Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Highly Paid Doctor Gets Nabbed Shoplifting From Target

Not once, but multiple times. This is just the one when they were able to actually catch her. The saddest thing is that she makes over a quarter million dollars a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 4:57 PM

Or, she 'made' over a quarter million a year.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 3:27 PM

Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 3:30 PM

Is she a great big fat person?

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 3:30 PM

Sad, this is mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 3:30 PM

R3- DL's favorite

GREAT BIG FAT PERSON is

her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 3:33 PM

Not in NYC area or Los Angeles but in New Mexico $286,000 one can live VERY well on that salary. She's obviously a Kleptomaniac.

In other news in NYC or San Francisco stealing up to $900 worth of merchandise. is perfectly legal now that we have the legalization of theft in certain parts of the USA.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 3:38 PM

R6 You can live very well on 286K in NYC. Inflation ain’t that crazy. However that amount of money in New Mexico makes you rich.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 3:43 PM

Mental illness. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 3:45 PM

People who steal for the thrill of it aren't exactly rare. Whether it's a "mental illness" or not, I don't feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 3:45 PM

Please dont lie, r6, lest we start imitating some of the most ugly charcheristics of the right wing. It's still illegal and prosecutable. It's just not a felony. And it's $950.

One way larger retailers try to get around this is tracking suspected shoplifters via camera, noting the merchandise they take. And they are stupid enough to make return trips. Once they tick above $950 they're arrested and can be charged with a felony.

And this being California, the Proposition state, don't be surprised if there's a ballot initiative to change the law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 3:47 PM

Meanwhile, someone around the corner is being folded, spindled and mutilated; will the cops respond?

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 3:55 PM

People like her are a major reason why the rest of us are paying such high prices. We have to make up for what these idiots steal.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 4:14 PM

[quote] She's obviously a Kleptomaniac.

Clearly. Every criminal act happens as a result of a sociological, psychological or psychiatric condition but it's still a crime and needs to be addressed as such.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 4:35 PM

I missed the other big ol' lie in r6's post, "legislation of theft." (I'd stopped reading when it said stealing under $900 worth of merchandise is "perfectly legal.") No it was not legislated. If it's not clear from the preview at r10, the voters of the State of California passed a proposition changing the criminal code. And it can be reversed.

I understand telling blatant lies works on Fox News, Facebook, and Trump rallies where the feeble-minded and credulous gather, but why attempt such inanity on Datalounge where the collective IQ is well above the mean?

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 4:42 PM

I used to work with a woman who was ultimately exposed for stealing & as R13 aptly noted, most crime has roots in disorders, which doesn't make it any less a crime, but still...you felt sad for her because like overeating or drinking, she did it for the thrill/momentary high, but then felt ultimately ashamed of it. That said, is this person (ahem) looked different or didn't come an elite class of people, I don't think most people would feel much sympathy

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 4:45 PM

[quote] she did it for the thrill/momentary high

She didn’t do it for the lulz?

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 4:47 PM

Agree, R4. I'm ambivalent about these body cams used to shame people publicly like this. It becomes fodder for entertainment, and I'm participating in it. Bit ashamed of myself for it.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 4:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!