Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Atlanta Doctoral Student Vanished While Celebrating Fourth of July; His Hot Boyfriend Is Person of Interest

The death of an Atlanta man who went missing in Alabama on Thursday, July 4, has been ruled as a homicide, and his partner is a person of interest in the case, according to Birmingham Police Department.

Deundray Cottrell, 31, went missing during a Fourth of July celebration with his loved ones at a family member’s residence in Birmingham, Ala., according to a press release.

Police say they received a missing persons call that evening after family and friends reported that they couldn’t find Cottrell after last seeing him at the residence.

Officers say they recovered items of Cottrell’s clothing when searching the area where he was last seen and were provided surveillance footage of him walking in the area by a community member.

The press release states that Cottrell's body was found on Saturday, July 6.

The following day, the police department shared on social media that the Jefferson County Medical Examiners Office has ruled Cottrell's manner of death homicide. Police also named Cottrell's partner Julian Taylor Morris, 31, as a person of interest in the investigation.

Police wrote in a press release that they need "assistance locating Deundray’s romantic partner who may have last seen or heard from Deundray the evening of his disappearance."

The victim's sister, Angelica Harris, recounted the evening of Cottrell's disappearance in an interview with AL.com, saying that Cottrell and Morris arrived in Birmingham around 6 p.m. on the day of the holiday. Four hours later, around 10 p.m., Harris said Cottrell claimed he was going upstairs to check on his dog because of the fireworks and she "never saw him again."

Harris alleged to the outlet that the group was told by Morris that Cottrell "took off running through the backyard," where they later found one of his shoes and his cell phone. She claims that they tracked down security camera footage that showed Cottrell "running for his life" in the area.

Per Cottrell’s Instagram, he was working on his doctoral degree after receiving a master's degree in public administration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2024 2:10 AM

Interesting.

Julian is indeed hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 6:21 PM

Messy, messy gays.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 7:05 PM

The hotter, caramel version of an old DL fave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 7:08 PM

Thirty-one-year-old Atlanta resident Deundray Dominique Cottrell, who had previously been reported missing after visiting his sister in Birmingham, Alabama, has been found dead.

Cottrell’s sister, Angelica Harris, told AL dot com, an Alabama-based news outlet, that Cottrell arrived in Birmingham on Thursday along with Julian Morris, whom his family identified as a romantic partner, to celebrate the July 4th holiday. Harris said that at around 10 p.m., as fireworks were going off, Cottrell went inside to check on his dog.

“He went and checked on the dog and I never saw him again,” Harris said.

According to Harris, Morris told them that Cottrell took off running through the backyard, where they later found some of Cottrell’s belongings, including a shoe and his cell phone. The family reported that Morris had been acting erratically prior to Cottrell’s disappearance.

Footage from several nearby Ring cameras caught Cottrell running through yards and jumping over a gate. “It looked like he was looking for refuge,’’ Harris said. “He was running for his life.”

Just before 3 p.m. police on Saturday found Cottrell dead in the shed of a vacant house in Birmingham. As of Sunday, according to local NBC affiliate WVTM, Cottrell’s death was being treated as a homicide. Morris is a person of interest in the ongoing investigation, according to a press release from the Birmingham Police Department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 7:23 PM

Apparently both were dancers at some point

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 8:25 PM

B O Y, S E X Y, B I T C H (R I P)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 8:28 PM

He's Innocent!

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 8:35 PM

Am I being dense or are these articles poorly written and making the situation confusing?

The victim and the boyfriend are attending a party at the victim’s sister’s house. The victim goes inside to check on the dog and then runs in fear through the neighborhood, jumping over fences and into other people’s backyards.

Why did he not run back out to the party? Why run away from the sister’s house instead of back to where they were watching the fireworks? The sister says the boyfriend was acting erratically, but where was he? At the party? In with the dog? (Is the dog ok???) When was the last time they saw the boyfriend?

How was the victim killed? It says he was found in shed on a different property, but no other details?

What am I missing here?

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 8:40 PM

R8 Totally agree. The reportage is lacking at best.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 8:45 PM

I wonder if the boyfriend might be a victim, as well. I need to go back to the original article People has "cliff noted." I'd hope it's more clear than this distillation that leaves a lot of gaps.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 8:47 PM

Morris is a hunky pocket gay at 5’6”.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 8:59 PM

I agree that the victim could also be a victim as well. They found the first body in a random shed. Who’s to say that Morris’ body isn’t in a different random shed?

