Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

President Biden tells Congressional Democrats “I’m not going” in lengthy letter

That he wrote all by himself.

It absolutely was not written by Hunter Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 10, 2024 1:10 AM

The manic, frenetic language has absolutely no similarity to Hunter Biden’s writing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 1:53 PM

Disaster.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 1:53 PM

And I am telling you...

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 1:55 PM

Yeah, it's a good thing no Trump ever read words that someone else wrote.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 1:56 PM

Hunter has always exerted some element of control over his father, especially since the death of his older brother, Beau, in 2015. But in the addled state Joe is in now, unable to hide his cognitive deficits, Hunter is in the driver’s seat like never before.

That’s bad news for Democrats — and disastrous for the country.

Those who know Hunter well say that, despite his reputation as a crackhead loser, he is highly intelligent, manipulative, methodical and always out for his own ends, which, now more than ever, depend on his father maintaining power.

“Knowing them on a familial level, they [will] have to be dragged out,” said one former friend.

“I think the Bidens are going to fight all the way into the ground,” said another. “[They] only give a s- -t about themselves and the Bidens.”

Hunter also is fearless and willing to fight to the death to get what he wants. That makes him a formidable adversary for any hapless Democrat believing that all they have to do is sweet-talk Jill and Ashley Biden or appeal to Joe’s sense of party loyalty and desire to preserve his legacy.

Hunter has a lot at stake personally in Joe remaining in office. He has benefited from Joe’s power all his life, but now his future is in peril, with a looming felony tax trial in California as he awaits sentencing over his felony gun conviction in Delaware.

(From Post, so no link)

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 2:00 PM

In other words, Hunter may view the situation as a dry run for his own political ambitions, perish the thought.

Various communications on his abandoned laptop also show he is not fond of the Obamas, and harbors a resentment that they did not respect his father sufficiently when he was vice president.

In his 2021 memoir, “Beautiful Things,” Hunter wrote that he didn’t like hanging around the Obama White House because “I didn’t want to be in the position of walking into a barbecue on a Sunday with the president and the White House staff after reading about someone throwing my dad under the bus. I knew I couldn’t control my temper and keep my mouth shut.”

If he perceives an Obama push to get rid of his father now, that will only make him dig in harder.

Apart from saving his own skin, Hunter will be enjoying the feeling of control he has at the center of the constitutional crisis facing the nation, says another former friend. He may see it as a “proving ground for his leadership skills and believe that his manifest destiny is playing out.”

Perhaps the only way to remove the Biden family grift machine is to bribe them out. Or, to put it more politely, for the Democratic donor class to provide a golden parachute of lucrative book deals, a lavish presidential library and a guaranteed pardon for any family members in legal jeopardy.

“That would do the trick,” said one former Biden confidant.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 2:01 PM

Biden makes bizarre phone call to Morning Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 2:09 PM

it gets worse and worse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 2:11 PM

Agree with R1. I read an e-mail Hunter wrote quite a while ago and was struck by how poorly written it was. It was a very stereotypical example of someone trying hard to sound smart. Which would be no big deal if it were someone with a more limited or lower quality education. But not a Yale Law School graduate. I remember thinking, “Huh. he’s not just a fuck up. He’s stupid, too.”

The fact that it was released is very disturbing. Implies there is no adult supervision.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 2:23 PM

He probably wouldn't mind it, but the machine is now moving full speed ahead. The money, the momentum... Yes, even Biden will benefit from being the incumbent.

On the plus side- he's pushing Trump off the front page! Lots of free publicity.

If Biden wins it will be a final verdict for Trump: you're fired.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 2:26 PM

He’s getting 25th’d. That’s why the Democrats canceled the meeting today. It’s already been decided.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 2:28 PM

Biden wants to be Effie White to the democratic parties Dreamgirls.

Or Miss Lake Dardanelle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 2:33 PM

Biden is taking a page from Trump in the last election by calling in to Morning Joe. He doesn’t sound any more incoherent than Donald did (and still does).

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 2:34 PM

Wouldn't 25th be risky as the Rs will refuse to approve an interim veep?

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 2:38 PM

Biden deserves the right to go down in the history books as the man who destroyed Donald Trump. I don't give a flying fuck what he looks or sounds like when he's doing public engagements. When he's in private in the Oval Office doing his job he knows exactly what he's doing, and is doing a stellar job of it.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 2:41 PM

But he didn’t destroy Donald Trump. Trump will be elected again because of Biden.

Why do they always forget that part?

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 2:43 PM

^^ Is that you Theresa Caputo?

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 2:45 PM

If the 25th is pursued, a new Vice President will have to be chosen. They will have to go with an extremely centrist dem in order to get approval from the House. Maybe even a centrist Republican.

ChatGPT:

If the Vice President assumes the presidency, a new Vice President is chosen according to Section 2 of the 25th Amendment. The process is as follows:

1. **Nomination by the President:** - The new President (formerly the Vice President) nominates a candidate for Vice President.

