Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whose delay in coming out

... angered you the most?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 8, 2024 8:49 PM

Has Latifah come out?!

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 2:21 PM

None of these people angered me staying in the closet. Then eventually coming out. Seek help, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 2:22 PM

None.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 2:23 PM

I don’t even think Travolta is gay. I just think he has a sick power fetish for male masseuse.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 2:42 PM

Another vote for none.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 2:44 PM

“male masseuse” = masseur

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 2:54 PM

Why would anyone be angry about someone else's personal business, especially when it doesn't affect you?

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 3:06 PM

Clay Aiken.

Because, though Clay's being gay was obvious from Neptune, his major fan clubs (yes, guilty) demanded that "we take Clay at his word (of not being gay)" and never, ever state, suggest, hint, imply, or intimate otherwise.

So for his management's imposing such asinine strictures on those now-disbanded groups of fans, I pick Clay.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 3:09 PM

I only get annoyed about politicians who are publicly homophobic, only to be outed later. For anybody else, it’s not my business.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 3:11 PM

The only one who irritates me is Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 3:21 PM

Liberace!

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 3:24 PM

None.

Everyone is on their own path with their own personal history and their own sense of what they owe to the public.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 3:44 PM

signore giorgio clooney

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 4:58 PM

I wasn’t forthcoming about my orientation early in my career because, especially then, I felt it would mean the first label I’d be assigned was Gay.

I’m gay but I’m much more than that and wanted to be known as an outstanding contributor, a hard worker, a good colleague, etc. before my orientation came into it.

When some of these folks were starting out, being gay was a huge deal. They wanted to let their acting speak for itself.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 5:10 PM

Some of these figures were widely understood to be gay anyway. They just didn’t stand on a soapbox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 5:18 PM

Clooney and Cruise could do so much for the gay community if they came out.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 5:27 PM

R10 I'm just guessing but it might have something to do with his putrid religion. Besides, it's his biz not mine, plus I don't give 2 shits what he is or does. I wouldn't mind having his stuff when he croaks though.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 5:30 PM

R16, I'll byte, like what?

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 5:33 PM

Unless a closet case is causing harm to gay people in some way, I do not care if or when they come out. If someone was lying about it and cheating on their spouse, I wouldn't think highly of them. But "anger"? There are too many legitimate things to be angry about in the world for me to care about some celebrity's private life.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 5:41 PM

Liberace just never found the right girl and settled down R11.

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2024 5:54 PM

Ricky Martin

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2024 6:06 PM

Travolta was so beautiful in Grease. I can't believe how cruel time can be.

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2024 6:25 PM

Jodie with psycho homophobe Mel as deep cover

by Anonymousreply 23July 8, 2024 6:32 PM

Lady G is one of the few that bothers me. Everybody knows. And he does so much harm.

by Anonymousreply 24July 8, 2024 6:33 PM

Elton is the biggest name on that list, and it took him forever to come out. If he had done it in the 1970’s, it could have made really big impact for a lot young people.

by Anonymousreply 25July 8, 2024 6:49 PM

R22, You're really going to be shocked, then, when you find out about "death."

by Anonymousreply 26July 8, 2024 8:01 PM

R25, I agree, but it would have all but killed his career. It was a very different time. Now people get accolades for coming out, even when they’re really just heterosexual looking for some attention. Then, it would’ve been much harder.

He did publicly state that he was bisexual in 1976 before saying he was gay in 1992. (See link.)

I don’t begrudge him for his timing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 8, 2024 8:14 PM

No one's closeted-ness has angered me - except political homophobes who do actual damage to the community. But playing along with OP's miserably inadequate list, I'd say Kevin Spacey gets the biggest eye roll (and that goes for you, too, "Diane").

Honorable mention to Vin Diesel and his European girlfriends.

by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2024 8:21 PM

Has the Cockgobbler been mentioned yet? Since we're talking about self-loathing GOP closet cases....

by Anonymousreply 29July 8, 2024 8:23 PM

Anger? No.

It's more on the order eye-rolling, head-shaking, and laughter.

by Anonymousreply 30July 8, 2024 8:39 PM

Dan Abrams

by Anonymousreply 31July 8, 2024 8:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!