Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AGATHA ALL ALONG trailer

Kathryn Hahn!

Patti Lu!

One of those boys from that one show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2024 6:28 PM

I'd have probably been excited for this about 3 years ago but Wandavision was so long ago at this point it kind of feels like the time for it has passed. Also they've really got Joe Locke queening it up.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 12:56 AM

Watching now...

Very faithful to The Killing.

I take it all episodes will be plays on famous TV shows/series?

I don't want Wanda to be dead.

by Anonymousreply 2September 19, 2024 1:16 AM

R2 While I don't think she will make an appearance (maybe only in flashbacks), she's definitely not dead. Not only is it preposterous to think she actually died, but Kevin Feige and Elizabeth Olsen themselves have clarified that it's unknown if she's dead and they purposely highlight the red explosion right before she "died." If she does make an appearance, it would most likely be a post credit tease of her return at the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 3September 19, 2024 1:32 AM

Disney didn't spend millions of dollars to get the rights to Marvel characters like the Scarlett Witch to then permanently "kill" them and not use them in movies

by Anonymousreply 4September 19, 2024 4:12 AM

I don't like Hahn. She annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 5September 19, 2024 4:32 AM

Hahn is hilarious in this. Her going back and forth with LuPone is funny.

Debra Jo Rupp is stealing the show, though.

"I'm sorry. Am I supposed to know the words to this song?"

by Anonymousreply 6September 19, 2024 12:12 PM

Katherine Hahn is terrible in this. As someone who always enjoyed a lot of her previous work, this WandaVision stuff is such a disappointment. So much overacting. It’s all so obvious. Worst thing that ever happened to an otherwise terrific actress. I hope they’re paying her well.

by Anonymousreply 7September 19, 2024 12:39 PM

Why can't she hear Teen's backstory?

by Anonymousreply 8September 19, 2024 2:45 PM

I enjoyed the first two episodes a lot. Didn't really buy Hahn's Mare character – the yelling was obnoxious – but she's fabulous as Agatha. Her facial expressions when they were singing show she's not afraid of the way she looks on camera, which I love. She just commits 100%.

I was afraid each episode was going to be a different show like Wandavision, so I was relieved to see that wasn't the case and she "awoke" to herself relatively quickly.

Locke is enjoyable as well. His American accent is decent, although his "can" still sounds British.

Aubrey Plaza's witch outfit was all sorts of badass.

by Anonymousreply 9September 19, 2024 3:21 PM

r8 She couldn't hear his name either. There's either a spell/hex on him or on her.

by Anonymousreply 10September 19, 2024 3:22 PM

Teen's name and backstory will be revealed later as he will be a much bigger connected character in the MCU

by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2024 3:32 PM

Garbage.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2024 3:35 PM

he is WICCAN

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2024 3:37 PM

I thought WandaVision was majorly overrated, so I'll be skipping this. It should have been released two years ago, anyway, when Agatha was a little more fresh in people's minds.

by Anonymousreply 14September 19, 2024 4:27 PM

This one has little relation to Wandavision, which I didn't enjoy all that much either. It's a lot more fun, not as self-serious.

by Anonymousreply 15September 19, 2024 4:30 PM

Has Patti shown up yet in the episodes?

by Anonymousreply 16September 19, 2024 5:45 PM

Yes, she shows up in the second episode already, she's great.

by Anonymousreply 17September 19, 2024 5:47 PM

Patti & Hahn are amazing

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2024 7:03 AM

Ok start. I have no preconceptions with this as it’s not a Marvel story I know so I’m keen to see it develop.

Who do we think was the fifth name that Patti wrote down? Was it the teen? Is Debra Jo Rupp the right witch to represent ‘black heart’ considering Aubrey Plaza made a point of stating she has a black heart in an earlier scene?

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2024 7:14 AM

r19 i don’t see DJR as an antagonist

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2024 1:45 PM

If I were any witch out of this bunch, I would totally be the Green Witch, the kooky flora queen that I am. You can keep your flashy powers, I'll be right here making my rhododendrons the envy of the town with my magic green thumb, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2024 1:50 PM

Aubrey Plaza is the green witch.

Agatha is purple.

Wanda was scarlet.

Strange and quite possibly Emma Caulfield's character are yellow.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2024 2:40 PM

I thought Debra Jo Rupp was the green witch? Because she was shown gardening?