2. **Confirmation by Congress:** - The nominee must be confirmed by a majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Here is the relevant text from Section 2 of the 25th Amendment:

> Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

### Summary of the Process:

1. **Nomination:** - The President nominates a candidate for Vice President.

2. **House of Representatives:** - The nominee is considered by the House of Representatives. A majority vote is required for confirmation.

3. **Senate:** - The nominee is also considered by the Senate. A majority vote is required for confirmation.

4. **Assumption of Office:** - Once confirmed by both Houses of Congress, the nominee becomes the new Vice President.

This process ensures that the office of the Vice President is filled in a timely manner, maintaining the line of succession and stability within the executive branch.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 2:45 PM

If Biden goes the course and wins this thing all those pussy democrats who wanted him gone are going to look like the biggest whiners and fools ever. I hope every one of them gets voted out of office.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 2:47 PM

R19 the only one who is getting out of office now is Biden.

Like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2024 2:53 PM

R19 Great. Then we’ll have no majority’s in the House and Senate.

So much for “saving democracy”. This is what it’s supposed to be about isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2024 2:57 PM

Well obviously I hope they'll all be replaced by better democrats.

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2024 2:59 PM

[quote]Wouldn't 25th be risky as the Rs will refuse to approve an interim veep?

Pay no attention to fantastical delusions.

by Anonymousreply 23July 8, 2024 3:03 PM

We went through this with my father's Parkinsons. He doesn't realize (denial) that he's barely up to serving out the rest of this term. I think he needs an intervention from doctors myself.

by Anonymousreply 24July 8, 2024 3:05 PM

But is this a Jennifer Holliday And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going?

Or more of a Lake Dardanelle?

by Anonymousreply 25July 8, 2024 3:07 PM

Clearly nothing is going to get done that needs to be done. The planet is going to roast and humans will go right on fiddling as it does. I’m glad I have no children. The future is not looking good for the human race.

by Anonymousreply 26July 8, 2024 3:11 PM

Biden pens letter pledging to stay in the race.

Why that's bad news for Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 27July 8, 2024 3:49 PM

I have always had sympathy for Hunter and the way his dad stands by him . But I rally don't want a druggie being a close confidant of my president.

by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2024 4:00 PM

Jill is not in Washington which explains how Hunter seized control.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 8, 2024 4:09 PM

Some of you trolls sound as nuts as the Markle obsessed trolls.

by Anonymousreply 30July 8, 2024 4:12 PM

What Russian troll farm came up with the idea that it's all Hunter running the show now?

by Anonymousreply 31July 8, 2024 5:09 PM

Dear Trolls:

It’s over now. Your attempted coup is over. Once again, you lost.

True Americans are supporting the party of democracy and their candidate, President Joe Biden. We are the majority.

You’ll all have to go back to your Russian sex work now.

The Democratic Party

by Anonymousreply 32July 8, 2024 5:17 PM

R31 Axios

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 8, 2024 5:17 PM

R32 really? You’re here when this is happening?

Some patriot you are!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 8, 2024 5:19 PM

All that's happening at r34 is a bad gateway.

by Anonymousreply 35July 8, 2024 5:26 PM

President Biden is all...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 8, 2024 6:10 PM

If anyone asks why the media is covering Biden this week instead of Trump, the answer is that Biden has delayed dropping out and the waiting for it to happen is going to keep taking all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 37July 8, 2024 6:58 PM

[quote]If anyone asks why the media is covering Biden this week instead of Trump

What about all of the other weeks, r37? What was their excuse then?

by Anonymousreply 38July 8, 2024 7:04 PM

The idea that the media hasn't covered Trump enough is some crazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 39July 8, 2024 7:07 PM

[quote]The idea that the media hasn't covered Trump enough is some crazy shit.

Where are the calls for Trump to step down on FOX or CNN, r39?

by Anonymousreply 40July 8, 2024 7:10 PM

Palpatina enters her car

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 8, 2024 7:12 PM

Crazy old man sending a letter to the editor. By making the race about his health, we’re fucked because Trump will clobber him in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 42July 8, 2024 7:28 PM

Get him off my screen and find him some jello

by Anonymousreply 43July 8, 2024 7:35 PM

You'll get over it, r42.

by Anonymousreply 44July 8, 2024 7:35 PM

The Democrats are actually helping the Rethugs destroy Joe. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 45July 8, 2024 8:22 PM

Joe destroyed himself.

by Anonymousreply 46July 8, 2024 8:26 PM

R46 If team Biden knew he would be such a mess why did they challenge Trump to that debate...we knew Trump didn't want to but why shoot your candidacy down like that.

Its mind boggling, those first 10 minutes were painful if that what was being presented prior why do that? Is that the sign of good people surrounding the president? my apathy is through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 47July 8, 2024 8:39 PM

Jennifer Holiday once sang “I’m Not Going”.

by Anonymousreply 48July 8, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote]If team Biden knew he would be such a mess why did they challenge Trump to that debate.

