stop feeding. It takes at least two; I don't reply in a vacuum.

You've been obsessed with me for a couple of years now - everybody, read R468's posting history. I evidently live rent-free in his head.

by Anonymousreply 490August 8, 2024 10:32 AM

Datalounge when it's being fickle and makes you think the thread you posted didn't load, so you try again three times. Then suddenly all the duplicate threads appear.

by Anonymousreply 491August 8, 2024 12:07 PM

R485 & r487, I have a list of all of my passwords on a word document. I also have a backup list on my iPhone. Sometimes it’s a challenge to sync them, but I am doing much better than before.

by Anonymousreply 492August 8, 2024 12:08 PM

Thanks—I’ll remember that when I rob you of your iPhone

by Anonymousreply 493August 8, 2024 12:19 PM

People who seem to be moving through the crowd (in a bar or concert etc) and when u move aside to let them pass, they just stop and basicly take ur spot. Its so frustrating, especially if they're taller.

by Anonymousreply 494August 8, 2024 12:31 PM

Short-sighted, far-Left Progressives.

by Anonymousreply 495August 8, 2024 12:40 PM

Authenticateds. I don't suppose they're any worse than any of the rest of us, but with your orange name stuck to your bullshit, you seem worse regularly.

by Anonymousreply 496August 8, 2024 12:51 PM

I sometimes post without my "authenticated" name. It keeps the trolls at bay.

by Anonymousreply 497August 8, 2024 12:57 PM

Is them problem them, R497, or you though? Or a combination of both? Authenticated makes your views pop. Anonymous, it's a comment by comment existence. Why do you need to be Authenticated? What does it bring you? And why are you unwilling to deal with the downside?

by Anonymousreply 498August 8, 2024 1:05 PM

People who use cutesy terms like "girl dad," "boy mom," "dog mom." Shaddup!

by Anonymousreply 499August 8, 2024 1:39 PM

r496, I don't find that to be true, with a few notable exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 500August 8, 2024 2:05 PM

R499, and “fur babies” don’t forget that. 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 501August 8, 2024 4:41 PM

R492, I have mine written down as well. However, most were written in ink so I have to use white out to write the new password. My password book and note pad are an f'g mess! In some cases, Google Password Manager has been a life-saver. I'd never keep anything in my phone; that seems like you're asking for trouble.

by Anonymousreply 502August 8, 2024 4:43 PM

[quote] Darling, I love you, but if you ask me "BBQ Chicken or Chinese?" one more time I might smack you upside the head.

🙄 Thanks, Zsa Zsa.

by Anonymousreply 503August 8, 2024 4:46 PM

Give me Park Ave. Chinese …or at least Shung Lee Palace

by Anonymousreply 504August 8, 2024 4:49 PM

People who drive without taking the handicapped placard off of their car's rearview mirror. It says right on it that it's not supposed to be there while driving.

The overuse of the term countless for items that can be tallied.

by Anonymousreply 505August 8, 2024 4:58 PM

R498 because it has turned into a witch hunt a little too often.

Posting anonymously has its perks. For this reply, I checked the “sign post as” box. So you know it’s your friend, Dutchie.

by Anonymousreply 506August 8, 2024 5:05 PM

It was Eva r303.

by Anonymousreply 507August 8, 2024 6:07 PM

Oy r503

by Anonymousreply 508August 8, 2024 6:10 PM

People who use the expression “off of”, R505.

by Anonymousreply 509August 8, 2024 7:08 PM

Random “website crash” error messages when trying to post replies in DL threads.

by Anonymousreply 510August 8, 2024 9:11 PM

I can handle 86 degrees with high humidity. I grew up in a home without air conditioning. I spent most of my time at the swim club, a church festival, playing hopscotch and four square in our residential street. I cannot handle weather below 25 degrees, inches of snow, a coating of ice, and not being able to get out of my house.

by Anonymousreply 511August 8, 2024 10:08 PM

… church festival, playing hopscotch… did they send you to that school for special kids in UT?

by Anonymousreply 512August 8, 2024 10:20 PM

Her labia lips make me so uncomfortable. I need to rearrange them for her. There (slap).

by Anonymousreply 513August 8, 2024 10:42 PM

R492 Have you ever heard of key chain?

by Anonymousreply 514August 8, 2024 11:48 PM

Having to test drive the carts at Walmart before entering the store. One in three have a wonky wheel.

by Anonymousreply 515August 9, 2024 12:16 AM

People who use the word "immigrate" when they should use "emigrate."

