Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Excuse me GAYS, but do any of you know how to make home made ketchup?

My Maid Katie and I are making corned beef and cabbage for dinner, and we'd like to make some ketchup to go along with it.

She likes it sour, but I like it on the sweeter side.

Do any of you have a good recipe?

My husband Alonso will be home soon.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 3:43 AM

I’ve never had homemade ketchup before. I thought there was a certain process with the tomatoes they employed that took weeks. Like that’s what makes ketchup ketchup. Op are you watching Barbecue Showdown like I am right now.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 12:04 AM

Top Secret Recipes has a good copy of Heinz. Tastes much fresher than the shelf stable stuff and it's cheaper too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 12:09 AM

I just sit on a very ripe and large tomato, and add salt.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 1:09 AM

How did ketchup ever become so popular in the US?

Americans in the 1950s had such boring taste and a bland palate, so it's surprising that they liked ketchup.

Especially since tomato sauce was more of an Italian immigrant kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 1:27 AM

Ketchup is Chinese. Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 1:30 AM

[quote] My Maid Katie

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 1:32 AM

[quote]Especially since tomato sauce was more of an Italian immigrant kind of thing.

Tomatoes are not native to Europe or Asia. They’re from the new world. So no, they are not an Italian Immigrant kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 1:42 AM

OP you have bigger things to worry about with the whore daughter of yours and her long-distance calls and that juvenile delinquent Tootie.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 1:45 AM

You should probably also tell your second born that her crush is GAY.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 1:45 AM

[quote] Tomatoes are not native to Europe or Asia. They’re from the new world. So no, they are not an Italian Immigrant kind of thing.

True, but Italians were the ones who utilized them the most in Europe.

I would add Spain to that, as well.

But Northern Europeans never took a liking to tomatoes, the way that Southern Europeans did.

Which carried over to the eating habits of the newly formed United States. You don't hear much about tomatoes or tomato sauce in American cooking, until Italian immigrants introduced spaghetti and pizza into American cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 1:53 AM

Tomatoes are used all over Europe in various dishes including France, Portugal, eastern Europe, Greece etc. I wouldn’t say it was all due to Italians. I think people might believe that because of the stereotype about all Italian food containing tomatoes or being red which couldn’t be farther from the truth.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 2:13 AM

[quote] I think people might believe that because of the stereotype about all Italian food containing tomatoes or being red which couldn’t be farther from the truth.

Further from the truth.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 2:28 AM

Tootsie, is that ketchup on your dress, or did you just have your first period???!!

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 9:44 AM

Where exactly was Alonso while you and Katie the maid were making homemade ketchup?

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 3:32 AM

[quote] Where exactly was Alonso while you and Katie the maid were making homemade ketchup?

I hear Lon Jr. was upstairs with that Truitt boy, in his room.

There were strange noises coming from behind the door!

I'm afraid Mr. Smith might strike that Truitt boy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 5:02 AM

I saw Alonso and John Truett behind the high school talking and giggling. I think Alonso had something in his eye, because John had his hand on Alonso's face and was looking at it awful close.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2024 5:22 PM

Yeth.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2024 5:35 PM

What happened to Greg? Why was he redlined?

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2024 5:37 PM

[quote] What happened to Greg? Why was he redlined?

He flew too close to the sun, and got burned.

Farewell, sweet prince.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2024 2:55 AM

[quote]Ketchup is Chinese. Look it up.

Actually it's more Indonesian. Southeast Asia has a sauce variation called kyeh jiap (various spellings and slight tonal differences). Look [bold] that up.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!