Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can someone explain to me

How does a corporation plead guilty to criminal charges. Doesn’t there have to be named persons functioning on behalf of the corporation. No episode of Law & Order ever showcased something like this. Or did this all change when the Supreme Court rule that corporations were people about 15 yrs ago.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 10:33 PM

Hang on, OP. I’m making a thorough study of Car 54 Where Are You. I should have an answer fairly soon cuz the show only ran for two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 4:33 PM

R1 What in the hell?

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 4:41 PM

OP, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Better just embrace the mystery and not think about it too much.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 4:42 PM

Corporations ARE people!

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 4:43 PM

Soylent Green is corporations!

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 4:48 PM

The board votes whether to accept the charges. This usually involves big fines which are still less than the legal costs of going to trial. The CEO signs off on the charges if the board agrees.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 5:51 PM

Corporations have been people since 1870, hence the Gilded Age. Money has been speech for 15 or so years, hence the impending end of democracy 2024.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 10:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!