It seems a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 516August 9, 2024 12:39 PM

R492, actually no, I haven't heard of key chain but I'll look into it.

R515, try taking one that's already outside. I find these to be the most reliable. My local Shop Rite replaced all their carts with new ones. No more wonky wheel!! As long as that's where I want to shop.

by Anonymousreply 517August 9, 2024 12:42 PM

R514 I haven’t actually…will research this. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 518August 9, 2024 2:06 PM

It’s right there on your iPhone

by Anonymousreply 519August 9, 2024 2:19 PM

Shut-ins online 24/7

by Anonymousreply 520August 10, 2024 12:03 AM

It was typical kid behavior in the 1960s, R512. We all played games in the street. Catholic church festivals were/are very popular around here, especially in the summer. I liked to watch the dunk tank. People would be dared to go in wearing the clothes they walked in with. Most took the dare. I'd get a thrill every time a good looking man in a light colored shirt was dunked. He'd come up and his nipples were visible under the fabric. Some would be dunked over and over again.

Not exactly Mormon thoughts...

by Anonymousreply 521August 10, 2024 1:01 AM

Trump's gestures. I muted him yesterday, then realized I cannot stand the sight of Trump and especially his accordion hands.

I've thought the Kardashian Era has been wretched and trashy, but the overlapping time since 2016 has been dominated by a criminal psychopath from whose evil influence the nation will need another decade to get rid of the taste, plus an exorcism.

by Anonymousreply 522August 10, 2024 1:57 AM

Add in the constantly moving anus mouth and he's doubly nauseating to watch while muted, R522.

by Anonymousreply 523August 10, 2024 4:03 AM

Most people put their passwords on their iPhone behind another password or passcode.

by Anonymousreply 524August 10, 2024 4:07 AM

Passing cars with thumping bass. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 525August 14, 2024 10:32 AM

GERD. Fuck chest pain.

by Anonymousreply 526August 14, 2024 3:08 PM

Tiny dicks

by Anonymousreply 527August 14, 2024 3:13 PM

STIs.

by Anonymousreply 528August 14, 2024 4:01 PM

Insipid euphemisms like "following GUEST please" at a checkout counter (please, lord, bring back "next" or "next customer."

"Customer Comfort Center" (yes, I encountered this today on musical hold)--- as opposed to the eminently less grating "Customer Service."

"A specialist will be with you shortly." Specialist, in this all-too-common instance, refererring to the call-center peeps who do their best to answer basic questions according to the company script.

The grating radio ad for Babbel (which I can't find anywhere online--another huge point of annoyance) in which an exuberant, bubbly, squealing woman babbles (errr) excitedly about learning.... SPANISH!" She gushes and coos in an eardrum-shattering decibel spectrum. emoting and cooing and being just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! "Gracias, Babbel" May she get lost on an arid path and meet a messy if dessicated end in a heatwave.

by Anonymousreply 529August 14, 2024 5:06 PM

You can be standing in front of them for five minutes while you are waiting. They still call, "Next!"

by Anonymousreply 530August 15, 2024 12:05 AM

The lower classes are so trying!

by Anonymousreply 531August 15, 2024 2:04 AM

R530 when I worked in customer service I felt saying next was rude so I would say hello instead. My supervisor didn't like it and wanted me to say can I help you? but I thought that was redundant.

by Anonymousreply 532August 15, 2024 11:49 AM

[Quote]STIs.

Just this morning, I passed a car with the license plate: "NO STI."

I can't imagine what else they were referring to.

by Anonymousreply 533August 15, 2024 12:02 PM

R532 "Can I help the next person, please?"

by Anonymousreply 534August 15, 2024 2:07 PM

Com’n bitch wheeze burning daylight

by Anonymousreply 535August 15, 2024 4:53 PM

How about looking directly at the waiting customer and saying: "Hi. How are you? What can I help you with?"

by Anonymousreply 536August 15, 2024 9:00 PM

How about "watcha got?" as you whip off your sunglasses?

by Anonymousreply 537August 15, 2024 10:49 PM

R536, that's fine if the person is standing right at the counter. "Next" would make no sense in that context.

