Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The loyalty of Black people

You guys notice out of all the high profile Dems to speak on Biden bowing out, every rank & file Black democrat in Congress has show unfettered support. From day 1 since the debate and they refuse to suggest any other possibility. I love this about us but are we sometimes loyal to a fault. And is it because culturally we are always raised to respect our elders no matter what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2024 8:47 PM

More to lose if Trump wins

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 1:37 PM

It makes it look as though most black voters don't think for themselves, but do what they're told. I'm talking about a perception, not asserting a total reality.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 1:38 PM

All I know is Nancy Pelosi is ready to jump ship. The only powerful people in the party still in Biden’s corner are black people and Gavin Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 1:39 PM

solidarity and loyalty is good. loyalty above competence is a mixed bag.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 1:40 PM

Black people were very loyal to the Clintons but the Clintons actually liked them.

Their loyalty to someone who lies about his participation in the Civil Rights movement, wrote the Crime Bill, attacked Anita Hill and is now preventing a Black woman from assuming the Presidency due to Biden’s obvious incapacity saddens me.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 1:43 PM

The steadfast support is admirable but it seems to be about the *past*.

Our present day problem is that our nominee is age 81 and he is mentally and physically deteriorating before our eyes.

What shape will Biden be in to debate in September, and campaign in the fall, if he is worsening? Too many inside reports have come out about it.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 1:44 PM

I thought Clyburn, who got him nominated via a string of southern (black) primaries, is now open to someone else?

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 1:53 PM

Blind, unwavering devotion, like the Goebbels family had for their leader, for example, is not necessarily admirable.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 1:55 PM

Black people are constantly saving the Democratic Party from itself because black people know white people better than white people know white people.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 1:56 PM

Maybe they know introducing someone this late in the election cycle is a mistake. I personally think introducing someone else this late in the game is a mistake. It makes the democrats look weak. Sure, you could say that Biden is losing it, but at least we can be sure that the party supports him and will step up when they have to. The Republican party is superficially behind Trump, but they will turn on him as soon as things get rough and he will throw his supporters under the bus. He already has.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 2:01 PM

Then perhaps, R8, your time would be put to better use convincing MAGAts and other Republicans to take a closer look at their emperor because he's wearing shit-stained pants, his orange makeup is ugly, his cotton candy like hair is stupid, he's old and fat, a liar and a con artist/grifter, and he's an unmitigated jackass to boot.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 2:04 PM

[quote] What shape will Biden be in to debate in September

There seems to be a consensus in the pundit class that Trump won't debate again, but I question that if he believes Biden can't deliver a passable performance.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 2:09 PM

He carried water for Obama for eight years, they got his back.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 2:17 PM

Because Trump is going to deport them.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 2:35 PM

R14 I kinda don’t get the joke. On average African-American blood lines go back further than any other ethnic group, except indigenous people obviously, in America.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 2:38 PM

Biden is counting on black support and unions to carry him. Too bad it’s not enough.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 2:41 PM

R16 I think it will be a replay of 2016. He will win the popular vote but all them regular white people in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio will overwhelm the votes of the major cities. However he will win the popular vote by a lower margin than Clinton in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 2:44 PM

No one seems to be talking about the millions of Democrats that will stay home if Biden is the nominee, especially if he’s polling 7-10 points behind Trump.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 2:45 PM

R18 That’s what I’m saying. Young black voter turnout will be low. Conservative democratic white men turnout will be low. Hell he might even lose the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 2:47 PM

If the candidate isn't Biden, then we say "Kamala or Bust!!"

We have nothing left to lose, having always been the party's (and the nation's) black sheep. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2024 5:00 PM

If Biden holds on to the nomination, and if he ends up beating Trump - two big ifs now - democracy will be forever indebted to Black people.

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2024 8:35 PM

Stealth supremacy thread.

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2024 8:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!