Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Welsh woman cures depression by identifying as a mermaid but encounters merphobia

A 30 year old woman was depressed and then she started swimming with a prosthetic fin and now she's not depressed and she helps other people who are depressed become mermaids and she once saw a seal when she was swimming but she's also sad because it's difficult to practice being a mermaid in swimming pools because the people who run swimming pools are merphobic and it's dangerous for trainee mermaids to swim in the sea.

There's just so much cruelty in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2024 9:21 PM

MermeX!

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2024 8:16 PM

Where in the sea do mermaids get tattoos?

by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2024 8:18 PM

Are we still pretending that trannies are not mentally ill?

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2024 8:22 PM

[quote]Mermaiding - wearing a mermaid tail - became popular in America in 2015

It did?

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2024 8:22 PM

Cosplaying and pretending to be a strange character is nothing new. If it helps with your depression, that's great. But don't be taken aback if people find it weird or off putting.

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2024 8:24 PM

R2 - I know some squids who are happy to share their ink.

by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2024 8:41 PM

I really HATE this trend.

by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2024 8:45 PM

Bitch. A trans mermaid of color was the first to swim in a YMCA pool.

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2024 8:47 PM

Eccentric weirdo but fortunately unlike straight or even gay pedo groomers in drag kween cosplay she's harmless.

As long as she isn't full on manic-psychotic and attacks anyone. Western society very much needs to reopen psych hospitals for such cases. I'm the daughter of two straight psych nurses in a platonic relationship so I know somewhat of what I speak.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2024 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!