How do we know someone at the sister’s party didn’t try to attack both of them?

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 9:11 PM

Julian Morris is hot. NOT GUILTY!

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote] I agree that the victim could also be a victim as well.

Huh??

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 9:24 PM

PimEyes shows every image that exists of Julian on the web. He did pretty much everything but show dong. A lot of ass and pubes showing. Someone on Male General asked about him as a WeHo dancer. He modeled for every gay publication under the son.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 9:34 PM

[quote] PimEyes shows every image that exists of Julian on the web. He did pretty much everything but show dong. A lot of ass and pubes showing.

I guess you could say, "He's a whore, darlin'."

[quote] He modeled for every gay publication under the son.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 11:34 PM

Sit on my face please

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 11:39 PM

Meh 😑

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 11:49 PM

The dog probably killed Morris, hid the body under the floorboards, and was caught by Cottrell in the act, at which point it became necessary to silent the witness.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 11:57 PM

Oh, good material for a possible mini-series. I'll get to work right away on writing on a first draft.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2024 10:02 PM

Thanks for the latest info, R19. Will forward to my attorney.

I TOLD them I didn't do it; a cat would NEVER be that sloppy.

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 10:27 PM

ROTFLMAO r21!

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 10:30 PM

Wait, so are they both dead?

Or just the one?

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2024 2:53 AM

But what about the dog? Is he okay? Is it a rescue dog?

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2024 3:12 AM

[Quote] “ He went and checked on the dog and I never saw him again,” Harris said.

HAS THE DOG ISSUED A STATEMENT???

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2024 3:15 AM

Good God, the victim was hot as hell and pursuing his PhD too. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2024 12:48 PM

Taken from an LSA poster, who saw it on Facebook. Messy.

[quote]UPDATE : Deundray Cottrell (Dre)-R.I.P ️ & Julian Morris (Adonis) turned into primary partners as in main lovers. DeEric after 14 years with Dre decided to step back becoming secondary as in the third lover position role in their very well known open polyamorous relationship they all happily named "Throuple". DeEric recently had a big falling out then split with Julian(Adoins ) &Dre, over "deep issues" hurting their relationships but they all lived together up until a week ago. This Whole situation, 3 families hurting ! Julian Morris (Adoins) he is still both missing & hiding ! Dre death has been officially ruled a Homicide on Sunday, July 7, 2024 by Birmingham Police

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2024 1:21 PM

R27 Oh my, that is messy and delicious

by Anonymousreply 28July 12, 2024 1:17 AM

I assume the third member of the throuple has a watertight alibi?

by Anonymousreply 29July 12, 2024 1:44 AM

R2 He is dead for Christ sake. How is this different from any Frau likely killed by her husband or boyfriend or any person for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 30July 12, 2024 2:08 AM

r30 obviously skipped over the messiness mentioned in r27's post. It happens. If you're a dumb blind whore like he is.

by Anonymousreply 31July 12, 2024 3:45 AM

The third-party party boyfriend that everyone else is drooling over is so basic. Momma's Mussy remains dry. Facially, he reminds me of Bruno Mars, and his style of dress is horrific. I hope they catch him and give him a very lengthy sentence for those crimes of fashion. Doesn't anybody have any standards anymore? The bar is in hell. Finally, this whole situation just confirms for me that this whole 'thruple' trend is the worst idea the community has come up with since Poz Parties became popular. If the spark is truly gone, then it's best to separate rather than invite another character into the bedroom. I see the same outcome for Xavier Robitaille and the Bayne couple.

by Anonymousreply 32July 12, 2024 3:54 AM

Has Antoine Dobson commented?

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2024 1:45 AM

Were they dancers ,dancers? or Dancing for money dancers?

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2024 2:50 AM

R34, see R6.

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2024 8:35 AM

An attorney for Julian Morris has issued a statement:

"Currently grieving the death of a loved one, Mr. Morris wants answers as well, and is currently awaiting those answers..."

HA!

He's so fucking guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2024 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!