Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Doug Sheehan is DEAD TO ME

Dead at 75

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2024 12:10 PM

Mein Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 7:05 PM

Ben!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 7:10 PM

Aw, sorry to hear that. I remember liking him on Knots Landing.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 7:22 PM

Loved him on Knots. So sexy. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 7:34 PM

He played Olivia Newton-John’s boyfriend in a Mom For Christmas in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 8:09 PM

I saw him for the very first time in an episode of Charlie’s Angels. He was training an undercover Kelly on how to be an activities director aboard a cruise ship. In walked an undercover Kris (Cheryl Ladd) who said something stupid to Doug after making a grand entrance on the ship “Forget the queen honey. Where’s the king?” Doug’s response was to just stand there with his mouth open as he watched Kris walk past him lookin hot.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 8:48 PM

Classic BDF. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 8:48 PM

He was so sexy and quite good, but in many ways his career never took off.

He stopped acting twenty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 9:10 PM

I thought he looked familiar, Joe Kelly on General Hospital. Can’t remember any storylines he had though.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 9:16 PM

I remember him from the short-lived series Day by Day with Linda Kelsey and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. I was a young teen, but I remember the show being cute and Christopher Barnes as the teenage son being cute too. The show must have been cancelled about a week before Dreyfus got Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 9:17 PM

He was so hot. I loved him on GH.

I wanted a guy like him, Black Irish type, beautiful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 9:30 PM

R1, that thread was killed by r1, who claimed that he was hotter than Ted Shackleford.

That said, he was indeed quite appealing in a boy-next-door kind of way.

I enjoyed his run on Knots Landing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 9:32 PM

Ditto here r11. I got hooked on him when I was 7 yrs old.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 9:32 PM

He was hot because he seemed so likeable.

Rest inside me quite deeply.

Well, you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 9:32 PM

I have to post this scene again. Doug did some fine eye acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 9:40 PM

I remember Joe Kelly! He was a lawyer, who eventually hooked up his father's much-younger widow, Rose, who ran Kelly's Diner. Didn't he represent Heather during her murder trial, and almost get sucked in by her act? Anyway....I remember him as the ultimate nice guy -- the present-day equivalent to Mac Scorpio.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 10:35 PM

He always seemed a little overweight to me. Very average body.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 10:44 PM

Never liked him on KL - thought his character was not very well thought out. His only good scene was his confrontation with Abby and he quit on her. She was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 11:57 PM

Didn’t he deflower virginal Anne Logan who was in her late 20s or 30s only for her to throw him over for his BDF roommate and best friend Jeff Webber (MacGuyver)?

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 12:54 AM

I thought Anne Logan had her vag permasealed shut?

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2024 1:08 AM

🎵 Cause good girls don't, and Annie won't, and you all know what I mean!🎵

(insert funky bass-line)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 1:18 AM

R15, I knew exactly what scene that would be before watching — thank you for posting it. That scene is, I’m my opinion, television at its best and shows what a great actor Doug Sheehan was!

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 2:28 AM

He was the father in Day by Day.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 2:31 AM

I never rubbed one out to Doug Sheehan. Just sayin’.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 5:47 AM

Doug lost a lot of weight over the years; he'd lost a lot before GH and probably before Charlie's Angels, too.

He was never all toned up but he was okay.

Great as Ben; great as Joe.

Not sure why he gave up acting.

I love Jackie Zeman and Bobbie but Kelly's should never have been renamed.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 5:53 AM

Nothing stopping you now, R24.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 6:30 AM

Oh no! Not Joe Kelley

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 9:11 AM

That was great, r21. I can still name each character in the video

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 3:46 PM

R28: I love that O'Reilly made it into the video.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 4:25 PM

Tony and Genie were stars but so was the rest of the cast; it was one of the best ensembles in soaps ever.

Let's not forget GH skyrocketed in the ratings in 1978 once Marland's stories kicked in. Geary didn't join until December of that year.