That would seem to point to Biden's debate performance being episodic rather than a sign of an ongoing problem.

by Anonymousreply 49July 8, 2024 8:44 PM

r37...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50July 8, 2024 8:44 PM

R46: they may have been optimistic that he wouldn't look quite that far gone, hoping Trump would have outbursts that would be the main story.

by Anonymousreply 51July 8, 2024 8:45 PM

He’s like David Koresh, thinking if he says he’s not going to give up, the people waiting will just go away. They’re not going to go away. This will not end well.

by Anonymousreply 52July 8, 2024 8:53 PM

Maybe they could give the old gupper some blood from a teenager like the Keith Richard’s method. I love how that isn’t even a metaphor of taking from the young to prop up the old it’s the thing itself.

by Anonymousreply 53July 8, 2024 9:57 PM

R47, I assumed they scheduled the debate so early in the season to give him a strong debate before the inevitable acceleration of his decline. Too late.

by Anonymousreply 54July 8, 2024 10:07 PM

Trump’s doctor must have depleted the White House pill bank. Can’t they give him some “vitamin” shots?

by Anonymousreply 55July 8, 2024 10:07 PM

[quote]I assumed they scheduled the debate so early in the season to give him a strong debate before the inevitable acceleration of his decline.

Obviously an incorrect assumption as a second debate is scheduled for September.

by Anonymousreply 56July 8, 2024 11:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 8, 2024 11:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 8, 2024 11:22 PM

[quote]The Democrats are actually helping the Rethugs destroy Joe. Fascinating.

If it's one thing we Democrats know how to do, it's to eat one's own.

by Anonymousreply 59July 8, 2024 11:44 PM

AOC wrote that?

That means he is being forced out.

by Anonymousreply 60July 8, 2024 11:53 PM

He is telling them NOW so he doesn’t have to tell them LATER!

by Anonymousreply 61July 9, 2024 12:11 AM

[bold]"THANK YOU JOE!! You have done so much for MY campaign. Staying off the campaign trail today while Jill campaigned instead was genius!!"[/bold]---------------------->>Next President (and future American Dictator) Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 62July 9, 2024 12:54 AM

"If you don't like it run against me!!"---------------um, whose gonna tell President Magoo the DNC blocked other candidates? Joe is screwing this up for Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 9, 2024 1:01 AM

I read the Axios link, R33, and didn't see anything about Hunter the mastermind.

by Anonymousreply 64July 9, 2024 2:15 AM

Drop out of the race?? Has anyone been asking when Trump is dropping out cuz he was convicted on 34 felonies not to mention he's only 2 years "younger " than Biden!? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!

by Anonymousreply 65July 9, 2024 2:27 AM

R65 Trump will be elected with 34 felonies because people dislike Biden so much.

by Anonymousreply 66July 9, 2024 2:31 AM

Wonder if Trump's in Russia by now. Is that why nobody has seen him? Did he finally do that runner everyone's been expecting for years?

by Anonymousreply 67July 9, 2024 2:43 AM

Trump will be elected with 34 felonies because people dislike Libtards so much.

by Anonymousreply 68July 9, 2024 2:52 AM

Just hanging out here on Epstein Island. Bring me another child!

by Anonymousreply 69July 9, 2024 2:54 AM

Honey, I tried that, bye…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 9, 2024 2:55 AM

[quote] "If you don't like it run against me!!"---------------um, whose gonna tell President Magoo the DNC blocked other candidates?

Biden is being disingenuous. It’s almost like Kim Jong Un saying it.

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2024 3:22 AM

R65 = STFU....Trump is a convicted felon and Biden still ain't beating him. We are going to lose with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 72July 9, 2024 3:24 AM

Yes R56, I understand there is a second debate scheduled. My point was his staff assumed he could get a win under his belt before the second debate in Sept. To say he under-performed in the first debate would be an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 73July 9, 2024 5:44 AM

House dems come out of closed door meeting about Biden's nomination IN FULL SUPPORT OF THE PRESIDENT!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 9, 2024 8:30 PM

[quote] House dems come out of closed door meeting about Biden's nomination IN FULL SUPPORT OF THE PRESIDENT!!

That why I said earlier it’s like a Kim Jong Un situation. There’s no way to replace Biden other than if he chooses to leave or dies. Everyone is forced to state their loyalty to the leader.

by Anonymousreply 75July 9, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote] Among the most notable comments were those of veteran Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), who over the weekend on a private call with House party leaders expressed opposition to Biden being his party’s nominee, but who in public comments outside the meeting sang a different tune.

No one expected Nadler to have integrity and stick with his original assessment, did they?

by Anonymousreply 76July 9, 2024 9:34 PM

They should have had this conversation a year ago. The candidate is Biden. Let's move forward now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 9, 2024 10:28 PM

Democratic Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado tells Kaitlin Collins the Dems may lose the Senate, House and Presidency with Biden at the top of the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 78July 10, 2024 1:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!