Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hurricane Beryl Right On Top Of Houston At This Moment

And there are some idiots driving up and down the freeways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 9:07 PM

Given it's Texas, they can probably expect to have power back in a week or two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 4:26 PM

I got a black scre3n on the cam. Power is already out.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 6:59 PM

The webcam is working again but the storm has now passed beyond that area.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 7:10 PM

Just what Houston needs, more rain

Maybe Hot Wheels should stop building his wall an invest in a little infrastructure... Just sayin'

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 7:14 PM

It's cool that we're getting some of the remnants passing through Flyover in a few days. I love 'hurricane rain': it's misty and smells like the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 8:48 PM

^ It's stifling and it smells like mold

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 9:02 PM

I wouldn't be hurt or offended if Beryl swept Hot Wheels out to sea, never to be seen or heard from again.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 9:17 PM

With millions now living in intense heat without power in Houston, how many will continue to deny that climate change exists?

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 11:28 PM

I'm kind of an electricity addict. When the power goes out I kind of freak out. I wouldn't last a week in Texas

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 11:37 PM

Pray for Texas,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 12:22 AM

My dad’s power turned back on at about 3 PM today, FWIW. He’s in Sugar Land, so I imagine a couple of hundred thousand are back online, at a minimum.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 1:37 AM

Still 2,465,193 Texans without power as of 10 minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 3:00 AM

JFC - with this year and humidity, it’s going to be unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 8:08 AM

*Heat

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 8:08 AM

Houston has two main power companies. Here is CenterPoint’s outage tracker. They’re chipping away but with all the downed lines, it’s dangerous and slow-moving work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 8:12 AM

It's that time of year...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 8:34 AM

Has anyone seen Ted “Cancun” Cruz, lately?

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 4:17 PM

How is it today, Texas Marys?

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 4:18 PM

Texas Gov. Abbot is actually out of the country, while Sen. Ted Cruz is whale watching in California, lol. Who knew he cared for anything in the natural world?!

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 9:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!