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2024 2:42 PM

I don't think Debra Jo is a witch at all.

Aubrey already identified herself as green to Agatha, who responded with, "Just let me get my purple going..."

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2024 2:45 PM

Debra Jo Rupp is a national icon

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2024 6:25 PM

I love her character's gentle confusion. I hope she ends up being pivotal to the plot, to show that raw power isn't everything in life.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2024 6:27 PM

The actress did a good job with the character of Agatha but that was enough for me. I didn't start watching Wandavision because I am a hardcore Marvel fan - I found it well written and heartfelt. I never got drawn into the Marvel franchise, I got bored with it after Iron Man 2 and never started any of the Avengers films. I'm not a fan of witch stuff and I have zero desire to watch this series.

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2024 10:50 PM

And yet, here you are r27 You really should find other ways to waste your life

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2024 10:55 PM

elderfags are the worst self loathing folks here

by Anonymousreply 29September 21, 2024 5:49 AM

80%

cope & seethe freaks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 22, 2024 7:51 AM

it’s a hit

by Anonymousreply 31September 23, 2024 6:21 AM

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed those first two episodes. I pretty much loathe Marvel movies, but some of the series have been pretty good. Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Ms. Marvel were entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 32September 23, 2024 10:45 PM

r32 no one except elderfags & far-right trolls hates the show

by Anonymousreply 33September 24, 2024 10:35 AM

it is just gonna go up from here on

by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2024 3:14 PM

he & Kit might have fucked in Soho

by Anonymousreply 35September 25, 2024 6:57 AM

spent an awful lot of time together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 25, 2024 2:21 PM

Please let's not turn this thread into yet another Kit/Locke fan thread, there are so many of those on DL already. I was put off from commenting on the second season of Heartstopper because there wasn't a single thread dedicated to just the show. I wouldn't like that to happen to the Agatha show as well because I love it and I want to discuss it with others as the episodes come out. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 37September 25, 2024 2:39 PM

r37 no one’s stopping you. go ahead

by Anonymousreply 38September 25, 2024 8:48 PM

Don't be disingenuous, you know exactly what the threads for the second season of Heartstopper looked like thanks to Locke obsessives. I was just politely asking to not have a repeat of that here after seeing the wholly unrelated posts at r35 and r36, that's all.

Anyway, looking forward to the new episode today, feels like it's been weeks since the last one for some reason. Shame it wasn't dropped all at once.

by Anonymousreply 39September 25, 2024 8:53 PM

The phrase “One of those boys from that one show!“ needs to be the title of a thread.

It’s the “Eppi-tomb” of Data Lounge television viewing statements.

Everyone will know who you’re discussing.

by Anonymousreply 40September 25, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote]Shame it wasn't dropped all at once.

That's actually terrible for shows. They get discussed for a weekend and then the world moves on. Week to week allows it to really permeate the culture. Even Netflix has started walking away from doing everything all at once.

by Anonymousreply 41September 25, 2024 10:42 PM

Did they really have to kill off the best character?

I'm guessing we'll be seeing a death each week.

Mephisto got a shout out.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2024 2:36 AM

Yes, we have the perfect number of leads to kill one off per week to have a solo Agatha 9th episode

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2024 2:57 AM

r43 this week’s episode basically confirms he is Wiccan

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2024 8:52 AM

They killed her off because she’s not a witch. Agatha refused to ask Aubrey Plaza’s character along as the green thumb witch even though her name was on the bit of paper from Patti’s character.

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2024 10:37 AM

Id bet anything the Heartstopper kid is gonna be the Viz ScarWitch son come back.

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2024 11:43 AM

I'm thinking they might be playing us and he's Agatha's child.

by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2024 11:45 AM

r46 he is definitely Wiccan

by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2024 11:48 AM

The comic's Wiccan has such a fucked up backstory that they may still incorporate some Agatha's son reincarnation aspects into Teen on the show, but agree once it's all sorted out, he'll be playing Wiccan going forward in the MCU

by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2024 11:58 AM

This is so entertaining! But why did they kill off Sharon, I thought all witches of the coven had to survive in order for this whole Witches' Road thing to work? So she wasn't a witch? Why was she brought along, then? Because her name appeared on that list? Maybe she'll be revived in the next episode.