"Next" is used when the line is a couple of steps back from the counter. It's a way of calling the next customer up to the counter. It's also used when there are several stations but a single line as a way to draw the the attention of the next person in line.

"Next" can be rude or nice, depending on facial expression and tone of voice.

by Anonymousreply 538August 16, 2024 9:03 AM

R176 Agreed. I dare you to merge in front of me. Just try it and see.

by Anonymousreply 539August 16, 2024 10:00 AM

The trailing off enquiry such as And your name is ....? I like to not respond as if they are still speaking which makes them ask me in a more polite way.

by Anonymousreply 540August 16, 2024 11:20 AM

R536 Some customers, you'd rather not look directly at.

by Anonymousreply 541August 17, 2024 1:51 PM

People who cycle with their dog running alongside on a leash.

by Anonymousreply 542August 18, 2024 12:28 AM

Frauen who allow their crotchfruit to run wild in restaurants and malls.

by Anonymousreply 543August 18, 2024 12:51 AM

Houseguests who announce they are leaving but are still here.

by Anonymousreply 544August 18, 2024 6:26 PM

Apps that log you out randomly, usually not discovered until you're at the register about to pay.

by Anonymousreply 545August 18, 2024 6:30 PM

Dick pics with bad lighting. Why bother? I'm not spending 10 seconds playing Where's Waldo.

My body's increasing resistance to alcohol as I get older. So I'm just supposed to age and decline and not have ANY comfort? I'm supposed to just raw dog this shit until I die? Your body should get better at processing alcohol as you get older because of the amount of practice it gets. That's just science.

by Anonymousreply 546August 18, 2024 6:40 PM

Seriously, she’s been saying “I really need to get on the road” since noon.

by Anonymousreply 547August 18, 2024 6:56 PM

People who just can't follow rules or conventions. For example, today, on a one way street, a cyclist rode up the protected bike lane - the wrong way. It's one example, but all of us, all day, see at least one example of somebody just acting selfishly and doing what they want to do, screw everybody else. Problem is, it adds up one big collective screw everybody else because what's the point of not screwing everybody else when everybody else is just screwing everybody else? We're all ground down by it in the end and it sucks. But mostly it's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 548August 18, 2024 9:50 PM

Marry me, R548

by Anonymousreply 549August 18, 2024 10:21 PM

Philadelphia has gone out of its way to accommodate cyclists and they still bend the rules.

School will be starting soon and I don’t look forward to riding the bus home from work with those ornery kids.

by Anonymousreply 550August 18, 2024 11:24 PM

R550, I admit, if we were doing a Things that Delight You thread, I am always delighted to see cyclists, having gotten so much of what they wanted, now being assholes to each other.

by Anonymousreply 551August 18, 2024 11:44 PM

On the topic of cyclists: adults who ride their bikes on the sidewalk when there's a perfectly good shoulder on the side of the road.

by Anonymousreply 552August 18, 2024 11:58 PM

R548 There are too many rules. A lot of them are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 553August 19, 2024 2:48 AM

Motorcylists who are always complaining about the "rules of the road' when it comes to cars, weaving in and out of traffic illegally and/or riding down the while lines. I wish someone would open their car door and flip one of the mfers! I won't do that because, well, I love my car. I found out while watching Road Wars that it is legal for motorcyclists to ride the white line in some states.

by Anonymousreply 554August 19, 2024 2:56 PM

R554, if by riding the white lines you mean the line marking the edge of the right lane (that is, riding in the shoulder), I think it should be illegal for any vehicle, including bicycles, to do that. It's dangerous and snarls traffic. Wait in line with every other vehicle, you selfish jerks!

by Anonymousreply 555August 19, 2024 6:18 PM

R555, yes and no. Specifically I'm talking about the ones that ride down the white lines separating the lanes; sometimes in traffic and sometimes even when traffic is moving at the posted speed or faster.