Lesley bitch slapping Monica after the truth about AJ and the (Dr.) Bombay phenotype syndrome came to light remains a class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2024 10:04 PM

class = classic.

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2024 10:26 PM

He was a cutie with definite appeal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2024 10:33 PM

[quote]R9 I thought he looked familiar, Joe Kelly on General Hospital. Can’t remember any storylines he had though.

I had a huge crush on him on that show!

Joe Kelly lived in one of the rooms above Kelly’s diner, and he was either an upstanding lawyer or maybe a police detective.

The big tension I remember is Joe was in a romance with Heather (Robin Mattson) who was a manipulative monster - and you wondered when he’d catch on.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2024 10:48 PM

So incredibly handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2024 10:49 PM

Has Susan Pratt issued a statement yet?

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2024 11:09 PM

He was so cute.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2024 11:47 PM

R35, Yes. And it's "keep your filthy paws off her silky draw's"

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2024 11:52 PM

The Quartermaine family& that home were the best part of GH, along with the Cassadine family (with their island& lovely title).

Alan dropping a roof on Monica& Rick's head, Tracy watching her father Edward die (he doesn't).

Alan cheating on Monica with Susan

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2024 1:45 AM

Love that pic at R32.

The wet, hairy chest. Those shorts. I imagine his cock slowly getting hard as I slip out of the side of those trunks.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2024 1:59 AM

I remember Joe Kelly being in love with Heather and proving her innocence, but did he ever get to actually fuck her? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2024 6:07 AM

I don’t remember the story line for his exit. Did he end up hooking up with his late father’s wife Rose?

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2024 12:20 PM

Ok, not so hot here….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2024 3:23 PM

R41 - Joe left Port Charles before his step-mom/former lover Rose did. Joe, an attorney, went to Albany to work in state government. He was almost never referenced again, and I think Sheehan left the show because he just got the Knots Landing gig.

Rose hung around for a while and probably her biggest stories were her ill-fated romance with new lawyer in town (she had a type), Jake Meyer, who coincidentally ALSO left GH to later work on KL as another husband to Poor Val. Anyway, Jake and Rose's romance withered because he was Jewish and she was Catholic and that mattered for some reason back then. Later she adopted Louisa "Lou" Swenson who I assume was hoped to be the new Laura. Lou got mixed up with Blackie Parrish (John Stamos) who during an argument with her over confessing to stealing a hit song pushed her; Lou fell, hit her head on a table and died instantly. Blackie went to prison not wanting to defend himself (Jake was his lawyer).

It's hard to see an episode of contemporary GH and all of its mob nonsense and not pity what they did to that once-great soap.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2024 12:10 PM

R42, he had weight issues for a long time; he didn't define his body after he lost the weight; his strengths were his charms, his smile; his generosity and his gregarious nature.

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2024 10:23 PM

I’ve never seen a picture of him looking overweight.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2024 10:25 PM

Boomers are dying off quickly, so lucky I wish I would die off quickly too, I don't want to be on this planet anymore

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2024 11:05 PM

(on ledge)

[italic]I don’t want to be in a world that doesn’t have Joe Kelly in it ! !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2024 4:00 AM

Susan Dey is distraught and cannot speak.

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2024 4:25 AM

Did Sue ever work with Doug?

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2024 4:28 PM

She wouldn't say if she did.

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2024 4:42 PM

Super handsome....RIP

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2024 4:52 PM

R43, is Blackie still in jail for the murder of Lou?

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2024 8:15 PM

R52 - Seemingly. Back when Ron Carlivati started on GH and was bringing back all the old 80s-90s characters, Blackie was allegedly in the plans to appear with Frisco at the Nurses' Ball. Stamos backed out (or never really agreed) so Wagner went it alone and lived to regret it.

Logically, it's been about 40 years so it's unlikely Blackie would still be in prison for manslaughter. But why bring logic to the GH universe?

by Anonymousreply 53July 23, 2024 12:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!