I got mildly spoiled regarding Teen's possible identity while listening to the breakdown of the premiere on The Watch podcast. I don't mind though, I see they're going exactly into that direction pretty quickly and I like it. The way she said "NO!" when he was about to drink his wine was a dead giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2024 1:21 PM

Funko spoils it all....

Don't click if you don't want to know who Plaza and Locke are really playing....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2024 2:45 PM

doing well

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 27, 2024 1:30 PM

it is a limited series so the number need not be too high anyway. just the reception to characters is important

by Anonymousreply 53September 28, 2024 8:45 AM

excited for the next episode

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2024 10:10 AM

guessing mostly everyone knows Aubrey’s character now

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2024 3:05 PM

concept art for his character leaked looks dope

by Anonymousreply 56September 30, 2024 4:48 PM

This feels like Teen is orchestrating the entire trip like a dungeon master.

I’m wondering what happens when four witches drink the blood of a demon.

by Anonymousreply 57September 30, 2024 9:26 PM

r57 what are the chances he is Mephisto ?

by Anonymousreply 58October 1, 2024 7:24 AM

for the sane gays who love Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 1, 2024 10:54 AM

new episode rocked

by Anonymousreply 60October 2, 2024 7:09 AM

looks fantastic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 2, 2024 4:16 PM

I'm gonna be honest, the fact that 10 minutes of the show is credits is kind of a turnoff.

by Anonymousreply 62October 2, 2024 5:10 PM

Yeah, why ARE the credits so long? Especially because it's apparently the cheapest Marvel show yet.

[quote]What also helps Marvel is that Agatha is the studio’s least expensive live-action series to date, significantly so. Marvel Television has recalibrated its shows and that may now be paying off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 2, 2024 5:22 PM

r63 the practical effects are good

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2024 9:46 AM

If they don't bring back Ms. Hart it will be a real shame.

by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2024 10:14 AM

This show is such a delight! I want so much more of this, even though I can clearly see it's all shot on a sound stage (hence the low costs). But I'm not bothered by that at all because the writing and the interactions between all these actors bring me such joy.

Was surprised by Plaza's revelation at the end, they'd been telegraphing his real identity for so long, it felt nice having the rug pulled underneath me. I wonder if she was telling the truth though, or just trying to protect Agatha.

I realised in this episode that the end credits are so long because there's no opening intro, so we get a twofer at the end.

by Anonymousreply 66October 3, 2024 12:08 PM

r66 what Marvel needs to realise is that they need to spend more on writing. they are already doing a great job on casting

by Anonymousreply 67October 3, 2024 1:23 PM

I find the structure of facing a new trial every episode to be too formulaic, and the trials themselves have been unimaginative. The cast is really saving this show so far.

by Anonymousreply 68October 3, 2024 7:43 PM

stellar performance by Joe

by Anonymousreply 69October 3, 2024 7:48 PM

Agatha seems less... Agatha like somehow.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2024 12:14 AM

Having it set on a sound stage is giving me Yellow Brick Road vibes. It’s great.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2024 7:16 AM

r72 she may be in mourning

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2024 7:34 AM

It may be Marvel's cheapest project yet, but clearly they needed a huge old school set design, costume, effects crews to pull this off. Thus the long credits. Good to see many non-FX crew get jobs from this.

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2024 11:08 AM

Agather All Allong

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2024 4:54 PM

*Along, even

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2024 4:54 PM

[quote]This is so entertaining! But why did they kill off Sharon, I thought all witches of the coven had to survive in order for this whole Witches' Road thing to work? So she wasn't a witch? Why was she brought along, then? Because her name appeared on that list? Maybe she'll be revived in the next episode.

The show said there are people who are "magical enough."

Sharon was "magical enough" as a "green witch" to help them open the road or it wouldn't have worked.

While she's been "replaced" for now I'm sure she'll be back somehow.

Agatha's thing is pretending like she doesn't care when she does actually care about others. She cares about "Teen." She also says she thought the work Jenn was doing was important so she never went after her. She did say to Sharon's corpse (when no one was listening), "I didn't think you had it in you." So she did care about her since she dragged her into this (or she knows something about her we don't.) She also wasn't wrong about Wanda in WandaVision.

Either way, I'm convinced Sharon will be back either as a wish someone makes at the end of the road or by some other means.

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2024 6:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!