by Anonymousreply 556August 19, 2024 7:31 PM

Big business suddenly putting those “care about you” ads on TV. Western Petroleum doing the sad it’s-so-hard-to-make-it-for-the-little-people-now-sad-song drivel. Pfizer with their all-kinds-of-laughing. Gas and electric shutting off your electricity during wildfire season because they-can-do-something-to-help. Yeah, after they caused half the devastating fires with their lack of maintenance for years. I’d like to know what Western Petroleum producers are going to do for us. I think they’re running scared that their partners-in-crime are going to lose this election so they’re suddenly on board with the silent majority of reasonable people who are over this shit and cheering for the change.

by Anonymousreply 557August 19, 2024 8:02 PM

Straight up stupid DLers

by Anonymousreply 558August 20, 2024 12:31 AM

You must be continuously annoyed, R558.

I’ve noticed that the stupidity has been increasing - if that were possible - lately.

by Anonymousreply 559August 20, 2024 12:58 AM

I hate the whole mowing culture of my neighborhood. I mow my lawn, and the lady next door has to mow hers the next day so it's just a little shorter (even though she just mowed a couple of days before me).

by Anonymousreply 560August 20, 2024 6:40 AM

I loathe when dining companions receive their menu and immediately and maniacally try to get everyone to order what they want to “share”. They narrate their choices loudly, in quick succession, preventing anyone else from concentrating on what they want.

“Oh LOOK! They have the bleu cheese onion smoothie with boar bacon and chocolate sprinkles. Looks SO GOOD!

And oh my GAWD, they have a Caesar salad! With house-made CROUTONS!

“Who wants to share the pickled parsnip puree, salad, smoothie and LOOK! Braised beets on pollock with a cherry REDUCTION. Let’s get THAT!”

by Anonymousreply 561August 20, 2024 10:26 AM

Holy shit R561 find better dining companions.

by Anonymousreply 562August 20, 2024 12:01 PM

When airlines call passengers guests. Hotels I can almost tolerate, but no one pays to be a guest and they sure as hell don't pay to be treated that way.

by Anonymousreply 563August 20, 2024 3:01 PM

What is up with that, R560?? I didn't know it was a thing until my boyfriend pointed it out with my neighbor. I like having a nice lawn, but it's really not that serious, people.

by Anonymousreply 564August 20, 2024 3:08 PM

Jesus Christ son of Mary R408 that is a lot to read.

by Anonymousreply 565August 20, 2024 3:38 PM

Accepting e-tickets. It requires at least two password changes and saving various crappy apps to your phone.

by Anonymousreply 566August 20, 2024 4:11 PM

Mewing.

by Anonymousreply 567August 21, 2024 1:36 AM

Liars

by Anonymousreply 568August 21, 2024 8:01 PM

The non-word “nom” and the people who use it.

by Anonymousreply 569August 21, 2024 8:37 PM

r532 "Yeah, what do [italic] you [/italic] want?" works just fine.

by Anonymousreply 570August 21, 2024 8:47 PM

Scented garbage bags

by Anonymousreply 571August 21, 2024 10:27 PM

Pete-ophiles who think he's a credible nominee for Secretary of State when Harris wins.

by Anonymousreply 572August 21, 2024 10:51 PM

Weird people

by Anonymousreply 573August 21, 2024 11:56 PM

People who call me a communist who have no idea what a communist is.

People who call me a groomer when I actually prefer guys my age or older.

People who think that you know all the people they know.

People who need people.

by Anonymousreply 574August 22, 2024 1:51 AM

Prosthetic dicks in movies/TV. Show the real thing or don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 575August 22, 2024 6:05 AM

People who leave shit in empty shopping carts. Pick up your dirty tissues you fucking slobs.

by Anonymousreply 576August 22, 2024 7:01 AM

[quote] Accepting e-tickets. It requires at least two password changes and saving various crappy apps to your phone.

Old iPhone here. I went to an MLB (baseball) game earlier this year and the park would only take e-tickets. The MLB app (for eTickets) wouldn't install on my phone due to the operating system. (My phone is updated as much as it can be.) Had to ask my friend (also going to the ball game) to install on his phone, which was OK, but a hassle.

by Anonymousreply 577August 22, 2024 9:58 PM

Drivers who pull out from a side street or parking lot right in front of me and make he slow down or brake, then I look in the rear view mirror and there aren't any cars behind me. Why didn't they wait?

by Anonymousreply 578August 23, 2024 3:27 AM

R578, agreed, and the same goes for people who race to merge in front of you on the freeway even though the lane behind you is empty.

by Anonymousreply 579August 23, 2024 8:41 AM

Swimmers who do the backstroke when there are other people in the lane pool. Its the most selfish stroke that slows up the lane for everyone else. . - do Do them when there is nobody else in the lane.

by Anonymousreply 580August 23, 2024 9:27 AM

I’m an amazing backstroker - butterflyer too, R580. It’s the breastrokers who clutter up the lanes.

by Anonymousreply 581August 23, 2024 9:54 AM

A fast backstroker is unusual, r581. But a butterflyer is so guaranteed to hit someone while sharing a lane my gym has banned that stroke unless they are the only person in it.

There is a frog-leg-backstroke I have only seen women swimmers do. It looks like something out of the Kama Sutra.

by Anonymousreply 582August 23, 2024 10:07 AM

I can't relate.

by Anonymousreply 583August 23, 2024 11:41 AM

Cream tubes that keep producing the cream when you have enough. Stop already!

by Anonymousreply 584August 23, 2024 10:55 PM

When eye drops make their way back to your mouth. Sneaky.

by Anonymousreply 585August 23, 2024 11:00 PM

When the streaming site’s thumbnail episode screenshots blatantly spoil the viewing experience. Recently, I was planning to watch “The Traitors: UK,” but an accidental glance at the episode images gave away the final group of “survivors.”

Bite me, Peacock!

by Anonymousreply 586August 23, 2024 11:08 PM

Twits out in public making insipid duck-lipped faces and posturing inanely at their phone cameras for their IG or TikTok selfies.

by Anonymousreply 587August 24, 2024 2:18 AM

The overuse of the ognys and the obias etc.

Not everything is a 10 out of 10 on the Richter scale and over describing everything hurts the acutal 10s when they happen.

by Anonymousreply 588August 24, 2024 11:33 PM

The Garaflo troll posting movies she’s acted in in another one of his stinky forgotten movies threads. He’s also the stinky Condi troll.

by Anonymousreply 589August 24, 2024 11:36 PM

Southern Californian cunts who think you come to a complete stop when turning into a strip mall or shopping center. No cunt you slow down a little but you don’t fucking dam near stop because you are turning from the main road or highway. Dumb ass bitches.

by Anonymousreply 590August 24, 2024 11:54 PM

Hi KGT R590! How are the Ebonics lessons coming along?

While I’m here, FYI it’s “damn” not “dam” - you make this mistake often using your multiple personae, which is a marker that at least makes it easy for the rest of us to spot you. That, and your default insults of “cunt”, “Mafuckin” and “Klan Granny”, of course.

Keep smilin’!

by Anonymousreply 591August 25, 2024 12:07 AM

When I get sneezing fits for no reason at all.

by Anonymousreply 592August 25, 2024 1:31 AM

Jerkmate.

I like to pretend this is my private shame. No, I don’t want to gather online with other losers.

by Anonymousreply 593August 25, 2024 1:34 AM

R591 I barely say klan granny so you can miss me with that bullshit. And I smile all day long boo. As long as I’m not using I’m a happy person. God bless you.

by Anonymousreply 594August 25, 2024 4:03 AM

Thanks for the blessing from your imaginary sky fairy, R594. I think that "using" is the key - it explains a lot about your posts.

by Anonymousreply 595August 25, 2024 6:00 AM

Something that annoys me: I work with a few part time people. One of them works Mondays and Wednesdays. When she leaves on Wednesday evening, she always says to everybody, "Have a good weekend!"

by Anonymousreply 596August 25, 2024 12:27 PM

I guess we better roll on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597August 25, 2024 12:33 PM

And

by Anonymousreply 598August 25, 2024 12:33 PM

Just

by Anonymousreply 599August 25, 2024 12:33 PM

by Anonymousreply 600August 25, 2024 12:33 PM

That

by Anonymousreply 601August 25, 2024 12:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!